Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,966 members, 7,828,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Infinix Note 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Note 7 (2482 Views)

Xiaomi Announces The Redmi Note 7 With 6GB RAM, Starting At N54,000 / Battle Of The 3gb Ram: Infinix Note 4 Pro Vs Hot S2 Pro Vs A1 Lite + Camera Test / Unboxing The Infinix Note 4 Pro X571 With X-pen In The Box For N70,500 (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 11:40am On May 15, 2020
The Infinix Note 7 was released yesterday to a lot of fan fare and it finally gave room for a lot of fans to find their voice as this is currently the best phone released by Infinix currently in the market.

The phone packs decent specs. I was mildly surprised to see that for a brand that doesn't tout the type of SoC it uses, the KSP (key selling point) was the Helio G70 emblazoned across the sales adverts but it was conspicuously missing in the lite version. As for the lite version, Infinix didn't disappoint. It's coming with a Helio P22.

That being said, let's look at the key specs from GSM Arena/Kimovil:

SoC: Helio G70

Display: 6.95' IPS LCD display with 720P resolution with Gorilla Glass 3 protection

Cameras: Quad camera 48+2+2+2mp with 16mp selfie

Battery: 5000 mAh with fast charge

Prices:
4/64GB = 78k
6/128GB = 89,500k

The Note 7 lite with Helio P22 sells for 67k

The G70 was an impressive call and a huge step up by Infinix after repeated bashing by fans over the use of budget Helio P22 and P35 SoCs in their phones. The G70 has an antutu benchmark score of around 190k and is comparable in performance to the Snapdragon 665. The G70 is a very capable midranger.

The camera on the other hand seem dodgy as unlike other OEMs who use Sony IMX or Samsung GM or at least name the producer of their sensors, Infinix has been mum on that prompting me to think that they could be generic sensors. Only time will tell how good these cameras are.

The battery is absolutely decent and should be sufficient for a day's use but the 720p resolution is a real bummer for me, considering the price tag. The phone also come with a micro-USB type B. Another big bummer.

Finally, the price. The only other phone currently using the G70, that is the Realme C3 is priced at €130 (57k). The C3 has nearly identical specs with the IN7 so why the 20k difference?

The G70 is comparable to the SD665. So the first phone that comes to mind is the Redmi Note 8 which had an initial retail price of 63k, it had a FHD+ display, Gorilla glass 5, USB type C and Samsung GM2 cameras, all superior to what IN7 offers. Yet the IN7 is 13k costlier.

Conclusion: The Infinix Note 7 is a very decent phone with underwhelming specs and shouldn't cost for that amount. Simply put, IN7 and IN7 lite (P22) are grossly overpriced.

There are better options on the market that retail for less than that price or around that same amount like the Samsung Galaxy A51, Redmi Note 9S, Nokia X7 etc that would give you more value for your money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Note 7 by Chuksteric(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2020
Like you said..I was happy with the presence of the g70 used.. However the micro USB, cheap plastic body, gg3 , bloatwares on the phone was annoying.. The camera output was underwhelming as well.. Kudos to infinix for trying out the g 70

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by Hakeem12(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2020
Finally, an honest examination. You should see Twitter yesterday, Nigerians ate starting to wake up. A lot of people using infinix currently have vowed not to continue with their brand. They keep preying on the ignorance of Nigerians and slapping big price tags on mediocre phones.

10 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2020
Chuksteric:
Like you said..I was happy with the presence of the g70 used.. However the micro USB, cheap plastic body, gg3 , bloatwares on the phone was annoying.. The camera output was underwhelming as well.. Kudos to infinix for trying out the g 70

We're saying it as it is.

Respect bro.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2020
Hakeem12:
Finally, an honest examination. You should see Twitter yesterday, Nigerians ate starting to wake up. A lot of people using infinix currently have vowed not to continue with their brand. They keep preying on the ignorance of Nigerians and slapping big price tags on mediocre phones.

I'm not very active on Twitter sha.

But when companies cut corners, it's because they wanna keep the pricing down.

Infinix cut way too many corners and yet that's not reflected in the price of the device.

7 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by WHITELIGHTER: 11:54am On May 15, 2020
Don't forget they have to pay Davido....that's one good reason for the inflated price. Well, they are have aggressive marketers to help them push this crap... Even Redmi note 7 takes this nonsense to the cleaners

7 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by Hakeem12(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

I'm not very active on Twitter sha.

But when companies cut corners, it's because they wanna keep the pricing down.

Infinix cut way too many corners and yet that's not reflected in the price of the device.
For sure. Has xiaomi announced official price for 9s?

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by Hakeem12(m): 11:55am On May 15, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:
Don't forget they have to pay Davido....that's one good reason for the inflated price. Well, they are have aggressive marketers to help them push this crap... Even Redmi note 7 takes this nonsense to the cleaners
lmao...Redmi note 7 will take it to school and back, no doubt

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2020
Hakeem12:
For sure. Has xiaomi announced official price for 9s?

Yes. They have.

But I think Xiaomi Nigeria may alter the retail price slightly, either for good or for ill.

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by Hakeem12(m): 12:02pm On May 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

Yes. They have.

But I think Xiaomi Nigeria may alter the retail price slightly, either for good or for ill.
I'm waiting till all the dust from this pandemic settles, no rush
Re: Infinix Note 7 by awoo47: 12:19pm On May 15, 2020
atheistandproud:
The Infinix Note 7 was released yesterday to a lot of fan fare and it finally gave room for a lot of fans to find their voice as this is currently the best phone released by Infinix currently in the market.

The phone packs decent specs. I was mildly surprised to see that for a brand that doesn't tout the type of SoC it uses, the KSP (key selling point) was the Helio G70 emblazoned across the sales adverts but it was conspicuously missing in the lite version. As for the lite version, Infinix didn't disappoint. It's coming with a Helio P22.

Display: 6.95' IPD LCD display with 720P resolution with Gorilla Glass 3 protection

Prices:
4/64GB = 78k
6/128GB = 89,500k

The G70 was an impressive call and a huge step up by Infinix after repeated bashing by fans over the use of budget Helio P22 and P35 SoCs in their phones. The G70 has an antutu benchmark score of around 190k and is comparable in performance to the Snapdragon 665. The G70 is a very capable midranger.

The camera on the other hand seem dodgy as unlike other OEMs who use Sony IMX or Samsung GM or at least name the producer of their sensors, Infinix has been mum on that prompting me to think that they could be generic sensors. Only time will tell how good these cameras are.

The battery is absolutely decent and should be sufficient for a day's use but the 720p resolution is a real bummer for me, considering the price tag. The phone also come with a Micro-usb type B. Another big bummer.

Finally, the price. The only other phone currently using the G70, that is the Realme C3 is priced at €130 (57k). The C3 has nearly identical specs with the IN7 so why the 20k difference?

The G70 is comparable to the SD665. So the first phone that comes to mind is the Redmi Note 8 which had an initial retail price of 63k, it had a FHD+ display, Gorilla glass 5, USB type C and Samsung GM2 cameras, all superior to what IN7 offers. Yet the IN7 is 13k costlier.

Conclusion: The Infinix Note 7 is a very decent phone with underwhelming specs and shouldn't cost for that amount. Simply put, IN7 and IN7 lite (P22) are grossly overpriced.

There are better options on the market that retail for less than that price or around that same amount like the Samsung Galaxy A51, Redmi Note 9S, Nokia X7 etc that would give you more value for your money.
it has side fingerprint and large screen.
usb type c is not a premium feature... It's universal nd proprietary so it's no extra cost to use type C
note 9s is 74k(must hv increased sef) for a 64gb version
A51 is over 100k
Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2020
awoo47:
it has side fingerprint and large screen.
usb type c is not a premium feature... It's universal nd proprietary so it's no extra cost to use type C
note 9s is 74k(must hv increased sef) for a 64gb version
A51 is over 100k

So why wasn't it (i.e the Type C port) included?

5 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 12:34pm On May 15, 2020
Hakeem12:
I'm waiting till all the dust from this pandemic settles, no rush

Same here.

In Falz's voice, don't rush.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 7 by skywalker240(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2020
Simply put,

the G70 is a little bit qiute impressive.

the main ish here are the poor resolution for a 7" its just too bland.

the Pricing, while the G70 is a good mid-ranger almost on par with SD665 but the truth here is that Transsion would always be Transsion and this is where they goofed real big.

if they had retailed it for 15k or 20k short of that price, it would have been managable (i had to use that word manageble because it would augment the 720p in 7" and the non availability of type c usb)

personally, i would'nt have said anything. But the pricing is so abominable to the eyes, ears and the brain.

7 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 1:43pm On May 15, 2020
skywalker240:
Simply put,

the G70 is a little bit qiute impressive.

the main ish here are the poor resolution for a 7" its just too bland.

the Pricing, while the G70 is a good mid-ranger almost on par with SD665 but the truth here is that Transsion would always be Transsion and this is where they goofed real big.

if they had retailed it for 15k or 20k short of that price, it would have been managable (i had to use that word manageble because it would augment the 720p in 7" and the non availability of type c usb)

personally, i would'nt have said anything. But the pricing is so abominable to the eyes, ears and the brain.

The phone is very decent. The pricing is terrible.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by skywalker240(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

The phone is very decent. The pricing is terrible.
Extremely Terrible.

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by sunshineV(f): 2:00pm On May 15, 2020
A decent processor but lack type c USB, gorilla glass 5 and 720p is too terrible for a 7 inch display

Not forgetting the price, 89k? Way many better options then the infinix note 7

Also camera output is below par

5 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 3:37pm On May 15, 2020
sunshineV:
A decent processor but lack type c USB, gorilla glass 5 and 720p is too terrible for a 7 inch display

Not forgetting the price, 89k? Way many better options then the infinix note 7

Also camera output is below par Jo

Their marketers dey dodge here grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 8:30pm On May 15, 2020
Guyy you should be writing articles for sites like XDA or set up a blog. This piece was worth the read.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by BoluwajiPieters: 8:39pm On May 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

Display: 6.95' IPS LCD display with 720P resolution with Gorilla Glass 3 protection

Prices:
4/64GB = 78k
6/128GB = 89,500k

The battery is absolutely decent and should be sufficient for a day's use but the 720p resolution is a real bummer for me, considering the price tag. The phone also come with a micro-USB type B. Another big bummer.

G70 trumps SD 665 in all benchmarks.
Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Guyy you should be writing articles for sites like XDA or set up a blog. This piece was worth the read.

I'm working on it
Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Agreed, that's why I used the word, comparable.

Even MTK themselves, compared it to the SD665. It's not as good as the SD675. Hence the nearest SD is the SD665.

https: //www. mediatek. com/blog/mediatek-helio-g70-vs-snapdragon-665-performance-benchmarking-comparison

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by hardeycute(m): 9:07pm On May 15, 2020
This same MediaTek was caught cheating with benchmarks
BoluwajiPieters:

Re: Infinix Note 7 by skywalker240(m): 11:28pm On May 15, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Care to enlighten me Sir
Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 1:34am On May 16, 2020
skywalker240:

Care to enlighten me Sir

The G70 was built with 2 Cortex A75 as it's heavy cores and 6 Cortex A55 as it's low powered cores while the SD665 was built with 4 Cortex A73 as it is powerful cores and 4 Cortex A53.

The microarchitecture of the CPUs alone displays it's superiority tho but it does not tell the entire story as the G70's LPDDR4X is slower than that of the 665, also the G70 uses the older Vulcan 1.0 as opposed to the newer Vulcan 1.1 on the 665. These aren't big differences tho, as the G70 still has more computing power than the 665.

The G70 pulls 190k or thereabouts on Antutu while the SD665 scores around 144k but MTK have been known to cheat on a Benchmark tests recently.

Finally Mediatek actually compared it, the G70 to the SD665, so does everyone else. Reason being that its too far ahead of the 660 and too far behind the 675 hence it's closest competition is the 665.

I hope you understand.

BoluwajiPieters bro you feel me as well?

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2020
atheistandproud:

I'm working on it

It'll surely work out.
Re: Infinix Note 7 by skywalker240(m): 8:22am On May 16, 2020
atheistandproud:

The G70 was built with 2 Cortex A75 as it's heavy cores and 6 Cortex A55 as it's low powered cores while the SD665 was built with 4 Cortex A73 as it is powerful cores and 4 Cortex A53.

The microarchitecture of the CPUs alone displays it's superiority tho but it does not tell the entire story as the G70's LPDDR4X is slower than that of the 665, also the G70 uses the older Vulcan 1.0 as opposed to the newer Vulcan 1.1 on the 665. These aren't big differences tho, as the G70 still has more computing power than the 665.

The G70 pulls 190k or thereabouts on Antutu while the SD665 scores around 144k but MTK have been known to cheat on a Benchmark tests recently.

Finally Mediatek actually compared it, the G70 to the SD665, so does everyone else. Reason being that its too far ahead of the 660 and too far behind the 675 hence it's closest competition is the 665.

I hope you understand.

understood perfectly.
Re: Infinix Note 7 by BoluwajiPieters: 9:00am On May 16, 2020
atheistandproud:

I hope you understand.

Okay, I get it now..Thanks! I envy your depth of technological knowledge.
Re: Infinix Note 7 by losdiose(m): 9:26pm On May 26, 2020
Thanks to all that have enlightened me tonight.

I was planning to get the Infinix Note 7 by weekend, but I have a rethink now.

I will be going for Xiaomi Redmi 10X 4G instead.

Do y'all think it's worth it?
Re: Infinix Note 7 by atheistandproud(m): 9:33pm On May 26, 2020
losdiose:
Thanks to all that have enlightened me tonight.

I was planning to get the Infinix Note 7 by weekend, but I have a rethink now.

I will be going for Xiaomi Redmi 10X 4G instead.

Do y'all think it's worth it?

The Redmi 10X 4G variant is the same as the Redmi Note 8.

It's powered by a Mediatek Helio G85 and has been launched online for Nigeria but Xiaomi Nigeria are yet to release the retail price.
Re: Infinix Note 7 by losdiose(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

It's powered by a Mediatek Helio G85 and has been launched online for Nigeria but Xiaomi Nigeria are yet to release the retail price.

Where can I acquire it in Nigeria when the retail price is finally out?
Re: Infinix Note 7 by losdiose(m): 9:41pm On May 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

I wanna contact you in private

(1) (2) (Reply)

Serious Buyer Only Mint gold Tecno W4 For Sale / New Method To Install TWRP RECOVERY On Any Mtk Device Without PC / Has Airtel Finally Stopped Opera Mini Data?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.