Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call (56625 Views)

Paystack Sacks 33 Employees In Dubai & Europe - CEO / Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:12pm On May 14, 2020
Smart guys don't work long with uber
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by berbs: 8:18pm On May 14, 2020
Oopsie.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Season of SACK.
yeah so...
This season...
Some people will be cramed with poverty while some people will use this chance to becomes millionaires.
Its all about high thinking and good resourcefulness
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by yusluvad(m): 8:42pm On May 14, 2020
Chai, see gobe. God please come to the aid of your people fast. We hope on you God...
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by gambia(m): 8:48pm On May 14, 2020
Fabkimzzy1:

Not Gate again abi? Continue

I don't know much about Bill gate agenda.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by PremierGuy(m): 8:56pm On May 14, 2020
I think this happened in the US
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]
Trash
E pain am. grin

Lzaa please come for consolation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Aystarz: 9:08pm On May 14, 2020
Samueltimothy11:
Please God I am ready now. Kill us wonce .it is finish
You're okay
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by saajus: 9:26pm On May 14, 2020
Sad and very sad for those who are living far above their means.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Asour: 9:27pm On May 14, 2020
ValCon888:
Imagine getting laid off without the courtesy of saying bye-bye to your office mates.

Brutal.

So Sad. Your office mates are mostly not your family though. the ones you really need to say bye to you probably already have their numbers/addresses.

Others are just familiar strangers. especially if you work for a large firm like this.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by LZAA: 9:36pm On May 14, 2020
imhotep:

E pain am. grin

Lzaa please come for consolation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by OndoRaph(m): 10:05pm On May 14, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Ganster move

China just gave us a clue of how bloody world war 3 would be if we try nonsense with them

Is that how they will be too? If yes, then I don't think there will be any World War II. The citizens can't afford such risk as much as I can understand.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Seun360(m): 11:03pm On May 14, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Jobless people. Uber na job
Read up once again, then think with your brain.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by calabardick(m): 11:10pm On May 14, 2020
GentRoyal:
3,500 shocked undecided

British Airways sacked 12000
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by calabardick(m): 11:11pm On May 14, 2020
Seun360:

Read up once again, then think with your brain.

that guy is high on something
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by chaloskyx: 11:20pm On May 14, 2020
crocodile tears
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by uvie66: 11:39pm On May 14, 2020
OYEDIPE:

You are very right.
which business model is not vulnerable... church business, Cinema business, hotel business, bet naija, gambling, I can go on and on.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by uvie66: 11:59pm On May 14, 2020
Wolgrace:
But it was constitutionally signed to apply and get government's approval before laying off workers. Hope uber did not breach the law order?

Do they even need to sack? Or how about relaxing them without sacking and re-strategise the modalities of the business in this critical times demanding urgent critical measures and solutions that will easily attract and suits the patronisers taste which surely boost and robust the company's profits...?

I sense hard time excuses due to excessive greed and selfishness!!
all this one na na big grammar... the businesses model is simple, if drivers are not earning their income stream will be reduced and the reason why drivers are not earning is because of low customer turnout.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by uvie66: 12:03am On May 15, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Which business model isn't vulnerable? As long as it's a transportation-oriented business, this could be a very tough period for them cos movement has been largely reduced and e-channels are taking over.

You obviously didn't comprehend what the post said... They were not talking about Uber drivers but their customer service and recruiting team. The drivers can always port to another app if Uber becomes defunct, so no driver can be sacked...
which taxi app isn't affected by COVID-19 ?
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by uvie66: 12:04am On May 15, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
I don't know how this uber works, but I know that the cars are mostly owned by the employees right? they should carry their car and enter road and work for theirselves...that app company is a rip off ...
and wherever are the passengers if there's a lockdown ?
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Nobody: 12:07am On May 15, 2020
uvie66:
which taxi app isn't affected by COVID-19 ?

Are your buttressing my point or isolating a case in my post? grin
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:00am On May 15, 2020
ideabuilder:

The ones sacked are the office staff. The drivers you're referring to are not staff, they more less like a partner. They cannot be sacked without the drivers there is no Uber
oh, I thought they sacked drivers
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by meobizy(f): 2:42am On May 15, 2020
The more people the company lays off the more potential competitors they create. Unless these drivers are elementary school dropouts then we should brace up for more ride-sharing ventures to creep up.

1 Like

Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Bola146(f): 2:43am On May 15, 2020
Mcslize:

Bola Bola, hope you ain't laid off. If not I won't mind staging a protest for u right away.

Where did I keep that my protest sign board sef?

Abi now grin grin thanks jare cheesy
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by EgunMogaji2: 2:53am On May 15, 2020
Bola146:
Jesus!!! When will all these end

Not anytime soon.

Until there’s a vaccine then people won’t be going out and doing commerce like in the past.

Cash is king now. Save your cash or put it into safe hands.

1 Like

Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by yusufhaji(m): 4:19am On May 15, 2020
GamalNasser:
Ubers business model is too vulnerable
how. Can you explain?
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Nobody: 8:31am On May 15, 2020
WaffenSS:

That volatility is the nature of the gig economy. However I don't fully agree that they exploit their drivers. The drivers want to be treated like employees when they're really partners. They want benefits and want to unionize just like full time employees. That's not how the gig economy works.
You see Uber control what their drivers earn, in this way it is Uber that's treating drivers like employees. You cannot have a true business partnership when one partner controls the earnings of the other partner.

As a drivers, Uber sets their fare and tell them they cannot reject any job that they get.

Uber also tell drivers not to request for or accept tips from passengers, this is further interference with a drivers ability to maximize his income.
This is why some drivers have taken that stance that Uber should pay them some employee benefits.
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Nobody: 8:59am On May 15, 2020
uvie66:
all this one na na big grammar... the businesses model is simple, if drivers are not earning their income stream will be reduced and the reason why drivers are not earning is because of low customer turnout.

How about temporary salary slash if income stream reduced? Laying off is NOT the right option in driving institution since activities are partially resumed. Uber should rebrand, upgrade, and update their marketing system with the aid of social distancing policies, as many are scared of public transport buses. Isn't it best time to repackage their digital marketing to woo and earn more customers' heart as most uber users would appreciate privacy?
Re: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call by Igwe35: 2:04pm On May 17, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS / The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.