Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 (55804 Views)

386 New COVID-19 Cases, 522 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 1 -(2175 Tested) / COVID-19: 242 New Cases Reported, 124 Discharges And 10 Deaths On May 11 / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by EmmaOgbu(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2020
AIT1:
I'm very angry with me NCDC I swear. What is the meaning of all this number they are giving us if they can't give us the actual number of test being conducted in each state daily before getting these results. All these numbers they ditch out is not a true reflection of what is happening. Now seeing Lagos with 176 and Kano with 65, people will be tempted to say Lagos case is worse and Kano is fair which is not true. Let's assume that the 176 cases recorded for Lagos is from 1,000 tests conducted and Kano 65 cases is from 200 tests conducted, does that not imply Kano is in a more critical state looking at the ratio?

So, if they can't give us the test conducted each day before recording these numbers then should keep everything all together.

They've only conducted about 25,000 tests they should tell us if they've tested all the "Abroad Returnees" and the confirmed cases among them how many of their contacts have been tested, how many more do they need or they should let us know if the cases are full-blown already.

All these numbers are not and can never be a true reflection of the state of the pandemic in Nigeria!
NCDC are not interested in what we need, They only doing what the government is telling them to do. If 45 cases are reported, just add half it to the reported number. That is the approximate value.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Ken4agent(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2020
Oboy this shit is rather spreading unchecked........our only way oiy is vaccine
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nobody: 10:14am On May 09, 2020
Gilbertase:
the equalizer 2
I've actually watched that movie... Average action, below my expectations. thanks anyways.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Born2Breed(f): 10:18am On May 09, 2020
These are not even the real numbers.

Nigeria cases should be above 65,000 by now. These includes the recovered and dead.

I know some people will have the symptoms (thinking its malaria or our common cold) and use self medication to get well again.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by shadeyinka(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Buhari said it in one of his campaign jingles in 2015. If Nigerians don't kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria. Unfortunately, he failed to fight the corruption when he came in. Only brought his own form of corruption which is nepotism and which breeds other forms of corruption!
I perfectly agree with you my brother. He seems to have lost it about what to even do.

The purpose of governance isn't to build road and supply water BUT to improve the living standard of the people. If a government fail in this, it has completely failed.

The question is, does Buhari know the origin of the hardship Nigerians are facing AND does he have a solution for it (however difficult)?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Michael0623: 11:20am On May 09, 2020
I just can't understand some Nigerians, they are like fish "they never believe say hot water dey untill they fall inside" if not they won't just sit back and say there is no corona virus in Nigeria and that the numbers released by NCDC are lies..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by ekuboygood(m): 11:24am On May 09, 2020
Abfinest007:
I heard delta had one but they are not here
no delta didn't have i am in delta, 3 death,2 recovery, 12 still active non new case comfirm
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by kingxsamz(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Today figure go high tomorrow e go reduce,so inconsistent,so how do we plot graph with these inconsistent figures let alone determining were the the curve of the graph start flattening.

Lol, this is just the beginning, and you're looking for a flattening curve?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by bergs2: 11:27am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Today figure go high tomorrow e go reduce,so inconsistent,so how do we plot graph with these inconsistent figures let alone determining were the the curve of the graph start flattening.
Do not forget that there are domains(variables) that would determine the nature of a graph. If any of theses deviate, then it becomes absolutely impossible to extrapolate a perfectly linear curve.
In fact, integrally no graph is absolute on its own, its nature depends on very many repositories.
Flattening the curve is simply holding one of these variables constant while one of it changes constantly. But is that actually possible?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by kingxsamz(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2020
Quietly:
The most painful part is that, many people believe this is real.....pls don't kill yourself with this false figures...stay strong....

Don't let your ignorance be the death of others.
Covidiot. undecided

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Hezzyluv: 11:31am On May 09, 2020
. Live right too, so that if you die as a result of the virus, you atleast stand a chance to make heaven

Pure 2rut and the most paramount.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 09, 2020
2gbasky22:
Indaboski
"Pawusheeyy"!
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Daniel0088: 3:32pm On May 09, 2020
See don't be sarcastic nobody I repeat nobody is saying covid-19 is not real,but we can see with evidence what is happening in abroad especially Europe and America,we can also see how they are sending gift items to their citizens ,how patients are treated.our own government here be preaching human right we never saw or maybe will never see.no basic amenities,we know how much came in during this pandemic in the name of the pandemic,we hear the figures and we also hear and read how offices get burnt how goat ate some how they shared some with no evidences and of which if you check your mind you can't point to anyone that got anything BUT my brother you believe the figures they give you everyday then you are an APC member fuckoff
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by newisd75: 4:10pm On May 09, 2020
Kano done rigged their own result
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by hay123: 5:14pm On May 09, 2020
These figures are fake and unrealistic. The leader are not talking is whats happening come to think of it how come there is no mádman suffering from covid19. We are not fools and our mumu don do Nigerians wake up.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Coborona: 7:47pm On May 09, 2020
Quietly:
The most painful part is that, many people believe this is real.....pls don't kill yourself with this false figures...stay strong....

Wait till you catch it
Guess you don't have access to TV to see what is going on around the world, a little research will feed your ignorance
The fact you don't know anyone who is infected doesn't mean it does not exist
Abba Kyari just died mysteriously bah, or those over 600 people that are dead in Kano within a week just died from malaria ailment
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Patieceiliya(f): 8:33pm On May 09, 2020
Hmmm May GOD save us all, we should never give-up our GOD Is a not at sleep he sees and hear everything we are been punish by our sins! Let ask for his forgiveness, favour and mercy he is our LORD And saviour he will surely save us.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Quietly(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2020
Coborona:

Wait till you catch it
Guess you don't have access to TV to see what is going on around the world, a little research will feed your ignorance
The fact you don't know anyone who is infected doesn't mean it does not exist
Abba Kyari just died mysteriously bah, or those over 600 people that are dead in Kano within a week just died from malaria ailment
mr coborona hope this propaganda tension no kill you...and your cohort...vry soon you would thank me for this briefly
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Coborona: 11:03pm On May 09, 2020
Quietly:

mr coborona hope this propaganda tension no kill you...and your cohort...vry soon you would thank me for this briefly

I'm coming for you grin grin
Do I look like a joke to you?
Covid-19 is real
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by LanaLuxor: 12:42am On May 10, 2020
Mikkymilli:
Letter to those who don't believe there's corona virus in Nigeria :

As Christians, we were told that there is heaven and there is hell. We haven't seen the heaven or the hell but from what we were told, heaven is the better place where we'd like to go and hell is a place of torment where we won't like to go. So, we try to live a righteous life to make heaven.

Similarly, we were all told that there is corona virus. We haven't seen the corona virus, or like most LanaLuxor say, 'We haven't seen someone that knows someone that knows someone that has the virus', but from what we were told, corona virus can kill, especially those with weak immune system (Did your immune system tell you that he or she is strong?). So, we also should try to live as though the virus is real and take necessary precautions or just stay at home so we'll live to see the end of this because certainly, this one shall pass. Lastly, if not for anything else, at least consider your old mama or your old papa that you'll want to go and visit, not knowing if you have the virus or not.
Thank you and goodnight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / How Under-graduate Died During Abortion(pictured)- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.