Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? (463 Views)

I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Dani93(m): 1:01pm On May 14, 2020
I went to an interview before d lockdown in Abuja
And I was asked this Question

Q1) In Nigeria, apart from Islam,
We all know that Christianity is not a religion
So, what is your religion ?

Please what will be your response if u were in my shoe.
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by budaatum: 1:29pm On May 14, 2020
Its difficult to be in your shoe on this one because if anyone asked me such questions at an interview I'd have to conclude that the interviewer is way underqualified to interview me and I'd be wondering why I was submitting myself to such stupidity and I'd probably tell the interviewer so.

1 Like

Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Dani93(m): 2:16pm On May 14, 2020
Seriously I was so
Confuse
Since then, I keep searching 4 d answer
If there is any
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:33pm On May 14, 2020
budaatum:
Its difficult to be in your shoe on this one because if anyone asked me such questions at an interview I'd have to conclude that the interviewer is way underqualified to interview me and I'd be wondering why I was submitting myself to such stupidity and I'd probably tell the interviewer so.

exactly!! what kind of question is this?!

@OP
the only possible reply should be:" there are many religious people in Nigeria and anyone has the right to worship whatever they want to worship... my religious beliefs shouldnt even matter here, as it wont impair/enhance my working abilities."

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:36pm On May 14, 2020
IF YOU ANSWER ANYHOW YOU LOSE.
SO I'D SAY I HAVE NO RELIGION BUT I'M A PRACTICING CHRISTIAN.
IF THE SCREENER LOOKS LIKE MUHAMMAD I'D SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT ISLAM TOO BECAUSE RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES CAN COST ONE A LOT IN THIS COUNTRY.

3 Likes

Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Dani93(m): 4:30pm On May 14, 2020
Nice one
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Dani93(m): 4:31pm On May 14, 2020
Yes
I agree with you
This is how I answer them that day

Yes I understand the perspective that say Christianity is not a religion
But is a conviction, a believe and is a way of life
At the same perspective if we are being asked we do say we are Christian, Because is what we practice. Is what we know, is what we believe .
So, at this point as a smart young graduate, I chuck in some big big English and end the Question , he look at me and smile that's all.
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 14, 2020
Dani93:

My response will be

"well in Nigeria, apart from Christianity, I don't think there's any other religion and that's where I belong to"

I'll wait to see how their face will look like lolz
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On May 14, 2020
Dani93:
Q1) In Nigeria, apart from Islam, We all know that Christianity is not a religion So, what is your religion ?
Christianity is a religion.
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by MrPRevailer(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
Dani93:

Response: Sir, I believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the only Way, Truth and Life. And no one that hasn't accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour can enter God's dwelling place.

Sir, James 1:27 tells us that there is a pure religion. And I believe that's Christianity. grin

1 Like

Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by StrikeBack(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2020
My response would be. Sorry I don't do religion
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Image123(m): 2:06am On May 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
IF YOU ANSWER ANYHOW YOU LOSE.
SO I'D SAY I HAVE NO RELIGION BUT I'M A PRACTICING CHRISTIAN.
IF THE SCREENER LOOKS LIKE MUHAMMAD I'D SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT ISLAM TOO BECAUSE RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES CAN COST ONE A LOT IN THIS COUNTRY.

Closet atheist, lol. So you don't even have the balls to stand up for your convictions, it's not worth standing for anyway. Sissy people all over forming nothing dey happen on judgement day.
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by petra1(m): 4:12am On May 15, 2020
Dani93:

So what is your religion ? Just tell him .
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Perfectbeing(m): 9:01am On May 15, 2020
How is Christianity not a religion?

First of all, what is religion?
Isn't religion the believe in a dirty or God?
Don't Christians believe in God?

What are characteristics of a religion?
1. Believe in God or a god.
2. Place of worship.
3. Days of worship.
4. Books of worship. etc.

Does christian have those characteristics? If yes, then how isn't it a religion.

I am a Christian and I believe Christianity is a religion... The true religion..
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by MrPRevailer(m): 9:34am On May 15, 2020
Perhaps the interviewer is a practising Christian who believes Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with Jesus Christ.

James 1:27 tells us there is a pure and undefiled religion.
Re: If You've Being Asked This Question How Can U Answer It? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On May 15, 2020
MrPRevailer:
Perhaps the interviewer is a practising Christian who believes Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with Jesus Christ.
James 1:27 tells us there is a pure and undefiled religion.
OK! Here is a test for you @OP, What did Jesus say you have to do to become one of His aka saved? undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Music Minister, Dare Justified Becomes A Father / How To Raise The Dead And Heal The Sick By Tunde Korede / What You Should Know About Christianity In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.