Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors (21007 Views)

Angry Mob Beats Lagos Policeman Unconscious For Pushing Man Crushed By BRT / Police Release Photo Of Officer Who Shot Dead Gafaru Buraimoh In Ajah, Lagos / Drunk Lagos Policeman Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by naptu2: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
See previous thread here: Gafaru Buraimoh: Lagos Police Arrest & Detain Officer Who Shot Man Dead In Ajah

Lagos Police Killed A Young Man

Police Arraign Officers Suspected Of Shooting Gafaru Buraimoh

Murder: Lagos policeman protests as court remands four inspectors

30th January 2023
By Naomi Chima

The Lagos State Police Command on Friday arraigned four policemen, Inspector Johnson Imeh, Inspector Effiong Edet, Inspector Harrison Ike, and Inspector Etederhi Obaseki, before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court over the alleged murder of a resident, Buraimoh Gafar.

The four inspectors were arraigned before Magistrate A.O. Salawu on two counts of murder.

The four policemen, attached to the Ajah Police Divisional Headquarters, were on a patrol and visited Amadon Estate.

Suspected hoodlums in the community were said to have fled on sighting the cops as one of them was arrested.

While trying to force the suspect into their van, the hoodlums reportedly regrouped to free their colleague.

Two of the defendants were said to have fired shots.

The deceased’s sister, Folashade Ibrahim, and an eyewitness, Adebayo Olatunji, later reported to the police that a stray bullet hit Gafar while he was coming out of Skymall Shopping Plaza, where he went to watch a football match.

The police prosecutor, Haruna Magaji, while holding brief for Godwin Oriabure, told the court that the policemen committed the offence on December 6, 2022.

Magaji said Imeh and Edet confessed to firing their AK-47 riffles during the incident.

The charge read in part, “ That you, Johnson Imeh, Effiong Edet, Etederhi Obaseki and Harrison Ike, on December 6, 2022, at Happyland Estate, Sangotedo, Ajah, Lagos State, in the Lagos Magisterial District, while on duty as a member of the Nigeria Police Force on surveillance duty, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony, to wit, murder, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 233 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2015.”

Counsel for the second defendant, Samuel Sodipo, pleaded with the court to grant him bail in liberal terms, saying the policemen had been in custody for 51 days.

Also, one of the defendants, Ike, told the court that he was exonerated by the police provost because he did not fire any bullets, but the State Criminal Investigation Department refused to let him go.

He claimed that he and Obaseki were supposed to be discharged on the morning of the arraignment and had finished packing their things.

He stated that because they were happy, the Investigation Police Officer decided to charge them with murder and conspiracy.

He said, “The DPO exonerated me and this young man, Obaseki, and the investigators exonerated us as well because we did not fire. The police provost disciplinary committee exonerated both of us.

“During these processes, orders had been coming to let us go but Panti (SCID) refused to let us go; they said the day they would charge these two men, they would release us.

“Now this morning, they called them out to charge them to court and one of them (policeman) came saying that we were laughing, that we would go nowhere. I just carried my bag, but on getting outside, they said my offence was that I came out to go home and for that reason, they should go and include me in conspiracy and murder.”

The magistrate called the IPO to explain why the two policemen were arraigned.

The IPO, SP Christopher Onyeisi, said, “They were taken to the Ikeja provost and the two defendants, Ime and Edet, were found to have committed the offence while the other two, Ike and Obaseki, were subjected to further investigation.

“While the investigation was ongoing, we received an order to charge all of them while the case file should be duplicated and sent to the DPP.

“Actually the police ordered to exonerate the two but the DPP said no, that we should charge all four.”

Magaji requested the court to remand the defendants.

Magistrate Salawu after going through the case file, ordered that the four policemen be remanded in a custodial centre for 30 days pending the DPP’s advice.

The case was adjourned till March 2, 2023.

https://punchng.com/murder-lagos-policeman-protests-as-court-remands-four-inspectors/

1 Share

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by God1000(m): 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Another Police palava, the entire police force needs total overhaul

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
naptu2:

one of them (policeman) came saying that we were laughing, that we would go nowhere. I just carried my bag, but on getting outside, they said my offence was that I came out to go home and for that reason, they should go and include me in conspiracy and murder.”

monkey turns his back against his fellow monkey.

Or maybe it's just a smoke screen and this is what they want us to hear.

12 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Hollyharjii: 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2023
Fear NIGERIA Police Officer

I can never and I'll never have them as my friend

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by IrepChrist: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
Neither Mr. Tinubu nor Alh. Atiku are both fit to deal with Nigerian problems we need a physically and mentally sound President.

We must not make this mistake.

Jesus lovesyou

7 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by verybadmouth(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
V
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by VeryWickedGoat: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
Disperse them with teargas.

12 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by adexbols: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
WIll it end there?

let's see how it goes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by mooremoney(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
Vote Peter obi to end police brutality

4 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Mikelarteta(m): 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
Police and lie be like 5 and 6

4 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by sirjoggy(m): 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
Those that they suppose to join man o war they enlist them into police force

1 Like

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by stacyadams: 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lock em up and throw away the keys

3 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Antoeni(m): 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
The Nigeria Police Force Are So Shameless, Insensitive Unprofessional, Untrained And irresponsible
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
"I will shoot you and nothing will happen. I will shoot you and nothing will happen." They have shot someone and something has happened. Even the innocent ones were bundled with the guilty one because they were laughing. What's funny? You dudes murdered a human and you all think it's funny.

24 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by bolacode: 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Kingray10: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wahalaaaahhh for police when they give people problem. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by MVLOX(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
Na wa ooo
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by erai30(m): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2023
ALL OF UNA GO WEAR THE SAME TROUSER, BECAUSE WATER WHEN TOUCH PREEK, GO SURELY TOUCH BLOCKUS. ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE,ACCIDENTAL JAIL TIME grin

7 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by mayskit4luv(m): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2023
Okay
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by bigdammyj: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
Noted.
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by hopexter(m): 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
80FullyBack:
PLEASE vote for PETER OBI

Why are you begging people? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Raxxye(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Unprofessionalism in the Nigeria Police is really worrisome. When will all these killings by policemen end in Nigeria?
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Newyorkitis(m): 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hoodlums on the rampage
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by sofiscatedmoron: 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Murder is a Very serious offence heaven and on earth
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by pol23: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nigeria Police have no value for human life.
Human right abuse is their primary assignment.
Theft and blackmailing is their secondary assignment.
Even police officer pray that their friends and family members don’t encounter police….
It’s as bad as it could be.

1 Like

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by stano2(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Imagine shame
Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by seanwilliam(m): 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Who is more wicked?
Nigeria police or Nigeria girls ?

Like for Nigeria girl share for Nigeria police

4 Likes

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Trapnews: 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
IrepChrist:
Neither Mr. Tinubu nor Alh. Atiku are both fit to deal with Nigerian problems we need a physically and mentally sound President.

We must not make this mistake.

Jesus lovesyou
And you are foolish enough to drag Jesus into your madness. Jesus deserted you the day you declare his image unfit. Another bad biafran christian.

1 Like

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by Ayodeoba: 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
It’s good let them suffer the same thing they have been doing to others

1 Like

Re: Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors by ceaser: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2023
Perhaps it isn't a bad idea that they also experience the maltreatment they usually met out to innocent Nigerians.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

76-Year Old Grandfather Robert Busted With Drugs In Edo / Customs Seizes 5,200 Cartridges Of Live Ammunitions, Other Contraband / Police Nab 6 Members Of Shilla Boys In Adamawa, Recover 14 Stolen Laptops (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.