Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo (5982 Views)

Igwe Anugwu Bestows Seyi Tinubu With Nwanedinamba Of Igbo Land-photo / Jaja Wachuku, The Nigerian Statesman Who Saved Nelson Mandela From Dead Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by MetaPhysical: 12:26pm On May 10, 2020
AhoadaRivers:
Lagos was capital from 1914 to 1991, that's 77 years of swallowing the lion share of other regions resources such as groundnut, palm oil, crude oil.

Infact it swallowed the lion share of crude oil from other people's land for more than 30 years as capital city.
This development attract other Nigerians, today yorubas are claiming they singlehandedly developed lagos which is a big lie.

Lagos is no-man's land, other tribe's resources were used to build and develop it for 77 years.

Yoruba produced palm oil and crude oil...plus cocoa, the most expensive export commodity. If you want to talk about money input Yoruba share of the earnings in 1 year outpaces what Ibos produced in 10yrs.

3 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Odingo1: 12:33pm On May 10, 2020
Lagos remains no man land, lagos was captured from Binis by the British and British sand filled the lagos we know today built it and transfer it to Nigeria as its capital, Nigeria develop lagos with Niger Delta oil money from where the white people stopped.

Even Awolowo recognized that and said that if the SW become independent that the status of lagos will determined by different countries that emerge out of Nigeria.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by MetaPhysical: 12:36pm On May 10, 2020
Odingo1:
Lagos remains no man land, lagos was captured from Binis by the British and British sand filled the lagos we know today built it and transfer it to Nigeria as its capital, Nigeria develop lagos with Niger Delta oil money from where the white people stopped.

Even Awolowo recognized that and said that if the SW become independent that the status of lagos will determined by different countries that emerge out of Nigeria.

So why then do you cry of marginalization in a no man's land? Who is marginalizing you in a land owned by nobody? grin

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by effty(m): 12:40pm On May 10, 2020
Sarrki, from the way you make your sentences, I doubt if you had a complete primary school education. Guess you are in the same shoes with Buhari.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 12:43pm On May 10, 2020
effty:
Sarrki, from the way you make your sentences, I doubt if you had a complete primary school education. Guess you are in the same shoes with Buhari.

Shut up

You brag too much in your slave master language
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by valirex: 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
Franzinni:
I knew he will look like AMU-EBA..

If you dear mention me ehn ....

grin grin lol in other words he's ugly as Bleep grin
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by effty(m): 1:11pm On May 10, 2020
sarrki:

Shut up

You brag too much in your slave master language

You had better type in you dialect.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2020
effty:

You had better type in you dialect.

Anuoooooooofua
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Franzinni: 2:47pm On May 10, 2020
Pa3cia:

Hahahaha
Uncle please provoke ooo ��

beg me with respect ...then i will consider if i will consider to provoke or not...

oya fast fast
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by effty(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2020
sarrki:

Anuoooooooofua
Go and call the elders in your home that.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by effty(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2020
sarrki:

Another deep ignorance

So know sarkin hausawa in Lagos?

Know sarkin Hausa in onitsha?

Know oba Yoruba in kano?

Your comment here shows the level of your education.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 10, 2020
Franzinni:

beg me with respect ...then i will consider if i will consider to provoke or not...

oya fast fast
Lmao
Can't stop laughing
Coming back to beg with respect, wait for it Uncle.
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Franzinni: 9:54pm On May 10, 2020
Pa3cia:

Lmao
Can't stop laughing
Coming back to beg with respect, wait for it Uncle.

OK I am waiting ... but I have village meeting to go by 10 you know I am the head so do quick and come back ...

and bring plenty respect when you are coming biko...

ripe ripe ones oh... good girl!!

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 11, 2020
Franzinni:

OK I am waiting ... but I have village meeting to go by 10 you know I am the head so do quick and come back ...

and bring plenty respect when you are coming biko...

ripe ripe ones oh... good girl!!
Lol
So funny
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by XAUBulls: 2:08am On Mar 30, 2023
sarrki:

There, in one of his lectures, Wachuku provoked national controversy when he declared Lagos a "no-man's land" – meaning that it was an all-Nigerian city – wherein all Nigerians were entitled to equal rights. Among other responsibilities, Jaja Wachuku was Principal Secretary of the Igbo State Union from 1948 to 1952.

Did you know that during the 1963 Inaugural Conference of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) in Addis Ababa, Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia (1892-1975), literally dropped to his knees and begged Nigeria's Prime Minister The Honourable Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1912-1966) to plead with his Foreign Minister, first indigenous Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives, former Minister of Aviation and Ugo Ngwa [Eagle and Pride of the Ngwa people], Jaja Anucha Wachuku (1918-1996), to accede to the request of Nicolas Grunitzky (1913-1969), Togolese military President from 1963 to 1967, who overthrew and assassinated

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/117885/everydog-has-his-day.html

Jaja Wachucku was the first person to refer to Lagos as a “no-man’s land” in 1947, provoking a national controversy. He was a favoured lecturer at the Glover Memorial Hall, Lagos.

There, in one of his lectures, Wachuku provoked national controversy when he declared Lagos a “no-man’s land” – meaning that it was an all-Nigerian city – wherein all Nigerians were entitled to equal rights.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaja_Wachuku)
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by AmotekunSW: 2:30am On Mar 30, 2023
The descendants of this fool were taught the lessons of their lives on the 18th of February.

They have stopped calling Lagos no man's land.
They have stopped segregating Yoruba Muslims.

Yorubas dealt with them like errant kids.

2 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by XAUBulls: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
sarrki:

There, in one of his lectures, Wachuku provoked national controversy when he declared Lagos a "no-man's land" – meaning that it was an all-Nigerian city – wherein all Nigerians were entitled to equal rights. Among other responsibilities, Jaja Wachuku was Principal Secretary of the Igbo State Union from 1948 to 1952.

Did you know that during the 1963 Inaugural Conference of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) in Addis Ababa, Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia (1892-1975), literally dropped to his knees and begged Nigeria's Prime Minister The Honourable Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1912-1966) to plead with his Foreign Minister, first indigenous Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives, former Minister of Aviation and Ugo Ngwa [Eagle and Pride of the Ngwa people], Jaja Anucha Wachuku (1918-1996), to accede to the request of Nicolas Grunitzky (1913-1969), Togolese military President from 1963 to 1967, who overthrew and assassinated

The dude made that infamous speech in the year of his return from Ireland in 1947 at Glover Memorial Hall, Lagos Island.

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by OfficialAPCNig: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2023
AmotekunSW:
The descendants of this fool were taught the lessons of their lives on the 18th of February.

They have stopped calling Lagos no man's land.
They have stopped segregating Yoruba Muslims.

Yorubas dealt with them like errant kids.
Yorubas always beating empty chest.

You taught who a lesson? So, voting against a true Lagosians for someone from Ogun is teaching Igbos a lesson?

Some of you people are fools.

Go and ask your Northerner slave masters what Ndi Igbo did to them after the Sharia crisis that made them never to touch Igbos in the North again.

Relax, we never remember una.

Small Northerners dey show una shege for Lagos na Igbos with millions of families in Lagoa una want to flex muscles with? Dey play.

We never remember una

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi Honours Outstanding Youths In Ekiti, Awards Prizes For Essay Competition / PDP Wins All Seats In Taraba LG Poll / Obasanjo’s Wife, Major Moji Adekunle Obasanjo, Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.