Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners (19692 Views)

APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Presidential Debate Timetable Confirmed, Debate Dates Are Feb 1 and Feb 8! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by johndoe200: 4:44am On Feb 02, 2011
Muza:

Forget all this long grammar,we all know our problems,and the solution is here bb2011

[b]B[/b]uhari-[b]B[/b]akare

Rig2011ElectionsAndUDieAPainfullDeath

This tells you most of what you need to know , someone asks for clarifications and is told to shut up. What do you expect from someone who has this ideology:

"Allah is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way"
-Maj. General Buhari
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by nduchucks: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2011
johndoe200:

This tells you most of what you need to know , someone asks for clarifications and is told to shut up. What do you expect from someone who has this ideology:

"Allah is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way"
-Maj. General Buhari

For what its worth, one has put quotes like the above, allegedly from Buhari in context and perspective. The our in the statement above does not refer to all Nigerians, but to Buhari and others who share his faith. If Pastor Bakare states the following in his Church: "God is our objective; the Holy Bible is our constitution, Jesus is our Leader; Discipleship is our way", one would hope that Nigerians who are not Christians, would respect Bakare's right to his personal beliefs.

You people need to grow up.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2011
ndu_chucks:

For what its worth, one has put quotes like the above, allegedly from Buhari in context and perspective. The our in the statement above does not refer to all Nigerians, but to Buhari and others who share his faith. If Pastor Bakare states the following in his Church: "God is our objective; the Holy Bible is our constitution, Jesus is our Leader; Discipleship is our way", one would hope that Nigerians who are not Christians, would respect Bakare's right to his personal beliefs.

No, such statements are seditious.
Neither the Bible nor the Quran are any Nigerians constitution. There is separation of religion and state, the state alone owns the constitution.
We are a secular state and will remain so.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by nduchucks: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf:

No, such statements are seditious.
Neither the Bible nor the Quran are any Nigerians constitution. There is separation of religion and state, the state alone owns the constitution.
We are a secular state and will remain so.

As it is now becoming customary, you are being disingenious. Constitution is basically the system of fundamental principles according to which a nation, state, corporation, or the like, is governed. In this case, Buhari is refering to the guiding principles for him and his fellow believers, he is obviously not referring to the Nigerian constitution. Olodo.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
[size=14pt]Buhari's wife is Christian

If Buhari would not impose Sharia on his wife /Family, why would he impose it on whole Nigeria?

Buhari had absolute power as Military Head of State, did he impose it then?

Buhari has chosen Pastor Bakare as a Vice President

What more proof do you need that these lies are being propagated by PDP who want corruption to continue

Shine your eyes well well!
[/size]
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2011
^
The more you post in extra-size font, the more people conclude you are a sentimental fool.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 5:23pm On Feb 02, 2011
ndu_chucks:

As it is now becoming customary, you are being disingenious. Constitution is basically the system of fundamental principles according to which a nation, state, corporation, or the like, is governed. In this case, Buhari is refering to the guiding principles for him and his fellow believers, he is obviously not referring to the Nigerian constitution. Olodo.

There is no definition of the word (except the one you made up in your village) where a religious book is referred to as a constitution. Religious books hold dogma's.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
[size=14pt]I may be sentimental but my sentiments are spot on and I am no fool cool

Did you Know that Jerry Rawlings was inspired by Buhari?
[/size]

Beaf:

^
The more you post in extra-size font, the more people conclude you are a sentimental fool.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by johndoe200: 5:14am On Feb 03, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You need to explain to me what "jihad" means. In your delusions, discipleship and jihad are the same?

How do you know what the "our" means? Did he take you into his confidence or that is what you hope? Why should we listen to YOU explaining what he meant?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by anonimi: 8:22am On Feb 03, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!

Btw, I hope everyone who is in Nigeria and posting on this thread has registered. And for those not in 9ja I hope they have mobilised their folks and friends back home to register.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by CareTaker1(m): 11:57am On Feb 03, 2011
GenBuhari:

[size=14pt]Buhari's wife is Christian

If Buhari would not impose Sharia on his wife /Family, why would he impose it on whole Nigeria?

Buhari had absolute power as Military Head of State, did he impose it then?

Buhari has chosen Pastor Bakare as a Vice President

What more proof do you need that these lies are being propagated by PDP who want corruption to continue

Shine your eyes well well!
[/size]

Buhari is an islamist, an islamic fundamentalist and an islamic fanatics comparable only to Ghadaffi of libya.

his marrying a christian is considered "a conquer over the other religion" or a slight on their considered enemies.
his choosing Bakare as his running mate is another islamic predetermined aggression to bring Christians under their subjection.

Buhari has the right and is qualified to contest, but not to be our civilian president.

Goodluck to Nigeria!

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Care-Taker

Have you even re-read your own post?

Do you know how ridiculous your post seems?

Do you know how long he has been married to his Christian wife?

Did he try to publicise his marriage to his Christian wife?

Did you witness Buhari Demonstrating Religious fanatism during his 20months as head of State? Or during his many more years as Governor and as PTF Chairman?

People shine your eyes well well!!

There is a reason that supporters of coruption are trying to taint the only anti-corruption leader Nigeria has ever had.

Care-Taker:

his marrying a christian is considered "a conquer over the other religion" or a slight on their considered enemies.
his choosing Bakare as his running mate is another islamic predetermined aggression to bring Christians under their subjection.

Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by sleekymag(m): 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2011
Buhari to me, is old school. he's almost 70 yrs old, he functioned during the military era and didn't solve all of Nigeria's problems, or was it after his tenure we started having electricity and employment problems? It's just that in his time, Idiagbon was quite effective and it was a military era that suppressed people's opinions about government and he didnt get to stay long in office before IBB overthrew him. In a democracy, i'm afraid he won't be able to function as well as we'd want him to. I'm not sure what his positions are on the economy, power, industrialization, modern day agriculture, employment, security, health, education and much more. Governance today is more than providing good roads and basic neccessities of life. How compliant is he with the times, with changes on the world stage and such? He might mean well, but i'm afraid he just won't be able to deliver the goodies.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2011
Buhari has been a GOC,pioneer chairman of NNPC,Minister of petroleum,head of state,Chairman of PTF and so many other top positions.
Buhari does not have a house in Lagos or Abuja,he has only two houses,a modest one in Kaduna and another in his village daura which he inherited from his father.
Gen Buhari does not own a filling station not to talk of an oil well.the first lady by her asset declaration is far richer than Buhari not to talk of her husband, both of whom have not half the positions Buhari has held.some commissioners,house of assembly members,local govt chairmen are richer than buhari not to talk of Sinators,Representathieves,Govs,Ministers etc,this are the same people than want the status quo to be maintained,so the can continue to steal with impunity,how can GEJ do in 4yrs what his party could not do in 12,lets not be so gullible and fool ourselves or allow them to take ur for a ride again.
Wouldn't u be happy to see those theiving politicians behind bars,light,rule of law etc, vot Buhari-Bakare
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by johndoe200: 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2011
Muza:

Buhari has been a GOC,pioneer chairman of NNPC,Minister of petroleum,head of state,Chairman of PTF and so many other top positions.
Buhari does not have a house in Lagos or Abuja,he has only two houses,a modest one in Kaduna and another in his village daura which he inherited from his father.
Gen Buhari does not own a filling station not to talk of an oil well.the first lady by her asset declaration is far richer than Buhari not to talk of her husband, both of whom have not half the positions Buhari has held.some commissioners,house of assembly members,local govt chairmen are richer than buhari not to talk of Sinators,Representathieves,Govs,Ministers etc,this are the same people than want the status quo to be maintained,so the can continue to steal with impunity,how can GEJ do in 4yrs what his party could not do in 12,lets not be so gullible and fool ourselves or allow them to take your for a ride again.
Wouldn't u be happy to see those theiving politicians behind bars,light,rule of law etc, vot Buhari-Bakare

Yes, and he can run for president numerous times, pay for court cases all on his modest income. Please tell us where he gets this money from?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2011
^^^^^
since u'll never get tired of asking,I'll never get tired of telling u,its from his well wishers and associates,OK?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 11:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
@JohnDoes

even ur first lady is richer than Buhari,her asset declaration says it all,lets not even start talking about the assets of the clueless and corrupt GEJ.
If u have anythin else against Buhari pls bring it up,ok u hav nothing left against him,i thought as much,u are just too foolish to know wats good for u,may God help u.

BB2011
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2011
Muza:

^^^^^
since u'll never get tired of asking,I'll never get tired of telling u,its from his well wishers and associates,OK?

Like who? Who exactly are his wellwishers? Are they religious bodies and groupings?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 12:30am On Feb 04, 2011
very honest and humble individuals,not the likes of Dangote ,Otedola and co. . .
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by honeric01(m): 12:42am On Feb 04, 2011
Beaf:

Like who? Who exactly are his wellwishers? Are they religious bodies and groupings?

Why do you always run from questions? ain't you smart enough to answer questions? rather good at attacking others?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:52am On Feb 04, 2011
honeric01:

Why do you always run from questions? ain't you smart enough to answer questions? rather good at attacking others?

Are you back from the evil forest?
The opponents I'm engaging here are at least semi-intelligent. There really is no place here for a fungus like you.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 12:55am On Feb 04, 2011
@Beaf
Buhari doesn't own a filling station,how many oil blocks does patience have? grin
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:56am On Feb 04, 2011
Muza:

very honest and humble individuals,not the likes of Dangote ,Otedola and co. . .

Story, story! Provide proof.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 1:01am On Feb 04, 2011
Muza:

@Beaf
Buhari doesn't own a filling station,how many oil blocks does patience have? grin

If he has nothing, but can keep up an unending cycle presidential races, then he is either stealing or has a pretty heavy stash somewhere.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 1:04am On Feb 04, 2011
u ddnt answer the question,wat work has thief patience GEJ done in her life for her to be richer than buhari?
u and i know that buhari does not do politics of money,cos he has none to give, if u've ever seen his billboard smwhr sm1 put if up there out of luv for the general
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 1:11am On Feb 04, 2011
Muza:

u ddnt answer the question,wat work has thief patience GEJ done in her life for her to be richer than buhari?
u and i know that buhari does not do politics of money,cos he has none to give, if u've ever seen his billboard smwhr sm1 put if up there out of luv for the general

It is a thouroughly daft question. Buhari stole $2.8billion from NNPC and is easily one of Nigeria's richest men. Buhari's cousin also committed suicide after the corruption he and Buhari perpetrated at PTF was discovered.

Buhari spent his army life in one political position after the other (most in the oil sector). The man is a willy thief.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 1:26am On Feb 04, 2011
Beaf:

It is a thouroughly daft question. Buhari stole $2.8billion from NNPC and is easily one of Nigeria's richest men. Buhari's cousin also committed suicide after the corruption he and Buhari perpetrated at PTF was discovered.

Buhari spent his army life in one political position after the other (most in the oil sector). The man is a willy thief.
grin lmao
u still ranting this false shit,haba,Mr Ima Niboro of NL,by now u shud know nobody believes this shlt,nit even u.
pls stop evading questions,answer my question,it shud be a very simple one for an honest person. grin
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by honeric01(m): 1:29am On Feb 04, 2011
Beaf:

Are you back from the evil forest?
The opponents I'm engaging here are at least semi-intelligent. There really is no place here for a fungus like you.

God don catch you, ever since i asked you these questions, you've been so scarce on the thread, why are you running?

I told you, until you answer these questions, i ain't gonna let you be. Grin

kindly answer these questions:

What happens to all your rumors and lies about SHARIA and religious bigots if Buhari ends up having Tunde Bakare as his running mate?

Can a Muslim fanatic ever marry a christian whom they consider an infidel?

How many Christians did Buhari kill when he was the HOS?

Can a Muslim fanatic go to to redeem camp just as GEJ and the likes?

What if he ends up having a christian person as his running mate, are you still going to keep yelling about sharia?

If Buhari was a corrupt man, then his cousin shouldn't have been so scared into committing suicide after being exposed of corruption, if BUHARI was GEJ, his cousin would have just acted like Patience, Ibori, Atiku or even Akala and the newest murderous senator in town true or false? if false, please expatiate

WHY SHOULD I COMMIT SUICIDE FOR CORRUPTION IF I KNOW MY UNCLE IS ALSO A CORRUPT MAN AND HAS THE POWER TO PARDON/COVER ME?

What if after everything, Buhari ends up as the Nigerian president, what are you going to do? hug a wet transformer or drink a liter of battery acid? Undecided

WHY IS PATIENCE JONATHAN RICHER THAN BUHARI EVEN THOUGH THE FORMER HAS NOT ACHIEVED 1/100TH OF WHAT THE LATTER HAS ACHIEVED IN HER LIFETIME?

WHERE DID SHE GET HER MONEY FROM? SELLING FRESH FISH IN BAYELSA OR HOW MANAGE? WHAT DOES SHE SPECIALIZE IN? IS SHE A SCHOLAR OR WHERE EXACTLY DID SHE MAKE OUR MONEY FROM?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Muza(m): 1:50am On Feb 04, 2011
beaf is speechless in the face of incontrovertible facts about how corrupt and clueless his boss and the wife are,he has gone to sleep  grin
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by honeric01(m): 2:05am On Feb 04, 2011
Date Published: 03/26/10

Ag. President Jonathan And His Asset Declaration Albatross

By: Timi Ogiri Ebitare

There was a flurry of rejoinders on the article titled “ Acting President Jonathan Lied in Asset Declaration” Those who wrote these rejoinders might have descended from outer space or they have not been in Yenagoa foe the past ten years. Here, I just want to highlight a few cases of graft either committed by the Ag. President, his wife or cronies before replicating the earlier article so that those who have not read the article will understand why this writer is protesting.

Those who are paid to write rejoinders rather than tell the truth should also tell the public about:

* The Many buildings owned by the Ag. President in Yenagoa which were not included in his assets declaration.

* The N8 billion gas turbine project, which was used to hoodwink Bayelans to believe that 2 new digital gas turbines were procured

* How the Aruera Foundation was used by Mrs. Patience Jonathan to siphon about N3 billion Naira. Up till now, the Aurera Foundation is used as a conduit-pipe to collect money from oil companies and other corporate bodies even though there is no tangible achievement to justify the monies collected.

* Mrs. Patience Jonathan has amassed stupendous wealth in terms of real estate in Port Harcourt, Abuja and Lagos, using the influence of her husband.

* Mrs. Patience Jonathan coveted more that 10 speedboats meant for distribution to the people under the poverty alleviation programme.

* The wife of Ag. President Jonathan also diverted more than a dozen Busses earmarked for distribution under the poverty alleviation scheme, and even tomato sellers in the Streets of Yenagoa know the self-aggrandizing nature of the woman.

* Wife of the Acting President Mrs. Patience Jonathan awarded a contract of planting flowers in the Mbiama Yenagoa road at a whopping sum of N500 million. First, from all indications the value of the contract was over inflated and awarded to one of her cronies Mrs. Megan Bozimo. Secondly, the flower planting contract did not follow due process, as there were no tenders, bids and other procedures stipulated in the “Due Process Rule” or the Public Procurement Bill. Where are those flowers now? She wasted Bayelsa money and the media would not report sensitive issues like this.

* As Governor of Bayelsa State Dr. Goodluck Jonathan awarded the contract of clearing the Nembe Brass Road to a serving Senator one Chief Barigha Amange at a whopping sum of N530 million. We were reliably informed that apart from the contract sum being paid up front, the job was shoddily done due largely to the fact that there was neither survey nor soil test. A Chief from the Nembe Community also informed us that prior to the award of the said contract the Nembe Chiefs Council had protested to Dr. Jonathan never to award the contract to the suspended Chief Amange because he was already from the community and was bent on destabilizing the community. But the Acting President did not heed the advise this contract and the mode of its award did not follow due process as it was compensatory, essentially to enable the beneficiary raise money for electioneering campaigns.

* The Acting President could allow his wife Mrs. Patience Jonathan to hijack the Poverty Alleviation Programme put in place by the Government. We have it on good authority that Mrs. Jonathan took possession of three 3 No. speedboats, which were supposed to be given to Bayelsans as loans. In addition, she took possession of 2 cold stores. I at Swali Yenagoa and the others at Twon-Brass. What baffles this writer is that a woman who enjoys the office of first lady could stoop so low as to expropriate the resources meant for alleviating the poverty of the less- privileged. All these and other shady deals were not part of the asset declaration. I expect those paid agents to write a rejoinder to enable me improve on the list of sharp practices engaged in by the Acting President, his wife and those of his cronies.

Below, the first article alleging that Dr, Goodluck Jonathan lied in asset declaration is reproduced.

The article Proper

This memo seeks to achieve three objectives. First is to demonstrate that most public office holders in Nigeria commit perjury-that is lying under oath. Secondly, the article aims to show that the Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan also lied in declaring his assets, which in the laws governing the Code of Conduct, is a punishable offence. Thirdly, the write-up intends to mention some of the undeclared assets of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- a fact known by many Nigerians but , which have been downplayed because of his humility. Dear progressive Nigerians, when the duo of ailing Umaru Musa Yar’Adua took office on May 29, 2007, as President and Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, respectively, they swore to uphold the constitution and rule of law. Accordingly, President Yar’Adua demonstrated that resolve by the public declaration of his assets and liabilities. This was quite unlike that of the Acting President Dr. Goodluck, Jonathan who was pressured by public opinion and the media to declare his assets in a manner calculated to deceive Nigerians and well-orchestrated to hide the truth from Nigerians.

Not long after the Acting President declared his assets, some media organizations condemned the way and manner the exercise was carried out. The first signs of deceit emerged on Saturday, August 11, 2007 when some overzealous operatives of the State Security Service (SSS). SSS officers, obviously acting on the orders of the Dr Jonathan launched a vicious attack on Spynet magazine and tore through lockers, files and computers belonging to the media outfit. It was an irony that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, who the media made from the shadows of his erstwhile boss, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, could be part of a plot to antagonize the press. But that was not his first attempt censoring the press. As Governor, he launched a major assault against Izon Link, a local tabloid which was supposedly sponsored by Timi Alaibe. “This assault on press was perceived to be an attempt by the Acting President to cover the truth”, the Spynet reported. Those harassed at SPYNET include Richard Ogbage, Godsidi, Frank and others. These people are still alive to testify.

It should be noted that in the maiden edition of the Spynet Magazine the lead story titled; “The Face of a Fraud?”, “detailed how the Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, former Bayelsa State Governor, mismanaged the State as Chief Executive. The story however did not go down well with Jonathan and his Committee of Friends especially Chief A.J.Turner. What followed was a well-planned invasion of the magazine and the unlawful arrest of the staffers of the media outfit. Although the mater is now in court, Spynet are still counting their loses. This action portrayed him as an enemy of the mass media

The second event that prompted the investigation of the assets of the Acting President was the October 21st edition of The Sunday Sun, where one Mr. Collins Eselemo – Grand Patron of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) and President General of the Coastal Mandate – a coalition of socio-cultural groups in the Niger Delta Region raised some issues questioning the integrity of the Acting President. The Coalition leader claimed that “the Acting President lied in his declaration of assets and threatened that he would incur the wrath of the Ijaw Youth Council if he does not open up”. Prince Eselemo also threatened to provide a comprehensive list of the property of the Acting President and to prepare a show down with him. Ijaw Leaders prevailed on him not to wash the dirty linen of their kinsmen.

Dear Progressive Nigerians, asset declaration for a highly placed person like the Acting President is like swearing an affidavit and if the process is falsified, it can be likened to perjury – which is a criminal offence. From the perspective of the constitution as per section 172 of the 1999 constitution” A person in the public service of the Federation shall observe and conform to the code of conduct” Further, Section 140 (1) states that “A person elected to the office of President (including the Acting President) shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this constitution and he has taken and subscribed to the oath of allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the seventh schedule of this constitution”. Further, asset declaration is not just an indispensable ritual but a mechanism for sanctioning public office holders who acquire wealth through fraudulent means while in office. Since public servants spend public money, asset declaration is more of a moral responsibility than a constitutional obligation.

In another bizarre twist, when Chief Timipre Sylva assumed office as Governor of Bayelsa State, there were wide spread speculations that the Bayelsa State was heavily indebted. Although Governor Sylva in a press briefing cleared the air by saying that his predecessor did not leave behind any debts, there are now discordant reports to that effect. Such indications emerged clearly at a recently concluded Budget Retreat organized by the Government of Bayelsa State where the Commissioner of Finance & Budget stated in unambiguous terms that the State has been reeling under a debt of more than N28 billion. If this assertion is true the question then arises: Was the debt inherited from the Goodluck Jonathan administration? Certainly yes, but Sylva was too loyal to expose his predecessor. Is that revelation so grievous as to prompt the harassment of the Timipre Sylva administration? Is that what should prompt the spurious allegations that Governor Sylva voted N500million to stop Jonathan from becoming Acting President? My Dear Progressive Nigerians would certainly decode the political undercurrent behind the action of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

As a man who could vouch for the integrity of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, I regarded his critics as detractors, who envied his rising political profile. I therefore took on the challenge of conducting an independent investigation. Sadly, however, the investigating showed that Dr. Jonathan could not really stand on a moral high ground to uphold the rule of law or the Constitution for that matter.

The results of our investigations are startling but some of them are still inconclusive because the investigator could not have access to certain vital documents. The Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has much more property and assets that were not declared. Our informant who preferred anonymity said that the most annoying project that served as a drainpipe in the Jonathan administration was the Gas Turbine project awarded to an indigenous company owned by an Ogbia Woman. The initial contract value was N4 billion Naira but the sum was later reviewed upwards to N8 billion. Two things were wrong with the contract. First, the award did not follow Due Process. Secondly, rather than buy new turbines, the contractor merely refurbished the broken parts of the old turbine. Experts estimated that not up to N1 billion was spent while the other N7billion went into the pockets of the two parties.

Again, one Moses Otazi who served as Dr. Goodluck’s Chief of Staff is believed to have stolen about N150 million from Government House and hid the money at Ewoi his wife’s village. It was reported that thieves broke into the house and made away with the money. A young man from Otuoke who works with the Ministry of Health confirmed the incident and said some of the suspects were even arrested, but when the incident got to the ears of the Acting President, he promptly intervened and ordered that the matter be settled at the Village level rather than give him negative publicity. Our chat with an operative of the SSS at Yenagoa yielded no tangible results as the plain clothed officer was evasive and not prepared to mention details. He however confirmed that such an incident was reported. The said Otazi is believed to be one of the principal beneficiaries of the loots in Creek Haven during the Jonathan administration. Because of the unscrupulous manner Moses Otazi handled the matter, the Acting President refused to take him along to Abuja.

The Jonathan administration also huge sums of money for non-existent rice farms. One of such farms is said to have been at Elebele estimated at N300 million. Beyond that the Acting President owns three multi-million Naira hotels. One of them is adjacent to Chief. DSP Alamieyeseigha’s residence in Yenagoa. Another gigantic hotel owned by the Acting President is situated after Commissioner’s quarters along Elebele Road near AIT office in Yenagoa. There are unconfirmed reports too that the Acting President owns a building estimated at N1 billion at Victoria Island, Lagos. The aforementioned property were not declared to the Code of Conduct Bureau as Assets owned by the man. This is in addition to the massive Otueke Hotel owned by Dame Patience Jonathan.

Dear progressive Nigerians, it is also a true that the Acting President has demonstrated some quotient of leadership, humility and as a loyal party man. I particularly envy his humility and consider it an advantage that is likely to boost his political profile even before he became Acting President. But it does appear that the Acting President humility to cover-up skeletons in his cupboard. If all these choice property are owned by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan - the Acting President of Nigeria, then he was more than N30 billion Naira richer than he had earlier declared. I do not intend to begrudge his wealth because his humble disposition.

Dear, progressive Nigerians, I acknowledge the fact that the Acting - President wears the veil of immunity, such allegations if not clarified with cast doubts as to government’s intention to wage a total war against corruption. This is one of the reasons crusade against corruption and the drive to entrench transparency and accountability is very difficult. The battle has to start from the Presidency down to the Local Government Chairmen.

I made mentioned the Anyiam Osigwe’s and their dirty dealings in Bayelsa State during the time of Goodluck Jonathan. Are you surprised that one Anyiam Osigwe made the list of the Presidential committee of which T.Y Danjuma is head? People at the top echelon of power and authority must tell Nigerians the truth so we can collectively pursue the rule of law and entrench sustainable justice in the land. Dear progressive Nigerians, the aim of this article would have been achieved if the Acting President declares his assets now and compel all the new Ministers to do so. The Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria should ensure that he who must come to equity.

N/B: I am waiting eagerly for a rebuttal.

Timi Ogiri Ebitare

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os3105.html
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by honeric01(m): 2:09am On Feb 04, 2011
Date Published: 04/07/10

A MEMO TO ALL PROGRESSIVE NIGERIANS

THE AG. PRESIDENT DR. GOODLUCK JONATHAN LIED IN ASSET DECLARATION By Timi Ogiri Ebitare
advertisement

This memo seeks to achieve three objectives. First is to demonstrate that most public office holders in Nigeria commit perjury-that is lying under oath. Secondly, the article aims to show that the Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan also lied in declaring his assets, which in the laws governing the Code of Conduct, is a punishable offence. Thirdly, the write-up intends to mention some of the undeclared assets of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- a fact known by many Nigerians but , which have been downplayed because of his humility.

Dear progressive Nigerians, when the duo of ailing Umaru Musa Yar’Adua took office on May 29, 2007, as President and Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, respectively, they swore to uphold the constitution and rule of law. Accordingly, President Yar’Adua demonstrated that resolve by the public declaration of his assets and liabilities. This was quite unlike that of the Acting President Dr. Goodluck, Jonathan who was pressured by public opinion and the media to declare his assets in a manner calculated to deceive Nigerians and well-orchestrated to hide the truth from Nigerians.

Not long after the Acting President declared his assets, some media organizations condemned the way and manner the exercise was carried out. The first signs of deceit emerged on Saturday, August 11, 2007 when some overzealous operatives of the State Security Service (SSS). SSS officers, obviously acting on the orders of the Dr Jonathan launched a vicious attack on Spynet magazine and tore through lockers, files and computers belonging to the media outfit. It was an irony that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, who the media made from the shadows of his erstwhile boss, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, could be part of a plot to antagonize the press. But that was not his first attempt censoring the press. As Governor, he launched a major assault against Izon Link, a local tabloid which was supposedly sponsored by Timi Alaibe. “This assault on press was perceived to be an attempt by the Acting President to cover the truth”, the Spynet reported. Those harassed at SPYNET include Richard Ogbage, Godsidi, Frank and others. These people are still alive to testify.

It should be noted that in the maiden edition of the Spynet Magazine the lead story titled; “The Face of a Fraud?”, “detailed how the Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, former Bayelsa State Governor, mismanaged the State as Chief Executive. The story however did not go down well with Jonathan and his Committee of Friends especially Chief A.J.Turner. What followed was a well-planned invasion of the magazine and the unlawful arrest of the staffers of the media outfit. Although the mater is now in court, Spynet are still counting their loses. This action portrayed him as an enemy of the mass media

The second event that prompted the investigation of the assets of the Acting President was the October 21 st edition of The Sunday Sun, where one Mr. Collins Eselemo – Grand Patron of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) and President General of the Coastal Mandate – a coalition of socio-cultural groups in the Niger Delta Region raised some issues questioning the integrity of the Acting President. The Coalition leader claimed that “the Acting President lied in his declaration of assets and threatened that he would incur the wrath of the Ijaw Youth Council if he does not open up”. Prince Eselemo also threatened to provide a comprehensive list of the property of the Acting President and to prepare a show down with him. Ijaw Leaders prevailed on him not to wash the dirty linen of their kinsmen.

Dear Progressive Nigerians, asset declaration for a highly placed person like the Acting President is like swearing an affidavit and if the process is falsified, it can be likened to perjury – which is a criminal offence. From the perspective of the constitution as per section 172 of the 1999 constitution” A person in the public service of the Federation shall observe and conform to the code of conduct” Further, Section 140 (1) states that “A person elected to the office of President (including the Acting President) shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this constitution and he has taken and subscribed to the oath of allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the seventh schedule of this constitution”. Further, asset declaration is not just an indispensable ritual but a mechanism for sanctioning public office holders who acquire wealth through fraudulent means while in office. Since public servants spend public money, asset declaration is more of a moral responsibility than a constitutional obligation.

In another bizarre twist, when Chief Timipre Sylva assumed office as Governor of Bayelsa State, there were wide spread speculations that the Bayelsa State was heavily indebted. Although Governor Sylva in a press briefing cleared the air by saying that his predecessor did not leave behind any debts, there are now discordant reports to that effect. Such indications emerged clearly at a recently concluded Budget Retreat organized by the Government of Bayelsa State where the Commissioner of Finance & Budget stated in unambiguous terms that the State has been reeling under a debt of more than N28 billion. If this assertion is true the question then arises: Was the debt inherited from the Goodluck Jonathan administration? Certainly yes, but Sylva was too loyal to expose his predecessor. Is that revelation so grievous as to prompt the harassment of the Timipre Sylva administration? Is that what should prompt the spurious allegations that Governor Sylva voted N500million to stop Jonathan from becoming Acting President? My Dear Progressive Nigerians would certainly decode the political undercurrent behind the action of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

As a man who could vouch for the integrity of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, I regarded his critics as detractors, who envied his rising political profile. I therefore took on the challenge of conducting an independent investigation. Sadly, however, the investigating showed that Dr. Jonathan could not really stand on a moral high ground to uphold the rule of law or the Constitution for that matter.

The results of our investigations are startling but some of them are still inconclusive because the investigator could not have access to certain vital documents. The Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has much more property and assets that were not declared. Our informant who preferred anonymity said that the most annoying project that served as a drainpipe in the Jonathan administration was the Gas Turbine project awarded to an indigenous company owned by an Ogbia Woman. The initial contract value was N4 billion Naira but the sum was later reviewed upwards to N8 billion. Two things were wrong with the contract. First, the award did not follow Due Process. Secondly, rather than buy new turbines, the contractor merely refurbished the broken parts of the old turbine. Experts estimated that not up to N1 billion was spent while the other N7billion went into the pockets of the two parties.

Again, one Moses Otazi who served as Dr. Goodluck’s Chief of Staff is believed to have stolen about N150 million from Government House and hid the money at Ewoi his wife’s village. It was reported that thieves broke into the house and made away with the money. A young man from Otuoke who works with the Ministry of Health confirmed the incident and said some of the suspects were even arrested, but when the incident got to the ears of the Acting President, he promptly intervened and ordered that the matter be settled at the Village level rather than give him negative publicity. Our chat with an operative of the SSS at Yenagoa yielded no tangible results as the plain clothed officer was evasive and not prepared to mention details. He however confirmed that such an incident was reported. The said Otazi is believed to be one of the principal beneficiaries of the loots in Creek Haven during the Jonathan administration. Because of the unscrupulous manner Moses Otazi handled the matter, the Acting President refused to take him along to Abuja.

The Jonathan administration also huge sums of money for non-existent rice farms. One of such farms is said to have been at Elebele estimated at N300 million. Beyond that the Acting President owns three multi-million Naira hotels. One of them is adjacent to Chief. DSP Alamieyeseigha’s residence in Yenagoa. Another gigantic hotel owned by the Acting President is situated after Commissioner’s quarters along Elebele Road near AIT office in Yenagoa. There are unconfirmed reports too that the Acting President owns a building estimated at N1 billion at Victoria Island, Lagos. The aforementioned property were not declared to the Code of Conduct Bureau as Assets owned by the man. This is in addition to the massive Otueke Hotel owned by Dame Patience Jonathan.

Dear progressive Nigerians, it is also a true that the Acting President has demonstrated some quotient of leadership, humility and as a loyal party man. I particularly envy his humility and consider it an advantage that is likely to boost his political profile even before he became Acting President. But it does appear that the Acting President humility to cover-up skeletons in his cupboard. If all these choice property are owned by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan - the Acting President of Nigeria, then he was more than N30 billion Naira richer than he had earlier declared. I do not intend to begrudge his wealth because his humble disposition.

Dear, progressive Nigerians, I acknowledge the fact that the Acting - President wears the veil of immunity, such allegations if not clarified with cast doubts as to government’s intention to wage a total war against corruption. This is one of the reasons crusade against corruption and the drive to entrench transparency and accountability is very difficult. The battle has to start from the Presidency down to the Local Government Chairmen.

People at the top echelon of power and authority must tell Nigerians the truth so we can collectively pursue the rule of law and entrench sustainable justice in the land. Dear progressive Nigerians, the aim of this article would have been achieved if the Acting President declares his assets now and compel all the new Ministers to do so. The Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria should ensure that he who must come to equity must come with clean hands.

Prince Timi Ogiri Ebitare

http://www.pointblanknews.com/Articles/artopn2593.html
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Kobojunkie: 2:55am On Feb 04, 2011
Why not start a completely new thread on this instead??

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / El Rufai In Court To Sue The Union Over Report Of Declaration Of Assets..photos / Wike Maintains Lead, Wins Additional Four LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.