Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North (42195 Views)

Wike And Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Held Responsible For Oyigbo Killings - Ohanaeze / Xenophobia: FG Faults Fake Videos In Circulation, Warns Against Reprisal Attacks / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by DEROX: 1:18pm On May 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
At the bolds got me laughing cheesy grin but Anioma people are not Igbo according to our Yoruba people grin well keep shouting online that Anioma is not Igbo let's keep developing Asaba and other Igbo towns in Delta state. With oil money cheesy the only people that understand the games well are urhobo people,please you guys should also continue to shout that port Harcourt is not Igbo land cheesy grin let it keep developing till when is time cheesy grin
After wike called Igbo people criminals lol and boldly said he is ikwerre

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by chrisxxx(m): 1:19pm On May 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

When Igbo say CHI and Ikwerre say CHI, are the two identifiers of exact same thing? When Igbo say CHUKWU and Ikwere say CHUKWU, are you both saying same thing? If not then you are different and separate cultures and people.

It will do Ikwerre good to find new identities in culture and language that is distinct and does not share reference with meanings and terms in Igbo.
You see that is the problems Igbos have. There a lot of things involve in speaking similar language. You speak the same language with your brother does it make you your brother? Bros please reason. Spanish is similar to Portuguese are they the same? No.
We could have a union of Igbos and others who speak different language. It will help everyone. But by the time you want to erase my identity I will back out.

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by 9japride(m): 1:24pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

You see that is the problems Igbos have. There a lot of things involve in speaking similar language. You speak the same language with your brother does it make you your brother? Bros please reason. Spanish is similar to Portuguese are they the same? No.
We could have a union of Igbos and others who speak different language. It will help everyone. But by the time you want to erase my identity I will back out.
[color=#006600][/color]

There are Yorubas in Edo, Kwara state. Will one then say they are not Yoruba because they are found in other states? Igbos are present in other states too. It's vengeful fellows like the ones present in nairaland, if given the opportunity will ensure Igbos are thrown into the Atlantic ocean because of hate and envy. Government people just woke up one morning and drew a line on the ground to decide which area one will reside. Just like Ebira which are found in Niger, FCT, Nasarawa and Edo states. Yet they are all still Ebira.

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 15, 2020
Smoke55:
where Is The Ignorance?
How can people who took part in the Biafra war not be Igbos, the likes of Achuzie are from where

Come to think of it are you wiser than Ohaneze that intervened, are you more Igbo than him

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by humilitypays(m): 1:40pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

You started well by narrating the relationship between The UK of GB and Northern Ireland. These people have similar culture that outside UK it is hard to tell Welsh from English. That is what is expected of Igbos to do. We are the same people with common origin. However saying Ikwerre is Igbo which you know is not correct is the problem. Igbo and other related tribes can form a union. That is the best way to have a formidable front.
You cannot take that away. Anywhere outside the UK, nobody talks much about Welshman or Irishman....they see them all as English people or UK people, it is then that these people will clarify that they are not English but Welsh or Irish.

It won't take Igbos anything to deny Goodluck Jonathan, but because of Igbos defending Goodluck Jonathan, Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas have called Igbos several names, attacked so many Igbos offline and online just for standing for Goodluck Jonathan.

Igbos went all out to defend Ousted CJN Walter Onnoghen, and if they had the power they would have even restored his position, if it were to be Niger Delta people, they will deny Igbos and even join to nail Igbos to the cross and give reasons how late Ojukwu and Aguiyi Ironsi stopped Adaka Boro from agitating for Niger Delta freedom.

You can bookmark this page, it won't continue like that with time, younger generation of Igbos are observing, they are becoming wiser....just as America generation of today have stopped playing big brother and Police of the oppressed in the world....and reason so many Middle-East terror groups are expanding into Africa.

That time will come if the so called Niger Delta people of today don't change their attitude towards Igbos of today, crude oil that's making them deny Igbos today will not be there forever!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

You started well by narrating the relationship between The UK of GB and Northern Ireland. These people have similar culture that outside UK it is hard to tell Welsh from English. That is what is expected of Igbos to do. We are the same people with common origin. However saying Ikwerre is Igbo which you know is not correct is the problem. Igbo and other related tribes can form a union. That is the best way to have a formidable front.

You people should stop copying Igbo culture. It's very simple.

Turn towards the neighboring Ijoid tribes and join them.

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Smoke55: 1:53pm On May 15, 2020
legitimatefrank1:
How can people who took part in the Biafra war not be Igbos, the likes of Achuzie are from where

Come to think of it are you wiser than Ohaneze that intervened, are you more Igbo than him
the biafran civil war is in the past,beside then we have eastern region as one,unlike now we have south east and south south...the only biafrans or igbos that i know or recorganise are the igbos in south east,any body in the ss claiming igbo or biafra is fooling him or her selve...let them sstherners join ikweres and form their own ethnic group we are fade up with them here in igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Igboid: 2:28pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx :

Bros I feel your pain. I am Ikwerre and I vehemently oppose the notion that I am Igbo. My grandmother was an Igbo lady from Umuahia. When she was alive I tried to ask her if Ikwerre was Igbo with her experience and knowledge going by her age. She categorically told me Ikwerre was not Igbo. She said there was no time Ikwerre had accepted to be Igbo. Not before the war or after the war.

Your grandma is entitled to her opinions and not to her own facts Ikwerres were identified and classified as Igbos from the moment colonials set foot in the east, just like other Igbo clans like Nsukka, Idemili, Nkanu, etc were classified as same.
Igbo was a generic term for us all. So you see things like Owerri-Ibo, Ikwerre-Ibo, Etche-Ibo, Isuama-Ibo, Onicha-Ibo, Enuani-Ibo, Ika-Ibo, Awka-Ibo, Izzi-Ibo, Agbaja -Ibo, Aro-Ibo,Ngwa-Ibo, Ndoki-Ibo, etc in colonial documents. Everyone one had their own clan they pay allegiance to, while Ibo was a generic term for all.
What Ikwerre did after the war was erase the generic name, promote the clan name to a generic one, and then replace the big void created by removing Ibo with a fabricated Bini origin story and undiluted Igbophobia.

There are many ways Igbos can win the heart of these people that speak similar language and form a formidable front. It is far from annexation. That wont work. Before the war and when there was no idea of it even when the apparatchik of governance were fully under Igbo control in the Eastern Nigeria, Ikwerre in 1963 formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention.

Ikwerres were not the only Igbo clan who formed a convention. Infact, within the Igbo union of those days, each Igbo clan had their own independent union, with Igbo union only serving a supervisory role. Mbaise had their own convention, Ngwa had theirs, every clan had theirs and the inter clan associations rivalry was very high and tense. Igbo union tried to keep everyone calm.
I notice that modern Ikwerre revisionists usually hype about this Ikwerre Convention as a proof of their non Igbo agitations, like other Igbo clans didn't have theirs at that same period.

First of all, Ikwerre is not Igbo. We have made this clear even before the civil war and that was why some Igbo accused Ikwerre of sabotage during the war. Second, in all efforts by the minorities in the former Eastern region to agitate for their own political, social and economic recognition and liberty in the Eastern region and Nigeria at large, Ikwerre participated fully: hence, the late Chief E. J. A. Oriji and others represented Ikwerre before and during most of the conferences set up to address the fears of the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria.

While I agree with you 100% that Ikwerre is not Igbo and that Ohanaeze Ndiigbo owe the rest of Igbo clans the debt of openly announcing expulsion of Ikwerres from Igbo Union and the expulsion of all Ikwerre persons currently holding post in the union.
I have to set the history right.
There is a thread about The COR agitation and willink commission . No Ikwerre person came to the commission and denied they are not Igbos.
Also note that the Afiko, Izzi, Ezza and Ikwo were also involved in the commission deliberations, this wasn't because they were denying their Igbo identity, but because just like Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye and Etche, they were sharing a province with minorities in Ogoja province.
So we know for sure that while Ikwerres like other Igbo clans had their own conventions that promoted their clannish agitations and aspirations, they were not pushing for severance from Igbo union entirely, neither were they in Igbo denial, as of 1957 when the commission was set up.

Third, in May 1963, Ikwerre people formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention to state that Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group from any others in Nigeria. Fourth, in the 1964/65 elections into the Federal House of Representatives, National Council of Nigeria and the Camerouns (NCNC) nominated an Igbo man named Mr. Eluguronu to represent Ikwerre in the House. Ikwerre rejected it and fielded young Nwobidike Nwanodi as an independent candidate and he won. Fifth, Ikwerre's participation in all the movements for the creation of COR and later Rivers States clearly shows Ikwerre's rejection of been Igbo.

Any neutral evidence dated 1963 to support the claim that Ogbakor Ikwerre declared for independence from the Igbo in 1963. Please don't quote materials dated after 1963.
Elugruonu vs Nwanodi issue had been addressed severally here, see here, you lots must stop twisting things out of context. :

Ikwerre were only in Willink commission process just as Izzi, Ezza Ikwo and Afikpo people were. They shared provinces with minorities and at no point told the willink commission that they favour independence from Igbo ethnicity to float their own individual tags.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by BabaRamota1980: 2:39pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

I am not talking about similarity. My point is Ikwerre and Igbo sharing SAME meaning, not similarity.
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by NaijaAlien: 2:57pm On May 15, 2020
Nincompoop spotted
AngryIgboMan:
So suddenly, Anioma people are now Igbos again?

So suddenly, Igbos have grown beyond Onitsha again and into the so called South South?

You see why I tell my Igbo brethren that Ikwerre people are useless to us?

Because most times, they commit crimes in there region and are termed Igbos too.

This was how Nzeogwu started a coup and it was termed an Igbo coup.

A delta man that spent most parts of his life in the North and even answers Kaduna as a name suddenly became a pure Igbo man. Because of his actions, 3 million Igbo souls were wasted.

I will ask again; NDIGBO, IS IT NOT HIGH TIME WE STOP PLAYING BIG BROTHER TO THESE SOUTHERN DEVILISH MINORITIES SO THAT THE ENEMY WITHIN CAN FINISH THEM UP?
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 15, 2020
believe Igbo people at your own risk.... Even communal clash now is Fulani herdsmen... Truth will come out one day.. We should stand against evil not blame games...

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by chrisxxx(m): 3:08pm On May 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

I am not talking about similarity. My point is Ikwerre and Igbo sharing SAME meaning, not similarity.
What does Va mean in Ibo?
What does nha mean in Ibo>
what does piam mean in Ibo?
Bros they have a lot in common but not same.
Lastly do you consider Igbo as Ikwerre?

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by goaldynboy: 3:15pm On May 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

Ask your Igbo wanderers, sojourners and settlers who can't and won't stay in their regions...

Such reports bespeak lack of dignity and self respect among the Igbo nation...

A set of individuals from the North will do nonsense and anyhow in the South, including East, and your people are not allowed to retaliate, all because you have investments in the North... Tueh!!!

I'm Igbo but I'm not angry with your comment!

I'm tired of calling on those Motherfvckers staying in the North to leave North! There are so many opportunities in South that they can Invest on! Once all Igbos leave North the Fulani's cannot not mess up in the East and go scot free!!!!!
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Young042galaxy: 3:26pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

What does Va mean in Ibo?
What does nha mean in Ibo>
what does piam mean in Ibo?
Bros they have a lot in common but not same.
Lastly do you consider Igbo as Ikwerre?
What does kpiyo mean in Igbo?
What does gbogu mean in Igbo?
What does jegbo mean in Igbo? Etc.
And guess what?
This are some of languages spoken in Awgu LGA of Enugu state which other Igbo people doesn't understand and its called olu ndị in Igbo Language which every clan have it too.

5 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by goaldynboy: 3:40pm On May 15, 2020
ZIAZI:

By your moniker, I know of a fact that you're just a liability. Y not leave the Southern minorities alone! Who in the first place told you Igbos have been playing the role of big brother? These Niger Delta minority tribes you abuse is the reason y your Nnamdi Kanu wants Biafra if u dunno. Besides, the mainstay of Nigeria's wealth is hinged on these minorities. Ogbeni what's ur stress? You are playing big brother when your region is so so so so so underdeveloped. Rubbish!

What concerns you a Yoruba interloper with Niger Delta matter?!

Who made you a Niger Delta defender?!

Ignorance has made you to be unaware that IMO and ABIA STATES has oil and Nigeria has been drilling oil in these states since the '70s! Anambra also have huge reserve of oil in commercial quantity!

When you haven't left that your hut at Ogbomoso since 50yrs of your miserable existence, why won't you assume that other states are as undeveloped as yours!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by chrisxxx(m): 3:47pm On May 15, 2020
Young042galaxy:

What does kpiyo mean in Igbo?
What does gbogu mean in Igbo?
What does jegbo mean in Igbo? Etc.
And guess what?
This are some of languages spoken in Awgu LGA of Enugu state which other Igbo people doesn't understand and its called olu ndị in Igbo Language which every clan have it too.
Do the people of Awgu deny they are Igbo? This is the fundamental question. It is not possible for more than one million persons to agree on what is not truth. Overwhelmingly the Ikwerres {Iwhurnohna) people generally say they are not Igbo. Every community of Ikwerreland says they are not Igbo. It os not not a group saying yes and the other saying no. It is not a matter of denying. It is a matter of who we are. Just take me as a brother. However I am not you.

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by goaldynboy: 4:18pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

Bros I feel your pain. I am Ikwerre and I vehemently oppose the notion that I am Igbo. My grandmother was an Igbo lady from Umuahia. When she was alive I tried to ask her if Ikwerre was Igbo with her experience and knowledge going by her age. She categorically told me Ikwerre was not Igbo. She said there was no time Ikwerre had accepted to be Igbo. Not before the war or after the war.
There are many ways Igbos can win the heart of these people that speak similar language and form a formidable front. It is far from annexation. That wont work. Before the war and when there was no idea of it even when the apparatchik of governance were fully under Igbo control in the Eastern Nigeria, Ikwerre in 1963 formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention.
First of all, Ikwerre is not Igbo. We have made this clear even before the civil war and that was why some Igbo accused Ikwerre of sabotage during the war. Second, in all efforts by the minorities in the former Eastern region to agitate for their own political, social and economic recognition and liberty in the Eastern region and Nigeria at large, Ikwerre participated fully: hence, the late Chief E. J. A. Oriji and others represented Ikwerre before and during most of the conferences set up to address the fears of the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria. Third, in May 1963, Ikwerre people formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention to state that Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group from any others in Nigeria. Fourth, in the 1964/65 elections into the Federal House of Representatives, National Council of Nigeria and the Camerouns (NCNC) nominated an Igbo man named Mr. Eluguronu to represent Ikwerre in the House. Ikwerre rejected it and fielded young Nwobidike Nwanodi as an independent candidate and he won. Fifth, Ikwerre's participation in all the movements for the creation of COR and later Rivers States clearly shows Ikwerre's rejection of been Igbo.

I thought you would have lectured us on the origin and history of Ikwerre and why they copy every culture of the Igbos, speaks Igbo and bear deliberately adulterated Igbo names!

Unfortunately, you were just talking politics, politics, politics!!!!

All the same, no body is forcing you to be Igbo or Biafra! We have passed that stage very long ago!!!!!

Ikwerre doesn't even have oil deposit in their land! Tell us one Ikwerre town that produces oil? They are just lucky to have settled in Obi Akpor and Port Harcourt where oil companies have offices! The people that have crude oil in their land are the Etchies, Ahoadas, Bonny, Ogonis, the Kalabaris and Ijaws!!!

Consequently, I don't see the benefit of dragging Ikwerre to Igbo or Biafra!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by xpool(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2020
simplycarro:

That is not true, it’s like saying all igbo traders are criminals if you come across one that acted fraudulently in the market
Stop covering up for national criminals.
Amotekun was formed because of Fulani criminals, different towns and villages s have formed vigilantes nationwide because of foolanis. Fulani's are the most hated tribe in Nigeria now. If you are a Fulani, then you should be aware that in time to come Fulani's would find it difficult to dwell outside their own villages

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Igboid: 4:29pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

Do the people of Awgu deny they are Igbo? This is the fundamental question. It is not possible for more than one million persons to agree on what is not truth. Overwhelmingly the Ikwerres {Iwhurnohna) people generally say they are not Igbo. Every community of Ikwerreland says they are not Igbo. It os not not a group saying yes and the other saying no. It is not a matter of denying. It is a matter of who we are. Just take me as a brother. However I am not you.

Actually, there have been times in history billions believed in a lie. Like flat earth, demon causative theory of disease, the humoral balance theory of disease, the belief by many white races that blacks are subhumans, etc.

We know for sure that Ikwerre claim to Bini origin is a post 1970 historical shameful fabrication , we know that Ikwerre fully participated in Igbo Union activities before 1970.
We know that Ndiigbo never marginalized Ikwerres, because while we had non Ikwerre political office holders representing PH, we also had non Nkanu/Nike/Ngwo political office holders representing Enugu capital, we had an Ogba man by the name S. O Omasi, an Ogba man from ONELGA serving as provincial commisoner for Onitsha province in Eastern region.
What then, should Onitsha and Enugu people have started crying of Igbo domination, by tagging other clans Igbos and themselves non Igbos, because a non Onitsha or Enugu indigene was picked by NCNC to represent the province?

See the list of provincial commisoners in Eastern region below. :
Eastern Regional Provincial Commissioners
1. Michael C. Awgu [ Igbo : Awka ] - Abakaliki province
2. Peter Aka Onwe ( Igbo : Ishielu ] - Ananng province
3. Akpan Ekukinam Bassey ( Annang : Ikot Ekpene ]- Calabar province
4. Nicholas L. P. Apreala ( ljaw : Nembe ] -Degema Province
5. E. A. Chime [ Igbo : Udi ] - Enugu Province
6. Edwin Dumpe Sigalo [ Ogoni : Ogoni ] -Ogoja Province
7. S. O. Masi [ Igbo : Omoku ] -Onitsha Province
8. A. O. Chikwendu [ Igbo : Bende ] - Owerri

9. Michael Etta Ogon ( Boki : Ikom ] -Ph Province
10. R.O. Iwuagwu [ Igbo : Okigwe ]- Umuahia Province
11. Daniel James Edoho ( Eket : Eket ]-Uyo Province
12. Philetus George Warmate [ ljaw : Degema ]- Yenegoa
et November , 1961 , No. 71 , Vol . 10
ESTERN NIGERIA Notice No. 1275
APPOINTMENT OF PROVINCIAL กาล COMMISSIONERS

5 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by goaldynboy: 4:31pm On May 15, 2020
Miracle1991:
If not because of Buhari, the igbos in the north for don hear am. Continue burning and killing the northerers, when the north start I hope you will not cry to UN,US,UK,FIFA,CAF etc

You are hopelessly useless to make such daft comment!

So blind to see that your idiotic and murderous Fulani brothers first killed two of the community members in delta state?!!

Mind you, nobody has monopoly of violence!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by goaldynboy: 4:53pm On May 15, 2020
Igboid:
chrisxxx :

Your grandma is entitled to her opinions and not to her own facts Ikwerres were identified and classified as Igbos from the moment colonials set foot in the east, just like other Igbo clans like Nsukka, Idemili, Nkanu, etc were classified as same.
Igbo was a generic term for us all. So you see things like Owerri-Ibo, Ikwerre-Ibo, Etche-Ibo, Isuama-Ibo, Onicha-Ibo, Enuani-Ibo, Ika-Ibo, Awka-Ibo, Izzi-Ibo, Agbaja -Ibo, Aro-Ibo,Ngwa-Ibo, Ndoki-Ibo, etc in colonial documents. Everyone one had their own clan they pay allegiance to, while Ibo was a generic term for all.
What Ikwerre did after the war was erase the generic name, promote the clan name to a generic one, and then replace the big void created by removing Ibo with a fabricated Bini origin story and undiluted Igbophobia.

Ikwerres were not the only Igbo clan who formed a convention. Infact, within the Igbo union of those days, each Igbo clan had their own independent union, with Igbo union only serving a supervisory role. Mbaise had their own convention, Ngwa had theirs, every clan had theirs and the inter clan associations rivalry was very high and tense. Igbo union tried to keep everyone calm.
I notice that modern Ikwerre revisionists usually hype about this Ikwerre Convention as a proof of their non Igbo agitations, like other Igbo clans didn't have theirs at that same period.

While I agree with you 100% that Ikwerre is not Igbo and that Ohanaeze Ndiigbo owe the rest of Igbo clans the debt of openly announcing expulsion of Ikwerres from Igbo Union and the expulsion of all Ikwerre persons currently holding post in the union.
I have to set the history right.
There is a thread about The COR agitation and willink commission . No Ikwerre person came to the commission and denied they are not Igbos.
Also note that the Afiko, Izzi, Ezza and Ikwo were also involved in the commission deliberations, this wasn't because they were denying their Igbo identity, but because just like Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye and Etche, they were sharing a province with minorities in Ogoja province.
So we know for sure that while Ikwerres like other Igbo clans had their own conventions that promoted their clannish agitations and aspirations, they were not pushing for severance from Igbo union entirely, neither were they in Igbo denial, as of 1957 when the commission was set up.

Any neutral evidence dated 1963 to support the claim that Ogbakor Ikwerre declared for independence from the Igbo in 1963. Please don't quote materials dated after 1963.
Elugruonu vs Nwanodi issue had been addressed severally here, see here, you lots must stop twisting things out of context. :

Ikwerre were only in Willink commission process just as Izzi, Ezza Ikwo and Afikpo people were. They shared provinces with minorities and at no point told the willink commission that they favour independence from Igbo ethnicity to float their own individual tags.

I must confess I really enjoyed your very educative writeup!!!!

You must be a historian!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Dedetwo(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2020
chrisxxx:

First of all, Ikwerre is not Igbo. We have made this clear even before the civil war and that was why some Igbo accused Ikwerre of sabotage during the war. Second, in all efforts by the minorities in the former Eastern region to agitate for their own political, social and economic recognition and liberty in the Eastern region and Nigeria at large, Ikwerre participated fully: hence, the late Chief E. J. A. Oriji and others represented Ikwerre before and during most of the conferences set up to address the fears of the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria. Third, in May 1963, Ikwerre people formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention to state that Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group from any others in Nigeria. Fourth, in the 1964/65 elections into the Federal House of Representatives, National Council of Nigeria and the Camerouns (NCNC) nominated an Igbo man named Mr. Eluguronu to represent Ikwerre in the House. Ikwerre rejected it and fielded young Nwobidike Nwanodi as an independent candidate and he won. Fifth, Ikwerre's participation in all the movements for the creation of COR and later Rivers States clearly shows Ikwerre's rejection of been Igbo.

Since you copied the bolded from depth of lies, you have made a sermon out of it. There was nothing like federal election in 1965. There was federal election of 1964 which was boycotted by NCNC, AG, UMBC and NEPU. However during regional election in 1965, few boycotted areas saw election and majority of NCNC candidates were returned unopposed. The Elugaraonu saga was not Ikwerre issue. The contest was for Mile 2 Diobu district which was under Ahoada Cnetral District or constituency. The fight was between Orlu/Okigwe axis and Mbaise/Bende. Ikwerre was never a factor in the outcome that saw young Barrister Nwobidike Nwanodi who had no penny of his own or grassroots support to win in Ahoada Division. Mbaise/Bende axis wing of NCNC had adopted Nwobidike Nwanodi for Mile 2 Diobu in Ahoada Central District to regional house. Even though Mr. Elugwaraonu was from Mbaise, his town union has informed him that their support was marked for Nwobidike Nwanodi because Elugwaraonu stepped down as a candidate for Mayor of Port Harcourt. Elugaraonu insisted to run as independent and lost the election. Even as the election was concluded from the polls, it took tribunal headed by Chief R.B.K. Okafor which was setup by NCNC to resolve the political saga. Mr. Elugwaraonu was not the only prominent politicians who ran as independent and lost. Chief Emenike, the former and first Mayor of Port Harcourt, also lost as independent candidate.

4 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Sunsets: 4:57pm On May 15, 2020
Iwu otele.
AngryIgboMan:
So suddenly, Anioma people are now Igbos again?

So suddenly, Igbos have grown beyond Onitsha again and into the so called South South?

You see why I tell my Igbo brethren that Ikwerre people are useless to us?

Because most times, they commit crimes in there region and are termed Igbos too.

This was how Nzeogwu started a coup and it was termed an Igbo coup.

A delta man that spent most parts of his life in the North and even answers Kaduna as a name suddenly became a pure Igbo man. Because of his actions, 3 million Igbo souls were wasted.

I will ask again; NDIGBO, IS IT NOT HIGH TIME WE STOP PLAYING BIG BROTHER TO THESE SOUTHERN DEVILISH MINORITIES SO THAT THE ENEMY WITHIN CAN FINISH THEM UP?
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Igboid: 5:05pm On May 15, 2020
Dedetwo:
[/b]

Since you copied the bolded from depth of lies, you have made a sermon out of it. There was nothing like federal election in 1965. There was federal election of 1964 which was boycotted by NCNC, AG, UMBC and NEPU. However during regional election in 1965, few boycotted areas saw election and majority of NCNC candidates were returned unopposed. The Elugaraonu saga was not Ikwerre issue. The contest was for Mile 2 Diobu district which was under Ahoada Cnetral District or constituency. The fight was between Orlu/Okigwe axis and Mbaise/Bende. Ikwerre was never a factor in the outcome that saw young Barrister Nwobidike Nwanodi who had no penny of his own or grassroots support to win in Ahoada Division. Mbaise/Bende axis wing of NCNC had adopted Nwobidike Nwanodi for Mile 2 Diobu in Ahoada Central District to regional house. Even though Mr. Elugwaraonu was from Mbaise, his town union has informed him that their support was marked for Nwobidike Nwanodi because Elugwaraonu stepped down as a candidate for Mayor of Port Harcourt. Elugaraonu insisted to run as independent and lost the election. Even as the election was concluded from the polls, it took tribunal headed by Chief R.B.K. Okafor which was setup by NCNC to resolve the political saga. Mr. Elugwaraonu was not the only prominent politicians who ran as independent and lost. Chief Emenike, the former and first Mayor of Port Harcourt, also lost as independent candidate.

Thanks for setting record right.

Imagine the type of lies these Igboids are spinning against Ndiigbo when Nwanodi himself was sponsored by an Igbo clannish group.

This was same with Eyo Ita, who had many Igbo supporters who together with him refused to step down when Zik wanted a reset button pressed. Those Igbo members were ejected from NCNC together with Eyo Ita, who they rallied around to form a new party and tried to wrestle power from NCNC and failed.
It was never a tribal thing. It was about ideological interests with Igbos fully represented on Eyo Ita and Zik sides, likewise minorities.

But modern day history revisionists have twisted everything to run along with their Igbophobic agenda.

Imagine S. O Omasi from Ogba was representing Onitsha province as the Commissioner when he wasn't from the province, simply because he lived and worked in the province all his adult life, hence NCNC found him worthy to represent the zone.
Ogba-Bini modern day Igbophobic revisionist would not note this when they start running their agenda of Igbos marginalizing them in Eastern region.

4 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Miracle1991: 5:06pm On May 15, 2020
goaldynboy:

You are hopelessly useless to make such daft comment!

So blind to see that your idiotic and murderous Fulani brothers first killed two of the community members in delta state?!!

Mind you, nobody has monopoly of violence!!!!!!!
can you provide any proof that the vigilante head was killed by Fulani?
Please provide any pictorial evidence to prove your accusations.
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by googi: 6:36pm On May 15, 2020
Interesting twist. But when Yoruba in NCNC advised Zik to present Yoruba to lead in Ibadan against Awo, Zik refused.

Igbo call it Tribalism in the West but you are claiming ideological differences against Ita Eyo? grin

Igboid:

Imagine the type of lies these Igboids are spinning against Ndiigbo when Nwanodi himself was sponsored by an Igbo clannish group.

This was same with Eyo Ita, who had many Igbo supporters who together with him refused to step down when Zik wanted a reset button pressed. Those Igbo members were[b] ejected from NCNC together with Eyo Ita, who they rallied around to form a new party and tried to wrestle power from NCNC and failed.
It was never a tribal thing. It was about ideological interests with Igbos fully represented on Eyo Ita and Zik sides, likewise minorities.
[/b]

But modern day history revisionists have twisted everything to run along with their Igbophobic agenda.

Imagine S. O Omasi from Ogba was representing Onitsha province as the Commissioner when he wasn't from the province, simply because he lived and worked in the province all his adult life, hence NCNC found him worthy to represent the zone.
Ogba-Bini modern day Igbophobic revisionist would not note this when they start running their agenda of Igbos marginalizing them in Eastern region.

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 15, 2020
goaldynboy:

I must confess I really enjoyed your very educative writeup!!!!

You must be a historian!!!!!
I wanted to indulge that chrixx guy but,here I have someone more vast than I already engaging him..

1 Like

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 15, 2020
Dedetwo:
[/b]

I see you...thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 15, 2020
Igboid:

This was same with Eyo Ita, who had many Igbo supporters who together with him refused to step down when Zik wanted a reset button pressed. Those Igbo members were ejected from NCNC together with Eyo Ita, who they rallied around to form a new party and tried to wrestle power from NCNC and failed.

igboid walahi I duff cap for you,something I rarely do...
I have gathered so much info on topics like these but you make me seem useless..

4 Likes

Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by otizs: 9:25pm On May 15, 2020
MetaPhysical:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/05/14/okpanam-killings-ohanaeze-moves-against-reprisal-attacks-on-igbos-in-north/
Go to your region and develop it! You won't listen. Don't know whats wrong with Igbo people. Go back home, go back to your various states and develop it in few years time, see northern states economic crumbled angry
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by sircatherine45(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2020
awgumayor:
You can't blame Ohaneze, they are trying to avoid another reprisal attacks as happened in 1966. An Okpanam man from Anioma but entire Igbo bear the brunt. Even if Emeka from Agbo, or Emeka from Ikwerre, or Emeka from Etche killed a fulani, Hausa/fulani will not ask Emeka living in the north are you from Agbo or ikwerre, etc before they kill him. What they know is that Igbo killed a fulani. You don't expect Ohaneze to come and tell the Arewa Youths, look, the Opkanam people are not Igbos please don't attack igbos in the north. Ohaneze will still stand for the resentful ikwerre despite their resentments. Igbos are big enough to forgive and protect their prodigal sons.

best comment so far...
Re: Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North by sircatherine45(m): 10:54pm On May 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

When Igbo say CHI and Ikwerre say CHI, are the two identifiers of exact same thing? When Igbo say CHUKWU and Ikwere say CHUKWU, are you both saying same thing? If not then you are different and separate cultures and people.

It will do Ikwerre good to find new identities in culture and language that is distinct and does not share reference with meanings and terms in Igbo.

gbam!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Northerners React To Peter Obi's Ambition (Pictures) / Governor Uzodinma Picks Nnedinma Ekomaru As New Running Mate, Dumps Deputy / Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.