Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' (4417 Views)

Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" / Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide / Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by ExAngel007(f): 8:24am On May 13, 2020
Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter has informed
his employees that they can now work from
home “forever” amid the
Coronavirus pandemic.

The 43-year-old CEO informed staff on
Tuesday saying all in-person events would be
cancelled as the company announced plans to
adopt a permanent work-from-home
structure amid the Coronavirus pandemic.

Employees would receive a $1,000 allowance
to equip themselves with the tools necessary
to work-from-home, Mr. Dorsey said, adding
that the office was unlikely to open before
September.

In a statement, Twitter said it was “one of the
first companies to go to a WFH model in the
face of COVID-19, but [doesn’t] anticipate
being one of the first to return to offices.”

The company said if employees are in a role
and situation that enables them to work from
home and they want to continue doing so
“forever,” then “we will make that happen.”

“If not, our offices will be their warm and
welcoming selves, with some additional
precautions, when we feel it’s safe to return,”
the statement reads.

The company said with very few exceptions,
offices won’t open before September.

It added when they do open it will be
“careful, intentional, office by office and
gradual.” It said there will also be no
business travel before September “with very
few exceptions” and no in-person company
events for the rest of 2020.

“We’re proud of the early action we took to
protect the health of our employees and our
communities. That will remain our top priority
as we work through the unknowns of the
coming months,” it said.

Jennifer Christie, the head of human
resources at Twitter, also told BuzzFeed
News the company would “never probably be
the same” as it began allowing employees to
work-from-home during the initial months of
the outbreak.

“People who were reticent to work remotely
will find that they really thrive that way,” she
said at the time. “Managers who didn’t think
they could manage teams that were remote
will have a different perspective.”

She added: “I do think we won’t go back.”

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/05/12/twitter-work-from-home-forever/3118879001/

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Gwagone: 8:27am On May 13, 2020
Good
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Davash222(m): 8:29am On May 13, 2020
One of the advantages of Covid-19.

Sense always comes from Nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by samuelizz(m): 8:33am On May 13, 2020
Erukaye101:
Chai! Omo I wish all companies in Nigeria can be like this... But theft and loss of trust no go male way. Anyway, don't let the lockdown prevent you from eating. Bring your business Digital. Get Ecommerce Online Store + Free Domain + SEO Manager for 5k. Check my Signature for contact

It all depends on the type of company. Not all can do that.
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by michlins(m): 8:42am On May 13, 2020
This is why Twitter will always be behind Facebook. Twitter has banned all political adverts on their platform. If you know how much that advert stream is valued at. Meanwhile Facebook doesn't care. They will rather work to remove them later after they leave generated enough traffic.

While Twitter is human resources and values oriented, Facebook and Amazon only care about the balance sheets and the Benjamin green backs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by espn(m): 8:42am On May 13, 2020
That is where the world will all
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by sleemoon(m): 9:03am On May 13, 2020
how i wish my company can adopt this too...i ll jst be sending feeds to my chicken through WhatsApp and cull them through VideoChat...

smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by BenDanor(m): 9:29am On May 13, 2020
Wow this is good. So what then happens to the physical space?
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by abdul4new(m): 10:21am On May 13, 2020
Good one
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by olamidedivotee(f): 10:52am On May 13, 2020
The kind of work I love
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by RenaissanceGuy: 10:55am On May 13, 2020
michlins:
This is why Twitter will always be behind Facebook. Twitter has banned all political adverts on their platform. If you know how much that advert stream is valued at. Meanwhile Facebook doesn't care. They will rather work to remove them later after they leave generated enough traffic.

While Twitter is human resources and values oriented, Facebook and Amazon only care about the balance sheets and the Benjamin green backs
Facebook is also not accepting political ads.
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by CTechHub(m): 11:11am On May 13, 2020
Move in the right direction.
btw, have you seen my signature yet?
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Jossyroyal1: 11:15am On May 13, 2020
shocked

In summary, those employees without soft skills should go and die.
You better learn a skill as other companies will prefer to hire freelancers and there won't be jumping from one place to another any soon

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by mytime24(f): 11:24am On May 13, 2020
K
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Simeony007(m): 12:56pm On May 13, 2020
I'd love to work there someday.
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Octopusssy(f): 1:26pm On May 13, 2020
Sign me on! cheesy
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Lyydia(f): 1:41pm On May 13, 2020
Good development from Dorsey
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Fajoe2020: 2:23pm On May 13, 2020
Inside side. These people are always thinking about the well being of their people. Here na the opposite.
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Az111111(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2020
Good
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by Daxxx: 2:45pm On May 13, 2020
That's Very Good
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by sacajawea: 2:52pm On May 13, 2020
Davash222:
One of the advantages of Covid-19.

Sense always comes from Nonsense.
It's better to keep quiet instead of saying nonsense
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by VickyRotex(f): 4:23pm On May 13, 2020
michlins:

While Twitter is human resources and values oriented , Facebook and Amazon only care about the balance sheets and the Benjamin green backs

If that's the reason they're "behind", it's okay. No be everything be about money and balance sheet.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by VickyRotex(f): 4:26pm On May 13, 2020
sleemoon:
how i wish my company can adopt this too...i ll jst be sending feeds to my chicken through WhatsApp and cull them through VideoChat...

smh

cheesy cheesy una no go kill me. And you will send meeting minutes to them via email. iyen na nice!
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by abumeinben(m): 4:31pm On May 13, 2020
Hehehe....

Waiting for NEPA for work from home.
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by VickyRotex(f): 4:32pm On May 13, 2020
BenDanor:
Wow this is good. So what then happens to the physical space?

majority of these firms are clamping down on real estates. The market has seen a plunge in real estates value due to Covid.
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by kingscare1(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2020
Better work, imagine the set-up allowance almost #450,000.00 in Nigeria currency grin
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by sleemoon(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2020
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy una no go kill me. And you will send meeting minutes to them via email. iyen na nice!

naso my sister...body needs rest for dis lockdown

1 Like

Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by VickyRotex(f): 6:48pm On May 13, 2020
sleemoon:

naso my sister...body needs rest for dis lockdown

Abi. o necessttryy jare
Re: Twitter Tells Employees They Can Now Work From Home 'forever' by BenDanor(m): 7:15pm On May 13, 2020
VickyRotex:

majority of these firms are clamping down on real estates. The market has seen a plunge in real estates value due to Covid.
That also has its negative effects

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opsson P6 Discussion Thread / Airtel Intoduces BBM Plans For Andriod Phone / You Will Never Believe This Phone Has Internet Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.