Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo (5984 Views)

Igwe Anugwu Bestows Seyi Tinubu With Nwanedinamba Of Igbo Land-photo / Jaja Wachuku, The Nigerian Statesman Who Saved Nelson Mandela From Dead Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 09, 2020
Trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Asgard13: 4:25pm On May 09, 2020
profolaolu:
It is always osu, okoros and nyamiri, they don't always know their limit, that was why mere Arewa youth threatened them to leave their land then with ultimatum and their Igbo elders were begging like thieves caught stealing yam. They will not bridle their mouth and enjoy the opportunity are getting.

Yerima is asking after osibanjo and the whole Yoruba nation went mute..
Online and offline

Tell Tinubu to visit asorock first grin

Bayerebe’s... see their brains and senses grin

And for his mind .. he don comment with his fellow Bayerebe loving the post

And you tell me Bayerebe no be .....

Hausa Fulani too wise

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by PDJT: 4:31pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

Another deep ignorance

So know sarkin hausawa in Lagos?

Know sarkin Hausa in onitsha?

Know oba Yoruba in kano?

I used to assume you had atleast a good Secondary Education, it looks like I was wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2020
PDJT:

I used to assume you had atleast a good Secondary Education, it looks like I was wrong.

Anuooooooooooofiaaaaassss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by TheChameleon: 4:36pm On May 09, 2020
Dedetwo:

It is very unfortunate you knew very little about the history of Lagos. Sometimes I become very flabbergasted as certain loudmouths talk about Lagos as Yari.ba forgetting there was time Yari.ba was not mentioned in the same sentence with Lagos.

Yeah, blah, blah, blah.. the past is the past.

The "YARIBAs" have now colonised the place.

You are now free to commit suicide if it's that painful.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by PDJT: 4:38pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

Anuooooooooooofiaaaaassss

Sometimes you come across as reasonable, other times you behave like a typical unstable Nigerian. Are you bi-polar?

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

There, in one of his lectures, Wachuku provoked national controversy when he declared Lagos a "no-man's land" – meaning that it was an all-Nigerian city – wherein all Nigerians were entitled to equal rights. Among other responsibilities, Jaja Wachuku was Principal Secretary of the Igbo State Union from 1948 to 1952.

Did you know that during the 1963 Inaugural Conference of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) in Addis Ababa, Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia (1892-1975), literally dropped to his knees and begged Nigeria's Prime Minister The Honourable Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1912-1966) to plead with his Foreign Minister, first indigenous Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives, former Minister of Aviation and Ugo Ngwa [Eagle and Pride of the Ngwa people], Jaja Anucha Wachuku (1918-1996), to accede to the request of Nicolas Grunitzky (1913-1969), Togolese military President from 1963 to 1967, who overthrew and assassinated

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/117885/everydog-has-his-day.html

Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:
The truth still remains, Lagos is no man's Land.
You won enter express abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:24pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

Another deep ignorance

So knowNo sarkin hausawa in Lagos?

Know No sarkin Hausa in onitsha?

Know No oba Yoruba in kano?
Don't disgrace Awo free education cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes, igbo language is the prominent language in Lagos.

Even, it should be added to the 5 erosion states.

Abule Egba means wealth in igbo
Ikorodu means my joy has come in igbo
Oba / elegushi / they mean Choosen in igbo
You no dey aiit.

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by leokid866: 5:39pm On May 09, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Haile selaise kneeling for who ? Yiu dey craze.

That's Elizabeth and her husband . Oya show me the Nigerian alive or dead she bowed to.

You Kids just come online and talk rubbush
Was just about to post this, a man who had so much pride he had the Queen of England bow to him is now the one that will go on his knees to beg a Nigerian......bunch of dumb asses

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by dnawah(m): 6:23pm On May 09, 2020
Franzinni:
I knew he will look like AMU-EBA..

If you dear mention me ehn ....
bring ur picture let compare

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Golan007: 6:31pm On May 09, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Haile selaise kneeling for who ? Yiu dey craze.

That's Elizabeth and her husband . Oya show me the Nigerian alive or dead she bowed to.

You Kids just come online and talk rubbush

Much as I would have wanted this photo to be that of the queen, it really isn't.

Queen Elizabeth's first visit to Ethiopia was in 1965 whilst this photo was taken at Haile Selassie’s silver jubilee party celebrating the first 25 years of emperor’s reign.

2 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2020
Golan007:

Much as I would have wanted this photo to be that of the queen, it really isn't.

Queen Elizabeth's first visit to Ethiopia was in 1965 whilst this photo was taken at Haile Selassie’s silver jubilee party celebrating the first 25 years of emperor’s reign.

Tell him

He thought we are novice or online miscreants here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by AhoadaRivers: 7:45pm On May 09, 2020
Lagos was capital from 1914 to 1991, that's 77 years of swallowing the lion share of other regions resources such as groundnut, palm oil, crude oil.

Infact it swallowed the lion share of crude oil from other people's land for more than 30 years as capital city.
This development attract other Nigerians, today yorubas are claiming they singlehandedly developed lagos which is a big lie.

Lagos is no-man's land, other tribe's resources were used to build and develop it for 77 years.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Franzinni: 7:57pm On May 09, 2020
dnawah:
bring ur picture let compare
even you self bring your pishure let's compare

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by starpower(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:
. Not fair to say that more an egalitarian society and friendly indigenous communities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by simplycarro: 8:11pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:

There's already Eze Ndi-Igbo in Lagos.

Coronated by his people, unknown to the laws of Lagos grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by effty(m): 9:15pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:

Your ignorance is top notch that you used 'Know' thrice.
He is like that. Don't you know the idiot is barely literate like Buhari?
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 09, 2020
Franzinni:
I knew he will look like AMU-EBA..

If you dear mention me ehn ....
He's finer than you
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Dedetwo(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2020
TheChameleon:

Yeah, blah, blah, blah.. the past is the past.

The "YARIBAs" have now colonised the place.

You are now free to commit suicide if it's that painful.

The moniker has a huge point on your stream of thought.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Omoodua007: 10:05pm On May 09, 2020
Balogunodua:

Only Igbo answer to Yerima not Yoruba.

Same Yerima gave you people quit notice to leave the North you people started shaking even you leaders ran to their Hausafulani masters licking their ass and begging Arewa youth to let them stay, the Igbos in the North quickly change their names to.... grin

Looool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Dedetwo(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:

He/she is neither the first nor the last to disgrace Awo's free education stunt.

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by DEROX: 10:13pm On May 09, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Even so.e of your bloody flat headed fathers benefitted from the free education that your people were so dumb to create

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by chubinwa(m): 10:18pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:

Your ignorance is top notch that you used 'Know' thrice.
That chap goofed big time. he just ruined his academic reputation
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by gosmoney(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:
go and say day in obalende geto
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Yobabad: 10:50pm On May 09, 2020
wizzyrich:
Nice one Sarrki, I'm not a fan but I must commend you. You've been creating nice threads lately.
that was after I called his bluff, but still he have learn more lessons
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by TheSourcerer: 1:40am On May 10, 2020
MrFourSHIRTS:

I call it land grabbing angry
ball grabbing
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Franzinni: 11:30am On May 10, 2020
Pa3cia:

He's finer than you
how do you know young woman! Have you seen me before ? Take time o no make me provoke !

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 11:53am On May 10, 2020
Franzinni:
how do you know young woman! Have you seen me before ? Take time o no make me provoke !

Hahahaha
Uncle please provoke ooo ��
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by MetaPhysical: 12:22pm On May 10, 2020
Nwachukwu was the secretary of Igbo Union but then claimed Lagos is no man's land. He said it belonged to all Nigerians. grin

Lagos is what has kept Ibo imprisoned in Nigeria. They want to break out....but their attachment to Lagos is too strong for them to break free. In fact, their attachment to Lagos is at the root of why they are deficient in development back home.

Nwachukwu did not care about history of Lagos, he was enamored with the beauty and development of the city and he wanted ownership of it, by fire by force.

As much Ibos, over the ages, have cried about Lagos is no mans land, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ibo coup did not have ownership of Lagos as a contention. These people will kill to own it. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frank Talk About Race And Racism / This Picture Of Buhari And His Wife Has Really Made My Day. / I Was Crying For The Igbos Until I Saw The Shiites; Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.