Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? (729 Views)

My Experience With "holy ghost school"- demons/familiar spirit as fake jesus etc / Though I Walk Thru The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil / I Walk Into Any Deeperlife On Mondays 7pm. Their Network Study Has Changed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
If you have believed in Jesus christ as your saviour, you are urged to walk in the spirit, herein lies our victory over sin, Satan and the world.

However, how can a Christian walk in the spirit?

We are told to walk in the spirit. Gal 5 vv16

Put on the new man.Ephesians 4 vv24.

Put on the Lord Jesus. Rom 13vv14

as we see the day approaching. Hebrews 10vv25

We are not children of darkness 1 thessolonians 5vv5

Neither are we children of disobedience. Ephesians 2vv2.

The world is going wild in all manner of profanity and lewdness. There is increase in lawlessness, adultery, murder, hatred, witchcraft, God hating, pleasure seeking, partying (banqueting) or clubbing, pride, boasting of worldly achievements and of the flesh, disobedience to parents, incontinence, insatiable desires, love of money, fornication, kidnapping, all absurdities.

The flesh on the other hand is seeking things contrary to the spirit.

The devil, on one side is moving about like a roaring lion seeking for whom to devour.

If we must overcome the flesh then we must walk in the spirit, don't just be in the spirit which is a state of being in christ Jesus but we must actively live as children of God, different from the world.

Shallow!
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Solofresh2: 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
Are you a spirit?
If no,why should you walk in the spirit?
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
Read ur bible everyday.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Countersam(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2021
Steep:
If you have believed in Jesus christ as your saviour, you are urged to walk in the spirit, herein lies our victory over sin, Satan and the world.

The world is going wild in all manner of profanity and lewdness. There is increase in lawlessness, adultery, murder, hatred, witchcraft, God hating, pleasure seeking, partying (banqueting) or clubbing, pride, boasting of worldly achievements and of the flesh, disobedience to parents, incontinence, insatiable desires, love of money, fornication, kidnapping, all absurdities.

The devil, on one side is moving about like a roaring lion seeking for whom to devour.

If we must overcome the flesh then we must walk in the spirit, don't just be in the spirit which is a state of being in christ Jesus but we must actively live as children of God, different from the world.

Shallow!
Live by the fruits of the spirit.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Solofresh2:
Are you a spirit?

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
Countersam:

Live by the fruits of the spirit.
The fruit of the spirit is the product of walking in the spirit.
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Solofresh2: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
Steep:

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
So what should that tell you?
You are born of the flesh so you are of the flesh
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
When you know you are born of God then you should quit walking in the flesh.

Look, this is by identity, there are two kingdoms, the kingdom of Jesus christ and the kingdom of darkness.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2021
Solofresh2:
So what should that tell you?
You are born of the flesh so you are of the flesh
yes I was born of the flesh but I died and was reborn by the Spirit.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Ayo081(m): 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2021
Steep:

The fruit of the spirit is the product of walking in the spirit.

You didn't provide an answer in your OP undecided
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2021
Imagine, a man lived all his life ignornat of the life of God, he lived for the flesh and by the flesh being controlled by the spirit of the air.
What a tragedy
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ayo081:

You didn't provide an answer in your OP undecided
yes I did.
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
@bolded is the answer to walk in the spirit, mind you before you can walk in the spirit you must first of all being in the spirit.
That means you must be born again, now this is where many people failed.
Jesus said if you are of the flesh you will live like the flesh, but if you are born of the Spirit you will be in spirit by nature.
Because many people never really heard or understood the gospel or never really believed the gospel they are not born again even when they assumed to be.

Steep:

Shallow!
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Ayo081(m): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
Steep:
yes I did.
Please quote it
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Solofresh2: 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
Steep:
yes I was born of the flesh but I died and was reborn by the Spirit.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
You are confusing your self here.You died and you are reborn by the spirit?
If at all you really died,then you shouldn't be here asking questions.
And you can't tell me you are reborn by the spirit and still living in human flesh.As far as you are human,then you are of the flesh
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
The Gospel require you to do nothing other than to believe it.
It is through faith you get regenerated into a new man.
My testimony
I became born again by listening the gospel, for many years I never understood the gospel but I was fascinated with Jesus words, and his person, he was so different from others.

I believed Jesus was divine and perhaps the Son of God but I didn't understand,
I battled with understanding how Jesus could be the only begotten son of God since God is not a human, later I came this relationship is beyond human, it is divine, and Again the thought of Jesus being God and separate from the father, this I battled for so many years.
Until...
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Many, people think about many part of life and are so much carried away with it, but do you know these things will fade away, we will live them behind some day.

I opened a thread called the atheist challenge some days ago. That thread is just to highlight the emptiness of human glory. I never meant to mock atheist but just to show that atheism is a dead end.

Many people claim they know God but they live like atheists, they live like God doesn't exist just their business, their marriage, their education and do not give serious thought to the divine God who is eternal.
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2021
Eternal manners is what taking serious, it is not just a religious/theological exercise it is much more than that.

When Jesus said he give eternal life to those who believe him, I believed he was divine but for so many years I kept toiling to make myself righteous enough to gain eternal life.

I considered the writings of Paul such a big mystery that can never be understood, until..
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2021
I realized that righteousness is something that I can never attain, this was a gloom and a condemnation, since I knew that the unrighteous will never enter into God's kingdom.
Still typing...
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
It struck me, that I have being reading Jesus saying he gives eternal life to all who believes in him, how can Jesus give eternal life without giving righteousness?
This right here settled all my quest to achieve righteousness, the sacrifice of Jesus became meaningful because my sins must be paid for so he can give me his righteousness not mine,
And because he gave me his righteousness he gave me eternal life all at no cost on my side.
It was then I understood Paul, I understood, Mathew, Luke, John, the prophets men that day was the best day of my life.

I knew that since I trusted in Jesus I am now born gain, God's character, his divine nature is in me.
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
So, when Paul wrote walk in the spirit he was instigating me to walk according to the character of God in me, that is what he meant in wall out your own salvation. For me, living right is based on nature or identity no longer base on laws to achieve righteousness.

I needed to live holy because I am holy already.
This my friend is what it means to walk in the spirit.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
God was in christ reconciling men to himself not condemning them.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Merry Christmas
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
With 4 different accounts of The Resurrection in the 4 gospels which were led by the Spirit, the BIG question now is whether you still want to walk in this Spirit or wait for the coming Messiah GOD has promised, that will only come once and rule this world.

In Matthew: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary saw an angel.
In Mark: Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome saw a young man.
In Luke: The women saw 2 men.
In John: [Notice there was no angel or young man. Here it was just Mary Magdalene, Peter and the other disciple]
"Mary Magdalene went to the tomb". "So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple". "Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb". "The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen". "Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside". "Then the disciples went back to where they were staying"
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
Walking in SPIRIT simply means worship that is like wireless communication connecting people of all races under one umbrella {John 4:24} so that they have the same line of thought throughout the earth! John 17:22 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10
So if you're walking in SPIRIT once you get to a place people will notice how you do thing and without saying a word or display of any act they will tell the group you belong to! Act 11:26 smiley
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Steep(m): 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
MindHacker9000:
With 4 different accounts of The Resurrection in the 4 gospels which were led by the Spirit, the BIG question now is whether you still want to walk in this Spirit or wait for the coming Messiah GOD has promised, that will only come once and rule this world.

In Matthew: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary saw an angel.
In Mark: Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome saw a young man.
In Luke: The women saw 2 men.
In John: [Notice there was no angel or young man. Here it was just Mary Magdalene, Peter and the other disciple]
"Mary Magdalene went to the tomb". "So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple". "Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb". "The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen". "Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside". "Then the disciples went back to where they were staying"
Difference in account does not mean the accounts are false, just different aspect of same account. In fact it makes it very genuine.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by elated177: 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So if you're walking in SPIRIT once you get to a place people will notice how you do thing and without saying a word or display of any act they will tell the group you belong to! Act 11:26 smiley

Maxindhouse, seriously?
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
elated177:

Maxindhouse, seriously?

Do i know you? undecided
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
Solofresh2:
Are you a spirit?
Human beings are born as flesh and blood obly from their mother's womb- physical birth. Jesus Christ informed us of this when He taught us that when we become born again, we also receive a birth of the spirit kind - a new spirit is installed in us by God - John 3 vs 1 - 8. . The new spirit you acquire when you are born-again bestows on you the gift of eternal life, and you gain access to the Kingdom of God as well. undecided

The problem I have with what Paul said of "walking in the spirit" is that even those who enter the Kingdom of God through the broad gate that leaders to destruction- Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 - are also born from spirit though they walk in disobedience to God because they are not of God. Demons are also spirit so not all spirit is of God. undecided

Because of this, I prefer to reference what Jesus Christ taught on similar topic which is that True worshippers will worship God in spirit and truth. undecided
21 Jesus said, “Believe me, woman! The time is coming when you will not have to be in Jerusalem or on this mountain to worship the Father.
22 You Samaritans worship something you don’t understand. We Jews understand what we worship, since salvation comes from the Jews.
23 But the time is coming when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. In fact, that time is now here. And these are the kind of people the Father wants to be his worshipers.
24 God is spirit. So the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” - John 4 vs 21 - 24
Following what Jesus Christ said, we see that those who are true followers of God are those who are born from spirit and also submitted to the Truth - Jesus Christ- His teachings and commandments which is the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. So it is not OK to experience the spirt birth aka be born-again, one also has to live in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ to be of Him. undecided
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by elated177: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Do i know you? undecided

Does it matter? What has "knowing me" got to do with it?
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2021
Solofresh2:
1. You are confusing your self here.You died and you are reborn by the spirit? If at all you really died,then you shouldn't be here asking questions.
2. And you can't tell me you are reborn by the spirit and still living in human flesh.As far as you are human,then you are of the flesh
1. We don't die. It is instead the Jewish believers that Paul wrote of needing to figuratively die to the Old Covenant Law which they were born into, in order that they can embrace the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Recall the primary audience of most all of Paul's letters were Jewish Christians, something many of those who read from his letters think they can easily ignore when in fact that ought not to. undecided

2. The birth from spirit is not a rebirth this sin man was never born of spirit from his beginning. Adam was created a physical being when God made him from the physical clay of this earth. He was denied the gift of eternity (hence denied spirit) because of his sins. And since we all come from the cursed Adam, we too have no spirit from our beginning - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. The only way to acquire one of those is through Jesus Christ- by being born-again - John 3 vs 1 - 8. undecided
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2021
elated177:

Does it matter? What has "knowing me" got to do with it?
Answer the question first.
Do i know or have any business with you? undecided
Re: How Do I Walk In The Spirit As A Christian? by Solofresh2: 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. We don't die. It is instead the Jewish believers that Paul wrote of needing to figuratively die to the Old Covenant Law which they were born into, in order that they can embrace the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Recall the primary audience of most all of Paul's letters were Jewish Christians, something many of those who read from his letters think they can easily ignore when in fact that ought not to. undecided

2. The birth from spirit is not a rebirth this sin man was never born of spirit from his beginning. Adam was created a physical being when God made him from the physical clay of this earth. He was denied the gift of eternity (hence denied spirit) because of his sins. And since we all come from the cursed Adam, we too have no spirit from our beginning - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. The only way to acquire one of those is through Jesus Christ- by being born-again - John 3 vs 1 - 8. undecided
What do you mean by you don't die?
All humans die and are of the flesh

There is nothing like birth from spirit as far as you are a human being, you are of the flesh and not of the spirit
If you are born of the spirit then you should remain a spirit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Midnight Is For Complete Freedom / You Get The Religion And Manifestation Of God You Have Paid For! / Yoruba In South America (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.