Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote (66872 Views)

Coronavirus: Lagos Lockdown Not Effective Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa Says / Covid-19: Lagos Lockdown Day 4 In Pictures / 2018 Osun Decides :cast Your Online Vote. Which Party Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Farki: 9:01am On May 14, 2020
dederocs:

Get your facts right, stop lying here, about 90% of infected Covid patients survive, you people should stop using false information as basis of your information...do you know that depression, anxiety, hunger kills more...talk with sense, many things kill a man and most arise from hunger and malnutrition, boost your immune system, or stay indoors if you cant wear mask.

Think about you and your family.

I said chances of survival after requiring ventilation is 50/50 read properly before you criticise someone.

If more people die from suicide than terrorism does that mean terrorism isn't a problem?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Luckydubby7(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2020
Farki:

I said chances of survival after requiring ventilation is 50/50 read properly before you criticise someone.

If more people die from suicide than terrorism does that mean terrorism isn't a problem?
. No single patient in Nigeria is using ventilation.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by luminouz(m): 9:08am On May 14, 2020
maiyee:

West, Nigeria.

Cool...ondo/osun?
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Farki: 9:14am On May 14, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. No single patient in Nigeria is using ventilation.

So the ones that died what happened to them? Are you working in the treatment centres around the world simultaneously?
https://www.nairaland.com/5836987/video-shows-covid-19-patient-begging
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by dederocs(m): 9:25am On May 14, 2020
Farki:

Does that mean we should blow up our building while trying to catch a thief...our response should be proportionate, we are acting like its only Coro that kills, lot of things kill a man, living a good life with good nutrition is key, this lockdown causes mass hunger, it destroys more than Coro...anybody that is careless has themselves to blame, that is why we are humans, it means we can think, be reasonable and prevent ourselves from harm if we can...i repeat the hypocrisy is annoying, the government dont care if the people die from hunger, depression, violence etc, as long as its not from Coro, i say they are playing to the gallery. Lets look at the big picture and the numbers, 90% of those infected survives, and everyone can protect themselves via mask and social distancing, why destroy a whole nation cause of a careless few?

Those afraid to come out, or who can not wear mask stay inside, those who have no job to do and like watching tv all day, please stay inside, so the industrious ones drive the economy.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Ryocaj(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2020
Muyiwaipere:
Who are those voting ?..Ejo ema je ka shoribu o

Wey dem cut my salary by 50%
U still dey collect salary.. we no go work since.. n no pay.. we r to resume in June..
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Playermayweda(m): 9:35am On May 14, 2020
See it's people that have money that will vote for lockdown, inconsiderate people thinking about themselves only,A twitter poll is not the best as people who don't have money will not be on social media
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Luckydubby7(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2020
Farki:

So the ones that died what happened to them? Are you working in the treatment centres around the world simultaneously?
https://www.nairaland.com/5836987/video-shows-covid-19-patient-begging
Take a look at your source OYOGist.com.The evacuees questioned the commissioner for telling the press on Tuesday that one of them died of COVID-19.

They said it was government neglect that led to the death of the evacuee.

Speaking with The PUNCH, one of the returnees said, “The Lagos Health Commissioner came to visit us and we challenged him for saying that one of us died yesterday. What happened was that one of us had surgery in Dubai and he returned in a wheelchair.

“Instead of taking him to a hospital because he was in critical condition, they decided to keep him in the isolation centre with us for two days and his condition got worse. He was then taken to a hospital where he eventually died. But the commissioner told the public that it was COVID-19 that killed him.

“When we challenged the commissioner, he said he was misquoted by the media. We brought out our phones and told him to say it while we record, but he refused.”
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by pryme(m): 10:09am On May 14, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

Why are the masses reproducing at such an alarming rate? Leave them to die ja re.

In other words, population control abi?
Are you part of the NWO?
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by BestTruth101(m): 10:38am On May 14, 2020
Seun:
Salary earners who have not lost their jobs yet, single people who work online, essential workers, etc, will vote yes. Most others would vote no.

A lockdown is the most brainless way to fight the Coronavirus. Our leaders need to use their wits and imagination to figure out better, smarter ways.

We cannot afford to wreck the economy by locking it down. If we wreck the economy then where will we get the money needed to fight the virus?

Yet, we cannot afford to allow lots of people to get sick and be killed by the virus. The fear of being infected is enough to wreck the economy.

The only way forward is to use face-masks and enforce science-based infection minimization rules to protect lives and also protect the economy.

It is crucial to understand that, as a poor country with a large population, we don’t have the luxury of choosing between saving lives and saving the economy. We must get people back to work, and we must keep them safe.
Best Truth
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Joystark(f): 10:51am On May 14, 2020
Reference:

You're living in fantasy land. I tell you, if this country implodes there will not be enough policemen and soldiers to prevent anarchy. You will look for a rock to hide under and find none.

The goverment supported Covid 19 battle is long lost. The only thing left is to transfer liability to the citizens the same way ebola and HIV was handled. Manage the crises on the streets. The higher the death count the better citizen compliance will be until the figures stabilize.

I don't know about HIV, but I think Ebola was handled way better than the whole Corona situation, especially in Nigeria.

That said, "the higher the death count" sounds awful.
This is because, even those who comply, could still catch it.

Either way, this isn't looking good.
If a cure isn't found soon, Melinda Gates' prophesy might just come true.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by pryme(m): 10:58am On May 14, 2020
sonnie10:

This is an emerging disease and we have to thread carefully. Let’s not throw the baby away with the water in the tub. It is a frustrating and disappointing situation to be in for many, however we must not drop our guides. There have been several instances of new outbreaks in places that opened too early. Examples include Wahun China, South Korea and Germany.
Remember a few of the initial myths about this virus that have been naturally debunked? it can’t survive in African, it can’t affect black people, it can’t affect young people etc.
Some of the concerns regarding this novel disease is that not a lot is known about its nature. Scientists are still struggling with undestanding and are learning the disease process.
Just of recent did we learned that assymptomatic people could transmit the virus.
Just of recent did we learned that even after treatment, people could be reinfected.
Just of recent did did we learned that children are showing signs of syndrome that might be related to the virus
Just of recent did we learn that it can survive on a surface for about three days.
There is no prove yet that people would acquire immunity after being cured of the virus.
So, we can’t afford to throw caution in the wind, because of what to eat because only the living do eat.

Covid 19 can never kill every body, but trust me hunger will.
You guys should learn to equate the risk and the reward and stop being emotional.
In some countries over 90% of people are asymptomatic to this virus, no country on this planet has such high immunity to starvation and hunger.

We are even lucky to find out in record time who are vulnerable to this virus, instead of zeroing in on this target on how to protect the vulnerable we shut down everything.
That is being scared and lazy,
Its funny you did not find out how many deaths we have in Sweden, and South Dakota, these people never shut down, compare their death toll to Spain and Italy that shut down.

This virus does not kill everybody it lays its hands on, so does it make sense to lockdown everyone?
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by pryme(m): 11:04am On May 14, 2020
Seun:

Name 3 of those countries so that we can discuss the reasons why their cases increased and whether or not it was worth it to relax their lockdowns.

Sweden never lockdown, why the mainstream media is not looking into their model simply points out that there is something sinister going on.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by cyndylove64(f): 11:13am On May 14, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Kudos to Lagos government for seeking people's ideas.
most of the people voting for another lockdown don't even resides in lagos
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by FlordFlorez(m): 11:49am On May 14, 2020
cyndylove64:
most of the people voting for another lockdown don't even resides in lagos
thats a valid point anyway.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by FlordFlorez(m): 12:02pm On May 14, 2020
Brunicekid:
They should have seeked not just ideas on online basis. Many of the "poor people" don't have the exquisite privilege of being active online.
many, yes but very few are represented and thats enough sample.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Volunteer29(m): 12:44pm On May 14, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-lagos-subjects-fresh-lockdown-to-online-vote/
The majority that would have said NO to this vote are unfortunately not using or having access to social media. Hunger has killed more than the virus itself. Until a vaccine is discovered, let's consider those who survive on daily bread/hand to mouth.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by lordthree(m): 12:54pm On May 14, 2020
Kobicove:

How does one vote?
On twitter
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Tboy1419: 2:49pm On May 14, 2020
fatymore:
No lock down again biko....

I need to get married please
. Poor man or rich man, let me make a request, thanks. grin grin grin grin ; grin
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by TheCork(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2020
angelEmade:

I did not like this post because it was the owner of NL himself that wrote it but i liked it because he is speaking the mind of most Nigerians.

Please let me sleep wot u an I will pay u 1000naira cash an all so buy u a cow. Deal?
Please was your nomba please? smiley
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Brunicekid(m): 3:58pm On May 14, 2020
FlordFlorez:
many, yes but very few are represented and thats enough sample.
Few is enough? You must be whyning yourself!!!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by angelEmade: 5:13pm On May 14, 2020
TheCork:

Please let me sleep wot u an I will pay u 1000naira cash an all so buy u a cow. Deal?
Please was your nomba please? smiley
except you have a 35cm dick please forget it.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by murmee: 5:37pm On May 14, 2020
jericco1:
I was surprised that people voted for the lockdown to be reinstated undecided
My dear, they are salary earners who enjoy staying at home and still earn their salaries every month!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by FlordFlorez(m): 5:53pm On May 14, 2020
Brunicekid:
Few is enough? You must be whyning yourself!!!
ok.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by jericco1(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2020
murmee:
My dear, they are salary earners who enjoy staying at home and still earn their salaries every month!

Just imagine but it is unfair.. it is only human if they put themselves in the shoes of those that work on daily basis
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by murmee: 6:06pm On May 14, 2020
idtwo:
[/color]"The economy my foot"---- you said.
You seem NOT to be aware of how hard life is for many Nigerians. Which govt will revive your personal economy when it goes under? Which govt will pay your bills, cater for your loved ones and put food on your table? Which govt? Yet you said govt will revive the economy? The economy that matters most when the chips are down is your own personal economy.
The Lockdown is NOT a solution, it is taking away people's livelihood, ruining lives and making other equally important & serious health challenges to be ignored. Isn't it clear with what we have seen after the last one, that lockdown is NOT a solution for our own situation.

[
You also talk about the economy! Awww what a kind way to show how much you love the economy, ECONOMY MY FOOT! T
The economy u love so much is being manhandled by the ruling elits who plunder and loot from the proceeds of the economy, while the poor man on the street is left to die!

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHE THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENTEven theKNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY[color=#990000]
Even the Governor himself keeps saying that Coronavirus infection is not a death sentence. The chances of survival is so much higher than death. The problem here in Nigeria is that every illness and every death is now tied to the Virus. If there was no Coronavirus, people will still get sick and people will die of one ailment or another!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Brunicekid(m): 7:50pm On May 14, 2020
FlordFlorez:
ok.
ok then.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 14, 2020
IamPlato:
so I Guess You Saw The Virus Entering People Physically.

Sometimes Just Remain Quiet
bro.... seun doesn't pay people for comments lol. If u like support him ignorantly shishi no go reach ur side
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by ChevKing(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2020
Madness.
This is passing the buck.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by IamPlato(m): 12:02pm On May 15, 2020
Kallmerb:
bro.... seun doesn't pay people for comments lol. If u like support him ignorantly shishi no go reach ur side
dont be foolish...
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by VaselineCrew: 12:18pm On May 15, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

So that you can start issuing ban anyhow bah? God no go give you do wallai grin

Lol, hilarious

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DSS, Police, Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho — FFK (Video) / Fatai Owoseni Controls Traffic In Ikorodu (Photos) / Unknown Gunmen's Car Spoils On The Road In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.