Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

The Character Of God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Character Of God! (198 Views)

May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) / How Far Supposed Pastor Can Go In Maligning Character Of Prophet Fufeyin? / Decay Of Brother Kelly: The Character That Stinks Will Eventually Sink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Character Of God! by PWGLTD(m): 3:36am On May 09, 2020
• CHRISTOCENTRIC MEAL
• DR ABEL DAMINA
• MONDAY, MAY 04, 2020

• THE CHARACTER OF GOD

Philippians 4: 6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

This implies that the personalities involve in prayer is God and man

1st Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

In the place of prayer, God does listen every time, every day.

James further explained the personality of God, knowing what he can do and what is not part of him.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

God does not tempt with evil and he does not do evil.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Rather James said earlier that God gives to all liberally, which implies that God’s character is to give. The word liberally means single mindedness, sincerity. That is, God is single minded about giving in prayer. There is a willingness to give without defamation or fault finding (upbraideth not).

His giving is not specifically on how we ask. No, it is not. His giving is based rather on his character.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

He further highlights God’s character as the One who does no evil, every good and perfect gift is from the father of light. All that the father gives is good and perfect. This is constant about God.

There is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, there is no change of personalities with God.

CONFESSION: God is my father, His character is to give liberally, without finding fault in me. Am blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Christian Unity. Some Say I'm Of Paul, While Others Say I'm Of Appolos. / 5 Ways To Get The Blessing Of Lord Hanuman / The Epistle Of Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.