Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience (22425 Views)

Nigerian US Immigration Official Charged With Illegally Obtaining US Citizenship / Panic As US Immigration Stamps No EOS / AOS On Nigerian Passport / How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hello guys I just did my interview now..
And it was Good ( although the black woman who was the interviewer was a bit tough but we thank God)....she told us we are approved ..and she evem gave me and Brother a form to fill declaring that we wont get married till we get to d US..but she then told us to tell our Petitioner to ask her spouse to fill in I-864A since she is married... And we should drop it at the DHL office along with our international passport!

So guys I want to ask how many Days do you think it would take for us to get the visa issued after submitting it?
PS : I did mine at US CONSULATE LAGOS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
frankele:
And it was Good ( although the black woman who was the interviewer was a bit tough but we thank God)....she told us we are approved ..and she evem gave me and Brother a form to fill declaring that we wont get married till we get to d US..but she then told us to tell our Petitioner to ask her spouse to fill in I-864A since she is married... And we should drop it at the DHL office along with our international passport!

So guys I want to ask how many Days do you think it would take for us to get the visa issued after submitting it?

can you share how the interview went ,Am awaiting appointment soon .

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
Its not so hard ...just make sure u take all your required documents and make sure u dont forget any ...

U will get it

2 Likes

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
frankele:
Its not so hard ...just make sure u take all your required documents and make sure u dont forget any ...

U will get it

Thanks bro documents like
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
Also waiting for my appointment letter. Got my case complete email about a week ago. How long does it take to get the appointment letter. My category is the CR1 spousal visa so I believe my case is current already

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
ifunanyamaka:
Also waiting for my appointment letter. Got my case complete email about a week ago. How long does it take to get the appointment letter. My category is the CR1 spousal visa so I believe my case is current already

Just give it a couple of weeks..
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 21, 2019
hi please do i need to take my petitioner's original documents and affidavit of support. or can my petitioner scan them to me.
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Dammilekan(m): 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2019
Do they deny immigrant like non immigrant,when your file is complete and no fraud can they deny
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by A3AP10: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

Received mine after 14days of case complete.

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
Lolu01:
hi please do i need to take my petitioner's original documents and affidavit of support. or can my petitioner scan them to me.

You would need the original...I will advise...
U don't scan Affidavit of support ...let he or she send you the correct document
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
omio4real:

Thanks bro documents like

Go to us consulate website..
And you would see Pre Interview Checklist
Make sure u follow it squarely
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2019
Dammilekan:
Do they deny immigrant like non immigrant,when your file is complete and no fraud can they deny

They dont deny it its genuine...
What they do is that Delay the cases if they are not sure if enough documents that can convince the Consular Officer
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2019
frankele:

Go to us consulate website.. And you would see Pre Interview Checklist Make sure u follow it squarely

ok bro thanks
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by A3AP10: 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
My Cr1 interview is March 26, wish me wish well so I can share my testimony here.... Amen!

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 7:12am On Mar 25, 2019
A3AP10:
My Cr1 interview is March 26, wish me wish well so I can share my testimony here.... Amen!
Good luck dear. Please share with us ohhh your experience as I am in the same category with you too. Go get that approval���

3 Likes

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by shu9a: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
I was also asked to submit my international passport along with other document at a DHL office.
Please how did you address the package.
Thank you in anticipation.
frankele:

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Dammilekan(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
A3AP10:
Can you tell me how long your petition was approved and how many weeks did NVC provide you an interview date
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by A3AP10: 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

Good luck dear. Please share with us ohhh your experience as I am in the same category with you too. Go get that approval���

Fully ready, with God ahead.. Everything is possible
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by A3AP10: 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
Dammilekan:
Can you tell me how long your petition was approved and how many weeks did NVC provide you an interview date

USCIS = 9 months

After NVC provided case number, we paid the fee and uploaded all document electronically, after case completed notification then I got interview appointment in 14days after.... Does this help?
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
shu9a:
I was also asked to submit my international passport along with other document at a DHL office.

I think we should take the document inside an envelope .. Cos i think they will collect from us at the dhl and package it for us and send it to D embassy!
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
A3AP10:

Good luck to You...
Just make sure u have all your documents ready and You are confident... Amd pray For Favour so they won't be any form of delay
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Dammilekan(m): 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
A3AP10:

USCIS = 9 months

After NVC provided case number, we paid the fee and uploaded all document electronically, after case completed notification then I got interview appointment in 14days after.... Does this help?
Uscis as approve our own we are waiting for interview date please when you receive your visa please create your own thread abeg
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by A3AP10: 11:27am On Mar 26, 2019
My 3 years distance relationship = ( WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) Thank you heavenly father!

14 Likes

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Jeffizy101(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2019
Hello house,
Pls I need advice,I just got an invitation letter to attend a conference in US slated for Feb 2020.wen should I apply for visa?
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2019
A3AP10:
My 3 years distance relationship = ( WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) Thank you heavenly father!

Review please. How did it go��� congratulations dear. Please your tips would be appreciated
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 4:20am On Mar 27, 2019
A3AP10:

Congratulations am so so happy for You... Welcome to America

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by A3AP10: 11:26am On Mar 27, 2019
Good morning fam,

My appointment was scheduled for 6.45 am I got to the embassy 5am ... There were 5 people already waiting

several security checks and we were ask yo line up according to visa category, none and immigrant visa

When we got to the hall we lined up for biometric fingerprint but I got skipped for an hour and 20 mins then I got nervous cause everyone was done with theirs.

After sometime finally I got called up for fingerprint and I was glad even others noticed how worried I was.

INTERVIEW :

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good morning

Vo: Who are you going to meet in America?

Vo: Where did you meet your wife?

Vo: How long have you known your wife?

Vo: Tell me about your wife, what does she do and where does she live?

Vo: What do you 2 have in common?

Vo: when and where did you get married

Vo: Can I see pictures of your wedding?

Me: I showed her 14 pictures

Vo: You got married only once she came to visit you?

Me: Yes we did

Vo: Tell me about her live where she lives and what she likes to do?

Me : I answered

Vo: Where does her parents lives?

Vo: Does she has brother and sister?

Me: I answered

Then the magic word come in = Welcome the United States of America, you can pick up your passport in 5 working days.

be confident and don't miss the eyes contact, even when they are typing concentrate on the eyes, NOTE I answered almost all the questions before she finish asking.... none of my documents or evidence was check ONLY pictures,

10 Likes

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Aleora(f): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2019
A3AP10:
Good morning fam,

My appointment was scheduled for 6.45 am I got to the embassy 5am ... There were 5 people already waiting

several security checks and we were ask yo line up according to visa category, none and immigrant visa

When we got to the hall we lined up for biometric fingerprint but I got skipped for an hour and 20 mins then I got nervous cause everyone was done with theirs.

After sometime finally I got called up for fingerprint and I was glad even others noticed how worried I was.

INTERVIEW :

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good morning

Vo: Who are you going to meet in America?

Vo: Where did you meet your wife?

Vo: How long have you known your wife?

Vo: Tell me about your wife, what does she do and where does she live?

Vo: What do you 2 have in common?

Vo: when and where did you get married

Vo: Can I see pictures of your wedding?

Me: I showed her 14 pictures

Vo: You got married only once she came to visit you?

Me: Yes we did

Vo: Tell me about her live where she lives and what she likes to do?

Vo: Where does her parents lives?

Vo: Does she has brother and sister?

Me: I answered

Then the magic word come in = Welcome the United States of the America, you can pick up your passport in 5 working days.

be confident and don't miss the eyes contact, even when they are typing concentrate on the eyes, NOTE I answered almost all the questions before she finish asking.... none of my documents or evidence was check ONLY pictures,
congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
shu9a:

How far now guy
Have u submitted your documents ??
And if yes ?
Any updates?
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ikaboy: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2019
hi guys, am kind of stalk here while completing my \DS160 for the drop box submission. One of the question is "is your father in the US?"

My parents are currently in the US for a 3 month holiday. so do i say yes or no being that they are just visiting/
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by A3AP10: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2019
Just picked up my passport this morning, the embassy is no more giving packet to CR1 visa category, they are now sending directly to US immigration

Pls acknowledged this.

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Originalsly: 12:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
@ Op.... shouldn't this be about the interview experience?.... and not all about the results?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee / Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.