Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. (690 Views)

Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family, Is It The Husband Or Wife? / Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? / 3 Nigerian Couples Who Are Friends: Before & After Babies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Christmasdon(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2020
FAMILY PLANNING. who decides the number of children to have in a family. Is it the man or the wife?
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by chatinent: 12:41pm On May 14, 2020
Some questions are just illogical. If a married man and woman must have sexual relations together, both of them should decide how many based on their capabilities.

6 Likes

Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Mstick: 12:52pm On May 14, 2020
Me!
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by budaatum: 12:54pm On May 14, 2020
If both can't decide, a smart woman will.

Man can after all sperm the egg but the egg bearer must be willing to nurture it to fruition.

1 Like

Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 14, 2020
If they both cannot reasonably come together then the woman should decide. At the end of the day it's her body, and the society expects more nature from the mother than the father. The burden of raising the kids will be more on her. And like someone said "women should only have the number of kids they can solely take care of" many men cannot be trusted.

9 Likes

Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by donbachi(m): 1:17pm On May 14, 2020
Na the woman get the womb,na she go decide wen she go take in..cos she carrys the baby and bears the pains.

4 Likes

Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by ibkayee(f): 1:19pm On May 14, 2020
'Both of them', on the surface lol
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Pejudear(f): 1:22pm On May 14, 2020
Christmasdon:
FAMILY PLANNING. who decides the number of children to have in a family. Is it the man or the wife?
both parties should decide this is not a decision to be made by one person. My opinion

1 Like

Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Donald3d(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2020
This is a discussion you should have before you get married.

You should discuss and agree .

Marriage should be seen as a partnership

Both parties input, suggestion, health, state of mind and feelings should be taken seriously and into consideration.

All the cards should be spread out, the pros, cons should be weighed. Then a "balance" or "near balance" decision should be made, jointly .

The goal is having more wins than loses.

The goal is reducing problems/disadvantages to the barest minimum.

The goal is moving forward and upward in every way possible.

The goal is to ensure that the sacrifices are "bearable" and no one is left behind.

The goal is to act like a team and watch each other's back.

We need to start viewing marriage like a business, you want to do everything possible to make sure you move forward without suffering too many loses. All share holders(husband, wife, children) have to be as happy and satisfied as possible.

We need to start viewing marriage like two soldiers(husband and wife) on a battle field. When the safety, peace of mind of one of the soldiers is compromised, the safety of the other is also compromised. When one of the soldier gets shot, you have one weaker person on the squad, you have more work to do to ensure that you and your wounded partner don't get killed.

Marriage is a battle field , both soldiers have to be actively involved in its overall protection, a win for one is a win for both. A loss for one is most likely a loss for both.

Sorry, I am ranting. But it gets quite upsetting when people try to make certain decisions as important as child bearing solely one persons burden.

I am not claiming to know everything, I am just sharing my opinion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 14, 2020
The neighbors @op since you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by iPrevail(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2020
The grandfather decides. grin
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:29pm On May 14, 2020
Christmasdon:

they both do BEFORE MARRIAGE... and if their situation changes after marriage, then they BOTH take the decision to change the number of kids according to the situation.
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Mindlog: 3:35pm On May 14, 2020
It is a joint decision.
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 14, 2020
A decision as important as this isn't for one party to make alone, but should be taken together as a couple.
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by igbowoman: 4:21pm On May 14, 2020
The woman of course.In my case we didnt plan or decide. I kept popping them out until they wanted to drive me nuts and I said enough is enough.
I didn't come to this world to have babies
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by BlissB(f): 5:31pm On May 14, 2020
rockstarB:
If they both cannot reasonably come together then the woman should decide. At the end of the day it's her body, and the society expects more nature from the mother than the father. The burden of raising the kids will be more on her. And like someone said "women should only have the number of kids they can solely take care of" many men cannot be trusted."
Gbam.....you have said it all
Re: Couples: Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family. by mzDIY: 7:30pm On May 14, 2020
The decision should be between husband and wife, Before I got married my husband and I agreed on the number sef.

My parents did not have this discussion and mumcy only stopped after almost dying while delivering our last born.

(1) (Reply)

Ajah / Should I Kidnap My Two Kids Because Of My Stingy Rich Husband / Ghanaian Man Disgrace His Wife After Meeting Her In Bed With Another Man (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.