Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

How To Succeed As A Man In The US - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Succeed As A Man In The US (9577 Views)

Outrage As Police Vehicle Runs Over Handcuffed Man In Edo (Pic) / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by molybdenum0012: 9:31pm On May 16, 2020
pDudd:

Every qualification is better than no qualification. It is a good step.

Hey pDudd .. I am so happy you open this tread. My wife is a US citizen and I will soon start processing my visa to join her.

With Master's degree in health Physics, what is my chance in the US, and if I must get US education, do you think I should start all over again or I should just build on my Nigerian certificates. What career do you think I should break into? Any prospect for a radiation and health physicist?

Thanks
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 16, 2020
molybdenum0012:

Hey pDudd .. I am so happy you open this tread. My wife is a US citizen and I will soon start processing my visa to join her.

With Master's degree in health Physics, what is my chance in the US, and if I must get US education, do you think I should start all over again or I should just build on my Nigerian certificates. What career do you think I should break into? Any prospect for a radiation and health physicist?

Thanks

Let me book this space so I can answer your question.

1 Like

Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 16, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Boss how feasible is working and schooling with 15k school fees and 10k living expenses per year....I just got a masters admission without funding

10k living expense? Sorry bro. It may not be enough. You will need a job to supplement that. What state is the school?
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by dnapstar(m): 11:32pm On May 16, 2020
Goodday.
I was informed that my application for a US Green card has been approved. The application was filled by my mother over 10 years ago. It just got approved in March 2020.
I would like to ask what are my options.
I am currently working as a project manager here in Nigeria, A general contractor. I had my first and second degree in the Philippines(Electronics Engineering Graduate and MBA).

I would like to ask, what is the best way to survive in the US?
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:41pm On May 16, 2020
pDudd:

10k living expense? Sorry bro. It may not be enough. You will need a job to supplement that. What state is the school?
The school is bowling green state university in bowling green Ohio. I got an admitted to masters in computer science(without funding) which will cost 29k per year
I want to know if I can make that from menial work and still going to school
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 16, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

The school is bowling green state university in bowling green Ohio. I got an admitted to masters in computer science(without funding) which will cost 29k per year

Maybe and maybe not. Depends on the type of job you get. If it's a high paying job, maybe. If it isn't, then maybe not.
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Nobody: 12:08am On May 17, 2020
pDudd:

Maybe and maybe not. Depends on the type of job you get. If it's a high paying job, maybe. If it isn't, then maybe not.
Please my question is
What state should one consider when going to US
I mean state that is good, conducive enough & peaceful where one cann easily get a job atleast 2weeks after arrival
I once heard from someone that if you want to freeze to death lol that person should go to Alaska is it true
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Futuragetty: 3:37am On May 17, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Please my question is
What state should one consider when going to the US
I mean a state that is good, conducive enough & peaceful where one can easily get a job at least 2weeks after arrival
I once heard from someone that if you want to freeze to death lol that person should go to Alaska is it true
Most states would meet your standard, and job availability depends on your status. someone on F1 would be struggling to have his SSN I.D ready in 2 weeks, Driving license takes even more time to get esp. in Wisconsin.

1 Like

Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Nobody: 6:01am On May 17, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Please my question is
What state should one consider when going to US
I mean state that is good, conducive enough & peaceful where one cann easily get a job atleast 2weeks after arrival

Jeez. Let me try to answer your question.

Best states to consider as a new transplant: All states except New York and California. Those 2 states are too expensive.

Cold states: Michigan, Alaska, Minnesota, Chicago, Maine.

There is no place with 2 weeks Job guarantee because it all depends on the type of job you are looking for.
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by johnpoko: 6:26am On May 17, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

you can’t.
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Nobody: 7:53am On May 17, 2020
pDudd:

Jeez. Let me try to answer your question.

Best states to consider as a new transplant: All states except New York and California. Those 2 states are too expensive.

Cold states: Michigan, Alaska, Minnesota, Chicago, Maine.

There is no place with 2 weeks Job guarantee because it all depends on the type of job you are looking for.
Ok thanks boss
Why I was saying two weeks job on arrival was because my mom's friend went there around 2018 and after getting there she found a job not less than two weeks
And she told my mom that they pay her 200K of our money here when converted
But although it's a daycare work
I think a cleaner in a daycare school
But who knows she might be lucky
And they are in New Jersey
My mom was even saying it in youruba that,
US is good O someone that reach there in two weeks

I pray I come there one day cause I heard they don't use to take light over there ,,here they took light around 5:30am and it was as if they assigned the mosquito of the whole street to our house
Funniest thing our mosquito here for niaja no longer suck blood again
They've upgrade they eat flesh too mosquito wey look like the smallest finger of my hand
Omo I dey come that US O Walai make God help me m tired of this poo-hole
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:05am On May 17, 2020
pDudd:

johnpoko:
you can’t.

Please what is the way forward....
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by flyingpig: 8:16am On May 17, 2020
johnpoko:
you can’t.

Bro are you in the US?

Please i need special direction on my immigration plans, just advice on the path to take.

Don't know if you don't mind when I pm.
Just want to be private with my details.

2 Likes

Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Mcslize: 8:38am On May 17, 2020
tardell007:
I'm done with school,I'll be coming to live with my spouse a u.s citizen. for a foreign trained dentist to practice in the u.s he or she has to go back to a dental school in u.s for 2years to be licensed to practice.

Why not just man up and do the two years and leave well there after. Two years is not such a long period of time. When you begin, before you know it, you are done. By the well. Dentists are well paid once they start working.

1 Like

Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by molybdenum0012: 11:46am On May 17, 2020
pDudd:

Let me book this space so I can answer your question.

Patiently waiting for your thought on this.
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by johnpoko: 3:43pm On May 17, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Please what is the way forward....
I don’t think you will be allowed to work full time with a study visa. I think it’s 20 hours per week. I have friends here with study visa, they are allowed to work part time not full time. If your coming here for masters you have to prove you can ph your full tuition, if you get here and owe tuition or fees your school will contact USCIS and you’ll be deported. So my advise is that you have enough money for full tuition before getting here, as for work you can do part time, if u wanna do full tome it has to be an under the table job. I stand to be corrected, all these over sabi people please don’t come for me with insults
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by johnpoko: 3:45pm On May 17, 2020
flyingpig:

Bro are you in the US?

Please i need special direction on my immigration plans, just advice on the path to take.

Don't know if you don't mind when I pm.
Just want to be private with my details.
Yes I’m in the US, working full time and schooling part time to get a nursing degree, ask any question and I’ll respond.
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by flyingpig: 3:51pm On May 17, 2020
johnpoko:
Yes I’m in the US, working full time and schooling part time to get a nursing degree, ask any question and I’ll respond.

Thank you. Please graciously respond to your PM.

I will ask my question there.

2 Likes

Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:56pm On May 17, 2020
johnpoko:
I don’t think you will be allowed to work full time with a study visa. I think it’s 20 hours per week. I have friends here with study visa, they are allowed to work part time not full time. If your coming here for masters you have to prove you can ph your full tuition, if you get here and owe tuition or fees your school will contact USCIS and you’ll be deported. So my advise is that you have enough money for full tuition before getting here, as for work you can do part time, if u wanna do full tome it has to be an under the table job. I stand to be corrected, all these over sabi people please don’t come for me with insults

Thanks for the advice
Is it possible to get a loan and be paying back gradually

My school allow installmental payment of 5k per each semester, so I'm thinking of paying each semester with money I'll makes from working

How possible is that
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by johnpoko: 4:45pm On May 17, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Thanks for the advice
Is it possible to get a loan and be paying back gradually

My school allow installmental payment of 5k per each semester, so I'm thinking of paying each semester with money I'll makes from working

How possible is that
International students don’t qualify for student loans. To qualify for student loans you need to be an Asylee/refugee, green card holder or citizen
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by auschris: 5:08pm On May 17, 2020
NP na nurse na
pDudd:

NP
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by olioxx(m): 6:12pm On May 17, 2020
REDBULL1:

Me too. I'm doing python and Django. Back-end.
Hey dude I am also doing full stack and I use Django.
If you do find any bid on these freelance site.
I use Fiverr more often than not. But I am open to other sites as well.
Hala me
My email
olotua11@gmail.com
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by horlahsunbo225(m): 6:17pm On May 17, 2020
johnpoko:
International students don’t qualify for student loans. To qualify for student loans you need to be an Asylee/refugee, green card holder or citizen
Thanks
Re: How To Succeed As A Man In The US by Johnwick64: 6:42pm On May 17, 2020
hey pls am planning on getting Visa,then join the U.S Navy and spend like 4 years before returning to Nigeria..is their salary structure good for me to still have enough to save for when am coming back to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Universities That Accept £1000 Tuition Deposit For M.Sc. Programmes / 70's And 80's : Nigeria Was Among The Top 20 Choice Destinations / Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.