Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown (49961 Views)

CG NCS, Haliru Nababa: FG Spends More On Feeding Security Dogs Than Inmates / FG Spends ₦92 Million As ‘Parking Fee’ On Faulty Presidential Jet In Germany / FG Spends N34 Million To Feed Prisoners Daily - Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Cosyfaith(f): 12:01pm On May 13, 2020
Worry, as FG spends N679m daily on feeding schoolchildren during lockdown

•NANS, NUT, others worry, query workability of logistics

•FG asks DSS, EFCC,ICPC,others to monitor contractors

•Says beneficiaries ‘ll receive uncooked food items worth N4,200

Insistence by the Federal Government to continue its homegrown school feeding programme, even when schools in the country are currently shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic, may not only fail abysmally, but become a drain pipe on the lean resources of government at this point in time.

This is the position of some stakeholders in the education sector such as the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, the Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT, Concerned Parents and Educators, CPE among others.

They made their positions on the matter known while speaking with Vanguard, basing their fears on workability of the logistics needed to take food to the homes of pupils since people are not allowed to congregate in large numbers because of the pandemic.

This is just as it was gathered that government claims to be spending the sum of N679 million daily or N13.5 billion monthly on the project in 31 states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

NANS’ position

According to the South-West Coordinator of NANS, Comrade Kappo Samuel Olawale, given the situation in the country, the plan is not realistic.

“The plan is not realistic at all. To me, it is a huge prank and a costly one for that matter. How many houses will the food vendors cover since schools are not in session and pupils cannot congregate at a point?

“If they ask the vendors to go and supply the food rations to the pupils at home, it is not that the beneficiaries are living at a spot or a particular place. Even if that is possible, it will increase the cost of logistics.

“Also, if you are asking the pupils to go to a particular place to collect vouchers for the food or even collect the food, there is no doubt the situation will become rowdy and the large gatherings we want to avoid will present themselves, the process would eventually be hijacked by others.

“Why can’t they feed the parents and the parents feed their wards? The other time palliatives were to be given people, the process was badly coordinated. The truth is some people just want to make money for themselves,” he said.

NUT reacts

Reacting, Lagos State Chairman of Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT, Otunba Adesina Adedoyin, who spoke in a similar manner, wondered why pupils in private schools were not included in the programme from the beginning.

“As a teacher, I know that our pupils and students live in different communities. In Lagos, some people live in Ikorodu and run businesses and shops on Lagos Island and, thereby enrol, their wards in schools close to their business premises. How easy will it be to now take food meant for such students to their home addresses?

“The logistics the government would need to implement this would definitely not be Nigerian,” he said.

Parents’ angle

Founder, CPE, Mrs Yinka Ogunde, asked whether government has data on the pupils.

“I don’t know the level of their preparedness when one talks about logistics as that would inform the workability or otherwise of their plan. The logistics must be well thought-out. We must be careful not to create a bigger problem while trying to solve one,” she opined.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/worry-as-fg-spends-n679m-daily-on-feeding-schoolchildren-during-lockdown/amp/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by LandOwners: 12:39pm On May 13, 2020
The way our government mentions billions is sometimes funny to me.
Yet people are suffering and dying of hunger everyday.
Very ridiculous to say the least.

I'm still struggling to see where all this billions they are always calling is going to.

Meanwhile we are real estate professionals.... Contact us for genuine lands and houses in choice locations across Nigeria.

210 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by ForeThinker: 12:39pm On May 13, 2020
Greedy pippu everywhere....they jux triggered the looting ...

The agreement was meant for school not Home

679M daily to a month is equal to how much ...

Your guess's is good as my ....

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Tissaia(f): 12:39pm On May 13, 2020
EFCC should investigate this
I just don't trust that Sadiya
But if the president av a crush on you, u can pretty much do anything

262 Likes 15 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Officialgarri: 12:39pm On May 13, 2020
I'm confused on this process as well. There seems to be no transparency in this

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by LandOwners: 12:39pm On May 13, 2020
679m on feeding school children my foot.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Jmk9292(m): 12:39pm On May 13, 2020
Very well.......wonder working government of Nigeria.....

19 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by BOOOMNAIJA: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS COMPOSED OF ARMED ROBBERS....LIKE FOR YES, SHARE FOR NO

499 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Galactico4ever(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
Biggest Trash i've read today so far

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by yesloaded: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
This is PURE DAYLIGHT SCAM

Buhari & APC needs to stop calling us from fools

What sort of insult is this for goodness sake?

140 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Finnese001: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
cheesy

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY

TISSAIA WHAT SAYS YOU?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by PapaBaby: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
“As a teacher, I know that our pupils and students live in different communities.

It's an avenue to embezzle, don't worry yourself.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by sirblend: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
B for Buhari

Buhari please take it easy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
I don't really understand the type of govt we have. This is the most govt in the history of mankind, both home and abroad. U said their is no money, yet the little we have they just want to embezel it. I don't know why Buhari and his men are just empty, palliatives zero, everything about this govt is just zero percent.
Nigerians were raising their voices on the BVN, yet nothing was done all bcs most northerners does not have bank account.
In summary what Buhari understands is only north and cow. If u have proposal on cow believe me, it will be granted to u

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Mindlog: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
An avenue to misappropriate resources daily.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by philips007(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
Audio feeding

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by sageprime(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
Nigeria government Sha grin

11 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by elyte89: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
Shey dis govt dey whine us ni... In bro shaggy voice grin

6 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by jofatek(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
Tragic!!!

4 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Edopesin: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
Ahhhhhhh!

Ah ah

Lugard why na

Even when schools are closed cry imagine if schools were open 1.5billion Daily be that na

We gats separate this country God

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by hugoboss36(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
I feel like crying....for this country.... cry cry cry

17 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by landmark86: 12:40pm On May 13, 2020
That minister woman is a thief.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
Whatever!!!

Let the looting continue!!

Everything that has a beginning has an end...

9 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
Just say Katsina, Kano and Almajiri.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by damola1: 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
Scam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Ubykcee(m): 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
The government should send money to the parents to feed the children undecided

12 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Fragility6: 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
If PDP looted d country dry in 15years ,APC has done worse in less dan 5yrs

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Demmtek(m): 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
Ghost services

2 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by veramani31: 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
Sinzu Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
They have to keep chopping the money na

3 Likes

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by naijaboy756: 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
They are bent on looting...

How does it even sound that school feeding program is going and schools are closed.

Do these people think we are continually stupid in Nigeria?

What is wrong with our leaders? You removed lockdown not because it was right but because you couldn't feed your citizens yet you want to spend hundreds of millions in an audio feeding program.

Na wa o

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown by edlion57(m): 12:41pm On May 13, 2020
V

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode Arrests Soldier For Driving Against Traffic - Photos / Is CNN Mocking The APC In This Tweet? (Photo) / Solomon Asemota Accuses Buhari Of Appointing Islamist Jihadists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.