Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:14 PM

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff (42590 Views)

Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by babajero(m): 9:16am On May 14, 2020
princeade86:
Bloggers and gambari issue now is 5&6. Gambari inside toilet, Gambari dis, Gambari that.
The CoS is so popular now because we don't have president or vice president, they are docile, let just put it that we don't have any government at the federal of recent. Can anyone tell me cos of obasanjo, yar'adua, Goodluck they were not popular because of active government. You only see this government when people say they are dead, they will come out post one picture and go into hiding again, this is the worst government ever in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Okoroawusa: 9:21am On May 14, 2020
Rajman45:

Don't u know that in most develop world, a chief of staff holds more important than the VP. He/she is the president eyes and ears to the entire governence in the country.
My point exactly. Some Chief of Staff are more remembered than others.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Okoroawusa: 9:21am On May 14, 2020
babajero:
The CoS is so popular now because we don't have president or vice president, they are docile, let just put it that we don't have any government at the federal of recent. Can anyone tell me cos of obasanjo, yar'adua, Goodluck they were not popular because of active government. You only see this government when people say they are dead, they will come out post one picture and go into hiding again, this is the worst government ever in Nigeria.
Anakogheri
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by babajero(m): 9:25am On May 14, 2020
ecolime:
Asked what Nigerians should expect from him as Chief of Staff, Gambari told reporters at the Presidential Villa in Abuja: “We have not started. I’ll have to find out. I don’t report directly to the nation, I report to the president.”

He said he would be offering his “loyalty, competence and support” to the president, adding that as the chief of staff, his guiding principle would be “to serve the president to the best of my ability.”

Meaning his loyalty is to his master not the nation.
At the moment we only have one president and that is gambari that buhari is just a figure head, anybody who carries out the full duty to run the country is the president and not the person who is just being reported to. Because such person will only know and believe whatever they chose to tell him. Nigeria is officially on autopilot, the official pilot is in deep sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Dpharisee: 9:32am On May 14, 2020
myrates:
Yes, he's a Yoruba-fulani,more like African American. Yoruba fulani is a Yoruba with a partial ancestary with the core fulani ethnic group. The tribal mark on his face suggests his yoruba affiliation while the name Gambari is fulani.

Stockholm Syndrome is affecting you grin grin grin
Read up what is called Stockholm Syndrome
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Rajman45(m): 9:36am On May 14, 2020
Okoroawusa:
My point exactly. Some Chief of Staff are more remembered than others.
Very correct
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by babajero(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Anakogheri
your username speaks much about you, tell me one reason the CoS is this popular if the government in power is active?
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Okoroawusa: 9:51am On May 14, 2020
babajero:
your username speaks much about you, tell me one reason the CoS is this popular if the government in power is active?
Your moniker kwanu?

Are u related to the famed Bro Jero in "Trials of Brother Jero"

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by don4real18(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2020
He supported the annulment of the June 12 election that led to the deaths of many and the imprisonment of MKO Abiola and his eventual death.
He called Ken Saro-Wiwa and his group of activists criminals when Ken who was known to lead a non-violent campaign for the Ogoni people was tried unjustly by a special military court and was killed by hanging.
You all may forget that Gambari has always been anti-people. Nigerians forgets easily
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by don4real18(m): 9:59am On May 14, 2020
PNomsule:
Gambari is definitely from the Tinubu's camp.
Actually, he isn't. He is probably brought in to suppress the VP and other southern likely 2023 presidential candidates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by joefelin2345: 10:02am On May 14, 2020
Congratulations to Prof Agboola Gambari. I wish you success in your new appointment. All of us are making history n people are writing it down. Whether he was the one chosen at this time as CoS to PMB or not, someone must be selected one way or the other n there is no perfect human being in this world. Let's just do our own part n leave the test to God n posterity. Meanwhile, I represent POWAN -a reputable real estate company. Contact us for genuine land in n around Lagos n any other states in Nigeria- 08023001226

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by gotnel: 10:07am On May 14, 2020
The problem with us in Nigeria is that we celebrates academics and political achievements too much.
There is nothing wrong about achieving academically, but all these academicians and politicians have failed woefully in piloting the affairs of Nigeria.
Nothing is on ground to show that we have people with enormous and enviable credentials in power here in Nigeria.
Whenever a new appointment is made, people will be reeling out and be celebrating the academic success and wealth of experience of the new appointee.
But, all these glorification translates to nothing after spending time and resources in the office.

Let us see weather Gambari will be a different character.
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:43am On May 14, 2020
Dpharisee:
Yorubas who celebrated his appointment 2 days ago when they heard Agboola have all gone quiet now, it's like they have been scammed again by the Fulanis grin grin grin

Some even called him Yoruba/Fulani as if there is a new tribe with such name cheesy

Eyah. You have made God knows how many comments on this Gambari issue.

It doesn't take anything from Yorubas, doesn't make them less successful. It doesn't still stop the generational poverty your grandfather, father and now you have blamed Yorubas for.

Find something more productive to do... my condolences. grin
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:46am On May 14, 2020
myrates:
Yes, he's a Yoruba-fulani,more like African American. Yoruba fulani is a Yoruba with a partial ancestary with the core fulani ethnic group. The tribal mark on his face suggests his yoruba affiliation while the name Gambari is fulani.

Dpharisee is suicidal on the issue. For some reason... if he hears Yoruba, it makes him cry. grin
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by PNomsule: 11:13am On May 14, 2020
don4real18:

Actually, he isn't. He is probably brought in to suppress the VP and other southern likely 2023 presidential candidates

Oh waow, some battle of the wits being played there. Tinubu should have another card under his sleeves, don't you think? Because me I am rooting for him o
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by babajero(m): 11:21am On May 14, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Your moniker kwanu?

Are u related to the famed Bro Jero in "Trials of Brother Jero"
I asked you a question, why is the cos position this popular if we have a lively government.
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by akanbiaa(m): 11:21am On May 14, 2020
ecolime:
Asked what Nigerians should expect from him as Chief of Staff, Gambari told reporters at the Presidential Villa in Abuja: “We have not started. I’ll have to find out. I don’t report directly to the nation, I report to the president.”

He said he would be offering his “loyalty, competence and support” to the president, adding that as the chief of staff, his guiding principle would be “to serve the president to the best of my ability.”

Meaning his loyalty is to his master not the nation.
His position is Chief of Staff to the President naw, not Chief of Staff to the people of Nigeria.
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by ecolime(m): 11:24am On May 14, 2020
akanbiaa:
His position is Chief of Staff to the President naw, not Chief of Staff to the people of Nigeria.
We are saying the same thing na.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by HenryPenstuff(m): 11:27am On May 14, 2020
Great100000:
Good One.
Na soo No be lie na true talk be dat my man
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by azadus18: 11:52am On May 14, 2020
New COAs..new assignment...
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by jaxxy(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
Besides being a green snake in the green grass he’s ok
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by darita: 12:50pm On May 14, 2020
How com I dnt knw him.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9pTGux2Ho0
Please sponsor my music project. Godbless u
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Dollabiz: 1:00pm On May 14, 2020
who cares
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 14, 2020
makewetalk2:
Gambari served as the Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985 under General Muhammadu Buhari's military regime.

The above is the sole reason for his appointment.
Old crooks. All Buhari's major appointments are the same old criminals that he worked with in his previous regime. He is not honest at all. An honest man is a progressive man. Returning to the same old people who hold the key to the SECRET box means keeping your secrets safe
@ yr attached pics;

[Quran 2:62]
Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who believes in GOD, and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

[Qur'an 98:6]
Truly the disbelievers among the People of the Book and the idolaters are in the Fire of Hell, abiding therein: it is they who are the worst of creation.

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.”

Matthew 25:46
“And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

My comments;
Is it not the same punishment meted out in both scriptures to UNBELIEVERS, so what's all the fuss about?
Meanwhile in the Glorious Qur'an which was sent to mankind unlike Torah & Injil to Jews and "Christians" respectively encompasses ALL nations, hence the reference to people of the Book.

Next please. grin
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by jpassion987: 1:42pm On May 14, 2020
Padi Padi Government..Imagine all the people present are mallams;
"Gambari, Nigeria’s former permanent representative to the United Nations (UN) arrived at the Villa at 10:40 a.m. and was received by senior presidency officials including the director of protocol, Alhaji Yakubu Ahmed and the permanent secretary, State House, Mallam Tijani Umar.

Also present were the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs (Office of the Vice President) Amb. Abdullahi Gwari and Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media, Mallam Garba Shehu"
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by myrates: 1:55pm On May 14, 2020
Dpharisee:

Stockholm Syndrome is affecting you grin grin grin
Read up what is called Stockholm Syndrome
Some one just hinted you're suicidal, get help bro....
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 14, 2020
makewetalk2:
Gambari served as the Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985 under General Muhammadu Buhari's military regime.

The above is the sole reason for his appointment.
Old crooks. All Buhari's major appointments are the same old criminals that he worked with in his previous regime. He is not honest at all. An honest man is a progressive man. Returning to the same old people who hold the key to the SECRET box means keeping your secrets safe

What you have written there reminds me of Henry Louis Mencken's master piece title,THE DISEASE OF DEMOCRACY. Here is a quote below

"They not only know how to arouse the fears of the mob; they also know how to awaken its envy, its dislike of privilege, its hatred of its betters"

It is a reflection of your comment and which is but a DISEASE killing humanity.

That's what democracy is really all about. It DIS-UNITE on sentimental grounds.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Yankee101: 2:43pm On May 14, 2020
All senior presidency officials listed...hausa
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by babasolution: 6:16pm On May 14, 2020
humilitypays:
He is too old...he has been in corrupt government corridor of power since 1970s, what else does he have to offer at almost 80yrs. Buhari is just using his position as Nigeria's President to reward his associates and his Abacha looting gang from the time they were military dictators

We have young, intelligent Nigerians home and abroad that can do the job far better than him.....but people like bigot Buhari prefer and worship ancient of days who refuse to rest like him angry

When I mention young people, I am not talking about foolish people like Bello and Dino Malaye of Kogi.....there are great technocrats he can appoint to do the job....this man is my dad's age for C's sake and my dad even rejected a political appointment in our state some years ago citing age...that younger people should be considered, that's how men of integrity and honor behave not greedy bastards whose only mission in life is to grab every government offer as a one chance opportunity to further enrich their filthy bank accounts, wake up!

I like Boss Mustapha of course....he would have done the job better.....I love some people in that his corrupt Presidency though...I love Osinbajo if not that he compromised a lot to belong politically which is bad for him......so don't think my comment is tribal.....I am not even from Lagos I used as example.

I saw a young guy holding this gambaris bag and helping him to adjust his facemask,(the man couldnt even bother to raise his hand to adjust his own face mask,imagine how wicked and proud this old men are) but then again imagine the young guy whoever he is content with being a bag carrier for the old man,when at his age the gambari man was already holding top position in government,the youths need to wake up and stop slaving for this old men,they should scheme to usurp this old useless and wicked men
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by SirBunky85(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2020
Great100000:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/why-buhari-appointed-gambari-as-chief-of-staff/
stupid cupp and d mumu ikenga from imo state .one day the silly ikenga ugochinyere who always follows some of the northerners to play dirty will severely dealt with while those northerners who hails him now will abandon him.let him keep following dem upandan
Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by makewetalk2: 5:56pm On May 20, 2020
Xposed2020:

@ yr attached pics;
Only an ignorant fool like Parkinson Mohammed Ali will consider a Hubal cult to be aligned with. They have used him and dumped him. You are the next abeed to be used just like they use the lazy dull brains in Asia.

Re: Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 21, 2020
makewetalk2:

Only an ignorant fool like Parkinson Mohammed Ali will consider a Hubal cult to be aligned with. They have used him and dumped him. You are the next abeed to be used just like they use the lazy dull brains in Asia.

We are not racist in Islam unlike Christianity and don't want to know the color of anyone's skin.
Kindly address the following;

Rainwater does not return to the sky (Isa 55:10).

The moon has a light of its own (Isa 13:10, Matt 24:29).

Earth is about 6000 years old, as calculated from the genealogies in Gen and Luke 3. (see the problem of a young earth later in the outline)

Whales were created before insects (Gen 1:21-24).

Some fowl and insects have four legs (Lev 11:20-23).

Cattle will produce striped offspring if they see striped poles when breeding (Gen 30:37-41).

Birds were created before land animals (Gen 1:20, 24). - Fossil record shows exact opposite.

Earth does not move (Ps 93:1, 96:10, 104:5, 1 Chr 16:30).

Death or illness is caused by sin (Gen 2:17, Lev 26:16, 21, 25, Deut 7:15, 28:21, 27, James 1:15).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Lawmakers From Abia Visit Orji Kalu Following Release / Osinbajo Storms Kuje Prisons / Fulani Men Who Promised Buhari A Cow After The Election, Redeem It - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.