Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Vengeance Is Of The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vengeance Is Of The Lord (134 Views)

Vengeance Is mine Says The Lord. / Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance / Do You Seek Vengeance On Your Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vengeance Is Of The Lord by Missyajoke(f): 8:42am On May 14, 2020
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;Their foot shall slip in due time. For the day of their calamity is at hand,
And the things to come hasten upon them.’
Since God is going to take up your cause and see to it that justice is done, you can lay it down. You don’t have to carry anger and bitterness and resentment and revenge. Indeed, you dare not. Jesus warned that an unforgiving heart will destroy you in the end (Matthew 6:15; 18:35). Joan and his brother Abishai took revenge on Abner for killing their brother Asahel in the battle at Gibeon and David in return David said "May the punishment for it fall on Joab and all his family! In every generation may there be some man in his family who has gonorrhea or a dreaded skin disease or is fit only to do a woman's work or is killed in battle or hasn't enough to eat. Generational curse wouldn't have been the lot of Joan if he had allowed God to fight for him. Never seek revenge but whatever a man does you forgive and if it pains you leave it to God don't do anything stupid that will attract the wrath of God. Let's be careful

Good Morning

(1) (Reply)

Kingdom Citizenship / A New Message To All Christain Worldwide! (Farming The Way Forward!) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.