Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? (1331 Views)

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) / UK Tier 2 And 5 Visa For Skilled Persons Explained (with Links) / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 5:24pm On May 13, 2020
Do Nigerians apply for this category of US Visa.

https://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

This visa type is meant for upper middle income family or investor that are wiling to invest in america in exchange for a green card, let say it the easiest way of getting a green card.

Do Nigerians apply for this visa type at all ??
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:22am On May 15, 2020
shegzhkn:
Do Nigerians apply for this category of US Visa.

https://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

This visa type is meant for upper middle income family or investor that are wiling to invest in america in exchange for a green card, let say it the easiest way of getting a green card.

Do Nigerians apply for this visa type at all ??
Most wealthy Nigerians are likely to enjoy their money in Nigeria as the cost of living here is lower than USA. I won't be surprised if no Nigerians have done it. The more people got and grown, they might value money more than green card.
IDK if there is a stat of countries applying for such, otherwise I'll drop it here. What is your take
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 10:20am On May 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Most wealthy Nigerians are likely to enjoy their money in Nigeria as the cost of living here is lower than USA. I won't be surprised if no Nigerians have done it. The more people got and grown, they might value money more than green card.
IDK if there is a stat of countries applying for such, otherwise I'll drop it here. What is your take

Needless to say it the Chinese because it easier for them to lay their hand on that kind of money (900k USD) and because of the economic atmosphere of the US unlike Communist china.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:09am On May 15, 2020
shegzhkn:

Needless to say it the Chinese because it easier for them to lay their hand on that kind of money (900k USD) and because of the economic atmosphere of the US unlike Communist china.
about 1M USD for EB-5 that figure is discouraging to many
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Thebody: 12:51pm On May 15, 2020
Majority of our politicians must have taking this route. Reason why you don't often see them at the embassy applying for visa. This is their easy way out, should the country get too messy for them. But for the time being they will continue to live and enjoy their lives while they have greencard status in the US and permanent residency in other develop nations. Their kids are all on this visa category, they don't apply for students visa either.
Stephenmoka4:

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 3:37pm On May 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

You must be solid financially before you can even think about taking such step and since most Nigerians move to distant shores to seek for better life, i suppose they don't apply for such.

Rich Nigerian folks who need to change their location will be my best bet or business savvy individual whose idea can survive the competition in america if their is any.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 3:42pm On May 15, 2020
Thebody:
Majority of our politicians must have taking this route. Reason why you don't often see them at the embassy applying for visa. This is their easy way out, should the country get too messy for them. But for the time being they will continue to live and enjoy their lives while they have greencard status in the US and permanent residency in other develop nations. Their kids are all on this visa category, they don't apply for students visa either.

You got it, only Politicians and few individual possess the financial requirements.

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2020
Thebody:
And this is the category most countries loves;
I somewhat agree with you on your take, what is really affecting us is the value of the currency and the ratio of the availability of money here.
If 1 USD is N150, Nigerians will try to get 1.5M NGN for $10,000, now it's about N450 Nigerians will have to triple their efforts. It's not like USD increase, salaries increase. The top guys controlling the country do not understand this.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:46pm On May 15, 2020
shegzhkn:

You must be solid financially before you can even think about taking such step and since most Nigerians move to distant shores to seek for better life, i suppose they don't apply for such.

Rich Nigerian folks who need to change their location will be my best bet or business savvy individual whose idea can survive the competition in america if their is any.
This option is a tough one, I think it's even capped yearly or so. There are other cheaper method than this sha
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 7:09pm On May 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
This option is a tough one, I think it's even capped yearly or so. There are other cheaper method than this sha

Yeah it capped but yea their is one for business men, i think you just invest like 200k USD in the United States and you get a visa but EB-5 can make you a US citizen.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 15, 2020
shegzhkn:

But it's was $500K before
Has it been increased cry
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 8:40pm On May 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

But it's was $500K before
Has it been increased cry

Lol, yea bro it was effected last year Nov. , you can check the state website.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by JohnNU(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Nigeria ranks the highest in Africa for countries applying for EB-5 visa category.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
JohnNU:
Nigeria ranks the highest in Africa for countries applying for EB-5 visa category.

Lol, who are those applying for this type of visa ??
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by JohnNU(m): 5:29am On Sep 22, 2020
shegzhkn:

Lol, who are those applying for this type of visa ??
Source, Wikipedia. Go check it out.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2020
JohnNU:

Source, Wikipedia. Go check it out.

EB-5 visa has a 10K limit annually and most of that visa type is popular among citizens of advanced economy like China, South Korea, Singapore, etc.

900K USD ain't that kind of cash anyone can just get their hands on and risk it on investment like that, even your so called rich politicians.

This visa category is what i am planning to apply for, i did my homework and i know what I'm saying.

Gimme the link to your source to remove all doubt.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Cousin9999: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2020
shegzhkn:

Needless to say it the Chinese because it easier for them to lay their hand on that kind of money (900k USD)

Through crime

Most of the Chinese investors and rich "businessmen" are criminals.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by Cousin9999: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2020
shegzhkn:

EB-5 visa has a 10K limit annually and most of that visa type is popular among citizens of advanced economy like China, South Korea

Most of them are criminals.
Re: Do Nigerians Apply For EB- 5 Visa ? by shegzhkn: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2020
Cousin9999:

Through crime

Most of the Chinese investors and rich "businessmen" are criminals.

Really ?? cos the united states will have to do their homework on the sources of the fund, can you corroborate your claim with evidence ?

(1) (Reply)

Country To Relocate To With 6 Million Naira / Tourist Guide Within Dalian Of Liaoning Province,china. / Us Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.