Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue (76751 Views)

FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Enugu Conducts Mass Meningitis Vaccination For Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Legendguru: 12:47pm On May 14, 2020
i never vote so the poll dont count. i am out there daily i am not the social type only those in government house voted, their pocket is fat already they can continue to enjoy free meals in government house
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by rhodman: 12:50pm On May 14, 2020
Stop the lockdown pls.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Topsic70: 12:51pm On May 14, 2020
MansoryMX:

Nigerians and hygiene don’t mix together. Are you fvckin kidding me! Look at how messed up the country is, no infrastructure, no basic amenities and you wan practice social distance for a jaga jaga country like Nigeria. Everything just dey messed up, even if the lockdown continue hunger go finish people because govt nor ready spend one Kobo on any citizen again. We are fvcked either ways until a vaccine is found.

You open market but close centers of worship, close schools, close offices....
Bikonu, which one of these is least hygenic/organized and therefore has d greatest chance of disease transmission?
Sebi we love to dey deceive ourselves abi.
Ngwanu, let's all continue...
cheesy cheesy
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Hypocrit: 12:52pm On May 14, 2020
An appealing question to generate a predetermined response. The environment is also bias against the larger population affected. In conclusion, the poll is a complete trash.
I rest my case.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 14, 2020
Saintinoo:

How does pay of tax and responding to covid-19 relate?
Let's not go to revenue generation by the government of Nigeria, because that argument will not end.

It is clear from your response that you are a victim of the paucity of funds for quality education due to inadequate tax revenue.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by grandpoh(m): 12:53pm On May 14, 2020
Gosh!
Which dedicated and committed government will leave a very important desicion to twitter users...

How are they sure it's not people from other States or even countries that are voting?

This is what happens when you give power and authority to the least qualified..
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by alphaRego01(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2020
lalasticlala:
Ogun state government conducts online poll on whether the state should continue with the lockdown.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OGSG_Official/status/1260651818045997056

https://mobile.twitter.com/OGSG_Official/status/1260651823246962688

Meanwhile, I clicked on 'undecided" so as to get the current result of the poll. The poll has not ended but check out the current result. What do you think about this?

Lolll.scam polls.if them serioustl,they should really make it physical even if everybody wont vote.mayne make it like a questionnaire .zoo scam
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 14, 2020
grandpoh:
Gosh!
Which dedicated and committed government will leave a very important desicion to twitter users...

How are they sure it's not people from other States or even countries that are voting?

This is what happens when you give power and authority to the least qualified..

1. They do not have the money to sustain a lockdown.
2. They understand that if they impose a lockdown people will flout it and complain of paliatives which they dont have the money to offer citizens, therefore it will fail.
3. They understand that without public support, neither a lockdown or a relaxation will succeed
4. It is a way of making the public own the lockdown or the consequences of opening.
5. they know that this thing can only succeed if the public are on board whichever decision is taken.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by JuanDeDios: 12:59pm On May 14, 2020
obiekunie2:
49% supported continued lock down

the thing never tire them shocked shocked
These are people with phones. Let them go and poll the folks in markets and neighbourhoods whose food has been taken by the lockdown. This poll is unscientific, null and void.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by OKTolu: 12:59pm On May 14, 2020
ok next please...
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 14, 2020
JuanDeDios:

These are people with phones. Let them go and poll the folks in markets and neighbourhoods whose food has been taken by the lockdown. This poll is unscientific, null and void.

it is not meant to be scientific. it is a pyschological tool.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Tom05: 1:09pm On May 14, 2020
I can’t afford to pay my rent since March ending now. And no business one can do during this lockdown. Please the lockdown should end..
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by grandpoh(m): 1:14pm On May 14, 2020
isthatso:

1. They do not have the money to sustain a lockdown.
2. They understand that if they impose a lockdown people will flout it and complain of paliatives which they dont have the money to offer citizens, therefore it will fail.
3. They understand that without public support, neither a lockdown or a relaxation will succeed
4. It is a way of making the public own the lockdown or the consequences of opening.
5. they know that this thing can only succeed if the public are on board whichever decision is taken.

Be that as it may
If you want to make the public decide there fates,there are other alternative means to do that rather than subjecting it to online voting which to me is abstract..

However if you must use the media there are state and private owned radio and TV stations which would have been better..

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Metrofox(m): 1:14pm On May 14, 2020
olaric:
Name one, just one responsible government anywhere in the world that entrusts decision as sensitive as this in the hands of its citizens.

Which decision is more sensitive than choosing your leaders? What are you talking about?
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by TransflectTP(m): 1:15pm On May 14, 2020
Those who suffer the effect of lockdown most are not on Twitter, Facebook or Nairaland. Take it to the market men and women and those in the street and ask them.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 14, 2020
grandpoh:

Be that as it may
If you want to make the public decide there fates,there are other alternative means to do that rather than subjecting it to online voting which to me is abstract..

However if you must use the media there are state and private owned radio and TV stations which would have been better..

I dont think you understand what I am saying. Like I said to a previous poster this is not meant to be a scientific poll or an attempt to reach the broader public per se. Govt cannot solve this problem, they dont have the capacity, the public are not helping matters.....they know it and some of us know it. They also know that whatever they do they are hampered by lack of funds and an unruly, non compliant public. The poll is a pyschological game play....either own the lockdown and stay at home or own the relaxation and bear the consequences. The fact that a govt is giving you a poll tells you they dont have a solution...when did you see any govt asking the public's opinion before doing anything?

What the govt is saying, the hidden message if you like is: you are on your own, it is up to the public, there is nothing more they can do if people insist on going back to work or defy lockdowns.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by donprinyo(m): 1:25pm On May 14, 2020
Less than 3000 people in ogun state
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Blackmiserable(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Sophisticated people who probably are not suffering use twitter. What of street traders, market women, etc?

Anyway, I've voted from my 5 accounts.......let the lockdown continue that side! grin

[img]https://media./images/3f1419c67e19d6a0bde1d32f60abd39a/tenor.gif[/img]

Lmao! But you are not based in Ogun?
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by chaloskyx: 1:39pm On May 14, 2020
Government and their fake poll
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by kayusely70(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2020
The Lockdown Should Continue
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by oyeb15: 1:48pm On May 14, 2020
Most people no get Twitter account. They could have use nairaland platform at least. Even if they use xvid site ,many people go still vote more Dan Twitter .

Na politicians plenty for Twitter.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by rilikalid(m): 1:51pm On May 14, 2020
I swear this online poll was rigged. let them do the Lockdown again and see the real results
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Teejay13(m): 1:53pm On May 14, 2020
What about does people who are not on twitter?

How does the government intend to capture there own opinion?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by lexzyy(m): 2:07pm On May 14, 2020
pjc:
I went to the bank couple of days back, usually I will majestically walk into the banking hall, que on a line if necessary to carry out needed transaction. This time, consequent of the lockdown, after two weeks of non operation, the number and desperation to perform outstanding transactions has resulted to chaos and anarchy and had successfully rendered the aims of the lockdown useless with the constant shoving and pushing while everyone threw caution to the winds. The same applies to several markets and other public utilities.
The lockdown doesn't work, all government, state and federal should abandon the strategy and probably find an alternative otherwise leave be as we were. Things & people used to be more civil before the lockdowns than after.
...Your last line makes sense
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by bakynes(m): 2:16pm On May 14, 2020
SirImpulse:
Alot of salary earners who have not lost their jobs would choose to continue with the lockdown.
I disagree, only Federal Govt workers or State Govt workers will agree because they will continue to earn their Salary because its their employers who chose to lockdown but private sector salary earners would never support a lockdown because a lockdown will affect the company's business and they may decide to lay off staffs.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
You still have data to come online, your office paid you full salary, you can still order food to your doorstep, you have steady electricity supply, that’s why you can vote for the continuation of a most ineffective lockdown.

“How did we become so selfish and callous? How did we get to the point were we can comfortably shut our eyes to the glaring suffering of many poor people in our society. You are ignoring a visible enemy (hunger) to fight an invisible enemy (COVID 19).

“The lockdown is anti-science. The only result we can see is further untold hardship. In New York City, 66% of the infected people were at home, and only 2% of that infected population were homeless people. What does this suggest?
"Maybe when you lose your job, maybe when you exhaust your savings, maybe when your safe neighborhood is attacked by hungry bandits and robbed of not money but foodstuffs, maybe, just maybe your eyes wouId be open to the utter folly behind an extended lockdown.”

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by JuanDeDios: 2:22pm On May 14, 2020
isthatso:

it is not meant to be scientific. it is a pyschological tool.
I guess you're right.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 14, 2020
Very intelligent approach. But unfortunately most on twitters are salary earners that wrongly believe it is holiday for them with full earning. Same with those in the health sector. If only to press home their importance.

99% of self employed will vote against lock down.

I I have a poser for the govt is shut down or lock down a sustainable approach to public health management? If we have another epidemic in 6 months times do we shut down again and again?

Also remember that the foods we are eating now were planted last year. These series of lock downs will affect 2021 food supply. By the way the fatality of this covid 19 is not more than of common flu. And the infection and death rate clearly say it is NOT a pandemic for Africa.

The only defence is our immune system. Long term lockdown will compromise that. Time to open the economy but to put in place measures to slow down infection. Covid is endemic that is nothing going anytime soon
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Reptyle(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2020
LandOwners:
Stop the lockdown.
We really need to find a way around this covid 19 thing.
Let's practice social distancing, wear our face masks and hygiene.

Everyone is tired of the lock down. I am sure even government wants things to return to normal as soon a possible.

But we as a people have made a habit of not complying with government directives.

We did not comply much with the stay at home order and we aren't complying with the terms of the partial easing of the lockdown.

The terms were simple: wear a mask in public, do not crowd anywhere beyond 60% capacity, use hand sanitiser everywhere and wash your hands regularly. Have you seen that happening much around you? If you live in Lagos, just look around you. People are moving around their regular businesses with hardly any precautions.

The fact is that even if the government imposes another lockdown, compliance will still be poor and this disease is going to keep spreading.

The best bet in my opinion is that we pray for some kind of vaccine. Either that, or government needs to be a lot more radical about enforcing the lockdown or the social distancing rules.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by nuelyoyo(m): 2:37pm On May 14, 2020
obiekunie2:
49% supported continued lock down

the thing never tire them shocked shocked
It was rigged
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by Saintinoo(m): 2:40pm On May 14, 2020
isthatso:

It is clear from your response that you are a victim of the paucity of funds for quality education due to inadequate tax revenue.
Educated people don't shy away from constuctive argument, you may want to use those typo's as a tool but that won't work with me.

Next time stick to the topic and don't go off topic just because you want to prove a baseless point.

I wonder how responding to covi-19 and payment of tax should in any way relate.
I also wonder how countries such as Ghana, Senegal with little revenue channels have been showing Nigeria leaders how to do the job.
Re: Lockdown: Ogun Conducts Online Poll On Whether Lockdown Should Continue by iLegendd(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2020
Poorboy:
Copy copy

If you call it "copy copy," what will you call me using a brush to keep my teeth clean and you using a brush too?

What about driving a car in Lagos and driving in other states? Copy copy too?

Food for thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? / These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ / Pictures Of Aba After Lockdown Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.