Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,787 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists (29817 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market / Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention / Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by cmoney22222: 6:17pm On May 12, 2020
To which bank? Afri card?
jojofola:

No.
We can only send with our Nigerian paypal.
We can't receive.

But folks dey use US, Lesotho paypal to receive funds sha.

And the rate is around #450/$ at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Jeferious: 6:17pm On May 12, 2020
fid4fid:

Another problem be say, in the short to medium term, customers will be reluctant to accept the new prices based on current exchange. That will put a drag on sales. Indirectly pressure on you for turnover.

It's tough. Today 446... Tomorrow 430.. It makes things difficult. You might sell a good at 446 today.. Tomorrow the exchange rate might jump to 460.
My dear, they will still buy, so far as they need it. This challenge is even eased if you can already boast customer confidence.

But even if you can't boast of this advantage yet, you can still arm yourself with patience. Now is not make unnecessary turnovers. It's better you have the goods in your shop, than to sell at a "convenient" price to your customer...and then you won't be able to replace the sold goods.

Increment in prices is supposed to protect you as the seller in the long term, otherwise you go park go village.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Denko2721987(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2020
jojofola:

No.
We can't receive.

Na wa oo.. Thanks for the feedback
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:45pm On May 12, 2020
Wolgrace:

No policies and strategies can avert economic woes neither be dished as profered solutions to economic meltdown when you don't understand the existence and influence central bankings in most countries.

China knew American masters' games very well, reason Trump called the cunning dwarf. China is up for the game, hence the implementation of policies to only promote internal dependence and monetary circulation.

You lots that falsely claimed economy were at peak during GEJ, OBJ, never ask why dollar kept rising against naira? First, you don't know what CENTRAL BANK is all about.

No policies and strategies can avert economic woes neither be dished as profered solutions to economic meltdown when you don't understand the existence and influence central bankings in most countries

incredible !
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by ursamajor: 7:01pm On May 12, 2020
shiki:
It will reach #600 B4 Dec
Amen o.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by SweetOlive(f): 7:09pm On May 12, 2020
shiggy:

I can teach you.
Yes please.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by shiki(m): 7:22pm On May 12, 2020
ursamajor:
Amen o.
bro it seems you are into the business
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by shiki(m): 7:25pm On May 12, 2020
COMPENGRFRANK:
DECEMBER IS EVEN FAR
Bro i fear o
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by abeloponmzy(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2020
Forex traders will be smiling now..

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by fid4fid: 8:04pm On May 12, 2020
Jeferious:
My dear, they will still buy, so far as they need it. This challenge is even eased if you can already boast customer confidence.

But even if you can't boast of this advantage yet, you can still arm yourself with patience. Now is not make unnecessary turnovers. It's better you have the goods in your shop, than to sell at a "convenient" price to your customer...and then you won't be able to replace the sold goods.

Increment in prices is supposed to protect you as the seller in the long term, otherwise you go park go village.

Na true talk.

I raised price by 0.05% to reflect new exchange rate, Omo, one buyer wey been dey keen for bulk purchase refused to pay. He say he go wait till nextweek.. Dollar fit fall then. I no see shi shi since Monday
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by yusluvad(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2020
Good evening

Trust you all have a great day...

All you need to get started is a Bitcoin address with a reputable system. i.e. Binance, Block Chain, Luno e.t.c.

Click on the link on my signature to start earning unlimited Bitcoin...
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by jojofola: 9:06pm On May 12, 2020
cmoney22222:
To which bank? Afri card?

Going by what I have read online. Yes. Africard.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Remii(m): 9:12pm On May 12, 2020
No one should pay more than N390 for $1. If they call it any amount that you cannot afford, there will be no buyer they will reduce the price on their own, wicked souls.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Papertrail11(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2020
mrvitalis:
Where is that slave CBN governor that lied we have enough forex ....are they tired of defending the naira with our little reserve

Accountants have no business with being a CBN governor at all ...look for managers and economist

Meffy is truly a mess.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by yoursidenigga(m): 10:29pm On May 12, 2020
Aflix:
And CBN recently said there's no Forex scarcity. Why is this government always lying to us
Well na better cash out for streets

Yes, because they have not sold many dollars in recent times. Covid-19 has put so many businesses to a halt and no one is traveling again. So, no need for dollars
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by cmoney22222: 11:03pm On May 12, 2020
Africard doest receive at that rate sir. Pls can you post where you read it online? Why I ask is I tried it but got the normal rate
jojofola:

Going by what I have read online. Yes. Africard.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by jojofola: 12:05am On May 13, 2020
cmoney22222:
Africard doest receive at that rate sir. Pls can you post where you read it online? Why I ask is I tried it but got the normal rate

I wasn't talking about rates. You asked if PayPal funds could be withdrawn with Africard and I said yes (going by what I read online)

https://paypalexchanger.com/withdraw-from-paypal-to-nigeria-bank-using-uba-africard
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Mikeiron78(m): 12:17am On May 13, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
its still 374.12 NGN in online money transfer service, Bleep off with this fake news.

This will help your ignorant ass

https://www.abokifx.com/home
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by SenecaTheYonger: 12:19am On May 13, 2020
Mikeiron78:

This will help your ignorant ass

https://www.abokifx.com/home

Fuvck off with your stupid backwater system of exchange rate. Muh aboki rate. Lol. Imagine.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Mikeiron78(m): 12:22am On May 13, 2020
The federal government actually regulate how much money those online transfer like western union, transferwise pay as exchange rate. Figure out why. Your government does everything to affect the general public

quote author=gurunlocker post=89461987]

Not fake news... TransferWise is 374.12 for weeks now

Payoneer is 382.. These are parallel rates which all these websites use.

The truth behind this is, they use 3rd party BDC company in Nigeria (If you can mention TransferWise, you will know the BDC I'm talking about). They are the one eating the big chunk of it. They will get the USD at 450 and give people 374-382.

But if you use Dom account and collect your dollars and take it to Aboki or dem BDC gangan, na 450 o....[/quote]
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Mikeiron78(m): 12:31am On May 13, 2020
smiley
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Mikeiron78(m): 12:46am On May 13, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Fuvck off with your stupid backwater system of exchange rate. Muh aboki rate. Lol. Imagine.

You just showed how dumb your stupid ass is. You have been corrected by at least 5 of your fellow countrymen. I live in the US and I send USD to my domiciliary account in Nigeria, I've made millions of Naira benefiting from the stupid policy of your government. It'll get to $1 to #500 in 2 weeks. The rate at
https://www.abokifx.com is what the hausas use and that's the authentic rate. Call a couples of them in Lagos and check the rate from that site. The rate being used by boss revolution, western union, transfer wise is set by the federal government at below #378 to $1. Can you see who's stupid now? You guys hide behind the internet and write something you know nothing about. Your apologies accepted lol.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by SenecaTheYonger: 1:01am On May 13, 2020
Mikeiron78:

You just showed how dumb your stupid ass is. You have been corrected by at least 5 of your fellow countrymen. I live in the US and I send USD to my domiciliary account in Nigeria, I've made millions of Naira benefiting from the stupid policy of your government. It'll get to $1 to #500 in 2 weeks. The rate at
https://www.abokifx.com is what the hausas use and that's the authentic rate. Call a couples of them in Lagos and check the rate from that site. The rate being used by boss revolution, western union, transfer wise is set by the federal government at below #378 to $1. Can you see who's stupid now? You guys hide behind the internet and write something you know nothing about. Your apologies accepted lol.

Fvck your backwater shithole-tier multiple exchange systems. And fvck your inferiority complex. I don't know what telling me you live in the US has to do with this. Plus the fed rate is set at 390 dumbass.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by miniziter(m): 3:41am On May 13, 2020
Zico5:

Are u into exporting cocoa?
Not really. I produce and also buy locally.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Mikeiron78(m): 4:44am On May 13, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Fvck your backwater shithole-tier multiple exchange systems. And fvck your inferiority complex. I don't know what telling me you live in the US has to do with this. Plus the fed rate is set at 390 dumbass.

The US part came in to let you know I'm am expert making millions in this topic, not someone that's out of touch with the reality. Did the original post mention anything about the dumb official rate? You're just who you are, idiot lol. You don't have to change the topic. Continue living a miserable life, such a low life local champion that refuse to learn from others. 5 people corrected you, but that tells a lot about your miserable life.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Topshow4real: 5:02am On May 13, 2020
chuksbaby:
Those Who Earn in $ Will like this news.

if you know what i mean

. smiley
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by SenecaTheYonger: 6:15am On May 13, 2020
Mikeiron78:

The US part came in to let you know I'm am expert making millions in this topic, not someone that's out of touch with the reality. Did the original post mention anything about the dumb official rate? You're just who you are, idiot lol. You don't have to change the topic. Continue living a miserable life, such a low life local champion that refuse to learn from others. 5 people corrected you, but that tells a lot about your miserable life.

Yeah, keep sucking on your own_cock
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by samsard(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2020
jojofola:

No.
We can't receive.

Haha guy. The rate is 390 at most. And the bank takes its own fees and reduces the final rate to about 380
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by samsard(m): 7:29am On May 13, 2020
grossintel:
Which bank will give you dollar? You don't know what is happening. Is either you collect $20 notes and go exchange for aboki at 350 or they offer you their conversion rate, they claim they don't have $$$
Are you somehow saying $20 bills are less valuable?
I know some freelancers are still taking dollars to BDC to get a favorable rate so this your talk get as e sound for ear.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by jojofola: 8:42am On May 13, 2020
samsard:
Haha guy. The rate is 390 at most. And the bank takes its own fees and reduces the final rate to about 380

When you pay fees with PayPal, it is #390 and final rate is #380?

Lol.

Una no go wound me for this Nairaland.

Please make a $1 PayPal payment and watch out for your debit alert.

Confirm to me again.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by samsard(m): 8:45am On May 13, 2020
jojofola:

When you pay fees with PayPal, it is #390 and final rate is #380?

Lol.

Una no go wound me for this Nairaland.

Please make a $1 PayPal payment and watch out for your debit alert.

Confirm to me again.

Talking about withdrawal from PayPal.
Re: Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists by Nobody: 8:51am On May 13, 2020
samsard:
Are you somehow saying $20 bills are less valuable?
I know some freelancers are still taking dollars to BDC to get a favorable rate so this your talk get as e sound for ear.
Yes, $20 bills are far less valuable. If you want to exchange at favourable rates it's from $50 up. I called all the BDC guys I know, they all said I shouldn't take it or I'll have to exchange it at 350, even while I was at the bank making calls, some other guys walked in and when they heard it's only $20 bills available, they refused to take it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paystack Investors Enjoy 1440% Return On Investment / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash / Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.