Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,122 members, 7,825,520 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North (42197 Views)

Wike And Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Held Responsible For Oyigbo Killings - Ohanaeze / Xenophobia: FG Faults Fake Videos In Circulation, Warns Against Reprisal Attacks / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by ZIAZI(m): 10:56pm On May 15, 2020
goaldynboy:

What concerns you a Yoruba interloper with Niger Delta matter?!

Who made you a Niger Delta defender?!

Ignorance has made you to be unaware that IMO and ABIA STATES has oil and Nigeria has been drilling oil in these states since the '70s! Anambra also have huge reserve of oil in commercial quantity!

When you haven't left that your hut at Ogbomoso since 50yrs of your miserable existence, why won't you assume that other states are as undeveloped as yours!!!!!!!

Funny you! I am a proud Rivers Ikwerre man. I am quite aware that the Awaza people in Abia state are blessed with oil. But why would you guys pick on Niger Delta minorities 24/7 We do not make reference to you Igbos but you do it all the time. I love the Igbos for how industrious they are as well as the fact that I understand their dialect. But I wouldn't pick on them for no damn reason. JUST STOP ABUSING THE IKWERRES AS WELL AS OTHER MINORITY TRIBES IN THE SOUTH SOUTH BECAUSE WE HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT WE ARE NOT IGBOS! YOU CANNOT REWRITE HISTORY FOR US NAH!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by sircatherine45(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2020
humilitypays:
The problem is, Igbos are not even begging Ikwerres or other Niger Delta tribes to become Igbo or to accept that they are Igbos no.....of course UK comprises of English people, Irish, Wales....an Irish man will never accept that he is English but he will never deny UK or betray UK or English man when push comes to sholve but then when he encounters problem abroad or somewhere he runs back to UK and the English man defends him and pays for his crime, that is the issue.

Tell your people to stop that quick denial of Igbos after they cause trouble which Igbos still bear the brunt.

If an Ikwerre man commits a crime in the North or even abroad, nobody calls him Ikwerre man, nobody care about him being Niger Delta, they will tag him Igbo and start to maltreat every other Igbo person there just because of what an Ikwerre man or Agbor man or Ndokwa man or Ogwashi man or Anioma person did, and Igbos will never deny him that he is not Igbo but will stand by him even in crises, but let an Igbo man encounter a problem anywhere, Ikwerre, Ndoki, Agbor, Anioma, Ogwashi, and other so called Niger Delta people will deny the Igbo man asap!

It hurts. If this continues the new generation of Igbos are learning and are wiser, things will not continue to be like it is....they will have no option but to start denying these Niger Delta people..... Igbos don't defend Niger Delta people because of crude oil, don't be deceived Igbo communities also have crude oil....Igbos have been defending and even joining Southern Cameroonians to fight Northern Cameroonians marginalizing them.

Igbos have been speaking out for Middlebelt people despite they evil they committed against innocent Igbos living in the North in the 1966 northern pogrom.

Igbos even joined Liberians to fight during Charles Taylor era....Igbos joined South Africans to fight during White Apartheid.

My uncle fought for Burmakri.

Niger Delta should wake up, denying Igbos will not make Hausa-Fulanis nor Yorubas love you or treat you kindly and not marginalise and usurper your region

gbam...
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by pasol4real(m): 11:21pm On May 15, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Who is now the REAL COWARD? cheesy
fear fear indigenous people of biafra. Imagine their cowardice statement
Are u sure you have brains. Where did you see the great NK or IPOB in the write up
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by sircatherine45(m): 11:27pm On May 15, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by pasol4real(m): 11:40pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

Bros I feel your pain. I am Ikwerre and I vehemently oppose the notion that I am Igbo. My grandmother was an Igbo lady from Umuahia. When she was alive I tried to ask her if Ikwerre was Igbo with her experience and knowledge going by her age. She categorically told me Ikwerre was not Igbo. She said there was no time Ikwerre had accepted to be Igbo. Not before the war or after the war.
There are many ways Igbos can win the heart of these people that speak similar language and form a formidable front. It is far from annexation. That wont work. Before the war and when there was no idea of it even when the apparatchik of governance were fully under Igbo control in the Eastern Nigeria, Ikwerre in 1963 formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention.
First of all, Ikwerre is not Igbo. We have made this clear even before the civil war and that was why some Igbo accused Ikwerre of sabotage during the war. Second, in all efforts by the minorities in the former Eastern region to agitate for their own political, social and economic recognition and liberty in the Eastern region and Nigeria at large, Ikwerre participated fully: hence, the late Chief E. J. A. Oriji and others represented Ikwerre before and during most of the conferences set up to address the fears of the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria. Third, in May 1963, Ikwerre people formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention to state that Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group from any others in Nigeria. Fourth, in the 1964/65 elections into the Federal House of Representatives, National Council of Nigeria and the Camerouns (NCNC) nominated an Igbo man named Mr. Eluguronu to represent Ikwerre in the House. Ikwerre rejected it and fielded young Nwobidike Nwanodi as an independent candidate and he won. Fifth, Ikwerre's participation in all the movements for the creation of COR and later Rivers States clearly shows Ikwerre's rejection of been Igbo.
Lies n trash.
It was after the war that Ikwerres started changing themselves n their names n claiming they are no longer igbos . This was done for convenience n nothing more.
In any case Who cares if you see yourselves as Igbo or not.
You been Igbo is clearly for your own good but if you ppl choose not to be then good riddance to bad rubbish.
After all you ikkweres are a bunch of bitter, jealous illiterate n savage ppl. So who wants such ppl.
N for your info you better go warn your ppl to melo down the way they cry up n down claiming they are not igbos n planting seeds of hatred,cos very soon the igbos will get fed up n we go change am for una.
For now we have a bigger fish to fry

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by pasol4real(m): 11:54pm On May 15, 2020
ZIAZI:

By your moniker, I know of a fact that you're just a liability. Y not leave the Southern minorities alone! Who in the first place told you Igbos have been playing the role of big brother? These Niger Delta minority tribes you abuse is the reason y your Nnamdi Kanu wants Biafra if u dunno. Besides, the mainstay of Nigeria's wealth is hinged on these minorities. Ogbeni what's ur stress? You are playing big brother when your region is so so so so so underdeveloped. Rubbish!
Which region is under developed
Senseless goat . Have u been to the se?
Imagine this illiterates having the guts to insult the se
I don’t blame you I blame the British.
You’ve forgotten how u were slaves to Nd igbos

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by pasol4real(m): 11:56pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

You have Owerri, Aba, Enugu, Abakiliki, Umuahia, Onitcha mention them. You are not still satisfied. Why is Port Harcourt your problem? Port Harcourt is wholly Ikweres. Igbos are in no way Ikweres just as Ikweres are in no way Igbos.
How is this your business afonja?
When time comes we would know who owns port harcourt

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Str8talk21: 2:26am On May 16, 2020
it is OYC must be mad. your brothers were killed, AYC didn't beg you to forestall reprisal attacks, but when you only burn their settlements, you were shitting in ur pants while begging AYC to resist any attempt to retaliate. Are you guys really well?

3 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by ThatFairGuy: 4:07am On May 16, 2020
pasol4real:

Are u sure you have brains. Where did you see the great NK or IPOB in the write up
Brainwashed worshiper of late Nnamdi Kanu. So, are you saying they're not part of your UNACHIEVABLE Biafra Republic? SENSELESSNESS

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by BabaRamota1980: 5:51am On May 16, 2020
Str8talk21:
it is OYC must be mad. your brothers were killed, AYC didn't beg you to forestall reprisal attacks, but when you only burn their settlements, you were shitting in ur pants while begging AYC to resist any attempt to retaliate. Are you guys really well?

Yanminri na coward now
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by hintfin: 8:57am On May 16, 2020
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by LadySarah: 9:43am On May 16, 2020
Rubbish!
Deltans are not Igbo.
They should go sort themselves. When they have resources they aren't Igbo but when they are in trouble they become Igbo.

Ozu nwabekee

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by LadySarah: 9:45am On May 16, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
So suddenly, Anioma people are now Igbos again?

So suddenly, Igbos have grown beyond Onitsha again and into the so called South South?

You see why I tell my Igbo brethren that Ikwerre people are useless to us?

Because most times, they commit crimes in there region and are termed Igbos too.

This was how Nzeogwu started a coup and it was termed an Igbo coup.

A delta man that spent most parts of his life in the North and even answers Kaduna as a name suddenly became a pure Igbo man. Because of his actions, 3 million Igbo souls were wasted.

I will ask again; NDIGBO, IS IT NOT HIGH TIME WE STOP PLAYING BIG BROTHER TO THESE SOUTHERN DEVILISH MINORITIES SO THAT THE ENEMY WITHIN CAN FINISH THEM UP?

I'm very annoyed!
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by pasol4real(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Brainwashed worshiper of late Nnamdi Kanu. So, are you saying they're not part of your UNACHIEVABLE Biafra Republic? SENSELESSNESS
Where have u seen or heard of ohanaeze propagating Biafra.
You this descendant of a cockerel carrying fallen angel

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by goaldynboy: 11:20pm On May 16, 2020
ZIAZI:

Funny you! I am a proud Rivers Ikwerre man. I am quite aware that the Awaza people in Abia state are blessed with oil. But why would you guys pick on Niger Delta minorities 24/7 We do not make reference to you Igbos but you do it all the time. I love the Igbos for how industrious they are as well as the fact that I understand their dialect. But I wouldn't pick on them for no damn reason. JUST STOP ABUSING THE IKWERRES AS WELL AS OTHER MINORITY TRIBES IN THE SOUTH SOUTH BECAUSE WE HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT WE ARE NOT IGBOS! YOU CANNOT REWRITE HISTORY FOR US NAH!!!!

My friend shift out of my face!

You are a bloody Afonjah!!!

By your fruits we can smell the afonjarism in you from a far!!!!
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by PropertyBuying(f): 10:12am On May 17, 2020
Miracle1991:
can you provide any proof that the vigilante head was killed by Fulani?
Please provide any pictorial evidence to prove your accusations.
We need to realize that we're brothers and no need taking the lives of one another. Our leaders keep using elements of tribal, religious and political issues to turn Brothers into enemies.
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by blissmandate(m): 7:00am On May 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Who is now the REAL COWARD? cheesy
fear fear indigenous people of biafra. Imagine their cowardice statement
cowardice igbo

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by sircatherine45(m): 12:22am On May 20, 2020
LadySarah:
Rubbish!
Deltans are not Igbo.
They should go sort themselves. When they have resources they aren't Igbo but when they are in trouble they become Igbo.

Ozu nwabekee

i tire ooo
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by sircatherine45(m): 12:23am On May 20, 2020
PropertyBuying:

We need to realize that we're brothers and no need taking the lives of one another. Our leaders keep using elements of tribal, religious and political issues to turn Brothers into enemies.

shun da talk
e dey irritate me
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Gambit23: 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
otizs:

Go to your region and develop it! You won't listen. Don't know whats wrong with Igbo people. Go back home, go back to your various states and develop it in few years time, see northern states economic crumbled angry

U dont know shiit.

If u do, u will know why IGBOs even leave the SE n SS and move to other zones.
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Gambit23: 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
ZIAZI:

Tell ur Ikwerre brothers to leave ohaneze ndi IGBO.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / Governor Uzodinma Picks Nnedinma Ekomaru As New Running Mate, Dumps Deputy / Obanikoro Flees To US As Fayose's Court Case Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.