Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste (24785 Views)

Iheanacho Voted Leicester’s Man Of The Match After Wonder Goal Vs Crystal Palace / Lionel Messi Injured Again On First Match After Returning From Injury / Asisat Oshoala wins Player of the Match after Falcons Beat Korea Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Wiljemz777(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2020
[quote author=ogbiwa post=89564623]Augsburg head coach Heiko Herrlich will miss the Bundesliga restart after breaching quarantine rules by leaving the team hotel to buy toothpaste.

Herrlich, whose side face Wolfsburg on Saturday, told a news conference on Thursday that he had visited a shop, breaking league rules.

Teams preparing for the German league to restart this weekend have been staying in quarantine.

"I made a mistake by leaving the hotel," he said in a statement later.

Herrlich, 48, was appointed on 10 March and the home match with Wolfsburg was set to be his first in charge.

"Even though I have followed all hygiene measures both when leaving the hotel and otherwise, I cannot undo this," he said. "In this situation, I was not able to act as a role model for my team and the public.

"I will therefore be consistent and stand by my mistake. Because of this misconduct, I will not be leading the training [on Friday] and will not be in charge of the team against Wolfsburg on Saturday."

Speaking at a video news conference earlier, he had said: "I have no toothpaste and then I went to a supermarket."

The club said players and staff are being regularly tested for coronavirus and Herrlich will be able to resume training after two negative test results.

Augsburg are 14th in the Bundesliga, five points above the relegation zone.

Let him have 72 virgins as punishment.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Okoroawusa: 11:11am On May 15, 2020
So the man no go brush teeth again?
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by UnclePrincipal(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2020
AdaOgwashi:
Cool

You're a kid if you don't know the story behind the picture you posted.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by stagger: 11:15am On May 15, 2020
Balenciagaokey:
But Toothpaste is part of Essential commodities..
They should pardon the Man.

Typical Nigerian way of thinking. Germans do not operate like that. If you have had dealings with them, you will know better.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by AdaOgwashi: 11:16am On May 15, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

You're a kid if you don't know the story behind the picture you posted.

So what's the story behind it?
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Seedung(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2020
So no tooth brush in the hotel
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by UnclePrincipal(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2020
AdaOgwashi:

So what's the story behind it?

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by GoldenJAT(m): 11:22am On May 15, 2020
logon599:
Germany, we've already applauded you guys for your strict guidelines that have helped fast track your recovery, but don't over flog it. This kind of news is just an attempt to further polish your self righteous image and I'm not buying it. If the coach broke protocol, punish him and get on with it, don't put it on every news headline to force it down our throats that you're doing the right thing.
Is Germany as a country on nairaland?? The way some of u reference ur comments,one will think u r talking directly to the person or thing in question.
Let them do what suits them.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by UncleAboki: 11:23am On May 15, 2020
how the coach would be feeling right now, after missing that opportunity to start off with his colleagues

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by AdaOgwashi: 11:25am On May 15, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

I don't agree with that.
I saw that and it's a big fat lie

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by excanny: 11:28am On May 15, 2020
logon599:
Germany, we've already applauded you guys for your strict guidelines that have helped fast track your recovery, but don't over flog it. This kind of news is just an attempt to further polish your self righteous image and I'm not buying it. If the coach broke protocol, punish him and get on with it, don't put it on every news headline to force it down our throats that you're doing the right thing.

grin That's how Germans are o.

Over perfection dey worry them. But it has made them great anyway.

So its good.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by mechanics(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2020
He should have sent someone instead.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by NigeriaB(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2020
Balenciagaokey:

Hahaha
Abeg make I laf.

... hehehe
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Nobody: 11:37am On May 15, 2020
ajaniteea:
I still wonder why there was no toothpaste in the camp

It's a hotel, right?

There may have been stockpiles of toothpastes in there for the convenience of the guests. Or what were the others using or why weren't they forced to go out in search of the same commodity themselves?

I guess the hotel didn't have the sort or type of toothpaste that he normally uses hence his decision to leave camp to go in search of it.

I know some guys who don't just use any toothpaste or toothbrush that comes their way. Some do it for medical reasons.

1 Like

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by paulolee(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2020
too bad
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Nobody: 11:43am On May 15, 2020
Balenciagaokey:

That's not the way to look at it.

The problem is not the fact that he went to get a toothpaste or "essential commodity" as you termed it.

The problem is that he endangered the safety of all the others in camp by breaking out of camp.

He could easily have picked up the virus whilst outside the team hotel and come back to infect his squad.

Besides, it also serves the double purpose of passing the message across. Camp rules are sacrosanct.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Paulynez(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2020
Reminds me of the story in the holy book about the ten virgins. When the five foolish ones went out in the night to buy oils for their lamp
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 11:57am On May 15, 2020
He did it deliberately knowingly "Authority" will ban him from supervising out the match... The man dey fear Corona. He just landed the Augsburg "JOb"

Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by dahgifted(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2020
make home just score one goal for me and not more than two, shikena!
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Sundaybukkie(m): 11:59am On May 15, 2020
I sell cheap MTN data

500MB> 250

1gb> 400

2gb> 800

3gb> 1200

5gb> 2000

Kindly reach me on WhatsApp with the number below

or click on this link.

http:///+2348069797808

To place your request..

Kindly bless my hurstle

thanks..
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by donpap: 12:07pm On May 15, 2020
logon599:
This was not posted here by Germans for you to see but by Nigerians
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by 12345baba(m): 12:08pm On May 15, 2020
AdaOgwashi:
Cool
weak squad
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by PopeFlatino(m): 12:12pm On May 15, 2020
Please can u guys help me to pay my mum's landlord cry

She has been sent out under d rain since yesterday for an overdue rent,, anything u give me will be appreciated..God please bless all contributors...

As for my chest issue u all knew about it,,am better now with Apple Cider.. please help my mum
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by PopeFlatino(m): 12:17pm On May 15, 2020
Please can u guys 6me to pay my mum's landlord cry

She has been sent out under d rain since yesterday for an overdue rent,, anything u give me will be appreciated..God please bless all contributors...

As for my chest issue u all knew about it,,am better now with Apple Cider.. please help my mum
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Jeboy(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2020
I see a many ignorant comments here frm those trivialising the quarantine breach.
The issue here is he breached quarantine rules by
exposing himself to the outside world. Let's say an infected covid 19 patient came in contact with the coach during the process of buying the toothpaste..a probability you cannot eliminate. He becomes a potential spreader to the teams both host and guest. That can result to another community spread. People should understand the implication of their actions.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Parisian: 12:41pm On May 15, 2020
Is it "Germany" that brought this news to NL?
logon599:
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Parisian: 12:42pm On May 15, 2020
Just tell people what you're selling here, not redirect them to another thread.
Macsjebs:
Sometimes no matter how much marketing you do and how many times you tell nairalanders to view your signature, not everyone would which is understandable - it's a fast paced world where time matters...

But if you could take time out to see the thread on my signature, I think it's really worth it....
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 15, 2020
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Biafranguy1(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2020
Chai?
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by texazzpete(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2020
logon599:

News that was stolen from BBC sport is now people ‘ramming it down your throat’?

The Bundesliga is restarting. It will be the only major football league that would be up in Europe this weekend. There’s a lot of media attention as a result, and a head coach missing a match because he contravened agreed league rules is notable news.

You people are funny.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by Agbalanze(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2020
Balenciagaokey:

The fear is that he might have been exposed to covid-19, which will ruin the whole league restart if he mistakenly test positive.
Re: Coach Heiko Herrlich To Miss Match After Breaking Quarantine To Buy Toothpaste by EjaikreTheViper(f): 12:51pm On May 15, 2020
Abdulah01000:
Any1 shld try to help out even if it's to eat pls, Gtb. 01.244613,99 Abuba k,ar Abdul. Rah,man u wil never. Beg to eat in ur entire lifetime amen..

ain't you ashamed of this ur cheap scam?
you've turned urself to an amajiri on this forum
begging from one thread to another
tueh!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"BVB Loves Naija" Borussia Dortmund Tweets About Ikpeba, Oliseh And Davido / Pianese Confirm Three Players Tested Positive For Coronavirus / Goalkeeper David Ospina Discharged From Hospital After Head Collision (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.