Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees (53632 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Driver Flees As Truck Crushes Toddler To Death, Injures Mum & Others In Rivers / Truck Crushes Lagos Driver To Death As He Was Under His Truck Checking Out Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 15, 2020
Tremple8v:
If driver no flee for 9ja , I swear them go lynch am .
Fleeing was, is and will always be the sensible thing to do in a place like Lagos, especially in a rowdy area like that with many frustrated peasants.

The driver only ought to report himself afterwards to his employers or to the police.

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by vezycash(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2020
FSolar:

Putting more speed bumps on the BRT lane is not something to be desired because with the few, it is hell sitting at the back for a journey from Ikorodu to TBS. hopefully your spine doesn’t shift.

I feel you bro. I lived in Ghana for about 6 years and I can tell you with full confidence - those tiny strips we have on that road aren't speed bumps. The ones on Koforidua roads are so tall that your vehicle will shoot into the air if you try to speed over them.

Let's put it this way, crazy yahoo boys who love to speed more than any thing slowed down for those bumps.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Lorlahlizzy(f): 5:04pm On May 15, 2020
rest in peace mummy okeleke she was a very nice woman.I know her personally May God give the family fortitude to bear the loss

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Lorlahlizzy(f): 5:05pm On May 15, 2020
rest in peace mummy okeleke she was a very nice woman.I know her personally May God give the family fortitude to bear the loss
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Americanboy35: 5:12pm On May 15, 2020
please God can this 2020 deletes itself already!! what a year to remember.....
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by frog12: 5:14pm On May 15, 2020
agreed. the new road designs on ikorodu road is confusing.

vezycash:

The road design is confusing. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Road slightly curved, tall metal divider obstructing vision. And slightly ahead a four way intersection.

All these and NO SPEED BUMP.

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by micflo28(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2020
Big woman ooo... Her driver dropped her off. Dropping off that you will still cross road is that dropping off. The woman for try sex learn how to drive and drive herself.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by micflo28(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2020
Big woman ooo... Her driver dropped her off. Dropping off that you will still cross road is that dropping off. The woman for try sef learn how to drive and drive herself.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by FOLLYVENTURES: 5:31pm On May 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad! Rest in peace

He clear say you go nursery school. Look left, look right, look left again! What about "look right again? Damnnnnn our nursery school teachers are funny that year! Probably na the vehicle from right Knock her down

But my nigggar. Wetin want happen go still happen!
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

After looking left and right! Building fit still collapse untop her head. Stray bullet fit still meet her.
See brother! Just enjoy your life! Things many way fit kill person in a day. Even for inside house electric fit still shock person die

Hahaha typical African mental!
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Gaggii: 5:36pm On May 15, 2020
TransflectTP:
RIP. Only God knows what might have been running through the driver's mind but then, fleeing was never the best option.

Meanwhile, ladies and gentlemen, we are poised to change your experience for good in car hiring and rental services and as well as bike delivery services in and outside Lagos.

For enquiries, check my signature for our contacts.

Can I put my car in your company
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by TransflectTP(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2020
Gaggii:

Can I put my car in your company

Please call/chat the displayed number. Thanks.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by babajero(m): 5:44pm On May 15, 2020
thorpido:
So sad.People should learn to look-left-right-and left again before crossing the road.
The driver didn't do well by abandoning her though I understand his fear of being mobbed.
Nigerians are the problem, if he eventually stopped instead people to take care of the victim on the ground they will lynch the driver then leave the 2 of them there to die.

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Simbrixton(m): 5:45pm On May 15, 2020
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 15, 2020
jidxin:
he will be mobbed.... i really dont know weda he did well... but he should have informed his employers

Bro that driver did the best. He was there and could assess the impact so he came to conclusion that the victim could not make it. The next thing is for the area boys at agric bus stop to descend on him. As long as he was driving government motor they see him as enemy.

On the other hand who told you that his employers don't know his whereabouts? Okay you don't know nigeria. Maybe you just came back.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Tremple8v: 6:12pm On May 15, 2020
I agree .
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Honeydenz(f): 6:26pm On May 15, 2020
Rip what a hard and painful way to die.
May our loved one never experience anything like this IJN. But seriously one need to watch out especially this year 2020, things are getting out of hand o.

What a year!
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by JoshEnigma(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2020
Another soul lost! RIP!
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Balance5432: 6:54pm On May 15, 2020
see below
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by IME1: 7:31pm On May 15, 2020
vezycash:

I feel you bro. My entire family almost died on December 31st 2000 going to church.

Curved road - mangrove swamp on the other side.

That's how one car driving at crazy speed slapped the side of our own car and zoomed off.

If not that the driver was alert, we would have been news paper story the next day.

God forbid
You or your loved ones will not be on any newspaper or blog for any tragedy in Jesus name, amen.
It is God Who saves.
Too many instances, too many
In that persons mind now he or she was speeding to meet up an emergency not caring about other road users, you see people undecided

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by DonMekino(m): 8:37pm On May 15, 2020
The recklessness exhibited on daily basis by drivers both vehicles and motorcycles in Lagos is unfathomable....they say yes yea this is Lagos....but for once, let's act civil and stop being more animals than the ones in the bush
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by bodmas3000(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2020
The Lord will console the family left In Jesus Name � so painful ,RIP Ma
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by 2tec(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2020
Hello Friends,

Is the pandemic forcing your business to record losses?

Regardless of the industry/ sector that you operate in, we can help you to bounce back in fortunes!

At BaseAfrique, we assist businesses to reach their target market and make their customers handy via our IT Solutions (Applications).

Our technology is not only affordable but also negotiable!

Check my signature, let's get enterprising
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Lugard12: 9:38pm On May 15, 2020
I was shocked when I received the news on Monday night. Aunty May Ur Soul Rest In Peace. Amen
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by zexy2030(m): 11:48pm On May 15, 2020
may her soul rest in peace.. nawao..
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Acme45: 1:50am On May 16, 2020
Lorlahlizzy:
rest in peace mummy okeleke
she was a very nice woman.I know her personally
May God give the family fortitude to bear the loss
i was actually looking for someone who knew her personally , you are one . She was a very good mother i was with her and the husband for more than 6yrs. A mother to all. I will call the husband today to send my condolence

1 Like

Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Acme45: 1:53am On May 16, 2020
micflo28:
Big woman ooo... Her driver dropped her off. Dropping off that you will still cross road is that dropping off. The woman for try sex learn how to drive and drive herself.
she drives very well,I know her and the family too well
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by ramdris(m): 2:46am On May 16, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad! Rest in peace

He clear say you go nursery school. Look left, look right, look left again! What about "look right again? Damnnnnn our nursery school teachers are funny that year! Probably na the vehicle from right Knock her down

But my nigggar. Wetin want happen go still happen!
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

After looking left and right! Building fit still collapse untop her head. Stray bullet fit still meet her.
See brother! Just enjoy your life! Things many way fit kill person in a day. Even for inside house electric fit still shock person die
Exactly my view of life...
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by victordaimond: 5:04am On May 16, 2020
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by Iykesonwhyte(m): 6:12am On May 16, 2020
May her gentle soul find rest in the bosom of her creator amen �
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by dotedote: 7:56am On May 16, 2020
Commenced treatment on a B.I.D case ?She died on the spot.
He ran for his dear life after uncontrollably taking another's.

IME1:
angry hit and run for fear of being mobbed.
How far can he run? How long? In this lock down? When he has family and house address? It was an accident and he'd have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and serve hard punishment for his recklessness tops.

Of you know how many lives could have been spared if the drivers who did the hit didn't run but rushed the person to hospital and ensured that treatment commenced by depositing some money or other valuables?

It could have been any one.
Meanwhile 2020 be good to us all in Jesus name, amen. The year is almost at half time and ... even May is at half time and...
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by PlanBIncome(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2020
RIP to the deceased. It’s so annoying when you see Lagos BRT drivers leaving their own already made roads yet dragging and driving rough on the little major road with users. They act like they are untouchable just because they drive those buses. I hope Lagos state govt can’t train and retrain this drivers, they are not danfo drivers for crying out loud.
Re: BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees by jidxin(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Bro that driver did the best. He was there and could assess the impact so he came to conclusion that the victim could not make it. The next thing is for the area boys at agric bus stop to descend on him. As long as he was driving government motor they see him as enemy.

On the other hand who told you that his employers don't know his whereabouts? Okay you don't know nigeria. Maybe you just came back.
true sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hoodlums In Abia Uproot Rail Lines, Sell To Recycling Companies / Patos Oghenevwede Lands Plane Without Front Tyre (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.