Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike (756 Views)

Donald Duke Commissions Flyover Bridge Built By Wike In Rivers State / Obi Of Onitsha Commissions Dualised Sani Abacha Road Constructed By Wike(pics) / Photos Of Cultural Centre Rivers Built By Wike To Be Commissioned By Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 12:51pm On May 12, 2020
“There is no provision for even the President to take the Law into his hands and then begin to mete out punishments to citizens without recourse to the constitution."

“The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights. No Governor has the power to dismiss these rights under the pretext of enforcing the COVID-19 regulations."

“No Constitution allows a Governor to become the maker of a Law, accuser, witness, enforcer of the Law, the prosecutor and the Judge at the same time. It is primitive,”

By Femi Falana SAN

https://dailypost.ng/2020/05/11/rivers-wike-a-colossal-embarrassment-to-body-of-benchers-falana/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

When you read the words of the SAN, there is no way Wike is right. But, we get even lawyers defending Wike breaking the law, claiming people should Obey laws.

If people blatantly support a wrong action, the person that made the mistake will feel he is right and continue in the wrong path.

People should shun party, tribal or religious affiliations and always stand by the truth. If not the country will remain in its irredeemable position.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 12:52pm On May 12, 2020
I don't blame you, I blamed the lack of information.
Woke is very correct.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 12:54pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:
I don't blame you, I blamed the lack of information.

Woke is very correct.

Can you explain why you think Wike is very correct after what you read up there? Honestly, did you read it at all or chose to defend wrong due to a sentimental affiliation.

State the lacked information apart from your sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by zeuss: 12:57pm On May 12, 2020
The hotel owner had task force members directed to enforce lockdown beaten up to hospitalization state. this infuriated well meaning riverians including wike. the public opinion is that this action is appropriate as no one is above the law
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 12:57pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

Can you explain why you think Wike is very correct after what you read up there? Or, honestly, did you read it at all but chose to defend wrong due to a sentimental affiliation.

State the lacked information apart from your sentiments.
Take your time to find, know and understand what you don’t know and in the end, you shall know that it is not all the things you know that show you something you don’t know, but something you don’t know!

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:00pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:

Take your time to find, know and understand what you don’t know and in the end, you shall know that it is not all the things you know that show you something you don’t know, but something you don’t know!

You are talking in parables because you have no fact to defend your sentimental support of a Governor breaking the law. That is just the fact.

Your response proves my point. Wike committed a very wrong act but people are openly supporting him and denying their conscience because of sentimental affiliations.

You know deep down Wike is wrong but openly defending him, which is a pity to me.

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 1:01pm On May 12, 2020
zeuss:
The hotel owner had task force members directed to enforce lockdown beaten up to hospitalization state. this infuriated well meaning riverians including wike. the public opinion is that this action is appropriate as no one is above the law
They even swore that "Dem no born Wike's father well to demolish it"
Now they know who's the boss.
If Wike didn't demolish that hotel, there will be chaos in the state cos all other hotels will open again.
Wike is right.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:02pm On May 12, 2020
zeuss:

Another person so devoid of the truth. The owner of Prodest Hotel was at Lagos at Lagos all this time, there is no way his spirit ordered Wike's tax force to get beaten. That was a pure malicious lie by spin doctors to try to cover the Governor's tracks.

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 1:06pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

Another person so devoid of the truth. The owner of Prodest Hotel was at Lagos at Lagos all this time, there is no way his spirit ordered Wike's tax force to get beaten. That was a pure malicious lie by spin doctors to try to cover the Governor's tracks.
Yes, the owner was in Lagos but his voice was well represented.
Ask yourself this, is it the only hotel in the state?!
There are more than 3000 hotels in there and they all obeyed except our hotel.
If you got the balls to disobey the law then you should have the balls to bear the brunts.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:06pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:

They even swore that "Dem no born Wike's father well to demolish it"
Now they know who's the boss.
If Wike didn't demolish that hotel, there will be chaos in the state cos all other hotels will open again.
Wike is right.

Another person spreading lies to try to prevent Wike from knowing the truth. Lying to a friend when he does wrong is not protecting but destroying him.

Interview of the owner of the Hotel Demolished (Prodest Hotel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPsTZRZmSe0

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:09pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:

Yes, the owner was in Lagos but his voice was well represented.
Ask yourself this, is it the only hotel in the state?!
There are more than 3000 hotels in there and they all obeyed except our hotel.
If you got the balls to disobey the law then you should have the balls to bear the brunts.

You earlier typed the owner ordered his boys to beat up the tax force. Now you are saying he was well represented. Does that not show big holes in your comments and you clearly are trying to defend evil.

From the point raised by SAN Femi Falana, does it not prove Wike is wrong? There is no need bringing in kitchen gossips from rumour mongers to try and justify evil.

The demolition of Prodest Hotel is forced evictions and in violation of article 11 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and other human rights treaties to which Nigeria is a state party,” SERAP disclosed via its official Twitter handle.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by psucc(m): 1:10pm On May 12, 2020
Op, if Evans house is bulkdozed, will you query?

There's this write-up I read this morning and the writer said anybody that is not satisfied with Gov Wike's action should first visit Alode in Eleme. That the owner of the hotel is also a native of the village where the hotel stands.

2. The owner also double as the PDP Youth Leader. Do yöu think Wike would not have considered him if there is not much?
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by ChimaAdeoye: 1:10pm On May 12, 2020
[s]
MainJoe:
“There is no provision for even the President to take the Law into his hands and then begin to mete out punishments to citizens without recourse to the constitution."

“The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights. No Governor has the power to dismiss these rights under the pretext of enforcing the COVID-19 regulations."

“No Constitution allows a Governor to become the maker of a Law, accuser, witness, enforcer of the Law, the prosecutor and the Judge at the same time. It is primitive,”

By Femi Falana SAN

https://dailypost.ng/2020/05/11/rivers-wike-a-colossal-embarrassment-to-body-of-benchers-falana/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

When you read the words of the SAN, there is no way Wike is right. But, we get even lawyers defending Wike breaking the law, claiming people should Obey laws.

If people blatantly support a wrong action, the person that made the mistake will feel he is right and continue in the wrong path.

People should shun party, tribal or religious affiliations and always stand by the truth. If not the country will remain in its irredeemable position.
[/s]

WIKE DEMOLISHED A BUILDING USED FOR KIDNAPPING, PROSTITUTION AND MEETING VENUE OF UNSCRUPULOUS CHARACTERS.

Meanwhile, state officials initially sent to shut the place down due to COVID-19 were shot and maimed. Such lawless places used to love-vendor women and refuse to obey the laws of the state should be confiscated and removed.

I STAND WITH WIKE's MORAL LEADERSHIP!

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 1:13pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

You earlier typed the owner ordered his boys to beat up the tax force. Now you are saying he was well represented. Does that not show big holes in your comments and you clearly are trying to defend evil.

From the point raised by SAN Femi Falana, does it not prove Wike is wrong? There is no need bringing in kitchen gossips from rumour mongers to try and justify evil.

The demolition of Prodest Hotel is forced evictions and in violation of article 11 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and other human rights treaties to which Nigeria is a state party,” SERAP disclosed via its official Twitter handle.
Show me where I typed such?!
You just confirmed my remark.

Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:14pm On May 12, 2020
psucc:
Op, if Evans house is bulkdozed, will you query?

There's this write-up I read this morning and the writer said anybody that is not satisfied with Gov Wike's action should first visit Alode in Eleme. That the owner of the hotel is also a native of the village where the hotel stands.

2. The owner also double as the PDP Youth Leader. Do yöu think Wike would not have considered him if there is not much?

You can see you people are hell bent on running around with lies and blinding yourselves to the truth. The owner of the Hotel, (Prodest) is not a native of even Eleme. He is an Ogoni Man. Gogorodari Promise Needam. Stop feeding off lies and seek the truth. Deal with facts and not social media rumours.

“Under our Law, an emergency situation under the Quarantine Act does not permit the demolition of a house by an alleged offender.".. Femi Falana SAN

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:18pm On May 12, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:
WIKE DEMOLISHED A BUILDING USED FOR KIDNAPPING, PROSTITUTION AND MEETING VENUE OF UNSCRUPULOUS CHARACTERS.

Meanwhile, state officials initially sent to shut the place down due to COVID-19 were shot and maimed. Such lawless places used to love-vendor women and refuse to obey the laws of the state should be confiscated and removed.

Another spin doctor. These are lies being peddled because these stories started with the Hotel being owned by A Native Of Eleme, which was a lie. So obviously, they fed you guys with lies. You ran with the lies, blinding yourselves to the truth and supporting a crime against a person.

“I did not violate any order. The government was supposed to do some investigations before doing that.

And if they found me wanting, then another procedure should be followed; not demolishing a structure like that."... Gogorodari Promise (Owner of demolished Prodest Hotel)
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by tidalstorm(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2020
Wike did wrong. In a sane country, this won't have happened.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:22pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:

Show me where I typed such?!
You just confirmed my remark.

Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards.

Mixed up zeuss and you. Either way, abusing does not give your point credence. The fact is that I have gotten what I wanted. I now understand it is not about standing by the truth. Most of you are defending Wike because your consciences are dead when once you have a sentimental affiliation.

The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights. No Governor has the power to dismiss these rights under the pretext of enforcing the COVID-19 regulations.".. Femi Falana SAN
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 1:23pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

Mixed up zeuss and you. Either way, abusing does not give your point credence. The fact is that I have gotten what I wanted. I now understand it is not about standing by the truth. Most of you are defending Wike because your consciences are dead when once you have a sentimental affiliation.

The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights. No Governor has the power to dismiss these rights under the pretext of enforcing the COVID-19 regulations.".. Femi Falana SAN
Thats how you mixed up informed and ignorance.
You're a confused being.
The deed has been done and order was maintained.
The demolition will serve as a deterrent to future. defaulters.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:26pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:

Thats how you mixed up informed and ignorance.
You're a confused being.
Abuses does not give your point credence.

“No Constitution allows a Governor to become the maker of a Law, accuser, witness, enforcer of the Law, the prosecutor and the Judge at the same time. It is primitive,”.. Femi Falana SAN

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 1:27pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

Abuses does not give your point credence.

“No Constitution allows a Governor to become the maker of a Law, accuser, witness, enforcer of the Law, the prosecutor and the Judge at the same time. It is primitive,”.. Femi Falana SAN
Yes, but when you mix simple things up.
how do you want to understand?
It is your type that will say Lavisha said Buhari is impotence. wherein Lavisha didn't say such.
Your type are the problem of Nigeria.
I don't have the time and crayons to explain it to you.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 1:29pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:

Yes, but when you mix simple things up.
how do you want to understand?
I don't have the time and crayons to explain it to you.

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by gidgiddy: 1:30pm On May 12, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:
[s][/s]

Stop talking nonsense. We should be in a country guided by the rule of law and not sentiments, moreso for people like Wike who swore to uphold the constitution.

The question is does Wike have any constitutional right to destroy a persons property without a valid court order?

1 Like

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 1:34pm On May 12, 2020
In as much as the owner violated covid19 regulations, wike has no right in a democratic government to be the judiciary, legislature and executive

He could have sealed up the place, get an injunction from court of law before demolishing it, if the owner goes to court, river state will bear the brunt not wike cause no sane person will invest in that kind of environment, a place where the governor can demolish your structure whenever he feels like cause the law allows him

People should look beyond the owner breaking the law, they should look at the archaic, dictatorial and tyrannical tendency this law embodies

The constitution clearly says any executive order must be in tandem with the Nigerian constitution

If It’s true the owner ordered task force members to be beaten, demolishing the hotel doesn’t bring justice to the people wounded and beaten by him

This is a bad precedent wike has set, and I find it really funny, people are laughing and supporting him

Tyranny is when government said something is for your safety, never trust any government a bit and I’ll never do, y’all saying he disobeyed the law, remember slavery was once supported by law even though it’s not right

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 1:38pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

Sidon there.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by Lavisha(f): 3:28pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

https://www.nairaland.com/5852838/wounded-rivers-covid-19-task-force#89470044
See how they beat the taskforce officials up.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 3:32pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:

https://www.nairaland.com/5852838/wounded-rivers-covid-19-task-force#89470044
See how they beat the taskforce officials up.

Let us take it that a fight happened between the youth leader and Wike's taskforce members. Is Princewill the owner of the Hotel? No. So why demolish someone's hotel because somebody fought inside it?

Why is Wike right to do it? You are yet to answer. If someone beats a taskforce officer in your father's house, will Wike be right to demolish your house because of it?
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by psucc(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

You can see you people are hell bent on running around with lies and blinding yourselves to the truth. The owner of the Hotel, (Prodest) is not a native of even Eleme. He is an Ogoni Man. Gogorodari Promise Needam. Stop feeding off lies and seek the truth. Deal with facts and not social media rumours.

“Under our Law, an emergency situation under the Quarantine Act does not permit the demolition of a house by an alleged offender.".. Femi Falana SAN
Read my post again. I said I read it from a source. I am not from R/S.

2. That Falana has posit does not make it the general rule. We have not heard from Keyamo yet.
3. The windy nature of the Nigerian law is hard to get through when the dice is cast.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by MainJoe: 3:36pm On May 12, 2020
psucc:
Read my post again. I said I read it from a source. I am not from R/S.

2. That Falana has posit does not make it the general rule. We have not heard from Keyamo yet.
3. The windy nature of the Nigerian law is hard to get through when the dice is cast.

Keyamo to do what?

Does the Governor have the right to demolish people's property without a fair hearing? Do you need Keyamo for that?

This is just abuse of power. Somebody beat my boys and someone must pay.
Re: I Find It Shocking That We Still Have People Defending The Demolition By Wike by psucc(m): 4:36pm On May 12, 2020
MainJoe:

Keyamo to do what?

Does the Governor have the right to demolish people's property without a fair hearing? Do you need Keyamo for that?

This is just abuse of power. Somebody beat my boys and someone must pay.
You asked and you answered @ the last sentence

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu In Trouble As Figures Of Defense Funds Leaks / Buhari Returns To Abuja From Mali Peace Mission (images) / It's Not Fair What Nigeria Is Doing To Its Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.