Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari (3700 Views)

Reactions As Dapo Abiodun Takes Oath Of Office In An Empty Stadium (pics). / Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Vision2329: 1:44pm On May 13, 2020
Former diplomat, Dapo Fafowora, has made damning comments circulating on the social media of most universities'groups about President Muhammadu Buhari officially-named Chief of Staff, Professor Ibrahim Gambari.

79 years old Fafowora was Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the United Nations from 1981 to 1984.
He made his comments as soon as speculations of Gambari’s appointment hit the public space and was confirmed by his nephew, the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Zulu Gambari.

Read his comments:
“I know him quite well. I was the one who in 1981 brought him to the UN at his request as a member of the Nigerian delegation".

“He was then a senior lecturer at the ABU. In fact, the late Prof Audu, who was then Foreign Minister actually advised me against inviting him to the UN. But he had strong academic credentials which impressed me. He had obtained his first degree in political science from the LSE, and a doctorate from Colombia University in New York. We were looking for strong delegates to the UN General Assembly and I considered him the kind of delegates we were looking for.

“So I invited him as one of our delegates to the UN General Assembly. He was at the UN in New York with me. I gave him and his wife my city apartment which I was not using free for 3 months plus a car. I liked him and I was not seeking any favours from him.

“After 3 months he returned home and sent me a note thanking me for giving him the first opportunity to visit the UN as a delegate and giving him his first experience at multilateral diplomacy.

“However, he sent President Shagari a secret and private note that while he was at the UN he observed that I had not been attending the meeting of Islamic states at the UN. President Shagari sent the note to Prof Audu who forwarded it to me in New York. He didn’t even ask me for any comments on Gambari’s secret memo as Prof Audu fully understood that Nigeria had traditionally not been attending meetings of the Islamic states as we were not then a member of the Group.

“Gambari asked for a private meeting with President Shagari which Prof Audu advised against. I was shocked that someone I had helped so much turned round to betray me so blatantly. I did not tell him I knew about the secret letter he had sent to the UN. When Shagari was overthrown by Buhari, Gambari became Foreign Minister. When career ambassadors were being suddenly retired I was at first not on the list.

“But Gambari, now FM and Rafindadi, the head of the NSO who had worked under me in London, and was now head of the NSO worked together to secure my retirement. In fact, when I called him from New York to confirm from him news about my retirement he first denied it.
Thereafter, he no longer took my calls.

“In fact, I remained at my post in New York for another 3 months during which the MFA tried to reverse the decision to retire me. I had done absolutely nothing wrong in my entire career in the diplomatic service and only got into trouble for helping a young academic who turned against me to fulfil his own personal ambition.

“Since then, he and I have only met twice in very difficult circumstances. First at a dinner by a mutual friend in New York several years after my retirement. He could barely look directly at me. He was clearly embarrassed.

“Then when Buhari won the elections in 2015 I headed a team that was set up to prepare a paper for him on our Foreign Policy. Subsequently, Alhaji Joda asked him to join the team.

“Last year, he suddenly called me to ask if I would kindly represent him at a public lecture he had agreed to chair. I told him I could not snd that he should look for someone younger. He immediately hung up on me.

“Now, he may be the kind of person Buhari is looking for to succeed Abba Kyari as COS. They are very much alike but Gambari is more subtle and even more dangerous and will substitute the national interests for his own personal interests. I have no doubt about that.

“What I have written in this long piece is just some of my personal experience and encounter with him. Everything I have written here is in my memoirs ‘Lest I Forget’ which he has seen and read. It is nothing new.

“But I think it important that the character of our top govt officials should be revealed and not covered up. We have, as a nation, paid dearly for supporting appointments to high office that are often detrimental to our nation. Enough is enough and this has to stop.”

Dapo Fafowora
Former Nigeria Diplomat.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by babasolution: 1:54pm On May 13, 2020
ALL THESE OLD MEN ARE ALL USELESS BOTH THE COMPLAINER AND ALL.THEY DESTROYED NIGERIA AND REFUSED TO LEAVE,THEY ARE ALL USELESS OLD MEN,THEY ARE WORTH NOTHING TO NIGERIAN YOUTHS,THEY HAVE ALL FAILED.THEY ARE FAILED MEN

5 Likes

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Josegun(m): 2:13pm On May 13, 2020
This is serious sha
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by TheFreeOne: 2:13pm On May 13, 2020
And when we thought we've seen it all here we go again?

Mehn....E be like say truly dem don use naija pant do yahoo o cheesy

Fellow Nigerians, we needs to urgently come together save ourselves from the cycle of recycled vampire 'geriatrics' sucking life and development outta this country.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Racoon(m): 2:13pm On May 13, 2020
Politicians are all traitors.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Flyingngel(m): 2:24pm On May 13, 2020
Buhari need to see this.
Oh! there is nothing he can do.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by RuddyFusion(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2020
This one strongooo hope they won't play another one on the VP.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by amuwo1980: 2:39pm On May 13, 2020
Nigerians don sell dog go buy monkey, no be same tail bearing creature Una buy?

1 Like

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by KINGofTOTO: 3:03pm On May 13, 2020
Na naija we dey, everybody dey fight for hin pocket.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Macwytt(m): 3:26pm On May 13, 2020
The youths of this Great Nation should stop tiktoking and grab the bull by the horn. If we dont do something, they'll countinue to destroy our motherland.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 13, 2020
cool.... PICTURE EVIDENCE or I donblivit cool cool cool
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by gasparpisciotta: 3:37pm On May 13, 2020
There is no perfect man sir. Doubt if you didn’t hurt anyone too.
This is not the time for this....we all know you privileged guys failed us and messed up the opportunity to shape Nigeria up. You guys just refused to do right things.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Powerintoxicate: 3:39pm On May 13, 2020
babasolution:
ALL THESE OLD MEN ARE ALL USELESS BOTH THE COMPLAINER AND ALL.THEY DESTROYED NIGERIA AND REFUSED TO LEAVE,THEY ARE ALL USELESS OLD MEN,THEY ARE WORTH NOTHING TO NIGERIAN YOUTHS,THEY HAVE ALL FAILED.THEY ARE FAILED MEN
you right infact very right. The man complaining already got his PhD at 31 and became an ambassador at 39/40. Look at youths today at 40 many of them still carrying their CVS all over the place with no jobs. Useless men

5 Likes

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by fishjam: 3:40pm On May 13, 2020
I have a video course for those that want a better life. For the people that know there is more to life than just working, living, paying taxes and dying.For those that know their life is meant for something bigger and better.For those that want to step out of the ordinary and into the extraordinary.Imagine that you live out your life as it currently is; will you be in your death bed at the age of 120 and you are asking yourself, and regretting your life’s decisions: why did I work so much? Why didn’t I do something bigger with my life? I had the time, health, energy, opportunity and wealth- but why didn’t I do something bigger with my life? This course will share with you, from the trenches, some techniques to discover your entrepreneurial life’s purposes and how you can take your life to the next level.

*In this course you will learn:*
Know yourself. Understand your strengths and weaknesses.
Why sitting down and thinking is so important, yet 99% of people fail to do this one thing!
No matter what you do in life, you must be happy and competent.
How you can procrastinate by being too busy.
Why travelling and reading books is so important.
Why expanding your comfort zone is so important.
4 major questions to ask yourself to figure out your entrepreneurial life’s purpose.

*Who is the target audience?*
Those that know they are destined for more.
Those that want more from life.
Those that know there is more to life than living, working, paying taxes and dying,

*Requirements*
Only the desire to want and become more in life.

For other video courses in various fields such as Photography/Videography/Cinematography, Programming, Digital Marketing, Data Analysis, Video Editing, Copywriting, Solar Energy Construction, Guitar Mastery, Piano Mastery, Web development, Wordpress Mastery (the list is exhaustive, over 100 different fields), Kindly Contact Me: 0706 537 3538 2k per course. 5k for 10 courses, 20k for 50 courses, 50k for my entire collection of over 500 video courses (in case you want to resell)
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by WHYKAY19000(m): 3:40pm On May 13, 2020
Gerontocracy everywhere
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by boyjo: 3:49pm On May 13, 2020
Vision2329:

“Now, he may be the kind of person Buhari is looking for to succeed Abba Kyari as COS. They are very much alike but Gambari is more subtle and even more dangerous and will substitute the national interests for his own personal interests. I have no doubt about that.

Dapo Fafowora
Former Nigeria Diplomat.

I was about to say that maybe he was hired to betray us more to the globalist when I read this part.

Gambari you will fail.
God has Nigeria at heart because of His children. You can not do anything outside His will in JESUS name, amen!.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by elpochas: 4:00pm On May 13, 2020
Government by the stupid,for the stupid and of the stupid.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Nigeriabiafra80: 4:13pm On May 13, 2020
In few weeks we will know
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by nurex01(m): 4:30pm On May 13, 2020
Let the sleeping dog lies.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by GamalNasser: 4:42pm On May 13, 2020
A very sneaky character he is
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Karlifate: 4:47pm On May 13, 2020
This man should STFU! If he had been appointed as the CoS, he would have accepted without thinking twice.
Besides, in politics, there is neither a permanent friend nor a permanent enemy, ONLY permanent interests.
Tomorrow, he might end up retracting his accusations, just like how OBJ said he will never forgive AA in his book BUT end up endorsing him as a presidential candidate in the 2019 elections.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by LibertyRep: 4:49pm On May 13, 2020
Maybe that's the exact character needed to serve as the CoS.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Pusyiter(m): 5:21pm On May 13, 2020
He who is without sin should cast the first stone. smiley
We all have one way or another fell short of someone's expectation.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by skylarr: 5:34pm On May 13, 2020
This Fafowora has an unforgiving heart. Haba , an incident of how many donkey years ago! You could have confronted him with your facts there and then but no, you had to wait till almost 40 years later to dent his image when he got into a limelight. I fear people o
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by schoolmaster: 5:53pm On May 13, 2020
babasolution:

Bros you sound so pained, have you had an encounter with this man before? Even though his write up are just personal encounter, he is only giving us an antecedent of the man that is expected to work so closely with the Nigeria president. If the things he said about prof Gambari are true, then we have another Kyari in Aso rock again.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by babasolution: 5:58pm On May 13, 2020
schoolmaster:

Bros you sound so pained, have you had an encounter with this man before? Even though his write up are just personal encounter, he is only giving us an antecedent of the man that is expected to work so closely with the Nigeria president. If the things he said about prof Gambari are true, then we have another Kyari in Aso rock again.

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME,BOTH THE ACCUSER AND THE ACCUSED
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Tonitelli: 6:03pm On May 13, 2020
skylarr:
This Fafowora has an unforgiving heart. Haba , an incident of how many donkey years ago! You could have confronted him with your facts there and then but no, you had to wait till almost 40 years later to dent his image when he got into a limelight. I fear people o

So if I understand you well,he is supposed to have good tots of a person he helped push his career forward who then went behind his back and tried to get him into trouble with the then president of Nigeria,and after becoming minister had him removed or basically truncated his diplomatic career??
Becos him be Jesus abi...

1 Like

Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by shedy03(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2020
So, gambari na Islamist.
Islam first, and not naija first type.
Cai.
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 13, 2020
Nonsense. I'm still trying to figure out his crime against Nigeria. The ladder to the top is filled with so many broken relationships and backstabbing. It is business not personal.

What I'm really perplexed about is the rising number of bastard youths in this country today. We don't need old men in power anymore, the next generation of leaders is long overdue.

Imagine Buhari and Gambari who ruled in 1984, still at the helm of affairs today. The American and Chinese equivalent are dead already undecided
Re: Bombshell As Dapo Fafowora, Former Diplomat Exposed Ibrahim Gambari by Bekool(m): 7:13pm On May 13, 2020
Vision2329:
Former diplomat, Dapo Fafowora, has made damning comments circulating on the social media of most universities'groups about President Muhammadu Buhari officially-named Chief of Staff, Professor Ibrahim Gambari.

79 years old Fafowora was Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the United Nations from 1981 to 1984.
He made his comments as soon as speculations of Gambari’s appointment hit the public space and was confirmed by his nephew, the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Zulu Gambari.

Read his comments:
“I know him quite well. I was the one who in 1981 brought him to the UN at his request as a member of the Nigerian delegation".

“He was then a senior lecturer at the ABU. In fact, the late Prof Audu, who was then Foreign Minister actually advised me against inviting him to the UN. But he had strong academic credentials which impressed me. He had obtained his first degree in political science from the LSE, and a doctorate from Colombia University in New York. We were looking for strong delegates to the UN General Assembly and I considered him the kind of delegates we were looking for.

“So I invited him as one of our delegates to the UN General Assembly. He was at the UN in New York with me. I gave him and his wife my city apartment which I was not using free for 3 months plus a car. I liked him and I was not seeking any favours from him.

“After 3 months he returned home and sent me a note thanking me for giving him the first opportunity to visit the UN as a delegate and giving him his first experience at multilateral diplomacy.

“However, he sent President Shagari a secret and private note that while he was at the UN he observed that I had not been attending the meeting of Islamic states at the UN. President Shagari sent the note to Prof Audu who forwarded it to me in New York. He didn’t even ask me for any comments on Gambari’s secret memo as Prof Audu fully understood that Nigeria had traditionally not been attending meetings of the Islamic states as we were not then a member of the Group.

“Gambari asked for a private meeting with President Shagari which Prof Audu advised against. I was shocked that someone I had helped so much turned round to betray me so blatantly. I did not tell him I knew about the secret letter he had sent to the UN. When Shagari was overthrown by Buhari, Gambari became Foreign Minister. When career ambassadors were being suddenly retired I was at first not on the list.

“But Gambari, now FM and Rafindadi, the head of the NSO who had worked under me in London, and was now head of the NSO worked together to secure my retirement. In fact, when I called him from New York to confirm from him news about my retirement he first denied it.
Thereafter, he no longer took my calls.

“In fact, I remained at my post in New York for another 3 months during which the MFA tried to reverse the decision to retire me. I had done absolutely nothing wrong in my entire career in the diplomatic service and only got into trouble for helping a young academic who turned against me to fulfil his own personal ambition.

“Since then, he and I have only met twice in very difficult circumstances. First at a dinner by a mutual friend in New York several years after my retirement. He could barely look directly at me. He was clearly embarrassed.

“Then when Buhari won the elections in 2015 I headed a team that was set up to prepare a paper for him on our Foreign Policy. Subsequently, Alhaji Joda asked him to join the team.

“Last year, he suddenly called me to ask if I would kindly represent him at a public lecture he had agreed to chair. I told him I could not snd that he should look for someone younger. He immediately hung up on me.

“What I have written in this long piece is just some of my personal experience and encounter with him. Everything I have written here is in my memoirs ‘Lest I Forget’ which he has seen and read. It is nothing new.

“But I think it important that the character of our top govt officials should be revealed and not covered up. We have, as a nation, paid dearly for supporting appointments to high office that are often detrimental to our nation. Enough is enough and this has to stop.”

Dapo Fafowora
Former Nigeria Diplomat.

Ffk is no doubt very right about gambari's appointment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun APC Youth League Targets 236,000 New Members / Has It Got To This With Tinubu Supporters ? (photo) / Nigerian NYSC Corps Are Reserved For War - Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.