Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week (46782 Views)

COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 / COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely / Bianca Ojukwu Dazzles In Green In ‘stay at home’ relaxation Mode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by maak400: 7:12am On May 13, 2020
DonTattaglia:
Pls lock down the entire country since Nigerians are too stubborn to obey simple instructions. Covid-19 infection rate is on d increase since the lockdown was relaxed. People must come to terms that this virus has come to stay. It will take at least 2 years for normalcy to be restored. Argue with your cerebrum.
If the virus has come to stay and it will take 2 years to return to normalcy, so govt should lockdown the country for 2 years?

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Brunicekid(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2020
LegendaryLover:
review?
pls don't listen to the bogus figures NCDC has been dropping oo. If not, 9ja will enter another lockdown till next year.
Let's just continue this way with the partial lockdown from 8pm-6am everyday until a cure is found.
You've gat a point!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Luckydubby7(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2020
Kobicove:
We are very lucky people have not started dropping like flies in this country cos a lot of people are already infected... no point in deceiving ourselves! undecided
. I guess u are among those infected. Lazy things.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Rufai1314(m): 7:29am On May 13, 2020
No more lockdown please. Don't allow people to die of depression and hunger.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Adekunlegold9ja: 7:29am On May 13, 2020
Kobicove:
We are very lucky people have not started dropping like flies in this country cos a lot of people are already infected... no point in deceiving ourselves! undecided

What's ur proof

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by bigtt76(f): 7:30am On May 13, 2020
You don't understand... Our people don't believe things until they start seeing the why in reality. Imagine if 2-3 agbero dropped dead at Obalende infected by the virus, nobody go tell Lagosians make dem stay indoors, everybody go conform cheesy

Now because no one has seen anyone dying, they don't believe what's happening. During Ebola, the graphic photos of people dying of the disease helped contained it.

Abroad, at first they didn't believe in the virus until they started seeing the numbers from Italy and their countries before they conform, we might need same here unfortunately.

Parisian:
You want FG to start playing with human lives just because of the senselessness of its citizens. It is when hundreds of people start dropping dead that you will get sense.

If more advanced countries are having a hard time containing the virus, is it Nigeria that has very few doctors per capita that can fight it? Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by OKTolu: 7:32am On May 13, 2020
God please come to our rescue,this lockdown is getting out of hands ooo,many business are suffering, hunger in the land
we need your healing power oh Lord, protect us and our families, you're a Providence God, please provide for our needs oh Lord in Jesus name I pray.
Can I hear Amen ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Olaiya26: 7:32am On May 13, 2020
The only thing I like about this PTF team is, how beautiful this man is every other thing about PTF is nonsense lipsrsealed
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Drizzy5001(m): 7:34am On May 13, 2020
For how long will this lockdown continue,? Abeg abeg make una release am joor make pesin travel ... angry

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Swingate(m): 7:37am On May 13, 2020
No more lockdown please, it will not be obeyed and this will finish the already fragile economy. The review should focus on injection of cash into the economy.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by fatymore(f): 7:39am On May 13, 2020
We are waiting...
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by temielects(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2020
God help us.. people are suffering
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Coldie(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2020
Macsjebs:
Everyday and in every way, Nairaland gets a lot more interesting and educative

One thing I will never forget are kind words which well known and respected monikers posted on the thread on my signature
That means u haven't tried twitter
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by BlackSpanner: 7:43am On May 13, 2020
livinbygrace:
Ramadan is coming ,so they will surely relaxed it.Northern and muslims no go gree

Exactly my thought!!! They can't lock us down because the Sallah is next weekend.

You want the Muslims to go on rampage especially in the north.

Maybe, FG might look at it again after Sallah

As someone rightly said, most of the people shouting lockdown are either government workers or political appointees. When other countries are beginning to ease the lockdown, we want to embark on another one with no palliative and plan from our clueless government.

The worst I also see that social or physical distancing is very difficult to implement in Africa especially Nigeria due to population.

I read a documentary on BBC Africa 2 days ago on South African burials and ceremonial challenges during this period. Very touching.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by ASIO(m): 7:46am On May 13, 2020
There is no point having another lockdown it’s not worth it my opinion , Ghana has eased lockdown for like a month now and there haven’t been a dreadful spike, I think it is Hightime we learned from other African countries what they are doing Right rather than calling ourselves giant of Africa without Sense .

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by sunday0707(m): 7:49am On May 13, 2020
DonTattaglia:
Pls lock down the entire country since Nigerians are too stubborn to obey simple instructions. Covid-19 infection rate is on d increase since the lockdown was relaxed. People must come to terms that this virus has come to stay. It will take at least 2 years for normalcy to be restored. Argue with your cerebrum.
Countries that have provisions for their citizenry are relaxing due to the adverse effects on the economy. You keep people at home for weeks without food and you encourage them to continue the lock down. I pray you don't witness hunger .We must be sincere with ourselves, people are hungry, let's feel the pain of others. it's not affecting me so much though cos I keep getting my salary but how about people whose livelihoods depend on their daily struggle. Corona is real but I tell you to die of hunger is what one won't pray for his worst enemy. Should they now continue to lockdown till your projected time for normalcy? The country and set of leaders we have make us stubborn. See how they are utilizing resources (financial and material) given to them.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Mrpojj(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2020
DonTattaglia:

Lock entire wetin?
Most of you talk out of just fear of Corona or death
You are locking a country that has over a 100million living on less than 1 dollar a day, and such pple have not been earning how do dey survive
A woman lost her child cos of total lock down , becos no pharmacy to get drugs for the child
This lock down is not working period

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Rapsodee(m): 8:01am On May 13, 2020
No more lockdown, let churches and mosques opened and let the schools be opened but measures should further be taken to prevent further spread.

And also no wasting of time on criticizing the Covids organic drink from Madagascar, getting a solution as quick as possible should be their major goal now, not how to fucking lock us down again without palliatives and support....spits!!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by alphaRego01(m): 8:01am On May 13, 2020
Lolll...fg enforce another lockdown will be doing more harm than good.i choose not to be emotional anymore on the uselessness of our leaders

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by murmee: 8:01am On May 13, 2020
otokx:
They should remove the interstate restriction, it is only causing increase in prices of goods and services.
And also enriching Policemen, Soldiers and other security officials at checkpoints!
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by juicekunlex4u(m): 8:02am On May 13, 2020
If something is not right it's not, when christains are trying to observe easter celebration the refuse to relax the lockdown, but now that salah is coming they want to review it. Hmmm uptil niw religion sentiment [color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by u11ae1013: 8:11am On May 13, 2020
bigtt76:
You don't understand... Our people don't believe things until they start seeing the why in reality. Imagine if 2-3 agbero dropped dead at Obalende infected by the virus, nobody go tell Lagosians make dem stay indoors, everybody go conform cheesy

Now because no one has seen anyone dying, they don't believe what's happening. During Ebola, the graphic photos of people dying of the disease helped contained it.

Abroad, at first they didn't believe in the virus until they started seeing the numbers from Italy and their countries before they conform, we might need same here unfortunately.

sorry, your wishes has not come to pass, I know you were expecting huge figures from lagos this week but God pass una

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Mizwisdom(f): 8:16am On May 13, 2020
This year we had a colorless Easter, these people deprived us of joy in the name of lockdown. Now that other nations are easing their lockdown I hope our clueless leaders are not thinking of lockdown any more.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Babinski: 8:19am On May 13, 2020
bigtt76:
You lockdown, the count was not zero so why mull lockdown again? Instead of another lockdown, improve enlightenment and allow some cases to teach the people lesson on not adhering to the rules. People may have to learn the hard way. undecided

Learning the hard way with Covid-19 is not an individual affair. A bus driver driving dangerously if left to learn his lesson may carry not only the people in his bus to the grave but also other road users.

You can ask the Brazilians the effect of toying with Covid-19!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by HazardMan(m): 9:01am On May 13, 2020
Mumu government.
They ain't even sure of what they are doing. I wonder who their dumb advisers are... Ordinary ghana government and advisers get sense much morethan the giant of africa. I wonder who gave us that title. Giant my foot
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by justphillips(m): 9:08am On May 13, 2020
Kobicove:

Na you dey share the virus?

Oshey Shareful giver.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by dantrillion: 9:09am On May 13, 2020
Review what ni?? Una better open schools & churches when next u meet.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Bioluminescent: 9:13am On May 13, 2020
LegendaryLover:
review?
pls don't listen to the bogus figures NCDC has been dropping oo. If not, 9ja will enter another lockdown till next year.
Let's just continue this way with the partial lockdown from 8pm-6am everyday until a cure is found.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by Bioluminescent: 9:13am On May 13, 2020
majamajic:
NCDC msgs me like 3 times a day , but when it comes to credit alert they look elsewhere
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by bonnyhope: 9:37am On May 13, 2020
Kobicove:

You have been saying the same for the past one month

Stay in one corner and be typing rubbish
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by bonnyhope: 9:42am On May 13, 2020
[s][s]
DonTattaglia:
[s]Pl
down the entire country since Nigerians are too stubborn to obey simple instructions. Covid-19 infection rate is on d increase since the lockdown was relaxed. People must come to terms that this virus has come to stay. It will take at least 2 years for normalcy to be restored. Argue with your cerebrum.
[/s]
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week by dannydee75(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2020
just keep displaying live scores while people are dying of hunger... still planning of reviewing lockdown which my later end in total lockdown.. s don't even try it... free us abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicle Motors Presented To The Nigerian Police / MC Oluomo Writes INEC To Allow Him Transport Election Materials / Olu Falae Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.