Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. (1519 Views)

Which Is Wiser? Save For Your First Car Or Get A Loan. / Guys Buy Car For Their Friend After Getting Tired Of Picking Him Up With Theirs / Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by Emmyjean: 8:37am On May 09, 2020
Pls car dealers I need your advice, is this period good to buy car or after. Based on the fact that used car in USA has dropped by 10%.

1 Like

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by chatinent: 8:42am On May 09, 2020
Take my word : your money, your wish, your time.
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by gaby(m): 8:48am On May 09, 2020
Emmyjean:
Pls car dealers I need your advice, is this period good to buy car or after. Based on the fact that used car in USA has dropped by 10%.

Wait for after. Dem go dey beg people with cars trust me.
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by constant1960: 8:48am On May 09, 2020
Emmyjean:

Bro if u have enough to buy Car u have to buy it

Money at hand this period is just like air, it disappeared even before u know it

1 Like

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by dicksonadams(m): 8:51am On May 09, 2020
Due to uncertainty of when the virus will decline, I will say focus on survive for now, car and luxuries later.

But if you need to go to work in public transportation... Get a car
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by heykims(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2020
gaby:

Wait for after. Dem go dey beg people with cars trust me.
That's for Nigerian used, not Tokunbo though..
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by soloehis(m): 8:56am On May 09, 2020
The way naira is falling and duty is increasing I will advise you get it now before it's too late..the Samsung A20s I bought 52k shortly before the lock down is been sold for 72k now..wise up..but still follow ur heart

1 Like

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by heykims(m): 8:56am On May 09, 2020
dicksonadams:
Due to uncertainty of when the virus will decline, I will say focus on survive for now, car and luxuries later.

But if you need to go to work in public transportation... Get a car
Not everyone has problem with survival during this pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by dicksonadams(m): 9:00am On May 09, 2020
heykims:

Not everyone has problem with survival during this pandemic.

You have a point... OP BUY WHAT YOU WISH... SUCCESS BRO
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by skedman(m): 9:17am On May 09, 2020
This is the time the naira as limited value and it is good to save now because the virus will affect the economy for more than2 years there is inflation it will certainly spill into 2021
Please limit your spending ,save for the raining day
The salary remain the same
Transport cost as risen
Food as risen
Land Lord will increase it's rent

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by promotervickky(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2020
If you have enough buy a car!
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by Emmyjean: 12:43pm On May 09, 2020
soloehis:
The way naira is falling and duty is increasing I will advise you get it now before it's too late..the Samsung A20s I bought 52k shortly before the lock down is been sold for 72k now..wise up..but still follow ur heart
Dollar is never the issue, I don't stay in naija.
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by Fogman(m): 1:05pm On May 09, 2020
If Nigeria used, you can wait after the pandemic but if Tokunbo please buy now, vehicles will be more expensive because of exchange rate and increased custom duties
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by VaalCee(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2020
Can I see a good vehicle for 300K?
I reside in Abuja suburb.
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by Praxtech: 10:01pm On May 09, 2020
VaalCee:
Can I see a good vehicle for 300K?
I reside in Abuja suburb.
Yes you can Golf MK3

1 Like

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by BarrSly: 12:38pm On May 10, 2020
So you don’t stay in naija but you’re coming to nairaland a place for Nigerians by Nigerians and asking us question about whether to buy a car in your country of residence.

C’mon go to cedisland or cephasland and ask them that question vis-a-vis the obtainable exchange rate in your area and leave we Nigerians to focus on Buhari.

Emmyjean:

Dollar is never the issue, I don't stay in naija.

1 Like

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by soloehis(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2020
BarrSly:
abi..o

So you don’t stay in naija but you’re coming to nairaland a place for Nigerians by Nigerians and asking us question about whether to buy a car in your country of residence.

C’mon go to cedisland or cephasland and ask them that question vis-a-vis the obtainable exchange rate in your area and leave we Nigerians to focus on Buhari.

Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by AshipaEk0: 1:17pm On May 10, 2020
Demand for cars in Nigeria is inelastic.

nothing affects the pricing other than changes in customs.

if you think Corona will make the prices drop , you are deceiving yourself
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by VaalCee(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2020
Praxtech:

Yes you can Golf MK3
Cool. Will give it a consideration soon as the lockdown is over.
Re: Is This Period (corona Virus Pandemic) To Buy Car Or After It. by heykims(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2020
AshipaEk0:
Demand for cars in Nigeria is inelastic.

nothing affects the pricing other than changes in customs

if you think Corona will make the prices drop , you are deceiving yourself

Please explain more on the bolded.

(1) (Reply)

Porsche, Aston Martins, Champagne And Nigeria’s Rich / Could This Be The Cause Of Accidents These Days? / Latest Trick Between Police And Road Safety On The New Tinted Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.