Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,628 members, 7,955,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers (99190 Views)

How The Giraffe Got Its Long Neck (Pictures) / Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) / The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Nairaboi(m): 7:55pm On May 14, 2020
This bird is a bad-ass sha. I saw a documentary of National Geo Wild where even Cobras, python, Constrictures and even Lalas dey run from am.
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Maliqcious: 7:58pm On May 14, 2020
longjosh:
I saw this bird at the University of Ilorin botanical garden. I was damn scared
are you the real Lai Muhammed
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by spinna: 8:03pm On May 14, 2020
Hungry naija hunters should beware of this one o.. this one na wounder.
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Beremx(f): 8:04pm On May 14, 2020
grin grin
Denique:
Australia MUST be there sha undecided

Wow! Same thing I did grin
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by spinna: 8:04pm On May 14, 2020
Maliqcious:
are you the real Lai Muhammed

he probably saw an Ostrich..they are somewhat similar
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by AureliusWolf: 8:12pm On May 14, 2020
I first discovered how dangerous that bird was in FarCry
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by spinna: 8:32pm On May 14, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Oh... it's the cassowary eh?

[The]Ostrich, emu, cassowary, rhea and Kiwi all belong in the same group of large, flightless birds called the "Ratites".

These birds are usually dangerous however you look at it.

For instance, it's distant ratite cousin, the Emu is the only bird that man has been forced to fight a war against in recorded history. For those who have heard about the Emu Wars of the 1900s.

Emu wars..the war itself was as amusing as its name..

The machine-gunners' dreams of point blank fire into serried masses of Emus were soon dissipated. The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use of the military equipment uneconomic. A crestfallen field force therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month - Wikipedia
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by kennieG(m): 8:42pm On May 14, 2020
Eagle being the strongest bird doesn't make it the most dangerous
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by scoundrel(f): 8:47pm On May 14, 2020
I’m sure scientists can cross it with a peacock. It’s obvious they are related.
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by GuestLog: 8:58pm On May 14, 2020
NwaNimo1:
See meat.....
cheesy one day you will eat sacrifice meant for your liberation with the way you are going!!

Lmao! No be only meat.
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by KrazyDave16(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2020
Reminds me of the emu war in Australia. Funny and not funny to read
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Goalnaldo(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2020
I read about this bird in opera news few years ago. Heard it can disembowel a full grown man with his knife like claws.
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Risentouch(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2020
The last photo shows the bird is a replica of women, they are very dangerous
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by emonkey(m): 9:59pm On May 14, 2020
In Nigeria it is bushmeat
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by kassano22(m): 9:59pm On May 14, 2020
Emu Limu and Dough
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by emmy091(m): 10:27pm On May 14, 2020
Far cry �
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by calabardick(m): 11:08pm On May 14, 2020
DrPurple:
The Last Picture Resemble the Back of a Lady

oooooh?
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by DaddyRochie1642: 11:40pm On May 14, 2020
Nigerians will still see this bird and kill it and say its Village people that Sent it,.... Mtcheeeew
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Bahamas95(m): 12:15am On May 15, 2020
Cakephp44:
Wait o... Is there a bird more dangerous than eagle
Same question I wanted to ask.....These scientists can confuse person eh

Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Bonebreaker(m): 1:05am On May 15, 2020
Goldenheart:
I still don't know how it got it's Unique feather tongue

This is all I see cool

grin
why are the legs tied up
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by exynos(m): 2:04am On May 15, 2020
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Nobody: 3:06am On May 15, 2020
baike:
The bird isn't loking dangerous to mecheesy

it's deadly as fùck bro, and don't you ever forget .. just one well-targeted kick would disembowel a.man
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by victorjoe(m): 4:52am On May 15, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Is this bird more dangerous than night birds in Edo state? cool

The "night birds" in Edo state are mamals.
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by chubinwa(m): 6:38am On May 15, 2020
DrPurple:
Like if you went back to observe
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by AsawanaDgreat: 7:55am On May 15, 2020
That bird na food by for naija guys oo
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Myself2(m): 8:40am On May 15, 2020
DrPurple:

grin grin

I had to click like to take it to 100 likes
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Goldenheart(m): 2:20pm On May 15, 2020
Bonebreaker:
why are the legs tied up

It's Art grin
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by PrinceMajestic: 10:20pm On May 15, 2020
Casuarius casuarius
Re: Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers by Aditkd(f): 11:21am On May 16, 2020
It will go well with Cool RED WINE

It doesn't look scary though.
The second pics makes me remember Rango.
I wouldn't mind having it's grilled meat with some chilled bottles.[/quote] it will go well with COOL RED WINE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered / Orangutan Reaches Out Hand To Rescue Man Stuck In A River In Asia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.