Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund (35315 Views)

FG To Sell Three Presidential Jets / Lawmakers Budget Fresh N30 Billion For National Assembly Renovation / Top 10 Presidential Jets Of African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Leo3333: 12:41pm On May 15, 2020
[s]
ZooOga:
who used the derogatory word regime instead of administration? the loser or the journalist? undecided

[/s]

Stale.
This government has proven to be the most corrupt, most wasteful and the most incompetent in the history of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Thomthom(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2020
JAOS:
the way this man is sounding i think if he was the president he would have given this country as a loan to global market
Bros u no lie that's... Nigeria politician hmmmm
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by nitrogen(m): 12:51pm On May 15, 2020
Doveflies:

Mr you that knows all.... Selling all this things is not to fund all the budget.....
Imagine selling all dis things and getting 5billion naira,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... 5billion is gonna do alot.......

Did you read the post I did quote?
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by misterjosh(m): 12:53pm On May 15, 2020
Not bad, but who would buy aircraft at this kind of time... old aircrafts at that again...
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 15, 2020
GamalNasser:
After we sell the presidential jets and use it to pay Political elites salary for just one month then what next? Those jets are not the problem of Nigeria but bad governance, heavy reccurent expenditure and corruption ..all the jets in our presidential fleet can't fetch the govt 75 milllion dollars yet under in the past one month we have seen a Buhari minister claim she distributed 200 million dollars to poor people on the street ..Nigerias mismanagement is beyond those jets , if we are serious to getting this country financially on track the we need to look are the sources of our reccurent expenditure items especially the payroll of the political class and over populated unproductive civil service .

Are you Saying that the minister for disaster management, Amina wetin wetin is the Diezani Madueke of Buhary regime ?
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by GamalNasser: 12:56pm On May 15, 2020
Naughtysite:

Are you Saying that the minister for disaster management, Amina wetin wetin is the Diezani Madueke of Buhary regime ?

Yes that woman is the Diezani of this govt , she has started another claiming she is spending 623 million a day feeding school children at home

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:56pm On May 15, 2020
GamalNasser:
After we sell the presidential jets and use it to pay Political elites salary for just one month then what next? Those jets are not the problem of Nigeria but bad governance, heavy reccurent expenditure and corruption ..all the jets in our presidential fleet can't fetch the govt 75 milllion dollars yet under in the past one month we have seen a Buhari minister claim she distributed 200 million dollars to poor people on the street ..Nigerias mismanagement is beyond those jets , if we are serious to getting this country financially on track the we need to look are the sources of our reccurent expenditure items especially the payroll of the political class and over populated unproductive civil service .
You're very correct but so is he. Look at this phrase: "heavy recurrent expenditure". I'm sure you'll agree the cost of maintaining 10 jets can be described with these words.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2020
contigiency:
Atiku is a true replica of do as I say, but don't do as I do. Was his sense on compulsory leave when he was in power that he didn't move for all the reforms he is presently preaching? Listen to Atiku at your own perils.
When he was in power we didn't have recession after recession or cash crunch like we've experienced with this admin. Instead of guzzling loans as we have now, we were paying off loans then.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by BREYZ: 1:30pm On May 15, 2020
m140:

E for resign then if he meant good na, since they are doing it the way it's not supposed to...
Keep deceiving yourself there . Atiku be the messiah

You no get sense at all. Overgrown zombie

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by PropertyBuying(f): 1:31pm On May 15, 2020
pquaver:
he should use his solution for himself after all he is broke. His company recently laid off staffs. Why layoff staffs why not sell the company? His solutions are need more in his companies going bankrupt.
Hmmmm...
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Leo3333: 1:36pm On May 15, 2020
EmekaMD:
I mentioned these as my reasons why I objected the plea for IMF to cancel our national debts.

Why should they cancel our debts when our president and his daughters fly on 10 different private jets while the leaders of the western world fly on commercial planes.

They want to spend 25b on a national assembly building that is as good as new. When our hospitals lack the basic facilities.

This is why I will never be convinced to pay taxes on my free volition.
If they catch me they should collect it by force otherwise no show for them.

I'm not interested in funding their expensive lifestyles.

It hurts really badly seeing a substantial chunk of my salary going into taxes that end up being frittered away while my personal business gets almost a 10% shortfall in the name of WHT and VAT deducted right from source during clients' payments.

The urge to evade tax has never been this intense in me.
Can you offer tips on how to get around this criminal WHT and VAT taken from businesses?
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by samunaka: 1:41pm On May 15, 2020
At the end of the day they will still come back and say he sold all the presidential fleet to his cronies, he spent 8yrs in power and could not repair the national assembly, and now it's in a dilapidated condition, our problem in this country is not lack of ideas policy implementation
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by chloedogie(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2020
georgeiyke009:
Nope. I am a citizen of Nigeria and that is enough and the main political party that counts.

Whether PDP or APC, if the interest of the country is jettisoned for personal interest, still the same pot of soup.

That is where we get it wrong. We are all always waiting for the general elections to elect those that the useless delegates have voted for during the primaries. We need to be involved in the selections too so that we won't be stuck with only Buhari vs Atiku thing.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
A man that grounded Nigeria power sector with his fellow idiotic Boss have no audacity to educate a world class illiterate

you foolish politicians are all the same. God punish all Nigeria present politicians, you will not know peace in your lifetime with the way you wasted this country resources

Thunder fire Atiku Hypocrisy there. foolish man

To add it up, and the people who wish the country bad, not only the politicians
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:56pm On May 15, 2020
ZooOga:
who used the derogatory word regime instead of administration? the loser or the journalist? undecided

Funny that atiku is not there yet the vault is empty. Go figure.
Besides posting this pictures shows the level of your ignorance of happenings so far in dis govt

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On May 15, 2020
For the first time, i reason with this guy . . .Kudos to him
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by antifat(m): 3:23pm On May 15, 2020
But if he's bin government he won't think or do so.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by NGpatriot: 3:31pm On May 15, 2020
Chucks234:

How did he ground the power sector? You talk as if you had constant power before he became vice president. Just so you know the vice president has no power to appropriate funds. Please educate yourself before spewing factless comments on social media.

We did not have constant power before Atiku and his boss, but they spent more on power than any administration and they still barely increase over what they met so what's your point?

We can even start from the $16-20 Billion power fund they stole and gave us darkness in return.

We can also talk about the 3,050 MW Mambila hydroelectric power project was on the drawing board during and before their 16 years in power so obviously, $16-20 Billion could have built Mambila X 5 @ over 17,000MW instead of the 4,000MW and obsolete transmission infrastructure they left behind.

We can also talk about the $2.3 billion Dasuki ATM fund Jona and his pose looted and shared, which could have built thousands of MW or modernize our transmission grid.

Sadly, we don't have access to that kind of money today so we have to borrow to crawl from scratch.

Beats me why people like you defend and support these worthless characters and looters especially since you are directly benefiting from their pillaging looting, incompetent and unpatriotic acts.

With all the funds they looted and shared including the $16-20 Billion power fund, are you still not in darkness?

In fact, how many roads, bridges, hospitals highways were built to benefit? None.

How sad.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by GoodLord95: 3:31pm On May 15, 2020
drskyfly007:
leave the messengers( atiku, abacha, obj, buhari, All politicians)and take the message!

Atiku made some valid and sensible suggestions!

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater..

I hope your level of reasoning can understand the above idiom.. cheesy

Learn to type more intelligently next time..

Tinubu laughing right now, in two ways lols

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by EmekaMD(m): 3:40pm On May 15, 2020
Leo3333:

It hurts really badly seeing a substantial chunk of my salary going into taxes that end up being frittered away while my personal business gets almost a 10% shortfall in the name of WHT and VAT deducted right from source during clients' payments.

The urge to evade tax has never been this intense in me.
Can you offer tips on how to get around this criminal WHT and VAT taken from businesses?
see them..
People from the tax office sent by Buhari to monitor nairaland.

Go pay ur tax sir.
Allow me to flex o (in Timaya's voice)
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by nrexzy: 3:47pm On May 15, 2020
davidtemi:
u are on d news but not in d news.
Nig has 9 presidential jets, of wat use is 9 jets to a country dat borrows every year.

Ask those that procured the jets
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by deji17: 3:56pm On May 15, 2020
Where is Atiku when PDP was buying those Presidential jets? He helped push for the acquisition due to his lack of foresight.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Leo3333: 3:59pm On May 15, 2020
EmekaMD:
see them..
People from the tax office sent by Buhari to monitor nairaland.

Go pay ur tax sir.
Allow me to flex o (in Timaya's voice)

cheesy grin
Far from that bro.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by m140(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2020
BREYZ:

You no get sense at all. Overgrown zombie
Go comot Buhari put Atiku . Lolzzzz
You sabi like this your papa no sponsor you put for office.
Zombie calling another zombie.
Go comot Buhari na
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by beeniemccoy: 4:08pm On May 15, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

https://punchng.com/sell-presidential-jets-cancel-n27bn-national-assembly-renovation-fund-atiku/

8 or 9 Presidential jets
How many jets presidency wan get... Na wa oo
In these hard times, the poor masses, in which majority of them are still on lockdown, are still feeding these greedy bunch of people
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Dchampion65: 4:11pm On May 15, 2020
When they were in Power their faculty of thinking and reasoning will turn to zero but out of power it will pick up.

Naija politician chasing shadow while in Power out of power reality will beckon on them.
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Staro: 4:12pm On May 15, 2020
Whole truth
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Adiola(f): 4:16pm On May 15, 2020
contigiency:
Atiku is a true replica of do as I say, but don't do as I do. Was his sense on compulsory leave when he was in power that he didn't move for all the reforms he is presently preaching? Listen to Atiku at your own perils.
I hope Ur osibanjo is pushing for same reforms as vice president

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by Askme2020(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2020
thesicilian:
They give good advices when they're in the opposition camp. But once you allow them into power they'll do a million times worse.

Correct... Buhari make more sense when he wasn't in power.. But now in power it worse than Goodluck
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
A man that grounded Nigeria power sector with his fellow idiotic Boss have no audacity to educate a world class illiterate

you foolish politicians are all the same. God punish all Nigeria present politicians, you will not know peace in your lifetime with the way you wasted this country resources

Thunder fire Atiku Hypocrisy there. foolish man

grin grin grin
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by winj: 5:23pm On May 15, 2020
I cannot believe that Atiku Abubakar never faced EFCC trial and jail considering the money he stole in Government under Obasanjo's nose!
Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by ZooOga: 5:59pm On May 15, 2020
Leo3333:
[s][/s]

Stale.
This government has proven to be the most corrupt, most wasteful and the most incompetent in the history of Nigeria!

loser is inscribed in the history books for all future generations to read about. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima / Oyo-ita Returns To Work After Rejection Of Retirement / Mimiko Rushes To Aso Rock, Meets Buhari Over Ondo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.