Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 (55800 Views)

386 New COVID-19 Cases, 522 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 1 -(2175 Tested) / COVID-19: 242 New Cases Reported, 124 Discharges And 10 Deaths On May 11 / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nobody: 6:22am On May 09, 2020
Quietly:
The most painful part is that, many people believe this is real.....pls don't kill yourself with this false figures...stay strong....
Yes the figures aren't real; it's much more than that.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:27am On May 09, 2020
38 shocked shocked what

386 shocked shocked

This is bad oo cry
RIP to those that died
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nobody: 6:28am On May 09, 2020
baralatie:
Vaccine o
Which vaccines? the one nigerians claim it's from evil bill gates?

Anyway, there are no corona virus in nigeria, it's just APC scam to loot money. grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nobody: 6:29am On May 09, 2020
There are no virus in nigeria, it's all APC scam to loot money. grin

Anyway

where da hell is Osibanjo?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Pentasoft1978: 6:29am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Today figure go high tomorrow e go reduce,so inconsistent,so how do we plot graph with these inconsistent figures let alone determining were the the curve of the graph start flattening.
Don't think of how to stay safe, think of how to plot graph. may God help U not to plot graph with your own covid -19 result data.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by AmTruth: 6:32am On May 09, 2020
It's easier to handle a hungry family than a sick family, this is my humble advise to everyone out there. Covid19 is real .

Keep yourself and family safe.

We will prevail.

God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by neyorlmogzy(m): 6:32am On May 09, 2020
Quietly:

oga if the infected ones are higher than this,,we may have start dieing by the street or at home...did you knows that almost all infected ones doesn't show any symptoms(including governors)they are fooling us to get money....why kogi state gov said he dont want to play politics with this..almost 9states share border with d state...if they really get the virus..they would hav started dieing by the estreet or home...think and rethink...
The reason why most infected cases in Nigeria are Asymptomatic is as a result of their strong immune system, something very common with Africans. But for the unfortunate ones with underlying issues it may lead to death.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by officialfestus(m): 6:36am On May 09, 2020
The two confirmed cases in edo was at mission road by two hausa go@t(men) who followed a truck load of beans to benin
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:40am On May 09, 2020
Investnow2017:
The world got a new peaks in confirmed cases today: 4 million plus and Africa records a new peaks of nearly 4 thousand cases in 24hrs!
Who else is observing? The Coronavirus pandemic has taken a turn for Africa with some 6 African countries recording new peaks in their reported confirmed cases today alone:

South Africa 660+
Ghana 900+
Benin Rep 100+
Egypt 490+
Sudan 180+
Nigeria 380+

This is happening just as it is equally ravaging South America; just as part of Europe is finding some shaky respite, although Russia and Belarus are right now in the middle of the grueling battle.

New particularly disturbing peaks today are:

Brazil 800+ deaths within 24hrs
Qatar 1,300+ confirmed cases in one day for a country of less than the population one state in Nigeria!

Please those who still doubt the presence of Covid-19 and still conduct themselves carelessly should take to heart what is happening right now in Brazil. At first, their president did everything to deny that Covid-19 is real. With over 10,000 deaths in less than 40 days he has swallowed his pride and utter foolishness. Wise ones do not need to be reduced to such a level just so that they can believe.

The raging tide had better turn away from Africa....................the raining/cold season sits well with this infectious virus.
That Bolsonaro is a yeye man I blame him for every thing happening in Brazil right now.
It is all his fault.So he has finally accepted his mistakes I hope he sacks himself just like he sacked his health minister.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by xcesspaschal(m): 6:45am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Today figure go high tomorrow e go reduce,so inconsistent,so how do we plot graph with these inconsistent figures let alone determining were the the curve of the graph start flattening.

It's called scattered diagram

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 6:47am On May 09, 2020
Chai plateau
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Esther91: 6:47am On May 09, 2020
What is IMO state doing in that list...Who confirmed the case of IMO?... I guess it was a mistake...NCDC pls re-check the list and give us feedback...
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by AmazingELixir: 6:57am On May 09, 2020
Most of you on this platforms are hypocrites...you come here to express your worries on the rising cases of Corona virus and in other threads rain insults and abuses on governors instituting stringent measures to curtail the spread in their states.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by NairaMaster1(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2020
Help4Tony:
God, what is really going on?? I believe by monday next week Lagos in particular will be hitting over 200 daily, and it may continue to increase. I pray we defeat covid19

With our attitudes and hostility towards the government is not helping us.

By the end of May it will be more scary
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Jimtop001(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
I can't wait for us to hit 1 million infections so we can finally have sense and sit at home grin

And hunger will then kill you... The principle of "no food for lazy man" is not suspended during this period

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Daniel0088: 6:57am On May 09, 2020
Lol ok let's talk about the billions they have collected in the name of this pandemic,let's talk about the grants they have collected in the name of this pandemic let's talk about the money they have shared to the poor yet you saw none during this pandemic let's talk about the grants from IMF UN and other bodies.yet, no food to the masses no enough isolation buildings yet no enough testing kits but we can believe the figures,my brother's you are mad if you believe this idiots doing business with our lives
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Angelfrost(m): 7:07am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
I can't wait for us to hit 1 million infections so we can finally have sense and sit at home grin

Nobody is sitting at home, sense or not... Let the overfed and over privileged keep enjoying that.

What makes you think we haven't hit that number already??! You think the slow testing capacity of NCDC is the true reflection of our situation??! Please, get real!!!

Y'all keep shouting stay at home without looking at the big picture....

An effective lock down has to be accompanied by fast, far reaching, and effective testing and isolation, coupled with catering to every need across the nation... This is IMPOSSIBLE!!! Everyone knows this, especially your leaders... That you don't know this, shows how far removed you are from reality ( let me not call you ignorant or insensitive)!

Going by our pace of testing, such a lock down will realistically be up to 6 months!!! Do a simple math or economy check sir... Can this ailing economy survive that length of inactivity??!...

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by andrewtosin(m): 7:12am On May 09, 2020
fergie001:

Ogun has declared an extension.

The way things are going, Lagos might be forced to join.
extension of what?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Kenny9857(m): 7:17am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Set awon graph plotter

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by andrewtosin(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2020
[quote author=Quietly post=89341451][/quote]What about USA? propaganda too? How we intentionally remain ignorant still beats me till this time undecided
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Deji4me: 7:22am On May 09, 2020
Okay o!!!!
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by autonomous22: 7:23am On May 09, 2020
MrJaay:
Let's face it. Coronavirus is here to stay.

We will just have to learn to live with the virus, and the earlier the better.

We can't go back into a lockdown, the previous one didn't work, another one wouldn't.

Protect yourself as much as you can. If you get infected, get treatment and continue with life.

Live right too, so that if you die as a result of the virus, you atleast stand a chance to make heaven.

Peace.

Guy if the kind of LOCKDOWN we are currently having here in port Harcourt is implemented all over the country, I bet u it will work.. And the spreading would reduce drastically...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Dcoy: 7:23am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
You can't plot a gragh without vigorous testing, I think we are still in the initial rise and might continue rising base on number of test... So many people already got the virus, had mild symptoms and became better.. Without even knowing so

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Femijohn198: 7:23am On May 09, 2020
throughout this year I don't think coronavirus will disappeared,even school and church will remain closed.God of Abraham help us all.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by cray91(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2020
haha funny you!
LearnITsmash:
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by somehow: 7:29am On May 09, 2020
EmekaBlue:
All these yeye figures

Covid-19 the new business in town.

When will people start dying on the street na abi hasn't the virus been around for long enough to show effect

For me i don tire because this thing don spoil this year.
maybe it will start from you
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by andrewtosin(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2020
nengibo:
16% of samples tested came out positive, not too bad
can you imagine? Do you expect more than 50% to be positive out of the tests conducted?
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by andrewtosin(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
lol sharp guy.
No Mind all these emotional people talking rubbish.
African figures are clearly falsified.
I never see people weh like foreign aid pass negros,tueh!! angry
you and people like you are part of the reasons why the cases will continue rising... Deliberate ignorance undecided
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by OKTolu: 7:35am On May 09, 2020
Like I used to say we need God as a nation to help us out of this situation.if it is our sin the Almighty should forgive us and cleanse our land of corona virus. Help us oh lord in Jesus name we pray Amen

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by andrewtosin(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2020
tejiri4:
I don't know why ogun state will be lockdown but Lagos with high index case won't.
when did they declare the lock down kwa? I thought they eased it last week?
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by fergie001: 7:37am On May 09, 2020
andrewtosin:
extension of what?
lockdown

andrewtosin
when did they declare the lock down kwa? I thought they eased it last week?
Yesterday
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Remmythe: 7:40am On May 09, 2020
MrJaay:
Let's face it. Coronavirus is here to stay.

We will just have to learn to live with the virus, and the earlier the better.

We can't go back into a lockdown, the previous one didn't work, another one wouldn't.

Protect yourself as much as you can. If you get infected, get treatment and continue with life.

Live right too, so that if you die as a result of the virus, you atleast stand a chance to make heaven.

Peace.

The lockdown was working b4 the irresponsible nigerians forced the fg to relax it...
And besides,did you jst say we should live with the virus?well words are easier said than done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / How Under-graduate Died During Abortion(pictured)- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.