Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect (707 Views)

Man Kills Neighbour Over Bucket Of Water In Kaduna / Man Drowned Wife At Caribbean Sea During Honeymoon To Inherit Her Estate(Pics) / Video Of The Man Who Killed His Girlfriend In Oshodi And Stuffed Her In A Bucket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by ceaser: 7:54am On May 14, 2020
Why I drowned my 18 months old baby in a bucket of water – Suspect
A lady who confessed to have drowned her one-year and six months old baby inside a bucket of water in her apartment in Gowon Estate area of Lagos has been arrested by the Police.

Surprisingly, the suspect, Funmilola Adisa, 22, did not express regret for her action.

Rather she boldly admitted to have killed her baby, because “she deprived me of realising my dream of becoming a lawyer”.

During interrogation, Adisa said: “I drowned my baby inside a bucket filled with water on Monday.

“Thereafter, I reported myself at the Gowon Estate Police Division.

“The police did not come immediately but when they did, they found the dead baby inside the bucket.

“I was impregnated by a boy who attended same JAMB lesson with me.

“But he rejected the pregnancy.

“I wanted to abort the pregnancy but my father said no.

“I passed my JAMB and was offered admission to study Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, but I had to defer the admission because of the baby.

“I wanted to take her to the orphanage home at first when it became difficult to take care of her.

“I live with my sister who has no job and I am also not working.

“I felt there was no use keeping her since I could not take care of her.

“I killed her because I was frustrated, but most importantly, because she stood in the way of actualising my dream of becoming a lawyer.”

From Gowon Estate Division, Funmilayo was taken to the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters in Ikeja, from where the Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, directed that she should be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Panti, Yaba.

Her elder sister, who did not want her name mentioned, said she was too shocked to believe that her younger sister could commit such act.

She said: “I suspect she is gradually developing mental problem.

“Our mother had same mental problem before she died.

“We live in the same apartment but have our separate bedrooms.

“I didn’t know when she drowned the baby, until the Police arrived.”

Police sources hinted that medical checks would be conducted on the suspect to know her mental state.

“But that will not stop her from facing the consequence of her action,” police sources said.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/why-i-drowned-my-18-months-old-baby-in-a-bucket-of-water-suspect/

Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by TheSourcerer: 8:16am On May 14, 2020
Why not ,your child .your prison ,
Nothing concern me
R.i.p kid

1 Like

Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by Ernezee(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2020
wicked mother that mayb the child God has destined to change your story for Good but you don kill am.... You should be drowned too in the Atlantic Ocean..
Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by Stacyomolola(f): 9:07am On May 14, 2020
Girls should be wiser, stop opening ur legs to every sweet heart, cos when katakata burst u would be left alone, ur carrier pursuit would be on a standby and she had to put the blame on the little kid, so sad R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by Aflix(m): 9:24am On May 14, 2020
You wan become lawyer yet u De open leg

1 Like

Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by BeerParlour: 9:38am On May 14, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Why not ,your child .your prison ,
Nothing concern me
R.i.p kid

1 Share

Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by Renida: 9:42am On May 14, 2020
Another psychopath.
Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by Johnchyz(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2020
Stacyomolola:
Girls should be wiser, stop opening ur legs to every sweet heart, cos when katakata burst u would be left alone, ur carrier pursuit would be on a standby and she had to put the blame on the little kid, so sad R.I.P
. BUT WHY CAN'T A GIRL BE SO HAPPY THAT SHE HAVE A BABY TO LOOK AFTER. THEY SHOULD EMBRACE IT WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS.
Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by Stacyomolola(f): 12:34pm On May 14, 2020
Johnchyz:
. BUT WHY CAN'T A GIRL BE SO HAPPY THAT SHE HAVE A BABY TO LOOK AFTER. THEY SHOULD EMBRACE IT WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS.
Yeah children are gift from God which should be embraced but theres a specific time they would be wanted and needed
If u plan your life and they come while u are still schooling it's a kind of setback
But when they come at the right time they are blessings
I feel her pain but she willingly opened her leg and allowed the guy to release inside her which is none of the child's fault sad sad sad
Re: Why I Drowned My 18 Months Old Baby In A Bucket Of Water – Suspect by Johnchyz(m): 4:38pm On May 19, 2020
Stacyomolola:

Yeah children are gift from God which should be embraced but theres a specific time they would be wanted and needed
If u plan your life and they come while u are still schooling it's a kind of setback
But when they come at the right time they are blessings
I feel her pain but she willingly opened her leg and allowed the guy to release inside her which is none of the child's fault sad sad sad
Yeah babe you said it all. baby how did you know about nairaland? like u are new here .can u share . #peace.

(1) (Reply)

My Funny Encounter / Poor Girl Raped And Killed In Church / Corpse Of 6-year-old Rape Victim Found In Kaduna Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.