Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help (84132 Views)

COVID-19 Has Turned Everything Upside Down In Nigeria – PTF / Corona Virus: See What Nigerians Have Turned Our Currency Into [PHOTOS] / Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Asadujames202(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2020
Hi

Which medication did you use to flatten it like that?

Please, kindly get back to me
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by richyblink1(m): 11:19am On May 20, 2020
somehelpington:
Good day all. I'll try to be brief and detailed.

I had to open a new account to stay anonymous because most of my friends come here to read news.

Pardon my english please. It all started in April of 2018. My friend told me that there was this trader nearby who needed our help to move her container shop. I think we were 6 in number or so that went to do the job. After which we were paid 400 naira each, some got 300.

While moving the container to the spot she directed us, the guy beside me left the container without informing me or should I say his hands slipped off. (Only God knows). The container gave me a deep sharp cut on my left arm.

There and then, I was rushed to a nearby chemist store to dress the wound, at the expense of the owner of the container, but I refused to take tetanus injection. For more than 6 months, the wound was taking forever to heal.

Around October 2018, My mum took me to one hospital near our house. It was when the doctor told us that the wound has already been infected, that was why it refused to heal or close up, and that the alternative was to cut off the infected surface and then stitch it up. After all and all, my mum paid 2 to 4k, (I've forgotten the exact amount). I was booked for operation on Friday morning.

I got to the hospital around 10 in the morning. The doctor gave me some injections on my left arm. She told me to lie down on the bed and close my eyes. tongue Before then, I think I saw one of the nurses giving her the surgical blade (very sharp). shocked shocked There and then, she proceeded to cut of the infected surface, which I think lasted roughly 1 hour. After that, she began to stitch it up. I could feel what was going on grin grin but I don't think it hurt me either, maybe it was because of the injection. When she was done, she used plaster to cover it up and told me to be coming for injections for one week.

After one week, I went back to the hospital, where one of the nurses had to remove the plaster and surgical thread after bombarding my buttocks with injections for 7 days. grin grin After some days, I noticed the surface began to inflate on a daily basis. We went back the hospital and the doctor told my mum to buy what the Igbos call Abuba Eke (snake skin) to rub on the surface. After using it for some days, I noticed it wasn't working, which means it was not the original Abuba Eke.

Fast forward to March of 2019, we went to another hospital, where we met one doctor like that, I can't remember what they called him but I think he's in charge of skin related issues. (That was not before paying 2k for card). Even after explaining our predecament to him, he still insisted we should get the card.

After that, he directed us to Orchard Pharmacy, to go get one injection like that. It's sold for 2k and the bottle is very small. He said it would be the best treatment, that after giving me the injection for like 2 or 3 times, it would flatten the scar, because it was a keloid scar and that if I should decide to operate on it, which he would advise us not to, that it might still come back after sometimes in a bigger form. All this made me scared. sad

Well, we came back with the bottle injection which he gave me 3 times right beside the scar, it was very painful but I am a man. grin grin After sometimes, I noticed the scar got inflated and was like about to get burst. When we got home, It was now flatter than it was. Due to money issues, we didn't go back to the hospital. (Chai, I must make am) sad

Now, I am very confused at this point. I don't know if I should go to the village to collect the Abuba Eke (snake skin) my grandma bought to be using on the scar or we should go back to the hospital (in search of the man, that's if he's still there) to collect the remaining injections.

I know my case is not the worst and I still have hope because I believe, My current situation is not my final destination.

Please I need your help and contributions.

NB: Please don't come here to tell me to go and make money first, as if money equals peace of mind. sad sad

I'd be grateful if it gets to the front page.

I had this cut on my face that got swollen and very big. My mother gave me Abuba Eke which was used in massaging it gently untill it became unnoticeable

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Adeyinka123: 11:20am On May 20, 2020
The scar looks like Corona Virus
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by juman(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2020
Bepanthen scar treatment is a cream.

Go to the pharmacy they have creams to use.

Also go to you tube, you will find some many ways to handle the scar.
Like using lemon etc.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Nobody: 11:25am On May 20, 2020
I think say na all these long scars self and I even thought it was on your face. Chai go find cream joor.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by hardcore007: 11:26am On May 20, 2020
OP, pls come let's exchange. Take mine and i will take yours abeg ooo.

You're one lucky dude bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Nobody: 11:28am On May 20, 2020
freshkpomo:
somehelpington those Oyibo when dey form say we Africans nor get sense na them mumu pass cos we don get cure for many things before them come our land... I will give you two things that worked for for my sister (her once swollen knee flattened and I still wonder if it was a magic). You have to be consistent with it cos this story happened when we were still kids and today the scar matches her skin.
1. Boar oil (this is not always easy to come bye so she never really used it cos it's common in villages and you have to book for it so we had to rely on relatives who visited our village frequently, but it was still difficult to lay our hands on it)
2. That oil-like substance that comes out of fire wood each time you cooking with it, at times it's foamy and red ( this was the ones she used back to back cos my grandmum was always giving us that amazing dish prepared with clay pots, missing those good old days lol).

Bro use these stuffs and you will be OK, trust me it has been tested. Though result is not immediate but it works, good luck.

God bless Nigeria.
The bolded is not necessary. And that is a big lie my friend, plagues and diseases where seen as the wrath of the gods so what the hell. Be liberal in your thinking.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by SpaceAngel: 11:29am On May 20, 2020
From what I can see, you have no issues. Don't become an introvert due to this small thing. Imagine what would have happened if it affected your face.

Get on with your life and forget that scar else you will pull yourself down.

You must have seen the British Nigerian singer Seal with the scar on his face due to lupus.

This didn't deter him from reaching great height in his career and funny enough he never tried to remove the scar.

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by raindrop99: 11:33am On May 20, 2020
somehelpington:

I had to open a new account to stay anonymous because most of my friends come here to read news.

Pardon my english please. It all started in April of 2018. My friend told me that there was this trader nearby who needed our help to move her container shop. I think we were 6 in number or so that went to do the job. After which we were paid 400 naira each, some got 300.

While moving the container to the spot she directed us, the guy beside me left the container without informing me or should I say his hands slipped off. (Only God knows). The container gave me a deep sharp cut on my left arm.

There and then, I was rushed to a nearby chemist store to dress the wound, at the expense of the owner of the container, but I refused to take tetanus injection. For more than 6 months, the wound was taking forever to heal.

Around October 2018, My mum took me to one hospital near our house. It was when the doctor told us that the wound has already been infected, that was why it refused to heal or close up, and that the alternative was to cut off the infected surface and then stitch it up. After all and all, my mum paid 2 to 4k, (I've forgotten the exact amount). I was booked for operation on Friday morning.

I got to the hospital around 10 in the morning. The doctor gave me some injections on my left arm. She told me to lie down on the bed and close my eyes. tongue Before then, I think I saw one of the nurses giving her the surgical blade (very sharp). shocked shocked There and then, she proceeded to cut of the infected surface, which I think lasted roughly 1 hour. After that, she began to stitch it up. I could feel what was going on grin grin but I don't think it hurt me either, maybe it was because of the injection. When she was done, she used plaster to cover it up and told me to be coming for injections for one week.

After one week, I went back to the hospital, where one of the nurses had to remove the plaster and surgical thread after bombarding my buttocks with injections for 7 days. grin grin After some days, I noticed the surface began to inflate on a daily basis. We went back the hospital and the doctor told my mum to buy what the Igbos call Abuba Eke (snake skin) to rub on the surface. After using it for some days, I noticed it wasn't working, which means it was not the original Abuba Eke.

Fast forward to March of 2019, we went to another hospital, where we met one doctor like that, I can't remember what they called him but I think he's in charge of skin related issues. (That was not before paying 2k for card). Even after explaining our predecament to him, he still insisted we should get the card.

After that, he directed us to Orchard Pharmacy, to go get one injection like that. It's sold for 2k and the bottle is very small. He said it would be the best treatment, that after giving me the injection for like 2 or 3 times, it would flatten the scar, because it was a keloid scar and that if I should decide to operate on it, which he would advise us not to, that it might still come back after sometimes in a bigger form. All this made me scared. sad

Well, we came back with the bottle injection which he gave me 3 times right beside the scar, it was very painful but I am a man. grin grin After sometimes, I noticed the scar got inflated and was like about to get burst. When we got home, It was now flatter than it was. Due to money issues, we didn't go back to the hospital. (Chai, I must make am) sad

Now, I am very confused at this point. I don't know if I should go to the village to collect the Abuba Eke (snake skin) my grandma bought to be using on the scar or we should go back to the hospital (in search of the man, that's if he's still there) to collect the remaining injections.

I know my case is not the worst and I still have hope because I believe, My current situation is not my final destination.

NB: Please don't come here to tell me to go and make money first, as if money equals peace of mind. sad sad

Baba u dnt have problem if the scar in the pic is what u are talking abt. Me that have scar on my face nko. Should i kill my self?..Mtcheeeew
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by paulsibility(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2020
I am surprised someone is ashame of scars. What if you were born blind, lame or with a very bad physical defect. Thank God for your life.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Nobody: 11:38am On May 20, 2020
How does this small scar affect your self esteem or is there something we dont know?
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by 198800Mam(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2020
BROS DIA IS NOTHING BAD ABOUT THIS YOUR SCAR TO MAKE YOU BE AN INTROVERT, BE THANKFUL TO GOD, BECAUSE ME DAT STAMPING MACHINE CUT OF MA 3LEFT HAND FINGERS.... IAM STILL BUBBLING SO JUST CHEER UP N ENJOY UR LIFE

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by joyfullyjoyous(f): 11:38am On May 20, 2020
You are lucky the whole hand was not cut off. Even the money u paid in the hospital was not much. Some people paid hundreds of thousands of narrated yetheir hands were cut off.
The scar to me is nothing you should worry about except you feel if u get involved in crime u can easily be identified.
Just take your mind off it n you won't think a thing of it again. That scar makes you you and it is a reminder of God's love for u.

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by freshkpomo(m): 11:40am On May 20, 2020
Ausrichie:

The bolded is not necessary. And that is a big lie my friend, plagues and diseases where seen as the wrath of the gods so what the hell. Be liberal in your thinking.

Both black and white learnt a thing or two from each other due to their different cultural settings which I am not disputing, but making our stuffs sound inferior is a no no for me. Every race had one or two things they did wrongly at an earlier stage but that does not make them inferior, that's my point Sir.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by kcowen(m): 11:42am On May 20, 2020
somehelpington:

Ordinary Scar you dey fear,carry your scar boldly na your identity, if you see scar for my face you go fear, our scar for face is the number of fight won.. I was in a fight with one huge handsome guy like that then I told him that "See my face e no fine na scar full everywhere shebi na you dey form fine boy, I go so design your face with bottle" the guy just left me and went away

3 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by ThierryJay: 11:43am On May 20, 2020
But the OP did not say anything about turning into an introvert in his narrations. So how come the topic is saying something else? Mods
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by OKTolu: 11:44am On May 20, 2020
You don't have to feel inferior because of this, tell yourself that you're bigger than this scar
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by SOJOSEPH(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2020
MY BROTHER STOP EXPANDING THE ISSUE UNNECESSARY.

SCAR OR NO SCAR, YOU ARE ALIVE.

IS IT PAINING YOU? IF NOT, PLEASE LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST.

YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT UP WITH THE HOSPITAL AND DOCTOR THAT TREATED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT MAY BE TOO LATE NOW.

MY CANDID ADVICE IS THAT PLEASE STOP GIVING UNNECESSARY ATTENTION TO IT IF ITS NOT PAINING YOU.

FOCUS ON YOUR LIFE.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO ONE LEG OR HAND ARE LIVING FULFILLING LIFE

LET PRIDE OUT OF YOUR LIFE AND BE HAPPY
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by nma30(f): 11:53am On May 20, 2020
This scar is not that much na, and at least it's not on your face. I have a scar on my face but I don't even allow it bother me one bit. Yours can be hidden with long sleeve shirts sef. The scar shouldn't affect your self esteem pls, always have the mindset that you are wonderfully made, don't dwell on the scar

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Elliot2(m): 11:54am On May 20, 2020
adedehinbo:
its not easy to find bro,I ve searched for it,its very scarce
OK. I will ask him were he got his. Besides, u should have poured kaikai on the wound to aid healing.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Elliot2(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2020
nma30:
This scar is not that much na, and at least it's not on your face. I have a scar on my face but I don't even allow it bother me one bit. Yours can be hidden with long sleeve shirts sef. The scar shouldn't affect your self esteem pls, always have the mindset that you are wonderfully made, don't dwell on the scar
you are beautiful! Where the scar sef?

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Adeife05(m): 12:03pm On May 20, 2020
somehelpington:

My Brother Go And Get Vistas Plus , It's A Tube Cream That Heals Injuries Especially The Types Of Long Time Injuries That Has Been Infected. The Vistas Cream Is Just #300 , You Can Get It At Most Pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 20, 2020
This is serious.

Go to ikeja under bridge,
Stand as if you wan enter bus going to ojota,
Right behind your back are guys looking for whom to tattoo.
Tell them to convert the scar into a tattoo. Looking at the shape of the scar, I will suggest buhari head or versace logo.

Hope you find this helpful?
Introverted scar-man!

Next problem please
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Happyguy201: 12:08pm On May 20, 2020
draw tattoo on it

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Dyoungstar: 12:10pm On May 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I'm a Plastic Surgeon, and from the picture I've seen, this shouldn't be too much of a worry to you, considering it's small extent, height, location, and the fact you're a man, unless you now have acquired enough money to spend.

It's more of what we call Hypertrophic scar than a Keloid(keloids would never stop growing, and would have personal and family histories).

Being a Hypertrophic scar, it will slightly flatten out with time. But if you must remove it, then, a Pladtic Surgeon will know better how to go about it.

Steroid injections, creams, etc, become less effective as scars become older. The best result would have been achieved at the earlier stage they started you on that injection (probably Kenalog).

Bros, please I need your help to explain something to me.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2020
Dyoungstar:

Bros, please I need your help to explain something to me.

Send a mail, please
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by chaloskyx: 12:20pm On May 20, 2020
you are not serious even thought the scare was on your face but on you hand come on you are going a bit too far

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by simplepee(f): 12:41pm On May 20, 2020
Chimaobison:
Go to any Longrich distributor office use my Code to buy yourself Snake Oil, it is between 1200 as you are using my code but 1600 as non member.this is my code NGO2124691. rob on the surface of the scar.Relax your mind it will be over.thanks
hi
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:45pm On May 20, 2020
Abuba Eke means snake fat nd not snake skin
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by QANNE(f): 12:46pm On May 20, 2020
Am not seeing the scar.
Please don't let it control you. You own yourself the scar doesn't own you.

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by raybestman: 12:46pm On May 20, 2020
Guy go buy epiderm cream. It is in a blue tube. Rub on the scar three times daily. After seven days then go buy penecillin ointment and rub morning and night until the face is completely healed and dried up. In addition buy amoxil capsule 500mg cost 200 naira only per sachet and get the white vitamin c. Take 1 capsule of amoxil and a vitamin c daily as u rob your epiderm cream alongside. Do this and thank me later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Rivers State Lockdown Trapped Me In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Nasarawa Native Doctor Walks Out Of Casket At His Burial (Photo) / Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.