Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

No More Mobile Police For Banks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Mobile Police For Banks (8376 Views)

INEC Agent, Dan Joko, Arrested By Police For Collecting Money To Rig Election / Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza / Boko-haram Attacks Mobile-Police Base In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Mobile Police For Banks by wobastine: 7:12am On Jan 14, 2011
Following the development, Chief Security Officers of all banks in the country on Wednesday held a four-hour closed door meeting with the DIG Operations at the Force Headquarters to fashion out ways on how the banks could provide their own alternative security.

Though the outcome of the meeting was not made public, but an inside source said the banks were not disposed to the new arrangement, and were still pleading  with the Inspector General of Police to rescind the decision as such directive will likely alter their operations and also jeopardize the security of customers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/mobile-police-to-be-withdrawn-from-banks-individuals/ <<edited>>
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Mobinga: 7:45am On Jan 14, 2011
lol. Armed Robbers must be ecstatic
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 14, 2011
this poster dey advertise hin site jare.no mind am with hin fake news. angry angry
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by fineworker(m): 8:14am On Jan 14, 2011
there is no need for banks to panic because police or no police armed robbers has been attacking and robbing banks even when the police are there.Some banks that is located opposite police stations have been robbed while the police watch as the operation goes on so i don't see the big deal if they are withdrawn from banks.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Hodaya(m): 8:20am On Jan 14, 2011
Of what use have they been actually, they are peanuts for armed robbers who attack with more sophisticated weapons. It is either this or they equip them with better weapons and protection. I can't just imagine been in their shoes, they kind of thought that goes through their mind on a daily basis waiting to combat a more equipped opponent.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by slap1(m): 8:21am On Jan 14, 2011
This means more clueless police goats on the streets and more innocent Nigerian lives at risk.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Mobinga: 8:23am On Jan 14, 2011
Hodaya:

Of what use have they been actually, they are peanuts for armed robbers who attack with more sophisticated weapons. It is either this or they equip them with better weapons and protection. I can't just imagine been in their shoes, they kind of thought that goes through their mind on a daily basis waiting to combat a more equipped opponent.
fineworker:

there is no need for banks to panic because police or no police armed robbers has been attacking and robbing banks even when the police are there.Some banks that is located opposite police stations have been robbed while the police watch as the operation goes on so i don't see the big deal if they are withdrawn from banks.
SHAME ON YOU BOTH
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by turboman(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2011
fineworker:

t[b]here is no need for banks to panic because police or no police armed robbers has been attacking and robbing banks even when the police are there[/b].Some banks that is located opposite police stations have been robbed while the police watch as the operation goes on so i don't see the big deal if they are withdrawn from banks.

SHARAAAAAAAPPP FOOL ! You should also say "there is no need for people to panic because hospitals or no hospitals sickness & diseases will still kill people"

2 Likes

Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Hodaya(m): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2011
Mobinga:

SHAME ON YOU BOTH

Well, i think you first comment is as shameful as those you quoted and the second is worse *by your standard*. Please be specific when criticizing next time so i know what to be corrected.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by ifyalways(f): 8:46am On Jan 14, 2011
Good business for private security companies.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Mobinga: 8:48am On Jan 14, 2011
Hodaya:

Well, i think you first comment is as shameful as those you quoted and the second is worse *by your standard*. Please be specific when criticizing next time so i know what to be corrected.
What is shameful about my first comment?

Your first is horrible.
Hodaya:

Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by hexcraft(m): 8:57am On Jan 14, 2011
Whether it is fake news or good news or bad news, I don't know.

Of a fact, I think it will be BEST because it will CREATE MORE EMPLOYMENT.
that means police will really do their work, and more Nigerian graduates will be employed imagine the no. of people that will be employed.

Well I dey laugh
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by akhis: 9:03am On Jan 14, 2011
This new IG, na wa ooooh
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by eghost247(m): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2011
Wow sounds dangerous to me
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Jan 14, 2011
I believe they want to pave way for the registeration of Armed Security companies. Guess who will be the beneficiaries of that!
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Odunnu: 9:28am On Jan 14, 2011
This is serious.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by xreal: 9:31am On Jan 14, 2011
@OP
this is no good news.

ifyalways:

Good business for private security companies.

in nigerian banks?
what d' you mean?
This is Nigeria.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by worho(m): 9:39am On Jan 14, 2011
forget them jor.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by coolpapa: 9:50am On Jan 14, 2011
of what impact has the nigerian police made in protecting lives and properties in the nigerian banking sector? it is obvious that their presence at the banks are more threat to the customers cos most of them work hand in hand with armed robbers. most of those armed rubbers gets first class information from the police security men, posted to most of the existing nigerian banks. the presence of the policemen at banks does not scared armed rubbers from perpetuating their awful act rather it pave way for them and upgrade their information. Let them go jare grin sad angry wink
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Joe50(m): 10:10am On Jan 14, 2011
This IG man self, angry
First, he said they should scrap Civil Defence (NSCDC) out
Second, he said Army should be withdrawn from election as part of security agents.
now he want to remove police from banks

i just hate this man.
i don't think he knows what he's doing.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by haleonic: 10:12am On Jan 14, 2011
The banks are rich enough to carter for their own security
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by semid1(m): 10:14am On Jan 14, 2011

According to him, the Mobile Police force is a specialized outfit,  a specialized agency in the police. It is the striking unit of the PMF; they cannot have control over our internal security problems if they lose the purpose of their establishment. It was established in the early 60s in other to contain definite threat to internal security.

The IGP , regretted that over the years people have turned the PMF into something like an ornament, while every body want to be seen going around with Mobile police.

He added that his intention is to have the PMF in the barracks and to train them for deployment in order to help the nation contain its internal security problems.

Good move. . .are SWAT (Special Weapons And Tactics) units of American police departments deployed to guard & protect banks? I support the I.G on this one. The Mobile Police is an elite unit and shouldn't be used to carry out mundane police work.

It's not as if the Police would be withdrawn entirely as conventional policemen (armed) will still be assigned to the banks to cordinate and head the private security outfits/arrangements of the banks.

Towards this end, only few conventional policemen that are armed will be deployed to such banks and organisations to oversee the operations of other security agencies that they might engage to provide security for their business operations.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by LA2(m): 10:32am On Jan 14, 2011
Armed Robbers Union must have lobbied for this decision
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by fdigital(m): 10:37am On Jan 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

this poster dey advertise hin site jare.no mind am with hin fake news. angry angry
mind you www.vanguardngr.com is not a personal site  . . .   don't be so s.tupid.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by andyprez(m): 10:37am On Jan 14, 2011
Dissolve police then use military men for secuirity for 2 years while acquiring & training the new police troops. shikena!
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Phate07(m): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2011

And how dow this benefit The Common Man? undecided
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by chi3280(m): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2011
i think the best option for me is whenever am going to the bank i go with my own security.thank God for ATM
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by oladayo042: 11:03am On Jan 14, 2011
LA2:

Armed Robbers Union must have lobbied for this decision
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2011
fdigital:

mind you www.vanguardngr.com is not a personal site  . . .   don't be so s.tupid.
mumu

why not ask the poster if the vanguard you quoted was the original source he posted. ?

crazy modafacka !
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by aieromon(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2011
These banks should be able to provide better security for their businesses instead of over-relying on the archaic tactics of the MPF.
Time for me to go start a private security company.
Re: No More Mobile Police For Banks by DeeJay20: 11:13am On Jan 14, 2011
Security is Not free and the Nigerian Banks know that,

Why would the IG think of removing police security from banks if
the banks refuse to issue better[b] "security Contracts" [/b]to the Nigerian
Police force.

Most Banks use "Private Companies" for security ie "Securicor" [/b]in the UK
but even they are "Backed up" in term of monitoring to the CCTV system
and have connectiones to the UK Police Force.

[b]And all of the Private Security firms in the UK are Part Owned and Staffed
by Ex Military and Police Officers.

Police force in the UK charge "Football clubs" for security services
at football matches and other events.

Police Presense at Public/Private Events in the UK means some organisation
is paying "Part of the Bill" besides the Government.

The Nigerian Banks should wake up from their "Dreamland" of paying the
Nigerian Police "Peanuts" for securing Billions of Naira

Or is something stirring here. are the Military Elite thinking of  starting Private
security firm to now watch over the money, hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra. A Bullet In The Heart Of Indigbo Struggle / Fuel Scarcity Has Worsened Suffering Of Nigerians — CAN / Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.