Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 (55802 Views)

386 New COVID-19 Cases, 522 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 1 -(2175 Tested) / COVID-19: 242 New Cases Reported, 124 Discharges And 10 Deaths On May 11 / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by abbatoir(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2020
MrJaay:
Let's face it. Coronavirus is here to stay.

We will just have to learn to live with the virus, and the earlier the better.

We can't go back into a lockdown, the previous one didn't work, another one wouldn't.

Protect yourself as much as you can. If you get infected, get treatment and continue with life.

Live right too, so that if you die as a result of the virus, you atleast stand a chance to make heaven.

Peace.
Nigga.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by rebirthkennedy: 7:49am On May 09, 2020
liquid metal..lion himself..indaboski
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nuzo1(m): 7:51am On May 09, 2020
Investnow2017:
The world got a new peaks in confirmed cases today: 4 million plus and Africa records a new peaks of nearly 4 thousand cases in 24hrs!
Who else is observing? The Coronavirus pandemic has taken a turn for Africa with some 6 African countries recording new peaks in their reported confirmed cases today alone:

South Africa 660+
Ghana 900+
Benin Rep 100+
Egypt 490+
Sudan 180+
Nigeria 380+

This is happening just as it is equally ravaging South America; just as part of Europe is finding some shaky respite, although Russia and Belarus are right now in the middle of the grueling battle.

New particularly disturbing peaks today are:

Brazil 800+ deaths within 24hrs
Qatar 1,300+ confirmed cases in one day for a country of less than the population one state in Nigeria!

Please those who still doubt the presence of Covid-19 and still conduct themselves carelessly should take to heart what is happening right now in Brazil. At first, their president did everything to deny that Covid-19 is real. With over 10,000 deaths in less than 40 days he has swallowed his pride and utter foolishness. Wise ones do not need to be reduced to such a level just so that they can believe.

The raging tide had better turn away from Africa....................the raining/cold season sits well with this infectious virus.

Oga, you are wasting your time trying to educate people here.

Previously, over 40% of Nigerians believed the virus is a hoax. A propaganda to embezzle funds.

As i write, the number of those who doubt has risen to 70% in spite of the glaring fact in our faces.

The most interesting part is that those who doubt the virus in Nigeria are the most educated. I'm writing out of experience with my discussions with them.

Though they seem to have a strong point that people are not yet dropping in the streets like in Europe and Americas.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by nengibo: 7:53am On May 09, 2020
andrewtosin:
can you imagine? Do you expect more than 50% to be positive out of the tests conducted?
I don't expect that,I'm just trying to say it's not too bad, take the city of new york for example, in a sample of 985,911, 32% came out to be positive.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by ejimatic: 7:55am On May 09, 2020
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by bolaji3071(m): 7:56am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
I can't wait for us to hit 1 million infections so we can finally have sense and sit at home grin
This is what I wanted to reply you with before below
MrJaay:

We can't go back into a lockdown, the previous one didn't work, another one wouldn't.

Protect yourself as much as you can. If you get infected, get treatment and continue with life.

Live right too, so that if you die as a result of the virus, you atleast stand a chance to make heaven.

Peace.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by ejimatic: 8:02am On May 09, 2020
fergie001:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1258888258383118337?s=19

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/
. Nigeria is a covid 19 invested country... We now have geometric progression on covid19 cases.The truth is the person beside you may have covid 19
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by fergie001: 8:03am On May 09, 2020
ejimatic:
. Nigeria is a covid 19 invested country... We now have geometric progression on covid19 cases.The truth is the person beside you may have covid 19
Don't let senatordave1 hear that from you ooooo.....he has been rejoicing that his State don't have yet angry
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by TodayNAlways: 8:10am On May 09, 2020
Where do we run to now that we can see and feel it? 386 new cases in 24hrs? Jesus is the only place for refuge. Run to Him today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Xmen149(m): 8:19am On May 09, 2020
AIT1:
I'm very angry with me NCDC I swear. What is the meaning of all this number they are giving us if they can't give us the actual number of test being conducted in each state daily before getting these results. All these numbers they ditch out is not a true reflection of what is happening. Now seeing Lagos with 176 and Kano with 65, people will be tempted to say Lagos case is worse and Kano is fair which is not true. Let's assume that the 176 cases recorded for Lagos is from 1,000 tests conducted and Kano 65 cases is from 200 tests conducted, does that not imply Kano is in a more critical state looking at the ratio?

So, if they can't give us the test conducted each day before recording these numbers then should keep everything all together.

They've only conducted about 25,000 tests they should tell us if they've tested all the "Abroad Returnees" and the confirmed cases among them how many of their contacts have been tested, how many more do they need or they should let us know if the cases are full-blown already.

All these numbers are not and can never be a true reflection of the state of the pandemic in Nigeria!

you get it

I might try to understand the north a little because because the almajiris don't wear mask and they are everywhere. when they get in contact with one alhaji or big idiot from outside they can easily transmit to each other because they are always in cluster then from there to people they come in contact with by forceful touching

apart from that NCDC is not being real,.I have twice tried adding up total of active case +death+ recovered and it never gave me total of reported cases one of the data I used was from worldometer.

if they break it down you will see that those with infection are either foreigners,nigerian abroad returnees and their first contact under mimicked environment like the ones abroad.(check the few breakdown attempts Lagos has made so far and see what am talking of)

US after research is even waiting for environment like ours to slow down infection.(why did you think they said dnt use AC in ur cars and brt in Lagos ,a governor said he was inhaling steam as therapy in isolation center,why cnt they make all these therapy known to Nigerians to reduce number of people that fall sick after freshly coming in contact with the virus ). I have seen a short video of isolation center in Lagos and yes it's abroad people and Yankee that full the whole place you can even hear it from their accent (the naija there)

something is very wrong,.either from NCDC ,the government or the virus is mutating in Nigeria.

anyone that got infected in Nigeria from someone that has not been outside the country in an uncontrolled environment (low temperature,humidity etc like AC and co should come out anywhere and debunk it) even UV rays kill this thing on surfaces.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Pesuzok(m): 8:21am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Today figure go high tomorrow e go reduce,so inconsistent,so how do we plot graph with these inconsistent figures let alone determining were the the curve of the graph start flattening.
that is why they use the total number of cases to plot the graph

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Zyzxx10: 8:24am On May 09, 2020
Let's try Madagascar
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Pesuzok(m): 8:24am On May 09, 2020
AIT1:
I'm very angry with me NCDC I swear. What is the meaning of all this number they are giving us if they can't give us the actual number of test being conducted in each state daily before getting these results. All these numbers they ditch out is not a true reflection of what is happening. Now seeing Lagos with 176 and Kano with 65, people will be tempted to say Lagos case is worse and Kano is fair which is not true. Let's assume that the 176 cases recorded for Lagos is from 1,000 tests conducted and Kano 65 cases is from 200 tests conducted, does that not imply Kano is in a more critical state looking at the ratio?

So, if they can't give us the test conducted each day before recording these numbers then should keep everything all together.

They've only conducted about 25,000 tests they should tell us if they've tested all the "Abroad Returnees" and the confirmed cases among them how many of their contacts have been tested, how many more do they need or they should let us know if the cases are full-blown already.

All these numbers are not and can never be a true reflection of the state of the pandemic in Nigeria!
So just simply protect yourself and stay safe
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by SirWarlock: 8:28am On May 09, 2020
Femijohn198:
throughout this year I don't think coronavirus will disappeared,even school and church will remain closed.God of Abraham help us all.
concerning schools I can only imagine the after effects lipsrsealed but we can't afford to shut down for so long.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by SirWarlock: 8:31am On May 09, 2020
Remmythe:

The lockdown was working b4 the irresponsible nigerians forced the fg to relax it...
And besides,did you jst say we should live with the virus?well words are easier said than done
Yes. It may be hard yes but we can't shutdown till God knows when a solution would be proffered. Not everyone can be China or South Korea(even they are at risk of a resurgence)
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by SirWarlock: 8:35am On May 09, 2020
Nuzo1:

Oga, you are wasting your time trying to educate people here.

Previously, over 40% of Nigerians believed the virus is a hoax. A propaganda to embezzle funds.

As i write, the number of those who doubt has risen to 70% in spite of the glaring fact in our faces.

The most interesting part is that those who doubt the virus in Nigeria are the most educated. I'm writing out of experience with my discussions with them.

Though they seem to have a strong point that people are not yet dropping in the streets like in Europe and Americas.
And are people really dropping on the streets in Europe and America? Normal instinct for any health distress is to be admitted to a hospital unless the virus just ceases your lungs in 1 second. What i think might be responsible for the slow progress here and Africa at large might be increased incubation days for the virus. Might be false tho.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by SirWarlock: 8:36am On May 09, 2020
ejimatic:
. There is no state in Nigeria without coronavirus!
my governor said we don't have grin grin
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Nobody: 9:08am On May 09, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
Denzel washington, which of his movies was this meme taken from?
i would love to see it.
the equalizer 2
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Saintinoo(m): 9:09am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
I can't wait for us to hit 1 million infections so we can finally have sense and sit at home grin
And you think lockdown alone will work? Advice the government well, they should do the needful rather than just lockdown.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Saintinoo(m): 9:11am On May 09, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Today figure go high tomorrow e go reduce,so inconsistent,so how do we plot graph with these inconsistent figures let alone determining were the the curve of the graph start flattening.
Hahaha, plot a Cobweb graph, that is the best way to plot a graph in this case.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by TheKingIsHere: 9:14am On May 09, 2020
annsrealms:
I'm scared of the increasing death rate than the increasing number of confirmed cases. Believe it or not, this is not the actual number. There were some unrecorded death. Is it not better, we look into what Madagascar are using to have a zero death rate?

God, my country is your hands.

So you believe in God, yet you fear pass. undecided
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by onyxo76(m): 9:20am On May 09, 2020
you can do all manner of lockdown versions, radio edit remix, original version, long play, lockdown ft curfew and what have you, the numbers will just keep rising, we just have to find a way of coping with the virus, adhere to guidelines of staying safe etc.
even if palliative go round and people stay at home, they will surely finish one day, economy on standstill, government not making any revenue, soon salaries will be owed, you won't get palliatives again as govt won't be able to provide such again, then what happens? May God give us wisdom to manage this critical period.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:23am On May 09, 2020
shadeyinka:
The full to partial lockdown has started taking effect. It's getting to the runaway stage.

I wonder why only a few governors noted that the weakness of the lockdown is our security agents. If you can part with N200, you can carry anything to anywhere.

If things continue like this, by Monday Lagos will be celebrating 300 while Kano will be applauding 160 .

As it is now, let's watch and pray
Buhari said it in one of his campaign jingles in 2015. If Nigerians don't kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria. Unfortunately, he failed to fight the corruption when he came in. Only brought his own form of corruption which is nepotism and which breeds other forms of corruption!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by ejimatic: 9:23am On May 09, 2020
fergie001:

Don't let senatordave1 hear that from you ooooo.....he has been rejoicing that his State don't have yet angry
. The senator is deceiving himself. Seyi Makinde did same only to be having 38 cases later.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by ejimatic: 9:27am On May 09, 2020
SirWarlock:
my governor said we don't have grin grin
. The governor is building his castle in the air.Seyi Makinde was like him before he faced the reality....Statistics apart Kogi and Cross Rivers are covid 19 states
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Emmasnoop(m): 9:30am On May 09, 2020
AUDIO FIGURES
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by ejimatic: 9:34am On May 09, 2020
The governor is building his castle in the air.Seyi Makinde was like him before he faced the reality....Statistics apart Kogi and Cross Rivers are covid 19 states
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by khadupsie(f): 9:35am On May 09, 2020
Exactly what I have been saying o. This thing ain't going nowhere!!

MrJaay:

Peace.
Re: COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 by Emmasnoop(m): 9:40am On May 09, 2020
vanunu:

You are a big fool.
MAKE U GET SENSE OH AND OPEN YOUR EYES,OKPO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / How Under-graduate Died During Abortion(pictured)- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.