Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,934 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President (1547 Views)

Nairalanders...can You Bet This Amount Of Money On Buhari Or GEJ? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Ibb Endorses Ribadu For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
It is you, i should be asking because I am not gullible to believe everything a reporter writes. Whatever a man says he did not say, he did not say, and he has said it countless times! Buhari did not deny jailing Irabor, killing drug lords, not to talk of a mere islamic statements.

Wake up, bigots!
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by SkyBlue1: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2011
mrblack:

[b]9ja na today yansh dey for back/wetin PDP don do for your family or nigeria?[/b]more troubles and alot of suffering for country people,
how do we expect change from just only one party that rig election and make it do or die for only them to remain in power, yet we still expect change from them,

So are you in support of Buhari and if you are, are you trying to sell your candidate of choice as a 'break from the past'? I have no problem with people supporting Buhari, all three candidates have their appeals (for me anyway), I just rather we don't try to sell Buhari as something he is not. Buhari is not a break from the past, Buhari is the past. Say you want him for whatever reason (discipline, etc) but please spare us all the "new direction" rant, Nigeria has had Buhari before. If we are going the "new direction" route then sorry, only Ribadu and Utomi (of the more prominent aspirants) need apply.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
sochan:

Where is the evidence to support the above comment?
For evidence, even a baby could easy show you tons of it. For one, you are getting the same old Northern gang, the same old godfathers, the same old corrupt pack of wolves, only now they have a new public Rep, and his name is Goodluck Jonathan, a southerner.

sochan:

If it is change, I am tired of having the north in power, let it remain down south for another 30yrs. That for me represents change.
You are tired of the north in power, yet you are blind to the fact that the only northerner we have had in the presidential seat in the last 12 years was yar adua who only lasted 3 years? You are tired of the north in power yet you are voting that the same set of pillagers continue in office for another 4 years? Do you people ever take time to actually think of the problems facing Nigeria before you post?
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2011
I leave you guys with the excerpts from a buhari interview below

Question: General, I hope you’re aware that some years ago there was a controversy around a statement credited to you somewhere in Sokoto state in which you are reported to have said that Muslims should vote for Muslims. Now whether you were misquoted or not, whether you were misrepresented or not, that has caused some anxiety and some concern, understandably, to some Christians in the south of the country, in the Middle Belt, even in the north itself. So how do you intend to sell your candidacy to those people who have perceived you wrongly or rightly as a sectional candidate who is popular in the North because he is seen as the champion of Islam and Sharia? How do you propose to appeal to people who are concerned legitimately and anxious about you being a president who will implement Sharia nationally or who will limit the rights of Christians and promote the interest of Muslims? I want you to speak to those people.

General Buhari: Well, that perception remains. I know in 2003 I wrote to many Bishops and I could recall I visited (inaudible) in 2003 and 2007. As you said, it happened in Sokoto in 2000 before I participated in elections. The person who reported me by tribe is a Yoruba man, by religion a Muslim. He was not in Sokoto and does not understand Hausa, maybe he still doesn’t. How he got the story I don’t know. And the comment I made was that people in Sokoto know their people, that when the ban on politics is lifted they should choose the people that will represent them responsibly. This is common sense: if someone aspires to rule this country, he cannot afford to offend even pagans or even atheists—those who don’t even believe in God. These are the people that will vote. How can I say Muslims should not vote for Christians? Then do I expect Christians to vote me, a Muslim? I wrote to the Bishops. I explained to them, but I think, as you mentioned, perception, people hold on to their perception. Even the church leaders were careful to explain to their flock that there is no way any leader will, at the federal level, antagonize any of the religions. So, I wrote to the Bishops to explain but I am still very surprised that the perception remains.

So there is nothing I can do about it, but I will continue to explain my position. And I have backed it by facts that I have served the country’s military for 25 years. I did all the command and staff work, as a platoon commander to General Officer Commanding and the only still surviving officers that commanded three of the four commands in the Nigerian Army. And the Nigerian Army is about 75% Christian and nobody has ever said I took a decision against anybody because of his religion or his tribe. There are other tribes in the whole command. So, if for politically it sticks that I don’t like Christians, well it is very very unfortunate, but my performance in office at all stages has portrayed me as an impartial person, and I have believe that whoever is still bringing that case up, for whatever vote, will definitely fail in a free and fair election. The question of me being a sharia advocate and a hater of Christians has never happened and it will certainly fail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Prime Minister Cameron: My war on multiculturalism - Focus on Islam / Pdp Will Take Over Lagos And South West- Jonathan Odechukwu / More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.