Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

NoBody Can Pluck You Away, But You Can Choose To Walk Away By Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NoBody Can Pluck You Away, But You Can Choose To Walk Away By Yourself (284 Views)

Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / Branches Are Not Sticks : Why God Will Never Cast You Away - Paul Ellis / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NoBody Can Pluck You Away, But You Can Choose To Walk Away By Yourself by davidinchrist(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2020
While it's true that NO ONE can pluck a Believer away from God according to John 10:28, yet WE OURSELVES CAN CHOOSE TO WALK AWAY or Stop Obeying/Abiding in Jesus, and still end up in Hell.

Moreover, Jesus won't get anybody by the scruff of the NECK and say, "Hey, Common On! Don't go to Hell!"

No, he won't.

God won't overrule our FREE WILL, otherwise we'll become something like Programmed ROBOTS.

We must seek to be balanced to avoid false teachings.

Please, see some (if not ALL) of these Bible verses down below, "IF" you don't mind:

Matthew 19:22 KJV
But when the young man heard that saying, he WENT AWAY sorrowful: for he had GREAT "possessions".

Matthew 8:21-22 KJV
And another of his "disciples" said unto him, Lord, suffer me FIRST to go and bury my father.

[22] But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their DEAD.

John 15:6 KJV
If a man ABIDE NOT in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them INTO THE FIRE, and they are BURNED.

Matthew 7:19-20 KJV
Every TREE that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast INTO THE FIRE.

Luke 8:13 KJV
They on the rock are they , which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have NO ROOT which for a while believe, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

1 Corinthians 10:12 KJV
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he FALL.

Hebrews 6:6 KJV
If they shall FALL AWAY, to "renew" them again unto "repentance"; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an OPEN shame.

Luke 9:62 KJV
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to THE plough, and LOOKING BACK, is fit FOR the kingdom of God.

Jude 1:23 KJV
And others save with FEAR, pulling them out of the FIRE; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Romans 8:13 KJV
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall DIE: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall LIVE.

1 Peter 4:18 KJV
And if THE RIGHTEOUS SCARCELY be saved, WHERE shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Luke 13:24 KJV
Strive to ENTER IN at the strait gate: FOR MANY, I say unto you, WILL SEEK to enter in, and SHALL NOT be able.

Matthew 11:12 KJV
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth VIOLENCE and the VIOLENT take it BY FORCE.

Hebrews 12:17 KJV
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found NO PLACE of REPENTANCE, though he sought it "carefully" WITH TEARS.

Hebrews 10:38-39 KJV
Now the just shall live by faith: BUT IF any man DRAW BACK, my soul shall have NO PLEASURE in him.

[39] But we are NOT of them who DRAW BACK unto PERDITION; but of them that believe ON the saving of the soul.

LASTLY:

John 6:66-67 KJV
From that time MANY of his disciples WENT AWAY, and walked NO MORE with Him.

[67] Then said Jesus unto the TWELVE, Will ye also GO AWAY?

We need to understand this properly so as not lead ourselves and others ASTRAY.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: NoBody Can Pluck You Away, But You Can Choose To Walk Away By Yourself by davidinchrist(m): 8:45am On May 14, 2020
1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have PREACHED to others, I myself should be a CASTAWAY.

2 Peter 2:15 KJV
Which have FORSAKEN the right way, and are gone ASTRAY, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who LOVED the wages of unrighteousness;
Re: NoBody Can Pluck You Away, But You Can Choose To Walk Away By Yourself by davidinchrist(m): 8:25pm On May 14, 2020
15 They have wandered off the right road and followed the footsteps of Balaam son of Beor, who loved to earn money by doing wrong.
2 Peter 2:15 NLT
Re: NoBody Can Pluck You Away, But You Can Choose To Walk Away By Yourself by davidinchrist(m): 5:08pm On May 15, 2020
Galatians 6:9 KJV
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, IF WE FAINT NOT.
Re: NoBody Can Pluck You Away, But You Can Choose To Walk Away By Yourself by davidinchrist(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2020
Judges 10:13-14 KJV
Yet ye have FORSAKEN me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more.

[14] Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.

(1) (Reply)

Proclaim Your Miracles With These Powerful Prayer Points. / Primate Ayodele Calls For Intense Prayer For Tayo Amusan, Abiola Ajimobi / 6 Crazy Stories That Got Cut From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.