Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? (332 Views)

Please, How Do U Understand This Verse / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Obrigado Song (lyrics) By Solly Mahlangu (with English Translation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by Ubongdemaga: 10:19pm On May 10, 2020
I hate reading KJV, it gives me headache. Imagine speaking the same way that bible was translated , who will understand u? My best translation is , EASY TO READ BIBLE translation. I recommend it to anybody any time anyday.
Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by spartan117(m): 10:24pm On May 10, 2020
I don't have a favorite translation. I have many translations which I compare when I'm studying the word in order to get a better understanding.

I sometimes use the original Greek Bible to find out the real meaning of some words used in certain context. This is because I've come to find out that English is limited and may not be able to capture the ideal translation of a word in certain scenarios.

2 Likes

Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by opera1(m): 10:28pm On May 10, 2020
KJV
Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by Ubongdemaga: 10:39pm On May 10, 2020
spartan117:
I don't have a favorite translation. I have many translations which I compare when I'm studying the word in order to get a better understanding.

I sometimes use the original Greek Bible to find out the real meaning of some words used in certain context. This is because I've come to find out that English is limited and may not be able to capture the ideal translation of a word in certain scenarios.
do u speak Greek? How do u understand the original translation
Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by spartan117(m): 10:49pm On May 10, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
do u speak Greek? How do u understand the original translation
Lol I don't understand Greek, but I have a bible app that when I click on any word in any verse of the Bible, it shows me the root Greek word used in that particular verse as well as the meaning of that particular word.

It's a very useful tool for studying the Bible. Take for example the word love: this word was used many times in the Bible, but if you check the Greek translation, you will find words like Philio, agappe amongst others that were translated as 'love' even though these words have different meanings.

Knowing the meaning of the original Greek word used in such a scenario is very helpful.
Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by budaatum: 3:14pm On May 11, 2020
KJV is my favourite. Least its the one I first read and it stayed with me. For study I used a 4 parallel one (KJV, NIV, Amplified and one other).

I'm listening to this version now though, and feel certain nuances are lost while some are implied.

Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by Janosky: 12:21am On May 12, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
I hate reading KJV, it gives me headache. Imagine speaking the same way that bible was translated , who will understand u? My best translation is , EASY TO READ BIBLE translation. I recommend it to anybody any time anyday.
The NWT- new world Translation of the holy Scriptures is very easy to read Bible and will clearly understand what you are read/study.

Give it a try and you're be glad you did. It's accessible online

1 Like

Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On May 19, 2020
Ubongdemaga:

Anyone who hates reading shakespear in the original language, and everyone unwilling to also pick up and read a copy of King James book called Demonologie, should not pick up or read from a King James version Bible.

I would recomment the Easy-to-Read translation of the Bible to anyone really interested in reading to know what is written as he/she would any other subject. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by shokoman22: 12:00am On May 29, 2020
I don’t even know, I perceive all translations equally well.
Re: Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:15am On May 29, 2020
[quote author=spartan117 post=89411160]I don't have a favorite translation. I have many translations which I compare when I'm studying the word in order to get a better understanding.

You nailed it, brother

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Unveils COVID-19 Prevention Oil, And It Goes For $100 / I Have Accepted Jesus", Pastor Ephraim Ononye Converts A Native Doctor To Chris / Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.