Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? (19019 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / 3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / TB Joshua: I Belong To ALL Political Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by Corrections: 3:26am On Oct 05, 2022
Although established that food is an important substance any human would need in the course of his / her journey on Earth , yet it's not the major reason for our existence. While some Live To Eat others Eat To Live.

Therefore, it is important to know the difference between " to live to eat and eat to live . "'

Proverbs 13: 25

The good man eats to live while the evil man lives to eat.

To eat to live, is to live to fulfill the purpose of God ( which is good and not evil ) towards you on Earth. The food here serves as energy to run the race day by day fulfilling God's purpose for your live. Take for example, Elijah was given food by God so that he could travel to receive messages from God.

1king 19: 5-9

5 Then he lay down under the bush and fell asleep.All at once an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” 6 He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again.

7 The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey ( a journey of purpose that brought Elisha to replace Elijah and installed a new king ) is too much for you.” 8 So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God. In summary we can say here that Elijah ate to live for God's interest alone ( not Satan's interest )

To Eat to Live is to live to eat away your live without discharging God's purpose ( which is good and not evil ) while on Earth. If you are not discharging the purpose of God for your life, definitely you must have been discharging ( the opposite ) the purpose of satan Jesus said....

Matthew 4:4

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Jesus said live not on bread alone, but on God's word ( instructions/ direction ). Here Jesus didn't say we should live on Satan's word.

To live to eat here means the person involved is using the food he/she eats to do evil on a day by day bases in the course of his or her journey on Earth.

Proverbs 4:17

17 They eat the food of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.

The purpose of God for us is to EAT TO LIVE (to fulfill God's purpose not Satan's purpose on Earth ). May we not come to this world in vain LIVING TO EAT ALONE . Amen!

HOW TO CONNECT TO GOD

ACCEPT, BELIEVE AND FOLLOW JESUS.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

John14:1
Let not your heart be troubled. You are trust in God now trust in me ( JESUS ).

John15:23
Anyone that is hating me ( JESUS )
is hating the father (GOD)

Colossian 2: 10
So you have everything when you have christ and you are filled with GOD through your union with CHRIST. He is the highest RULER, with authority over every other power

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by orisa37: 8:08am On Oct 09, 2022
BIBLE IS BREAD!!!
CARRY ON EATING!!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by Corrections: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2022
Happy Sunday.
Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by Corrections: 6:04am On Nov 17, 2022
@ Aceed, Phemmyfour and others.

The Living Bible..... Proverbs 13:25

The good man eats to live, while the evil man lives to eat.

Proverbs 13:25, NIV: The righteous eat to their hearts' content, but the stomach of the wicked goes hungry.
........ MEANING the food the righteous eats is meant for the righteous to do good righteous things ( or is the food the righteous eat meant for the righteous to do evil? ) but the same can not be said for the wicked. Does the food the wicked eats used for righteous things? NO!!

The same can be said for a wicked person that comes to this world to satisfy himself alone with food without serving the God that sent him ( instead doing evil ). God sees such fellow as wicked. Therefore, the wicked will always be hungry because he lacks the food that would make him do righteous thing (good things )

Thanks
May Good give us understanding.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by BigDawsNet: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
eat to live, don't live to eat,” meaning that we should eat with function and purpose in mind, not with enthusiasm and anticipation of flavors and textures that we enjoy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by sukkot: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
cheesy
Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
I made a thread on this. I was wishing Mynd44 will push it to FP

I only eat to survive. Infact I no even like food. See the thread link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7408236/problem-see-inside

Seriously I don't like or fancy food. I lack appetite. I only eat to survive when I feel weak, sometimes I go 2days without eating anything.
Most times ladies living around me know I don't have cooking stuff and they hardly see me buy food home, Some give me food but I end up hiding to give the dog in our compound. The dog usually comes to my window expecting food. One day even one of the ladies caught me giving the food she gave me to the dog...She hates me for that till today even as I've apologized

Any idea what's wrong with me? But I drink alot of liquid...mostly alcohol and water

3 Likes

Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by beautyhd: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
It’s eat to live

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? by JOACHINpedro: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
I'm a foodie sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Worship The Nigerian God / Christians Protest In Benue Over The Killings Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen / Maurice Ampaw: Screaming God's Name During Sex Will Grant You Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.