Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? (3948 Views)

What Network Plan Are You Currently Using For Heavy Downloads? / What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by Dclique(m): 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ofcus they wouldn't ask for it again because i have already given it to them and it has been registered on their system.
The arguement here is can they auto detect it?

Take note of this, during Glo BB registration, they wouldn't ask* you for anything. Its just Via a simple Text
Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by Babalegba(m): 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
Glo and Etisalat customer service staff do know the phone you are using. They mentioned my phone when i phoned them for internet settings after i got a new phone.
Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by chakaz(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2011
When I called Etisalat CC for wap settings, the lady there said "ur calling with , " and she mentioned my phone make and model and ask if it was the phone I need the settings for? So With that, I concluded that they know!
Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by Ifedisky(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
i popped my sim in a SE Satio.Glo sent a text telling me I can get connected using the Satio, then sent configurations. i'VE HAD ONE CHAP IN MTN TELL ME ALL THE PHONES MY SIM HAS USED. HOW HE KNEW? SEARCH ME!
Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by Lexusgs430: 2:38am On Jan 23, 2011
Service providers can tell the device that is been used to call them. When a call is made to a service provider, your IMEI number is logged, and this number is generic to each model. Not unless the network providers in Nigeria are using sub standard machines.
Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by moonraker(m): 7:46am On Jan 24, 2011
Two word

IMEI NUMBER

This is standard practice, every service provider has this facility, its may be that such

a facility is under used
Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by ifyalways(f): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2011
duintes:

Operators are able to tell categorically what phone type and model you are using. But the question here should be at what point do they drill down to the level of knowing your phone type? So the frontline reps may not have the need to see your phone type before attending to you while if you are in for something serious (God forbid), such applications might be called up. Don't forget that each phone has IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). Y[b]ou see this by dialling *#06# - irrespective of your phone type and [/b]network operator. The IMEI is unique to every phone. So this presupposes that each OEM would have a code in the IMEI that would identify them as the manufacturer.
Tried it just now,God save ur head . . .It worked.
Thank yous cheesy
Re: Can Service Providers Tell The Kind Of Handset You Are 'currently' Using? by SirJohn(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2011
sure they can, all they need do is input your MSISDN in a particular application and it pops out your phone picture and every other phone you have used with that line. A customer care rep may request for your IMEI, MSISDN or any other information but that doesn't mean they don't have it with them, you have to understand that they use several applications at the same time while attending to queries.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy J Announced On NTT Docomo: Note 3 Specs In Galaxy S4 Body / Link To Download Wwe2k14.iso For Psp Plss???? / Is Glo Nigeria Spying On Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.