Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle (797 Views)

Satanist Leader Abandons Luciferian Church He Founded After Becomin A Christian / Oyedepo, The Media And The Power Of Irresponsible Journalism / PHOTOS: 62-year-old Homeless Man Abandoned By Cele Church, Sleeps On His Excrete (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by diasporaman(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2020
The defender of the body of Christ in Nigeria, Obiwest Utchaychukwu aka The Media Apostle took to his Facebook to narrate how a Nigerian man abandoned the church he founded in Damascus Syria

Below is what he posted

My experience at a Pentecostal Church in Damascus, Syria ��

I visited the Middle East for the first time in 2004, that's about 16 years ago. I started my journey from Egypt, then Jordan, Syria and I rounded it up with Lebanon. During the trip, I visited almost all the important places including Al-Maghtas in Jordan, the very spot where Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptist.

I remember eating unleavened bread with kidney beans at the "Straight Road" in Syria, the very place where Apostle Paul was converted. I was also at Sayyidah Zaynab Mosque, a beautiful Mosque built in honour of the granddaughter of Prophet Muhammad. In all, it was a memorable experience.

During my stint in Damascus, I needed to fellowship with a Pentecostal church from Africa. After several calls from my guide, we discovered one, it was the only Pentecostal church where you'll find Africans.

I got to the church and I met African Christian brothers and sisters worshiping God in a predominant Muslim country where Christians are persecuted. The majority of the members of the church are from South Sudan.

At the close of service, I asked the man who officiated if he is the pastor and he said no. During our discussion, I got to know that the founder of the church is a Nigerian, an Igbo guy who travelled to Syria to hustle, and along the line, he was led to open a church which became the first African church in Damascus. But the guy abandoned the church and relocated to Turkey in a bid to get to Western Europe.

The church then was in dire need of a shepherd. Unfortunately, the supposed shepherd like Demas in the Bible abandoned his assignment for the cares of this world.

The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few. God is looking for a man who will stand in the gap, are you ready?

Follow me on Instagram: The Media Apostle

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3643327375726591&id=100001480944261

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by NwaNimo1(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2020
bad market...
Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by mujahid777(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2020
The ipob man answered to the call of his pocket first

2 Likes

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by SeverusSnape(m): 9:53pm On May 13, 2020
mujahid777:
The ipob man answered to the call of his pocket first
Not that alone, His life was at stake.

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:59pm On May 13, 2020
Just watch how this thread will soon turn into a tribal war. One zombie has started it already up there.

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by FlordFlorez(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2020
He Igbo man really tried. Is not easy to take the gospel to muslim dominated country where they have been procecuting christians.

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by mujahid777(m): 10:25pm On May 13, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Not that alone, His life was at stake.
I read no such thing there undecided

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by EzeNdiAra: 11:02pm On May 13, 2020
FlordFlorez:
He Igbo man really tried. Is not easy to take the gospel to muslim dominated country where they have been procecuting christians.

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by Susu888(m): 4:04am On May 14, 2020
[quote author=diasporaman post=89518219]The defender of the body of Christ in Nigeria, Obiwest Utchaychukwu aka The Media Apostle took to his Facebook to narrate how a Nigerian man abandoned the church he founded in Damascus Syria

@ O.p why Bolden the name though? grin

On another note: shepherd man wan upgrade ... he wants his tithes in dollars not Syrian pounds.
I no blame him sha, when you're on the ladder of money na only upstairs you wan they climb not downstairs.

Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by helinues: 4:22am On May 14, 2020
Syria war zone? undecided
Re: How A Nigerian Man Abandoned The Church He Founded In Syria- The Media Apostle by ogbuefi677(m): 5:16am On May 14, 2020
mujahid777:

I read no such thing there undecided
You are d terrorist he was running from.
Your moniker says it all already.

(1) (Reply)

The Question you should be asking! / Again,freeze Challenges All Nigerian Pastors To A Debate that christ is lucifer / I Made Money From Crypto To Build My Nbillion 80,000 Capacity Church - Iginla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.