Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead (644 Views)

Gunmen Kill Only Son, Kidnap 8 Others In Abuja Community (Photos) / Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors / EFCC Protests As Ekweremadu Blames Commission For Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by Davidtolu12(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2020
Abuja community protests as police shoot businessman dead

There was a violent protest in the Karmo area of Abuja on Monday, following the killing of a businessman, Solomon Eze, by a police officer on Sunday evening.
Angry residents of the area reportedly stoned an assistant commissioner of police and Abuja Municipal Area Council officials who visited the community to pacify the people.
Some youths were also said to have attempted to burn down the police post in the community.

It was gathered that the police were at Karmo to arrest some suspects in connection with an investigation when some people attempted to stop them from taking the suspects away.
A policeman reportedly fired in the air and the deceased was hit by a bullet.
A resident, Don Iyke, explained that the policemen had arrested two unidentified men for undisclosed reasons and were about taking them away when Eze and others accosted the cops.

But an argument allegedly ensued, leading to the shooting of the 52-year-old.
He said, “I learnt that the police came to arrest two persons and Eze and some people came out to intervene but a policeman shot him. I saw the body lying on the ground at the scene.
“The AMAC chairman and other police officers visited the area to appeal to the people this morning (Monday), but some youths threw stones at them and the police fired tear gas to disperse the boys.”

Another resident, Mr Oyewole, said there was tension in the community over the killing of Eze, adding that the situation may get out of hand if not properly handled by the government.
The Federal Capital Territory police spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, confirmed the incident.

https://davidotokiblog..com/2020/05/abuja-community-protests-as-police.html

Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by xreal: 6:27am On May 12, 2020
Na their work.
.....to kill citizens.
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by KingMicky3286: 6:34am On May 12, 2020
xreal:
Na their work.
.....to kill citizens.

Why should he stop police from arresting a suspect? You don't stop the government from doing legitimate work.
He killed himself.
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by RoyalBlu(f): 6:46am On May 12, 2020
KingMicky3286:

Why should he stop police from arresting a suspect? You don't stop the government from doing legitimate work.
He killed himself.

Why shoot an unharmed civilian

There are better ways to go handle such scenarios.

Some Nigerian Police Officers are just too trigger-happy which is very worrisome.
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by Aidlyfe: 6:54am On May 12, 2020
Nigerian security jihadist agents have killed more people in South East more than Corona Virus in this period
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by Aidlyfe: 6:55am On May 12, 2020
KingMicky3286:

He killed himself.

Accidental discharge? Definitely, not suicide.
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by Paulynez(m): 6:59am On May 12, 2020
'The police fired in the air and the deceased was hit by a bullet'
Was the deceased flying in the air? NPF sha always misfiring �
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by dangermouse(m): 7:05am On May 12, 2020
KingMicky3286:

He killed himself.
I dont want to believe u just supported cold blood murder. No where was it reported that they tried stopping the police from carrying out an arrest. Even if they did stop the police, does it warrant being killed?
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by KingMicky3286: 11:11am On May 12, 2020
dangermouse:
I dont want to believe u just supported cold blood murder. No where was it reported that they tried stopping the police from carrying out an arrest. Even if they did stop the police, does it warrant being killed?

Read the news properly dear.

A resident, Don Iyke, explained that the policemen had arrested two unidentified men for undisclosed reasons and were about taking them away when Eze and others accosted the cops.

But an argument allegedly ensued, leading to the shooting of the 52-year-old.
He said, “I learnt that the police came to arrest two persons and Eze and some people came out to intervene but a policeman shot him. I saw the body lying on the ground at the scene.
“The AMAC chairman and other police officers visited the area to appeal to the people this morning (Monday), but some youths threw stones at them and the police fired tear gas to disperse the boys.”

It happened to my brother in 2002 , when he went to deposit a huge amount of money for a customer in a bank, an okada robbed him off the money , He ran affter the okada man and held him , he made a call and police came, thats how his fellow okada men aided him to escape from the police and my brother went to jail because of the money,

I dont pity thieves, If he wants to intervene for the suspect, he would have followed the police to the station to know how to solve the problem.
Re: Abuja Community Protests As Police Shoot Businessman Dead by IamCeazer(m): 3:36pm On May 12, 2020
I witnessed it live, it happened at dia check point between Idu and Karmo.
I was shocked 2 d bone marrow wen d short rang. So much blood, i even took som graphic pics of d man lyin in cold blood. Head short.

(1) (Reply)

The Pranks In Bet9ja Online Money Deposit. / ODUMEJE: Arondizuogu People Clip Wings Of The "Liquid Metal | E-nigeria! / 16 Year Old Girl Gave Birth After Being Gang Raped And Tested Positive To Covid1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.