Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste (24768 Views)

Iheanacho Voted Leicester’s Man Of The Match After Wonder Goal Vs Crystal Palace / Lionel Messi Injured Again On First Match After Returning From Injury / Asisat Oshoala wins Player of the Match after Falcons Beat Korea Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by ogbiwa: 8:21am On May 15, 2020
Augsburg head coach Heiko Herrlich will miss the Bundesliga restart after breaching quarantine rules by leaving the team hotel to buy toothpaste.

Herrlich, whose side face Wolfsburg on Saturday, told a news conference on Thursday that he had visited a shop, breaking league rules.

Teams preparing for the German league to restart this weekend have been staying in quarantine.

"I made a mistake by leaving the hotel," he said in a statement later.

Herrlich, 48, was appointed on 10 March and the home match with Wolfsburg was set to be his first in charge.

"Even though I have followed all hygiene measures both when leaving the hotel and otherwise, I cannot undo this," he said. "In this situation, I was not able to act as a role model for my team and the public.

"I will therefore be consistent and stand by my mistake. Because of this misconduct, I will not be leading the training [on Friday] and will not be in charge of the team against Wolfsburg on Saturday."

Speaking at a video news conference earlier, he had said: "I have no toothpaste and then I went to a supermarket."

The club said players and staff are being regularly tested for coronavirus and Herrlich will be able to resume training after two negative test results.

Augsburg are 14th in the Bundesliga, five points above the relegation zone.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52670775

6 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by logon599: 8:22am On May 15, 2020
Germany, we've already applauded you guys for your strict guidelines that have helped fast track your recovery, but don't over flog it. This kind of news is just an attempt to further polish your self righteous image and I'm not buying it. If the coach broke protocol, punish him and get on with it, don't put it on every news headline to force it down our throats that you're doing the right thing.

Should you have an upcoming building project, contact me for the complete building plans all at lower prices considering post covid situation. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

28 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Balenciagaokey: 11:06am On May 15, 2020
But Toothpaste is part of Essential commodities..
They should pardon the Man.

12 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Balenciagaokey: 11:06am On May 15, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by drips8(m): 11:06am On May 15, 2020
He brought upon himself since he breached quarantine rules.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Sleyanya1(m): 11:06am On May 15, 2020
grin grin

I guess it must have been unbearable for him... angry

So they expected him to get to the field after all these while with a smelly mouth??
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Nobody: 11:06am On May 15, 2020
I love it when people break the rules; meant to be broken, hun? ya see? What we wanna do, we gonna do;
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by AdaOgwashi: 11:06am On May 15, 2020
Cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by shugacaneman: 11:07am On May 15, 2020
RULES ARE RULES AND HE UNDERSTANDS IT. IF IT WAS IN NIGERIA WE WILL TRY TO JUSTIFY GOING TO BUY TOOTHPASTE.

15 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Nobody: 11:07am On May 15, 2020
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by emmanuelpeace1(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2020
Was he not aware of the rule?
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Sparqus: 11:07am On May 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by shegunmessi(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Slawormir: 11:07am On May 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
logon599:
Germany, we've already applauded you guys for your strict guidelines that have helped fast track your recovery, but don't over flog it. This kind of news is just an attempt to further polish your self righteous image and I'm not buying it. If the coach broke protocol, punish him and get on with it, don't put it on every news headline to force it down our throats that you're doing the right thing.

Baba calm down
Tell me say you nor first get joy this morning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by PureGoldh(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2020
Gbese...that not withstanding...His boys fit make him proud by taking the lead on Saturday
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Dpharisee: 11:07am On May 15, 2020
Stakers take note of this information in your quest to get back all that the bet companies have taken from you

1 Like

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Calabar1stSon: 11:07am On May 15, 2020
At least him do well if not bad mouth odour for give the players halitosis for inside field because bad mouth odour even worse pass coviK ONE-NINE birus sef especially that early mor mor mouth odour[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by SILVERLINES: 11:08am On May 15, 2020
cheesy

Odiegwu ooooo
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by rowland545(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2020
Thanks Germany... Can't wait to bet against Wolfsburg to beat this team....I don day gather odds already grin

2 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by gambia(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2020
He broke the rules.

1 Like

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Sabadon(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2020
hahahahaha mk guy man teeth dey smell cos of corona?
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by rowland545(m): 11:09am On May 15, 2020
logon599:
wat is this one saying

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by dammywapes(m): 11:09am On May 15, 2020
So far dem go start tomorrow notin spoil
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by GamalNasser: 11:09am On May 15, 2020
Good call because you can never know who he came across in that store
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Nonso92(m): 11:09am On May 15, 2020
No special treatment, and i think that's alright by me. He admits he was wrong. Rules are rules.

3 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by ajaniteea: 11:10am On May 15, 2020
I still wonder why there was no toothpaste in the camp

2 Likes

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by mediocre(m): 11:10am On May 15, 2020
Allow a man brush
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Olarewaju89: 11:10am On May 15, 2020
Daedae5:
Visit my signature if you bet on football matches

Your signature have nothing to offer gambler undecided

1 Like

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Exc2000: 11:10am On May 15, 2020
Strict rules

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players And Staff At Stephen Keshi Memorial Lecture In Asaba / Rinsola Babajide Nominated For Liverpool's Player Of The Season Award / "BVB Loves Naija" Borussia Dortmund Tweets About Ikpeba, Oliseh And Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.