Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees (53650 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Driver Flees As Truck Crushes Toddler To Death, Injures Mum & Others In Rivers / Truck Crushes Lagos Driver To Death As He Was Under His Truck Checking Out Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by kayusely70(m): 3:36pm On May 15, 2020
So Sad! God Rest Her Soul And Keep The Family.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by ignis: 3:37pm On May 15, 2020
gambia:
May her soul rest in peace.

Amen
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by vezycash(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2020
BennyDon:
If there were pedestrian bridge right there she would have crossed to the other side of the road in peace but now she crossed to the other side of the river in peace

There is a pedestrian bridge there.

It's just that Lagos government decided to put the bridge 7 minutes away from the bus stop.

Not only is the bridge far away from the bus stop, no houses on both sides of the bridge.

And the bridge is up hill.

So literally no one uses the bridge. I'll be shocked if you to 100 people use it per month.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by OKTolu: 3:40pm On May 15, 2020
So sad rest in peace ma
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Tremple8v: 3:41pm On May 15, 2020
If driver no flee for 9ja , I swear them go lynch am .

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by YaksonFCA(m): 3:41pm On May 15, 2020
RIP. Condolences
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by wink2015(m): 3:50pm On May 15, 2020
Very sad news.

HIT AND RUN DRIVERS !

Them plenty for Naija !

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by TommyAnthem(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2020
Having fled the scene, the driver should have surrendered himself to the nearest police station, it saves him a lot of trouble.
R.I.P madam
thorpido:
So sad.People should learn to look-left-right-and left again before crossing the road.
The driver didn't do well by abandoning her though I understand his fear of being mobbed.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by kingthreat(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2020
toluleke:
God have mercy, but why Vandalise the BRT buses will that bring back the corpse all those danfo drivers any small thing they go vent their anger on BRT they shall no want BRT to work. May her soul rest in Peace

When blood flows, there is a rage.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:54pm On May 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad! Rest in peace

He clear say you go nursery school. Look left, look right, look left again! What about "look right again? Damnnnnn our nursery school teachers are funny that year! Probably na the vehicle from right Knock her down

But my nigggar. Wetin want happen go still happen!
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

After looking left and right! Building fit still collapse untop her head. Stray bullet fit still meet her.
See brother! Just enjoy your life! Things many way fit kill person in a day. Even for inside house electric fit still shock person die
First time I'm aligning with yuh assertion buddy.

Itz bin funny n annoying in many ways.

May her soul find solemn with the Lord!
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by mechanics(m): 3:54pm On May 15, 2020
thorpido:
So sad.People should learn to look-left-right-and left again before crossing the road.
The driver didn't do well by abandoning her though I understand his fear of being mobbed.
I do shine my eyes very well before crossing o, I know that bus park well, the drivers do speed even before turning.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by femi4: 3:57pm On May 15, 2020
thorpido:
it doesn't matter how many times you do left-right back to back, that brt lane is just too dangerous
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by farem: 3:59pm On May 15, 2020
Shormiey:

source: https://punchng.com/brt-crushes-lagos-businesswoman-to-death-driver-flees/

It's a sad event HOWEVER the busman acted quite right.
In the absence your security, your first expectation is to survive. Afterall, the deed has been done.
The busman would have been lynched for an occurrence that might not be entirely his fault.
I advice all road users (drivers and pedestrians) should exercise more caution henceforth.
My Condolences to the bereaved.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Usman16(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2020
The brt corridor in Agric bus stop is a death trap. I almost lost my life their this past sunday. To God almighty be the glory.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by BotafogoJunior(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2020
@CAPSLOCKED come and see,the woman that died she is a pastor if she had survived the accident or probably had a fracture,we would have had testimonies of how God is faithful and bla bla bla,now she is dead they would also say God giveth and taketh.these religious people are psychos.....
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Ememboo: 4:06pm On May 15, 2020
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Acuna91: 4:07pm On May 15, 2020
may her soul rest in peace, Amen.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by BabaO2: 4:15pm On May 15, 2020
The BRT CSO is still making silly and disgusting defence that the dead woman did not look well before crossing.
The fact is that those BRT drivers are not disciplined, they always speed off at road intersections, crossings, bus-stops even at peak periods when people are so many at the bus stops and one could easily slipped into their tracks without having regards for human life. They don't take precautions.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Enwhen(m): 4:16pm On May 15, 2020
thorpido:

There is nothing like LEFT AND RIGHT in that particular road( Lagos -ikorodu road) ...THE BRT COUNTER BOTH THE RIGHT AND LEFT LANES...it has been concurrent incidents in that road , either they run off their lanes or they hit somebody and not just BRT alone.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2020
Too bad. RIP
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Orpe7(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2020
Was there no pedestrian bridge?
If there was the driver can fight it in court
Cus some nigerians can be stubborn, bridge na for usage not fashion
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by FSolar: 4:33pm On May 15, 2020
vezycash:

Visibility is poor on that part of the road. These road guard rails block the vision of people crossing there and the road is slight curved.

So it really feels like vehicles appear out of no where.
The solution is simple. They should put multiple speed bumps there.

I seriously don't know why they didn't put any because there a four way inter section just ahead of where that woman was hit.

I hear you clearly but there is the part of looking at the function of the “road guard rails” you mentioned.

Putting more speed bumps on the BRT lane is not something to be desired because with the few, it is hell sitting at the back for a journey from Ikorodu to TBS. hopefully your spine doesn’t shift.

Lagos Cray is optimum so you can not be operating outside of its SOP. Driving and speed should be well cautioned. Pedestrians should also do better. “Look left and right 3times before crossing”
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by gwama: 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
Speed kills in this country. angry angry angry
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by gwama: 4:37pm On May 15, 2020
THIS IS NIGERIA. So sad. cry cry cry
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad! Rest in peace

He clear say you go nursery school. Look left, look right, look left again! What about "look right again? Damnnnnn our nursery school teachers are funny that year! Probably na the vehicle from right Knock her down

But my nigggar. Wetin want happen go still happen!
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

After looking left and right! Building fit still collapse untop her head. Stray bullet fit still meet her.
See brother! Just enjoy your life! Things many way fit kill person in a day. Even for inside house electric fit still shock person die
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by gwama: 4:42pm On May 15, 2020
A good wife, a good mother, a prosperous businesswoman and a good Christian, with all that, the Lord did not protect him from this dreadful death, why? cry cry cry
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 15, 2020
vezycash:

Visibility is poor on that part of the road. These road guard rails block the vision of people crossing there and the road is slight curved.

So it really feels like vehicles appear out of no where.

After a bike almost hit me there when I newly returned to Lagos.

I learned to walk further away from the blindspot and keep looking left - and right continuously because BRT is coming from both sides of the road.

The solution is simple. They should put multiple speed bumps there.

I seriously don't know why they didn't put any because there a four way inter section just ahead of where that woman was hit.

Most people don't go to the intersection because it's far away from the bus stops and now you'd have to look left right, front and behind.

Crazy.

Thanks for the insight, though quite scary. Only a street savvy Lagosian can deal with this kind of thing. Seeing how sheltered the woman's life must have been (her husband being a Glo topshot), I wonder what business she had crossing the Expressway in that sort of vicinity.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by SuperbCrown: 4:50pm On May 15, 2020
thorpido:

Are you now still saying he should have to mobbed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.