Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry (2290 Views)

Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry by cbhlznu(m): 7:01am On May 14, 2020
In case you aren't aware September admission is still open in some schools currently and online Visa Application is on-going

Yaw shared his landing story so other intending student can learn from it as they prepare towards coming to school in due time, enjoy ��

The last couple of days have been pretty hectic - running up and down all day. My Emirates flight was scheduled for departure at 16th December, 5:50pm. Accra to Dubai to London (Gatwick) to Toronto. I was really impressed with the onboard service of the flight attendants.

Food was also good (though I couldn't eat most of them). Both of my layovers in both Dubai and London were very short (2hours each). I literally had to run at Dubai airport. What a feat of Engineering masterpiece that airport is.

Now to address people's concerns about transiting in London. If you have a Canadian visa, you can transit in London if you meet ALL the following criteria:

1. Your inbound and outbound flights are with the same airline. In other words, you do not have to claim you luggage at the airport before boarding the next plane

2. You will be entering and leaving London at the same airport. (Either Heathrow or Gatwick)

3. Your arrival time and departure time at the airport are on the same calendar date. i.e You will not stay at the airport overnight.

4. You will stay inside the airport throughout the transit period. (You can't go sightseeing outside)

After a long and stressful 28 hours journey, I finally landed in Toronto at 7pm local time. The sun was still shining. I filled my customs declaration and headed towards the long queue to get my study permit. I spent almost an hour in the queue. It finally reached my turn;

Officer: Good evening

Me: Good evening. (I handed my passport and customs declaration to him)

Officer: Which school are you attending?

Me: York University

Officer: What course?

Me: Masters in Civil Engineering

Officer: Can you tell me how much of your tuition you've paid so far?

Me: I'm being fully funded by the University

Officer: Oh! that's nice. (With smiles)

He typed for a while and was asking me how my flight went. I told him it was awesome, but also stressful. He went inside and came back with my study permit. He told me to study hard and make Ghana and also Canada proud. He did not ask for any other document. No letter of introduction, no admission letter, no proof of funding.

Went to claim my baggage. Couldn't find it on the baggage carousel. I went to the arrivals hall and saw them faithfully standing there, waiting for their master. I exited the airport and whispered to myself, "Welcome to Canada".

Canada is such a beautiful country. The tall structures in downtown Toronto exude an air of grandeur that makes you feel so tiny. It's almost intimidating at first. Canadians are really nice and helpful. They smile a lot. They apologize for the tiniest inconvenience they cause you.

NOTE: When coming to Canada, please make sure you get a travel adapter for your laptop and other gadgets. Their sockets are very different and chances are, your phone or laptop charger wont fit into them. To all who are yet to travel, safe journey. Kind regards to you VO

https://www.canadaburger.com.ng/2020/05/my-interview-experience-with-visa.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry by Dgoz(m): 7:07am On May 14, 2020
Nice one. I'll be coming to join you soonest.

2 Likes

Re: My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry by TreasureTayo(m): 7:09am On May 14, 2020
What sweet journey OP. Could you please tell me. more about the Scholarship pls? Thanks and Enjoy your stay in Canada!
Re: My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:40am On May 14, 2020
Please tell us about the scholarship
Re: My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry by nrexzy: 7:50am On May 14, 2020
Wey d advise naa?
Re: My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry by Adamkeyj(m): 8:28am On May 14, 2020
Re: My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry by Tinocosta17(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2020
Wow congratulations... I wish everyone success towards this dream. Canada na must

(1) (Reply)

Us Immigration Advice / Tourism In Dubai / Ebonyi To The World. Moment Air Peace Lands In Ebonyi Int'l Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.