Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) (4871 Views)

Soldier Beats A Lady At An ATM Stand In Lagos This Morning (video) / Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Scientists(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2020

This woman rushed to me pretending that time is running against her and i should please transfer money into her account so that she will give me the money on hand. Instead of her wasting time inside bank.

Due to good heart, I agreed. She told me immediately the money enters her account, she will give me cash. I never minded because she looked real stressed. I transferred the money using USSD to her, to my amazement she changed tone and then said let her call the receiver to be sure that the money has entered before she will give me cash.

She started calling the said receiver, i stayed over 30 minutes on ATM line b4 my turn. She was still calling and no one picked. I knew something was wrong and fishy but i just don't want to believe due to 18k is not a change.

After withdrawing, i sat and waited for her without speaking much. She kept running round and round. I told her to give me my money that am not interested in any story. She asked me to show me the alert. I showed her, then she told me that the account number she saw on the alert is not the one she gave me. I paused and asked how, she said that the transaction description supposed to show the Acc number. I called security immediately, we started dragging. Everyone stood against her towards the alert then went back and she started insisting that the receiver must confirm. There, it went back to only me and her again.

We stayed for like 3hrs arguing and calling the recipient( which i know will be her 2nd line she left at home).

At last, I contacted one of my Soldier friend staying at Arriaria Junction. Few minutes later, she gave me the money and played victim card in the eyes of passers-bys that does not know what is going on.

Sorry if i board you with long story. Just Be very careful when you are helping. If not for that military guy, i would have lost.

She was wasting my time so as night will draw near then me because of the money I withdrew, will the leave that one for her in fear of Armed robbers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Ezennwa(m): 5:43pm On May 10, 2020
hmm!

Nigerian women are something else.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Prodigee: 5:43pm On May 10, 2020
It is well
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Bilabong(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2020
grin
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Scientists(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!
Nigerian women are something else.
Elderly woman. Old enough to be my mum
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Garrieveryday: 5:48pm On May 10, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by 2special(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2020
This format is old
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Cuddlebugie(f): 5:50pm On May 10, 2020
I came here for the picture. Where's it?
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by MoneyMindset(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2020
Formats full o
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Authoreety: 5:58pm On May 10, 2020
Where the photo na?
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by igbarasdynasty: 6:10pm On May 10, 2020
Where're the pictures you claimed to have attached na..? Or you too na scam

4 Likes

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Righteousness89(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2020
Some Humans are really Mean
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by slyfox35(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2020
Where d pictures Na,this kind situation,you suppose even video.?My guy,he that lieth will go to Lala's table for flogging
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by irunoko(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Reform9ja: 6:53pm On May 10, 2020
ATM is the center of all scam and fraud

Nobody is more wiser than someone who minds his/her business there.

No need to even know their format just mind your business. Anybody near you too close tell am make he shift

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Scientists(m): 7:28pm On May 10, 2020
Reform9ja:
ATM is the center of all scam and fraud

Nobody is more wiser than someone who minds his/her business there.

No need to even know their format just mind your business. Anybody near you too close tell am make he shift

My brother eeh. She go to one guy like that, the guy pointed her to me that I may know how to do it.

Maybe, both of them are partners
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Elton02(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2020
He thought clearence took the photo
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by yuswrld20(m): 10:37pm On May 10, 2020
weird things abound in dis country
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by StrikeBack(m): 10:46pm On May 10, 2020
Old scam
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Reform9ja: 12:09am On May 11, 2020
Scientists:

My brother eeh. She go to one guy like that, the guy pointed her to me that I may know how to do it.

Maybe, both of them are partners

They are partners. I have experience something similar. I was in a queue waiting to withdraw from an ATM one day when one guy walk up to me an started asking me if I knew where a certain herbalist lived. I reply him No. He then asked me to ask people around the ATM, that he is from Bayelsa(this happen in Delta) and want to sell log to the herbalist.
I told him he can asked them himself. All of a sudden one guy just came from no where and said he knew where the herbalist lives. The guy said he could take us there. I was still saying I'm not looking for any herbalist, when the intruder kept on talking. He asked the guy from bayelsa why he want to see the herbalist.
That guy reply that he wanted to sell log of wood to the herbalist. The intruder was like "you don't mean it, that wood go reach #800,000. How much you go give me and this my guy(refering to me). "The Bayelsa guy reply #45,000. Everything was happening so quickly. I kept saying I was not interested, but the two of them kept on begging me to follow them until I stopped answering them.
Las las Intruder wey dey line for ATM nor withdraw money before he comot dere.
Bayelsa guy I nor even no how he tey disappear comot the scene.

419 still dey exist many focus on online scammers dor make some people forget about 419.
Stay Sharp.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by TheSourcerer: 12:47am On May 11, 2020
Reform9ja:

They are partners. I have experience something similar. I was in a queue waiting to withdraw from an ATM one day when one guy walk up to me an started asking me if I knew where a certain herbalist lived. I reply him No. He then asked me to ask people around the ATM, that he is from Bayelsa(this happen in Delta) and want to sell log to the herbalist.
I told him he can asked them himself. All of a sudden one guy just came from no where and said he knew where the herbalist lives. The guy said he could take us there. I was still saying I'm not looking for any herbalist, when the intruder kept on talking. He asked the guy from bayelsa why he want to see the herbalist.
That guy reply that he wanted to sell log of wood to the herbalist. The intruder was like "you don't mean it, that wood go reach #800,000. How much you go give me and this my guy(refering to me). "The Bayelsa guy reply #45,000. Everything was happening so quickly. I kept saying I was not interested, but the two of them kept on begging me to follow them until I stopped answering them.

419 still dey exist many focus on online scammers dor make some people forget about 419.
Stay Sharp.
dis one strong o
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Openbusiness: 5:59am On May 11, 2020
How to make it in Life -- Tell a woman NO ! Dazzall grin imagine if Adam told eve NO! Me, I go let you talk n talk finish, I go tell d woman NO grin if she like ma she rush pass russia, na er wahala be dat. No be only transfer, na relegation to division 2 grin

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Scientists(m): 6:33am On May 11, 2020
Reform9ja:

Stay Sharp.

They would have robbed you or kidnapped you.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by YoungLionken(m): 6:40am On May 11, 2020
Reform9ja:

Stay Sharp.

You shoulda raised an alarm, you were lucky they didn't hypnotized you with their charms. Somebody had a similar experience that didn't went down well...

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by seanwilliam(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2020
Reform9ja:

Stay Sharp.
bro, na because you no get long throats na him help u there.. if na me,I go shout for them to attract attentions
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by 9jaBloke: 8:03am On May 11, 2020
Me I no de use my real face go withdraw money. Scammers no fit approach me for ATM queue, I de mean die.

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by PlaysNigeria: 8:24am On May 11, 2020
Nigerian Women are specialized in Con Artistry
Anything for money!sad
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by kingthreat(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2020
No picture? You are just like the woman, a fellow scammer
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by Scientists(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2020
kingthreat:
No picture? You are just like the woman, a fellow scammer

Picture of what exactly? If you, mynd44, lalasticlala and Seun like, make una dey there the think that am lying. Until you fall victim of these rogues. Yours may not be at ATM but at Bus station and she will beg you to transfer that she is stuck. Then you may have compassion and fall for them.
Re: My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) by kingthreat(m): 9:13am On May 11, 2020
Scientists:

Picture of what exactly? If you, mynd44, lalasticlala and Seun like, make una dey there the think that am lying. Until you fall victim of these rogues. Yours may not be at ATM but at Bus station and she will beg you to transfer that she is stuck. Then you may have compassion and fall for them.

Oga you put that the topic has an image. At the end no image. Isn't that deceit?
By the way that trick is an old one. If na me she jam, i go talk say the cash must dey my hand first before transfer. And if your story is true, you should have involved some level of craze like seizing her bag or something. They go know say you be bad market.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Luxurious Lifestyle Of Otunba Cash Before He Was Arrested In Turkey / North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea / My Mother Irons My Breast everyday to protect me - Mirabel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.