Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash (29843 Views)

Over 50 Jets Storm Rivers For Wigwe’s Burial / Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by alphonsojaybaz: 11:53am On Feb 28
Family releases 6-day burial rites for Wigwe, wife, son who died in air crash

The family of the late Herbert Wigwe, the former group CEO of Access Holdings Plc, has just shared the details of his burial arrangements.

Recall that there was a chopper crash in the US earlier this month involving Wigwe, his wife Chizoba, and their son Chizi.
Family releases 6-day burial rites for Wigwe, wife, son who died in air crash
Herbert Wigwe

Abimbola Ogunbanjo, the former group chairman of Nigerian Exchange Group Plc (NGX Group), was also aboard the chopper, with all passengers confirmed dead hours later. Eyes Of Lagos reports,

According to a program released by the deceased’s family, the burial ceremony of the Wigwes will begin with a celebration of the professional legacy of the former GCEO of Access Holdings at the Eko Hotel in Lagos on March 4, and will end with an outing service at the Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG), Lion of Judah Parish, Isiokpo, Ikwerre LGA, Rivers, on March 10.

The lives of Chizi and Chizoba will be celebrated in separate ceremonies scheduled for March 5 at the Eko Hotel in Lagos, before a night of tributes a day later at the same venue.

A combined service of songs will be held on March 7 at the RCCG, Resurrection Parish, Lekki, followed by a Christian wake-keeping at Wigwe University, Isiokpo, Ikwerre LGA, Rivers.

The combined funeral and private internment service are scheduled for March 9.

THE BURIAL PROGRAMME

Celebrating Herbert Wigwe — ” A Professional Legacy”
Monday, March 4, 2024
Venue: Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos
Time: 2:00pm-6:00pm

Celebrating Chizi Wigwe
Tuesday, March 5, 2024
Time: 10:00am

Celebrating Chizoba Wigwe
Tuesday, March 5, 2024
Time: 5:00pm

Night of Tributes
Wednesday, March 6, 2024
Venue: Eko Hotel Victoria Island, Lagos
Time: 5:00pm

Combined Service of Songs
Thursday, March 7, 2024
RCCG, Resurrection Parish,
1 Resurrection Drive, 1st Gate,
Jakande Estate, Km 15 Lekki
Time: 10:00am

Christian Wake-Keeping
Friday, March 8, 2024
Wigwe University, Isiokpo
6:00pm

Combined Funeral Service
Saturday, March 9, 2024
RCCG, Lion of Judah Parish, Isiokpo
10:00am

Private Interment Ceremony
Saturday, March 9, 2024

Outing Service
Sunday, March 10, 2024
RCCG, Lion of Judah Parish, Isiokpo
10:00am

https://eyesoflagos.com/2024/02/28/family-releases-6-day-burial-rites-for-wigwe-wife-son-who-died-in-air-crash/

4 Likes

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by inoki247: 11:59am On Feb 28
Na where Politicians go use dere week be this....

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Sonnobax15(m): 11:59am On Feb 28
lipsrsealed
Rip to the departed.....

I can only imagine the kinda trauma the remaining kids will be feeling right now..........

It is well indeed....

More reason why I just had to chill, worry-less and bother-less,despite the various troubles I'm presently sunk into........Cuz na who die nai lose las las.....

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Domaining101: 12:00pm On Feb 28
You have someone who is willing to give you 5 million naira in this present economy and the person asks you to choose between using the money to sponsor your education in a PRIVATE university for 5 years or use the money to start up any business of your choice. Assuming you are in your early 20's say 20-23 and considering the current situation of things in Nigeria, which of these options would you pick and why?

1 Like

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by chigoziri2403(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28
No need to cherish luxuries 'cause everythin' come and go
Even the life that you have is borrowed
'Cause your not promised tomorrow
So live your life as if everyday's goin' be your last
Once you move forward can't go back
Just prepare to remove your past
'Cause ya gotta be willin' to pray
Yes, there gotta be, there gotta be a better way
Yes, ya gotta be willin' to pray
'Cause there gotta be, there gotta be a better day

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by bigdammyj: 12:00pm On Feb 28
Noted.

May they rest in peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by iCauseTrouble: 12:00pm On Feb 28
What of RCCG City of David grin

23 Likes

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by AntiChristian: 12:00pm On Feb 28
Waste of funds!

1. Mortuary services: Millions!
2. Transport Services! Millions!
3. Burial Services: Millions!
4. Even Caskets: Millions!

All will turn to dust!

Modified!

What about doing a low-key burial and sending the funds to a particular orphanage or feeding prisoners, etc.!

As someone just said..is it my funds?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Akshow: 12:00pm On Feb 28
Money speaking even in death.
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Truths9ja: 12:01pm On Feb 28
Rip 🪦 to the great man in banking business. Meanwhile, If you can cook, cook for man o, don’t go and follow social media - Nigeria Lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWOByK1Rwq8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by abbaapple: 12:01pm On Feb 28
angry

Burial wey carry spices lipsrsealed

RIP to the death! Such is life mehn!!!
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by MrBroke(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28
I'll be there
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Coldspice: 12:02pm On Feb 28
They moved the Lagos program to RCCG the Resurrection Parish in Lekki.

I hope that Pastor in City of David and his foolish, insensitive wife are happy.

49 Likes

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by triple996(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28
when you have money, everything you do is correct. grin
6 days to spend money on burial shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by money121(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28
Ok
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by YaksonFCA(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28
may their soul rest in peace. condolences

1 Like

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by tnerro1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28
Hope they recovered the bodies to give them a befitting burial 😢

2 Likes

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Ebukamatth(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by AllahOfBlood: 12:03pm On Feb 28
cry

May their souls rest in perfect peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by illuminutty: 12:03pm On Feb 28
Ash to ash

4 Likes

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by manikspears: 12:03pm On Feb 28
The family just want to cash out
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Jamiubond009(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28
angry
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28
Why are they arranging their burial ceremonies separately? It doesn't make sense.

May God grant their souls eternal rest.

1 Like

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by CuriousX: 12:04pm On Feb 28
May their souls rest in peace.

I have been a customer of access bank for about 8 years and I didn't know this man nor heard of him till his death

I can't imagine how the surviving kids would feel right now. Life is really vanity cry

7 Likes

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by NaijaCover(m): 12:05pm On Feb 28
Ok
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Astra101: 12:05pm On Feb 28
Rest On
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by onadana: 12:05pm On Feb 28
A sad endless story... every being must partake.Truth be told losing loved ones is a horror I don't want anyone to experience.Buried my mum,buried my dad,buried my wife.Am I the same again no...but I just have to live on as life is for the living.I carry that death bag hung on my back until I breathe no more.Live life.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Cheeryfeet: 12:06pm On Feb 28
Coldspice:
They moved the Lagos program to RCCG the Resurrection Parish in Lekki.

I hope that Pastor in City of David and his foolish, insensitive wife are happy.
What happened? Was he attending City of David Parish?

1 Like

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by itumafriday(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28
They should use his fund for charity
Not wasting the funds.

2 Likes

Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by wunmi590(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28

Chai...

Continue to rest in peace sir
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Coolestguy2023: 12:08pm On Feb 28
MrBroke:
I'll be there

Who ask you?
Re: Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash by Nkl4u: 12:13pm On Feb 28
What a great loss😢

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate November 2 2023 / Ghana Cedis Valuable Than Naira / How Did You Make It In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.