Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari (31167 Views)

Bauchi: Illegal Abortions Responsible For Mysterious Deaths In Azare / COVID-19: 100 People Die In Azare, Bauchi Within 7 Days / China Reports Outbreak Of H5N1 Bird Flu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Islie: 5:27pm On May 09, 2020
Ibrahim Baba, a former member of the house of representatives from Bauchi, has written a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari over the “massive outbreak of coronavirus” in Azare, a town in the state.

In the letter dated May 8, 2020, Baba said Azare has recorded over 100 COVID-19 deaths in the last one week.

He said this has resulted in panic and confusion among residents, appealing to the president to direct the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to visit the town.

Baba said the proximity of Azare to Kano and Jigawa could be responsible for the rise in COVID-19 cases there.

Both states have high cases of COVID-19, with Kano recording the second highest number of infections in the country.

“Your Excellency, Sir, I write to draw your kind attention to the massive outbreak of coronavirus in Azare town and environs in Bauchi State, which has already resulted in over 100 in the last one week, and this has thrown the entire area into great mourning, panic and confusion,” he wrote.

“The centrality and proximity of Azare to Bauchi, Kano and some major cities of Jigawa states make the town’s large population susceptible to the virus due to the already existing large cases of the disease in those areas.

“And because media coverage is always largely skewed toward states capital and other more prominent cities, the ongoing horrific situation in Azare has not gotten the attention it deserves, and that’s why I want to use this privilege to appeal to you for urgent action to arrest the unpalatable situations.

“Consequently therefore, I wish to appeal to your Excellency to direct the National Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) and the presidential Task force on COVID-19 to urgently reach out to Azare town with all the necessary facilities and palliatives to assist the communities there.”

He also appealed to the president to allow a facility the Central Bank of Nigeria built at a Federal Medical Centre in the town to be used for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.

“And to help in this expected effort, may I draw your attention to the fact that at the Opthamology unit and laboratory have already been built and equipped by the Central Bank of Nigeria at the Azare Federal Medical Centre Since 2013 but have not been commissioned and put to use up till now,” he said.

“This facility can be repurposed to a COVID-19 test and treatment center provided the right equipment are added, including ventilators.
“As a matter of life death, I have the utmost trust in your sense of patriotism and commitment to the well-being of Nigerians that you will assist the beleaguered people of Azare town and environs to overcome this harrowing situation. And while I look forward to your kind response, please, accept the assurance of my high esteem and loyalty.”

Dahiru Saleh, the judge who annulled the June 12, 1993 election, died in Azare earlier in the week.

https://www.thecable.ng/theres-a-massive-outbreak-of-covid-19-in-bauchi-town-ex-rep-writes-buhari

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by northvietnam(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2020
IPOB propaganda machines at work ... there’s no outbreak anywhere in our state . Please gentle men and ladies , do disregard this fake news from the Enemies of the North/Nigeria

God bless Bauchi state
God bless Northern Nigeria
God bless Mohamed Buhari (OUR DARLING DADDY)
God bless Federal republic of Nigeria...

God bless all of us @ (Dealers of Dead meat and Cadavers of all kinds)

We Rise

God bless

120 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by dukeprince50: 5:59pm On May 09, 2020
Bauchi no get governor ni, weh him deh write letter give PMB
covid19 has become a recipe for politics in Nigeria.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by RapistOnBail: 5:59pm On May 09, 2020
I understand they've got plans to lay off workers as well as cut down salaries.

I understand the Northern governors and elders are after the billions to be shared as relief funds. BS!

I understand Covid 19 is a Common flu.

I understand some majority of Nigerians are frustrated with life and see Covid 19 as gate way ticket to a imaginary paradise. BS!

What I don't understand is WTF would I be asked not to go Fvck? That's depriving me of my fundamental human right of movement.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Houston17(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2020
Hmmm.

This is getting serious by the day.

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by gbebodye(f): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by delerx(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
Their problem

1 Like

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by marvin906(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
this shi.t is becoming annoying

9 Likes

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by xrayj(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
Nonsense people!
Always taking the nation backward!
How can a state governor allow public worship after contracting the virus?? Now they are crying massive outbreak...

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by maberry(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
As I expected, the north would be worst hit by this pandemic
All I know is that they should remain in their states and stop hiding in cattle trucks sneaking into the south

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by karnafiu03(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
Politicians have seen this pandemic as the best means of EMBEZZLEMENT

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by princeade86(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
The truth.
Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Depot(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
Na lie oga, na billions dey hungry you

8 Likes

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Finnese001: 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by VillageHead: 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
little wonder some of the northerners keep trying to sneak into other states by all means

truly, Shehu Sani was right when he enthused that no state is safe if covid-19 remains in Kano state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Hoephase: 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
Someone said their problem truth be told it is our problem as a nation.

They had better get it under control if not most cases will find their way to other part of the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Calabar1stSon: 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
This one the write the two crase people wey dey for presidential quarantine
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 09, 2020
Tooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Farki: 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
A fire was busy growing on the mountain and we didn't stop it. It might be a long time before things return to normal.
Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by olaric(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
If only he is as swift as using his political office in providing necessary medical equipment for his people as he is in writing this letter to Buhari maybe things wouldn't have turned this bad.

All of them turning to Buhari for help and support as if Buhari himself can rescue himself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by PremzY002(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by wonuks(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
Our greedy nature won't let people know that is true or false in this country. Chai... Naija which way

1 Like

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Zico5(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
This Rep is just wasting his time. We have no government in this country currently. Buhari does not understand what's going on around him not to talk of piloting the affairs of this complex nation. Even Tinubu has woken up to reality and that's why the nation newspaper is digging deep into the government affairs these days. Nigerians need to brace up, I pray we don't experience the worst with the current situation.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by modaink333: 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
Nsogbu di o
Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by amaniro: 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
The major cause is illiteracy. After this pandemic ends my Arewa brothers hold your leaders on the neck for not giving you proper education, northern elites are very useless who use religion as a blackmail to exploit the people, and the people keep dancing to their tune

"Allahu Akbar"

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by mortunde(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
I hope this won't result to something else especially in the north. Because of their illiteracy. God help us ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Ogbaruoigwe1(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
Social distancing is Paramount in a time like this
Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by ogascomax: 6:02pm On May 09, 2020
Still trying to know how it all began suddenly in the north because northerners are not known for travelling, where all these Covid-19 stuff all started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by gbebodye(f): 6:02pm On May 09, 2020
lift lockdown, lift lockdown angry
now that they have open outside again you see the result

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Easykel21(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2020
How is he sure that they are covid related deaths, is he the one that conducted the test...
Better wait for NCDC to affirm that...

1 Like

Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by Oladayo12(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2020
Houston17:
Hmmm.
This is getting serious by the day.
God help us
Amen o, God is our last hope
Re: Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari by joshcaleb: 6:02pm On May 09, 2020
Stay at home till help arrives ...
Life is too precious to be wasted .

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biography Of Dr Onyema Ogbuagu: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Researcher / Thread For Weed Smokers. / Two Months After Fire Incident, Deaf Couple Yet To Get Medical Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.