Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 (1287 Views)

Customers Hustle To Buy iPhone 13: Long Queue At Dubai Apple Store / Nigerian Lady, Linda, Wants To Buy iPhone 11 Pro Max With N150k & Sex 10 Times / Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by MayorVal: 2:54pm On May 15, 2020
You may have seen the latest iPhone SE 2020 and may be wondering if it is worth purchasing. The new iPhone SE 2020 is not only cheap but it also comes with the latest processor that you can find in the iPhone 11 Pro. Here’s are the quick specs of the iPhone SE 2020:

iPhone SE 2020 Key Specs & Features
>4.7-inch Retina IPS LCD, 750 x 1334 pixels, (326 PPI)
>Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
>iOS 13
>4GB RAM
>64GB / 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
>12MP Rear Cameras
>7MP Front Camera
>Non-removable 1821 mAh Li-ion Battery
>Fast Battery Charging (18W)
>Qi Wireless Charging

However, there are some drawbacks to this smartphone. Which may make you want to reconsider buying it. As you have seen above, it comes with a 4.7 inches display and looks like the iPhone 8 with the internals of the iPhone 11 Pro.

Here Are 5 Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy iPhone SE 2020
We’ve got a picture of what the iPhone SE looks like. Let us now look at some of the drawbacks of this smartphone. Here’s a list of the drawbacks and why you should not buy the iPhone SE 2020:

>Big Bezels
>LCD Display
>Battery Capacity
>Night Mode For Camera
>Face ID

1. Big Bezels – Why You Should Not Buy iPhone SE 2020
When you look at most smartphones generally in 2020, you find out that they have almost similar bezels. Each one of them tries to remove the bezels. And if they can’t, they try to hide it by reducing it.

But on the iPhone SE 2020, you’ll find thick bezels at the top and bottom. Which consumes a good part of the screen. This takes us a little bit back in time.

2. LCD Display – Why You Should Not Buy iPhone SE 2020
The 4.7-inch display on the iPhone SE 2 is a liquid-crystal display (LCD). An OLED (organic light-emitting diode) would have been better. This is because OLEDs are known for creating superior color reproductions and individual pixels that turn off for true blacks. Also, an OLED has the tendency to make devices more power-efficient. Unfortunately, the iPhone SE 2020 has an LCD.

3. Battery Capacity – Why You Should Not Buy iPhone SE 2020
Battery capacity is one of the reasons why you should not buy the iPhone SE 2020. The 1821 mAh Li-ion battery in the iPhone SE 2020 is one of the major weaknesses of this device. It is true that the iPhone SE is a good value in terms of the features and the performance you get for the money.

According to a battery test by Tom’s guide, we see that this device only lasts an average of 9 hours and 18 minutes. Even with the absence of 5G and a bigger screen, it still doesn’t last up to 11 hours or more.

4. Night Mode For Camera – Why You Should Not Buy iPhone SE 2020
In low light Environments, you may want to use the flash on the iPhone SE 2020. Why? This is because the iPhone SE 2020 does not offer a Night Mode feature on its camera. You have to probably look for the iPhone 11 series for this feature. As they can deliver awesome results in darkness.

5. Face ID – Why You Should Not Buy iPhone SE 2020
The Face ID feature is not present in the iPhone SE 2020. Although it comes with the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. But once you have used to Apple’s Face ID facial recognition system, it can be hard to go back to the Touch ID fingerprint system.

In conclusion, the iPhone SE 2020 is a good phone for its price. Considering the fact that you’ll still be getting some flagship specs. However, if you are not a fan of big displays, long-lasting battery, and Face ID feature, you can purchase the iPhone SE 2020. But if you are not comfortable with these, and have a higher budget, you can look somewhere else.

Source: https://wongacity.com/reasons-why-you-should-not-buy-new-iphone-se-2020/

1 Like

Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by constant1960: 3:00pm On May 15, 2020
Even this day money is equally useless
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by Mohbola(f): 5:28pm On May 17, 2020
The battery undecided
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by princemillla(m): 8:06pm On May 17, 2020
The battery sucks die mehn...... Na the replacement battery I pity for.

If original is coming with 1821 then replacement will be around 1300 by whTz is input
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by KrazyDave16(m): 8:51pm On May 17, 2020
I pity people - especially slay queens - that'll buy this phone. Ordinary picture/video recording battery don RED!
Powerbanks go suffer for some people hand.
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by sunshineV(f): 9:28pm On May 17, 2020
Mohbola:
The battery undecided

Calm your tits no be tecno and helio p22 be this

1 Like

Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by sunshineV(f): 9:30pm On May 17, 2020
KrazyDave16:
I pity people - especially slay queens - that'll buy this phone. Ordinary picture/video recording battery don RED!
Powerbanks go suffer for some people hand.

9hrs on average usage isn't bad really
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by seunfly: 9:40pm On May 17, 2020
Although it supports 18 watt fast charging, Apple did not include 18watt capable charger, I think it came with 5watt charger, so u have to buy 18watt chager.

Also I don't see any sensible person going back to very old design because it was iPhone, honestly Apple shows lack of regard for their fans, I'm sure it will not cost them anything to produce modern design even if it will not be so fanciful like latest iphone. I'm sure they have hundreds of design sitting in the cabinets in Apple's office but they just felt the money is too small to warrant such stress because it is Apple.

1 Like

Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by Thelucifer666(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
I dont understand why anybody would buy a phone with less than 3000mah in this modern day.
Talk less of 1812!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by KrazyDave16(m): 8:21am On May 18, 2020
sunshineV:

9hrs on average usage isn't bad really

9 hrs of texting and calling, throw in a few minutes of YT and light games is what you get of you're not utilizing the SoC.

Those glued to their phones always on Instagram and Snapchat won't have 9hrs SOT talkless of 6hrs.

1 Like

Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by KrazyDave16(m): 8:26am On May 18, 2020
seunfly:
Although it supports 18 watt fast charging, Apple did not include 18watt capable charger, I think it came with 5watt charger, so u have to buy 18watt chager.

Also I don't see any sensible person going back to very old design because it was iPhone, honestly Apple shows lack of regard for their fans, I'm sure it will not cost them anything to produce modern design even if it will not be so fanciful like latest iphone. I'm sure they have hundreds of design sitting in the cabinets in Apple's office but they just felt the money is too small to warrant such stress because it is Apple.

Imo the 18watt charger is useless given the capacity of the battery
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by seunfly: 9:20am On May 18, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Imo the 18watt charger is useless given the capacity of the battery

U need to understand that 5 watt is incredibly slow even if it is on 1812 mAh a battery, it will take up 2 to 3hrs to charge a phone u will discharge in 6hrs.

If u have used a phone with 50watt charger before, a phone with 20watt charger is incredibly slow let alone 18 or 5watt.
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by KrazyDave16(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2020
seunfly:

U need to understand that 5 watt is incredibly slow even if it is on 1812 mAh a battery, it will take up 2 to 3hrs to charge a phone u will discharge in 6hrs.

If u have used a phone with 50watt charger before, a phone with 20watt charger is incredibly slow let alone 18 or 5watt.

Using a 18watt brick to charge it to full at 1hr 30min tops only to run it down before the day is over will just hasten degradation compared to charging using a 5watt brick. Sure charging will be slow but I'd rather use it given its abmysal battery capacity.

My 2cents
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by 11Anonymous(m): 1:53pm On May 18, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Using a 18watt brick to charge it to full at 1hr 30min tops only to run it down before the day is over will just hasten degradation compared to charging using a 5watt brick. Sure charging will be slow but I'd rather use it given its abmysal battery capacity.

My 2cents
This is not true with smartphones.
Re: Burning Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Iphone SE 2020 by KrazyDave16(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2020
11Anonymous:

This is not true with smartphones.

You can drop your views, we all learn something new.

(1) (Reply)

Redmi 9 ,one Month Used / Samsung S20fe / New Iphone 13 Pro Max Silver 256gb For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.